Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WesternA318
Topic Author

How Is Frontier Doing On The Denver-Provo Route?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Self explanatory, just wondeirng how the route is doing since its startup. Anyone know?

mariner

RE: How Is Frontier Doing On The Denver-Provo Route?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Quoting WesternA318 (Thread starter):
Self explanatory, just wondeirng how the route is doing since its startup. Anyone know?

After a rocky first couple of weeks, it has built very well:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...-to-and-from-Denver-a-success.html

"Provo daily flights to and from Denver a success"

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16472805

"One month after the Provo airport started its daily flight to and from Denver, the airport will be ready to celebrate its first completely booked flight on July 22."

Since then, there have been a number of sold out flights and more this week.

mariner
aeternum nauta

F9Animal

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 pm

The loads are actually quite impressive for a new route and city! I can't go into details, but it looks good to me!  
I Am A Different Animal!!

WesternA318
Topic Author

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Shocking indeed. Any chance they'll abandon SLC for PVU?

nickofatlanta

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Silly me thought you were referring to Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos islands (Provo is the city's nick name!) Provo, Utah makes a lot more sense as a route to DEN.

mariner

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 3):
Shocking indeed. Any chance they'll abandon SLC for PVU?

I don't think PVU will ever be SLC, but if it holds up at least reasonably well through the winter months, then I could see a bit more service there, another daily frequency, perhaps.

And I have my fingers crossed for PVU-LAX, but that's a long-time dreaming of mine.  

mariner
aeternum nauta

mhkansan

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 pm

PVU could definitely be like a PHF market. Not a primary airport yet one that can sustain a good amount of service on its own even with larger airports nearby competing for service.

rampart

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Were there incentives from the airport to start this, or was it F9's idea? Incentive well spent if bookings are good and sustained, if that's the case.

-Rampart.

mariner

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Quoting rampart (Reply 7):
Were there incentives from the airport to start this, or was it F9's idea? Incentive well spent if bookings are good and sustained, if that's the case.

There is a SCASD grant to the airport which greased the wheels of this. The airport really wanted a route to LAX or LAS or PHX (or any combo of those), but Frontier was the only airline to put its hand up, so they got DEN.

I don't think anyone is regretting that.

What has been most interesting (to me) has been the community embrace of the service. There were over a thousand locals at the airport to greet the first flight and there have been several "party" greetings such as this:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politic...illa-council-kuwait-provo.html.csp

"Provo Councilwoman returns after tour of duty in Kuwait"

These reflect the "hometown" feel of the airport and, as in one of the other articles, that quality has drawn a number pax from Salt Lake City proper.

I tend to think of it as the LDS Express.  Smile

mariner

[Edited 2011-08-17 14:59:31]
aeternum nauta

WesternA318
Topic Author

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 8):
I tend to think of it as the LDS Express.

Indeed. i wonder if any other airlines will consider service to PVU.

mayor

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:32 am

I tend to think of it as the LDS Express.

Could also be called the "Happy Valley Express".  

I wonder how much influence the current construction on I-15 in Utah County has on the loads on this flight? Would things be different if it was easier to get to SLC?
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

n7371f

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Where's the enrilia dude or whatever his call name is? Isn't he suppose to come in here guns blazing?  

MaverickM11

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 1):
"One month after the Provo airport started its daily flight to and from Denver, the airport will be ready to celebrate its first completely booked flight on July 22."

Well it *is* July. If it's not full in July there's no hope. Let's see how the Fall goes...
I don't take responsibility at all

kingcavalier

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 12):
Well it *is* July. If it's not full in July there's no hope. Let's see how the Fall goes...

True, but we are in August now and tomorrow's flight out of PVU is booked 100%.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness

MaverickM11

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Quoting kingcavalier (Reply 13):
True, but we are in August now and tomorrow's flight out of PVU is booked 100%.

Same story, July/August are easy to fill. September and the last bit of August, depending on when PVU schools are back in session, are another story.
I don't take responsibility at all

RJNUT

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:41 pm

I tend to think of it as the LDS Express

DO they even stock the liquor cart on this segment?! easy flight to work!

maxamuus

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:45 pm

The city is promoting the service. I was driving down 5th West in Provo last week and they had huge banners above the street promoting the non-stop service from Provo to Denver on F9.

ABQopsHP

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:56 pm

I imagine they are gathering up quite a few customers from central Utah as well. People from Richfield, Delta, Fairview, Price, and such, would not have as far to drive by only going to PVU instead of SLC. I can see how this service could expand if advertised and promoted, well by both the city of Provo and any airline thats looks to start service there. I wish the city and any airline well in this market.
JD CRPXE
ABQ ops, Cactus 202 requesting you order 5 Green Chile Chicken stew for us to p/u on arrival. ;)

mayor

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:04 pm

It would be interesting to see a breakdown on the destinations that are connecting thru DEN.

If you were going to BIL, for example, would you rather drive the 60 miles or so to SLC and take a non-stop or fly out of PVU and connect to BIL via DEN?

Also, is F9 offering introductory fares out of PVU and once these fares are gone, will those same pax pay the higher fares? After all, we know how "thrifty" those folks in Happy Valley, are.  

There's a joke that most football bowl promoters don't want to invite BYU because the average fan will come into town with $50 and leave with $40.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

mikefrommke

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 18):
Also, is F9 offering introductory fares out of PVU and once these fares are gone, will those same pax pay the higher fares? After all, we know how "thrifty" those folks in Happy Valley, are.

I looked yesterday and found a $120 r/t to DEN only a few weeks out. Not saying this is typical but yes fares are still "introductory." I'm sure they will slowly ratchet them up over time to something more sustainable.

WesternA318
Topic Author

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 pm

There's a joke that most football bowl promoters don't want to invite BYU because the average fan will come into town with $50 and leave with $40.

and change! Hopefully, PVU will attract another carrier or two...

enilria

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Quoting n7371f (Reply 11):
Where's the enrilia dude or whatever his call name is? Isn't he suppose to come in here guns blazing?

Until the DOT data comes out there is nothing to discuss. It is all speculation. We need to see the loads and yields to know how it is doing. It's also Summer and it is all downhill seasonally from here. Too early to see who is right and who is wrong. The airport PR people are pumping it as a success because it is there job to do that to remind people it exists and sell more tickets. Show me a quote from F9 saying it is doing well enough that they will not accept the subsidy and I will believe it is a success.

mariner

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 14):
Same story, July/August are easy to fill. September and the last bit of August, depending on when PVU schools are back in session, are another story.

That is scarcely unique to Provo, but the point here is that they are filling the planes now.

There was a thread when the route started when someone pronounced it doomed because the first week's load factor was 15%.

It's come a long, long way in quite a short time.

No one knows if it profitable but at this stage of the game it doesn't need to be, there is a healthy revenue guarantee.

Quoting mikefrommke (Reply 19):
I looked yesterday and found a $120 r/t to DEN only a few weeks out.

There are fares at $108 a few weeks out - just as there are $108 fares DEN-SLC, all airlines, only a few weeks out.

mariner
aeternum nauta

point2point

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:52 pm

While this may not effect anything here, maybe this is doing well enough to attract a copycat just north up the highway?

Ogden City Corporation seeks $600,000 in Federal grant funding supported by $400,000 in local contributions towards attracting new air-carrier with revenue guarantees and operating cost offsets. Ogden community located in Northern Utah for a number of years has been seeking commercial air-service with jet-equipment to key markets in the Western US particularly Los Angeles and Denver. Airport has met with Frontier Airlines representatives and have determined twice-daily service to Denver may be feasible. Grant funding would be spent on providing revenue guarantees and also marketing program for the new air-service geared at both the business and leisure audience. DOT

WesternA318
Topic Author

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Quoting point2point (Reply 23):
While this may not effect anything here, maybe this is doing well enough to attract a copycat just north up the highway?

If DL or one of the legacies can somehow get into OGD, I'd definately fly that every time I come back to Utah. Beats the drive to SLC.

kingcavalier

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:38 pm

It would be interesting to see a breakdown on the destinations that are connecting thru DEN.

The flight tomorrow out of PVU has connections to ATL, AUS, BKG, BNA, COS, DFW, ICT, IND, LGA, MCI, MKE, OKC, OMA, PHF, SAN, SAT, SDF & STL. SAN is surprising but everything else is eastbound.

I was told around 33 connecting passengers and 66 local.

[Edited 2011-08-18 15:44:41]

fanoftristars

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 pm

My guess is that once the subsidy is gone, the flight will be gone. Not trying to sound negative, but I doubt this flight could charge more than a $20 premium for 90% of the people that would use it because most people are more price conscious than time conscious in UT county. Also, you've only got one option a day where as in SLC, you've got multiple departures throughout the day. One more consideration, if you can fly out of PVU with a connection, or fly non-stop from SLC on DL or WN, for about the same price, you'd get to your destination more quickly as the drive from Provo to SLC is only 45 min or less... Most connections times are longer and/or flight backtracking. For instance, PVU-DEN-LAX.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

mariner

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Quoting fanoftristars (Reply 26):
Not trying to sound negative, but I doubt this flight could charge more than a $20 premium for 90% of the people that would use it because most people are more price conscious than time conscious in UT county.

I'm sure Frontier would be very happy with a $20 premium over SLC.

Of greater concern may be the Delta reaction if Frontier tried to add any more service at PVU, but hey, that's happened before.

There are some hills for Frontier to climb - BYU has a deal with Delta although I believe Frontier is seeing some MTC traffic. There are also some positives and the opening of the new Provo Convention Center may change the equation a bit.

The community is certainly determined that the service will be made to work, they understand that it is their best chance at permanent commercial service and if SLC on Delta or Southwest is so much more attractive, why is anyone bothering to fly Frontier out of Provo at all? There is no great differential in fares, and some have claimed that PVU can be a tad more expensive than SLC.

Given the success of the service - and don't anyone get over-excited, by "success" I simply mean good loads - it is possible the airport may be able to achieve their stated goal attract another airline or two and who knows what may happen?

Ultimately, this isn't about Frontier. It's about PVU.

mariner
aeternum nauta

WesternA318
Topic Author

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 27):
Given the success of the service - and don't anyone get over-excited, by "success" I simply mean good loads - it is possible the airport may be able to achieve their stated goal attract another airline or two and who knows what may happen?

Would a DL leg to MSP, SEA or LAX be made to work?

Ultimately, this isn't about Frontier. It's about PVU

And that's all I care about. If more airports in Utah could get commercial service, its a plus. I'm looking forward to seeing service to OGD.

mfricke

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 am

I flew DEN-PVU at the end of June, when the flight was about one week old. The advantages of flying into PVU were many, including:

1. Free parking for the people picking me up.
2. They were able to meet me at the gate, which is a sliding glass door to the tarmac.
3. Close to your destination, if you live in the south part of the Wasatch front.
4. All the passengers had their bags and were walking out of the terminal to their cars within 10 minutes of arrival.

If Frontier can make this work, I wonder if we might one day see Allegiant flying LAS-PVU?
ONT - Southern California's Ontario!

mariner

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:05 am

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 28):
Would a DL leg to MSP, SEA or LAX be made to work?

It depends on how viable PVU proves to be. If there is any hint that Frontier - or anyone - is making a bit of money there, I assume Delta would have a snit fir of some kind.

Delta might even jump on it anyway, just to stop anyone else making money, even if it cannibalizes SLC.

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 28):
And that's all I care about. If more airports in Utah could get commercial service, its a plus. I'm looking forward to seeing service to OGD.

I don't think it is going to happen with Delta, except as above.

mariner
aeternum nauta

WesternA318
Topic Author

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 30):
It depends on how viable PVU proves to be. If there is any hint that Frontier - or anyone - is making a bit of money there, I assume Delta would have a snit fir of some kind.

Delta might even jump on it anyway, just to stop anyone else making money, even if it cannibalizes SLC.

DL does quite well in areas with more than one airport, dont they? I think PVU and OGD could be made to work with the right mix of equipment, routing and civic interest.

mariner

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:29 am

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 31):
DL does quite well in areas with more than one airport, dont they? I think PVU and OGD could be made to work with the right mix of equipment, routing and civic interest.

Maybe they could be "made to work" - but why? Provo and Ogden have been sitting there while Delta has shown no interest in them and protected the SLC hub.

I don't see that much has changed - one flight by a small airline to a minor satellite city that many think is too close to SLC?

Big woo.

mariner
aeternum nauta

fanoftristars

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:50 am

if SLC on Delta or Southwest is so much more attractive, why is anyone bothering to fly Frontier out of Provo at all

Well 99 passengers departing a day is a far cry from appx 12,000 or more a day at SLC... People are bothering to fly F9 because it's cheap AND convenient. Once it's not cheap anymore, then it will be gone. Someone was saying fares were $108 R/T to DEN a few weeks out. After taxes, that's well below F9's cost. I think they'll need more than a $20 premium to make this flight worthwhile.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

mariner

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:12 am

Quoting fanoftristars (Reply 33):
Someone was saying fares were $108 R/T to DEN a few weeks out. After taxes, that's well below F9's cost.

I said it.

But I also said that fares on SLC-DEN were $108 a few weeks out - not just on Frontier but on all the airlines, including Delta and Southwest. If that's below Frontier costs I assume that's below their costs, too.

Right now, some SLC-DEN fares are cheaper than PVU-DEN and yet enough folk are still choosing PVU.

mariner
aeternum nauta

mayor

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 am

Quoting kingcavalier (Reply 25):
The flight tomorrow out of PVU has connections to ATL, AUS, BKG, BNA, COS, DFW, ICT, IND, LGA, MCI, MKE, OKC, OMA, PHF, SAN, SAT, SDF & STL. SAN is surprising but everything else is eastbound.

So, these markets are non-stop out of SLC........ATL, AUS, COS, DFW, MCI, OKC, OMA, SAN, SAT & STL, by my reckoning.........I guess those people are willing to fly to DEN, just to make the connection to those cities, rather than drive to SLC and get to the same cities, non-stop. Maybe they just haven't realized it, yet.

One more consideration, if you can fly out of PVU with a connection, or fly non-stop from SLC on DL or WN, for about the same price, you'd get to your destination more quickly as the drive from Provo to SLC is only 45 min or less...

Exactly what I was getting at.

mariner

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:24 am

Quoting mayor (Reply 35):
Maybe they just haven't realized it, yet.

LOL.

Or maybe they just like the choice.  

mariner
aeternum nauta

CarsAir04

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:32 am

Maybe they just haven't realized it, yet

Why is it so hard to believe that people would not just fly out of an airport that is closer to them and deal with a stop? Not everyone is the same, or thinks the same or really cares that much. COS is just down the road from DEN (at least to me since i live here) and people that live half way between COS and DEN will drive to COS to take a flight that stops in DEN, sometimes people will drive up from COS to DEN. So people do both, it doesn't seem that hard to realize that people do this. In some cases, connecting flights out of COS are actually cheaper than the non-stop flights out of DEN.

mayor

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:36 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 36):
Or maybe they just like the choice.

As I said earlier, the F9 service coincided with the construction on I-15, so I wonder if their choice might not be because of the traffic problems because of the road being torn up.

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 am

I guess those people are willing to fly to DEN, just to make the connection to those cities, rather than drive to SLC and get to the same cities, non-stop. Maybe they just haven't realized it, yet.

I think its a reasonable assumption that people have realized a major airlines hub exists in their backyard, with extensive service across the country before they realized a lesser known airline now flies to a much lesser known airport.

Not to mention i'd expect they'd find a better price on Frontier in many of these circumstances.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

mayor

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:49 am

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 39):
I think its a reasonable assumption that people have realized a major airlines hub exists in their backyard, with extensive service across the country before they realized a lesser known airline now flies to a much lesser known airport.

What I was getting at is that maybe the light hadn't come on yet, over their heads concerning they had to make a connection in DEN rather than flying non-stop out of SLC. I'm sure they realize that they have DL, right up the road.

mariner

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:55 am

Quoting mayor (Reply 38):
As I said earlier, the F9 service coincided with the construction on I-15, so I wonder if their choice might not be because of the traffic problems because of the road being torn up.

It could be - I can't read people's minds and I think it is pointless trying to over-think this or make generalizations. As in the linked article:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...-to-and-from-Denver-a-success.html

"Gleason said for the most part, people flying out of Provo come from Utah County and areas south. However, he has seen some passengers driving down from Salt Lake County because they like the small airport feel without the long lines and with the easy parking."

People are different, happily, not everyone thinks the same way. I don't count myself as any kind of "average passenger", but I'll almost always choose a stop rather than a non-stop except on very short flights. I did exactly that two weeks ago on a trip.

Quoting CarsAir04 (Reply 37):
Why is it so hard to believe that people would not just fly out of an airport that is closer to them and deal with a stop?

mariner
aeternum nauta

SurfandSnow

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 am

I'd say this article sums it all up nicely:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...0-5ddf-5a8b-87c6-0be133a46297.html

Basically, the service is catching on and getting lots of positive feedback. It is showing signs of promise, but still has a ways to go before being sustainable in the long run.

Of course, it's very easy to fill flights during the summer, and those low introductory fares are a huge draw. The slow fall period will be a BIG test for this service. Also, as fares creep up over time, will people keep using it, or will they just go to SLC, where fares will usually be lower due to far greater competition? Ultimately, for this to work out F9 will have to attract enough people willing to pay a slight premium for the convenience of PVU...

Now I will admit, I thought this service would be a repeat of the ill-fated foray into LGB. So far, it does appear that this one is doing quite a bit better than their attempt at that similarly unknown alternate airport. But let's see how it's doing this time next summer - if indeed it's still around  .
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

floridaflyboy

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:17 pm

most people are more price conscious than time conscious in UT county.
One more consideration, if you can fly out of PVU with a connection, or fly non-stop from SLC on DL or WN, for about the same price, you'd get to your destination more quickly as the drive from Provo to SLC is only 45 min or less

Contradicting yourself a bit here. First you say they are more price conscious than time conscious. But then you go on to say that they would rather drive to SLC so they can get to their destination more quickly if the price was the same, which would indicate they are more time sensitive. Once you consider the cost of driving to SLC and paying for parking, it very well may be more cost effective to fly out of PVU. When I went to school in DAB, I regularly found it more cost effective to fly out of DAB at the same or occasionally an even higher fare than MCO because I'd lose all the cost savings of MCO in the drive and the parking. A lot of factors at work here.

Quoting fanoftristars (Reply 33):
After taxes, that's well below F9's cost.

Do you work in finance at Frontier? You haven't got a shred of evidence that it is "well below" F9's costs for the route. What a ridiculous statement.

Quoting CarsAir04 (Reply 37):
Why is it so hard to believe that people would not just fly out of an airport that is closer to them and deal with a stop?

Exactly! There are many factors that could make taking a connecting itinerary from your home airport more attractive than driving to a large hub and flying non-stop.
Good goes around!

mayor

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Quoting floridaflyboy (Reply 43):
Exactly! There are many factors that could make taking a connecting itinerary from your home airport more attractive than driving to a large hub and flying non-stop.

Contrary to popular belief, not EVERYONE is an airline spotter.   Not everyone wants to fly a 5 stop flight, just to see the pretty a/c, rather than an available non-stop.  

floridaflyboy

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 44):
Contrary to popular belief, not EVERYONE is an airline spotter.

Nobody said anything about airline spotting. Yes, on several occasions I did take "extra" connections for my own pleasure, but I always had the option of flying one-stop from DAB (Via ATL), which did not take appreciably longer than driving to MCO and saved money.
Good goes around!

CarsAir04

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 44):
Not everyone wants to fly a 5 stop flight, just to see the pretty a/c, rather than an available non-stop.

But also, not everyone cares, some people just buy a ticket whether they have a stop or not. Not everyone is analyzing every little detail and sometimes convenience of a closer airport wins out.

Seems everyone is over-analyzing this. Not everyone is like you who may prefer a non-stop, not everyone is like the other guy who doesn't mind a stop, not everyone is like they guy who likes a closer airport, not everyone is like a guy who will drive to have a price $5 cheaper.

Maybe it is that people are picking Provo now because they have another choice that works for them by being closer, or cheaper, or maybe they really dont care, they just bought a ticket to get to a destination.

point2point

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Quoting SurfandSnow (Reply 42):
Now I will admit, I thought this service would be a repeat of the ill-fated foray into LGB.
Quoting SurfandSnow (Reply 42):

I'd say this article sums it all up nicely:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...0-5ddf-5a8b-87c6-0be133a46297.html

I think that a real big difference here is that the L.A./LGB area didn't give a rat's fart about new F9 service at LGB.

But it seems, and per the article, that the folks around PVU are taking great pride in the fact that they now have commercial airline service at their local airport, and are dan*ed sure that this is going to work for them because they want more.

Just comparing a few numbers going eastward, SLC offers about 35 or so n/s flights eastward of Denver from all of the airlines there. F9 by itself offers about 40 or so n/s flights east of DEN destinations, depending on season. It's probably not possible to connect to all of them at present, but if PVU maybe gets a second flight here, a lot more can open up. And add in maybe a few more ZK flight connections which are code-shared. And a flight westward by F9, say PHX, LAS, or LAX, would also probably be well received in this community.

I think that the ultimate success of this is going to be in the hands of the folks in the area of PVU, and so far, it seems they are bending over backwards to make sure it is successful, from marketing, to the local politicos support, to parades at the airport, they're doing all that they can, almost to the point it seems where they want to buy up the empty seats.

kingcavalier

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Quoting CarsAir04 (Reply 46):
Maybe it is that people are picking Provo now because they have another choice that works for them by being closer, or cheaper, or maybe they really dont care, they just bought a ticket to get to a destination.

It is about the people of PVU. I had someone check this morning's flight out of PVU, you know, the one that went out 100% full. 82 of the passengers all originated in PVU.

Tomorrow's flight out of PVU is almost 100% full. It has 55 passengers making connections in DEN to ATL, AUS, BNA, DFW, DTW, HOU, IND, MCI, MDW, MKE, MSN, OKC, PHL, PHX, SAT, SDF & SFO.

mayor

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Quoting point2point (Reply 47):
SLC offers about 35 or so n/s flights eastward of Denver from all of the airlines there.

However, we're not just talking of eastward out of SLC.....there are many non-stops that go north, northwest, west......the examples I gave just happened to be mostly eastbound because those were ones I had to choose from.

This is a choice between non-stop service to your destination or connecting service (if you're not O&D). This may be a matter of convenience, although it doesn't seem convenient to me when considering non-stop vs connecting. It may be total price (parking, gas, ticket, etc.) but it has been my experience living in Utah, that many of those people may be thrifty but they'll spend a dollar to save a dime.

Quoting CarsAir04 (Reply 46):
Not everyone is like you who may prefer a non-stop,

Well, of course I do.......I'm non-rev.  

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos