Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Mr.BA
Topic Author

BA's B777 To Singapore?

Sun Sep 24, 2000 1:23 pm

Hey, do you all think that BA would have a B777 into Singapore one day???? Hope to catch one of them in Singapore. I don't think it is possible for a B777 to fly here... I mean this route continues to Australia from Singapore and I think the kangaroo route is busy and there's a great demand for seat so a B744 is more appilcable. Anyway, what do you think. Thanks a lot.    
Boeing747 万岁!

RayChuang

RE: BA's B777 To Singapore?

Sun Sep 24, 2000 1:58 pm

I really doubt that BA will use their 777-200ER fleet to fly LHR-SIN, because this route is a major transit point for BA's LHR-SYD routing. This route will continue to use BA's largest planes (e.g. 747-400), and will likely be flown by the successor to the 747-400 the BA will choose in the next few years (either Airbus A3XX or Boeing 747X series).

Sun Sep 24, 2000 3:20 pm

If you are interested in flying BA777 from SIN, one of the alternative you could considred would be flying BA to LHR from KUL since BA operate their B777 to KUL. Anyway, unless you fly with thier premium class, don't ever considered BA because the service is poor and the crew is bloody racist.

Sun Sep 24, 2000 6:00 pm

"Anyway, unless you fly with thier premium class, don't ever considered BA because the service is poor and the crew is bloody racist"

Sorry, not true.

philb

Sun Sep 24, 2000 6:31 pm

Attention Phileo

My experience with BA to the Far East is that BA's service is poor and I, like many others, can justify this.

As for your remarks re BA crew being racist, I would counter by saying that, as you are happy to make generalist comments, you won't get very far with your studies.

As a student, should KNOW that a statement requires a proof to justify it.

Until you justify your remarks with dates, details of the incident(s) and how many of the crew subjected you and/or others to racist actions or abuse, your remarks can only be described as paranoia or, perhaps, even racist themselves.

Mr.BA
Topic Author

Sun Sep 24, 2000 8:05 pm

Phileo,

I agree with Capt.Picard and Philb. They are right. And one thing for sure, it's not true... think twice before saying that.

Alvin
Boeing747 万岁!

Sun Sep 24, 2000 11:06 pm

Well, have a try and you'll know or you could always check out the previous posting about BA from the database and have a look by yourself.

Marco

Mon Sep 25, 2000 12:37 am

I think Ba's a great airline, I always use BA to YUL and alwways will, excellent airline!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

philb

Mon Sep 25, 2000 2:21 am

Phileo,

That is not an answer. I have flown BA to the Far East, the on board service was very poor with a poor choice of meal - served barely warm, any drinks apart from with the meals, had to be asked for at the galley.

BA lost our bags for 48 hours saying they had not been able to load late bags, even though we checked in 3.5 hours before the flight - but racism?

As I said before, please justify your comments because you are making an accussation which, if you cannot support it is, at least offensive, at worst, actionable.

airmale

Mon Sep 25, 2000 9:04 pm

TRUE! Capt.Picard my cousin and her family flew BA to London from Bahrain and they were quite surprised at the treatment, literally like they didnt exist was how they felt on board 
.....up there with the best!

MAS777

Tue Sep 26, 2000 4:23 am

Phileo

It may be of interest to note that there are a minimum of 2 Malaysian cabin crew on ALL of BA's flights to Kuala Lumpur and a friend of mine happens to be one of them. She loves working with BA and finds the British crew much friendlier to work with than her ex-crew (MAS as it happens). Personally I have never found BA racist in any way.

However - the reverse can also happen - I have often found MAS and SIA crew to be less friendly on occasion (although this is a personal subjective view) and perhaps worst of all - usually to their own kind!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos