Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Tigerguy
Topic Author

New Frontier/Republic #26

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:59 pm

With 260 posts on the old, it's time for a new space to toss our ideas around! Continued from: New Republic/Frontier #25. On tap:

New routes, both real and imagined
SCASD filings
Assorted bits of chit-chat

In lieu of cookies, here's a shot of Dale in TYS on June 6. Does that date sound familiar to anyone?   

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Shawn Early - Flight Deck Photography

Have at it!
Good night, and keep watching the skis. Uh, skies.

HPRamper

RE: New Frontier/Republic #26

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:15 pm

On my last F9 flight, the cookies were cold. Tragedy!!

FutureFO

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 pm

What type a/c were you on? If it was an E135/145, then it would be cold. If it was E70/90 or Airbus they should have been warm.
I Don't know where I am anymore

mikefrommke

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:00 am

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 1):
On my last F9 flight, the cookies were cold. Tragedy!!

My last 2 flights on the E90 were cold too. I don't mind them that way, but they'd probably be better if they were at least room temperature.

As for the SCASD grants, would be cool to get a few. I still hate the idea of flying to DEN from places like TOL and MDT and not MKE too. I realize the situation at MKE, but they are uncontested spokes that could also help build the MKE hub. If they only had a plane that could do shorthaul efficiently....

mariner

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:21 am

Of all the SCASD applications, this is the only one has has surprised me.

"Spokane International Airport desires Federal grant funding of $1,000,000 matched with $285,000 local cash and in-kind funding to support development of new air-services. Spokane-Coeur d’Alene is the largest population center in the Northwest without any nonstop flights to the Los Angeles Basin. Airport and its community partners are requesting grant funding to attract and retain a carrier to offer at minimum one daily round trip flight utilizing aircraft with 99-seats or greater to access the large business and leisure centers of the Los Angeles Basin. The Southern California air-service gap represents a demand of approximately 325,000 annual O&D passengers. There are several target air carriers which could benefit from this opportunity and service to secondary Los Angeles basin airports would be satisfactory to help meet this deficiency."

I'm not suggesting it is a route for Frontier, but I'm a little startled that GEG doesn't have LAX - or any LA - service.

I haven't paid any attention to it before because I thought Alaska, Southwest or Allegiant would be on it.

mariner
aeternum nauta

GentFromAlaska

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:12 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 4):
I'm not suggesting it is a route for Frontier, but I'm a little startled that GEG doesn't have LAX - or any LA - service.

The ITA software populates several routes with many frequencies between GEG-LAX through SEA, PDX BOI, SFO, LAS on AS, QX and WN,

It seems strange to me the feds would even consider a SCASD request for an airport seeking non-stop service.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

bjorn14

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:08 am

The Southern California air-service gap represents a demand of approximately 325,000 annual O&D passengers.

And they only want one R/T a day. It looks like they could support 2-3x daily on a 100-seater.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

YXwatcherMKE

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 6):
The Southern California air-service gap represents a demand of approximately 325,000 annual O&D passengers.

And they only want one R/T a day. It looks like they could support 2-3x daily on a 100-seater.

That works out to be 890.4 Pax. a day a year. So I would think that route could support 3 daily A320's based on the number supplied by Mariner. I would think WN or AS would already have n/s service operating. Seems odd to me no one does the route n/s, but I would think F9 would jump on that route if they have the metal to support the route. It would be a good P2P route.
Oh, if only MKE could support that volume to LA Basin, the business F9 could do with that at MKE. To dream my Friends, to dream!

[Edited 2011-08-20 06:47:41]
I miss the 60's & 70's when you felt like a guest on the plane not cattle like today

knope2001

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Can't direct-quote from the last thread since it is locked but a couple of replies anyway.

Quote:
As far as I can see, you are the only one who has raised this strawman assumption.

The original poster copied a Bedford items in which he said sub-99-seat aircraft don't work in the branded operation. Then they said:

Quote:
70% of MKE's flying is on the E135/E145.
Quote:
Take away 70% of MKE departures and you're only left with around 20 flights on the E190/Airbus.

The OP is speculating the RJ's will be parked...I didn't just make that up to try and knock it down.

Quote:
At current fuel the 50 seaters need an average onboard prorated fare of $160-175 (@ 2 hour block) to breakeven assuming an 80% LF. That is nearly impossible to achieve. FNT-MKE's local fare may seem quite high, but once you mix it with the $50 prorate from those FNT-LAS passenger it falls quickly below $160.

MKE-FNT is nowhere near a 2 hour block time...it's typically 35 minutes in the air and is just over 200 miles.

Quote:
The problem with counting the "beyond revenue" to the flight is that it is double-counted fools gold. If somebody flies PIT-MSP, for example, and on both flights you count the passenger's entire fare, you have overstated revenue beyond what was actually received when you total both flights. That is why in most cases I do not believe in "beyond revenue" profitability.

I agree that it's illogical to not allocate revenue on a connecting flight to both legs -- anyone who doesn't is indeed deouble-counting revenue. A $200 FNT-MKE-DFW ticket isn't $200 for FNT-MKE and $200 for MKE-DFW of course. I've heard commonly it's (very rough average) around 35% allocation for the feeder leg, but I'm sure that varies from airline to airline and market to market. Depending on how the allocation is done, internal accounting can make ome division or another (RJ feed or mainline) look profitable or unprofitable. I do wonder sometimes, though, how much number bending there is based on desired outcomes from carrier to carrier.

LAXintl

Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:50 pm

I haven't paid any attention to it before because I thought Alaska, Southwest or Allegiant would be on it.

Well Alaska/Horizon was at one time indeed all over it with multiple daily flights. As late as 2007 Alaska had mainline service in the market with Horizon running CRJ700s also. With the parking of CR7s at Horizon, and broader route realignments with AS focusing much more on SEA than secondary PNW markets the route got cut in 2009.

Quoting YXwatcherMKE (Reply 7):
That works out to be 890.4 Pax. a day a year.

In fairness, the demand number the GEG application is using is a broad SoCal demand which includes things like SBA, PSP, SAN, etc. LA metro proper demand is about 600/day which is still quite considerable never the less.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

jgrantco

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Do the FAs not serve the cookies if they believe not enough to go around? I'm finding a number of the return to DEN flights they are not offerred. Are they not stocked at outlying stations? Example DAY-DEN late afternoon, 405p A319, twice flown in the past few weeks, no cookies either flight, never mentioned. Plenty to go around on my outbound DEN-IND and DEN-DAY flights. Just curious on how this is working?

SANFan

Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 9):
In fairness, the demand number the GEG application is using is a broad SoCal demand which includes things like SBA, PSP, SAN, etc. LA metro proper demand is about 600/day which is still quite considerable never the less.

I'm not really sure whether the app is talking just about LA or all of So Cal but it might be of interest to note that AS/QX has at least twice (and possibly 3 times?) in the past flown between SAN and both GEG and BOI; the last time service was offered was when ExpressJet served both markets. (QX stopped flying SAN-GEG in late April of 2008.)

The DOT's SAN-GEG O&D figure for 4Q11 was 94 PDEW, and for 3Q11, it was 113. Not in the same ballpark as LA metro of course, but not exacly chicken spit either.

bb

FutureFO

Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Quoting jgrantco (Reply 10):

We are catered to 75% of booking. As not everyone takes a cookie. They are supposed to serve them regardless. The stations where we are catered are MKE, DEN, MCI.

LAXintl

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Quoting SANFan (Reply 11):
I'm not really sure whether the app is talking just about LA or all of So Cal

The grant application is for LA basin airport service, however they state in the app the traffic number they provided was for the broader SoCal region.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

MSYtristar

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Is SAT-MKE ending? I don't see the service operating after November 29. Of course it'd still be an easy, direct connection via MCI.

HPRamper

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 1):
What type a/c were you on? If it was an E135/145, then it would be cold. If it was E70/90 or Airbus they should have been warm.

A320...

Do the FAs not serve the cookies if they believe not enough to go around? I'm finding a number of the return to DEN flights they are not offerred. Are they not stocked at outlying stations? Example DAY-DEN late afternoon, 405p A319, twice flown in the past few weeks, no cookies either flight, never mentioned. Plenty to go around on my outbound DEN-IND and DEN-DAY flights.

I've been on at least a couple flights where there were so many cookies left after the first go-around that many pax ended up with two.

LAX-area to GEG sounds more like the kind of route that UA or AA might launch from the LAX hub, especially with no WN or AS on it to compete with.

mikefrommke

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 14):
Is SAT-MKE ending? I don't see the service operating after November 29. Of course it'd still be an easy, direct connection via MCI.

Bummer. Hopefully this is just a "seasonal" discontinuation. The flight I was on last week was full both ways.

knope2001

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Looks like the 3x/week MKE-SAT lift is being used for seasonal Florida flying instead this winter. Not sure if MKE-SAT gets added back with future schedule adjustments, or after the Florida seasonal service ends, or what, however.

pilotfox

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:36 pm

After a little time on google it looks as if Republics next E190 is under production. Its been given a construction number and test reg number (PT-TOC).

point2point

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:06 pm

BB has stated at a travel convention in Denver that he is he is open to selling tickets through non-traditional providers such as social couponing websites or Internet search engine sites — as long as the new partnerships are profitable for the airline....

also stated

“There’s a lot of experimentation going on right now. People want to see if this new channel can change travel patterns,” Bedford said, adding that airlines are interested in seeing if they can reach customers to whom they do not normally communicate.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...frontier-airlines-parent-eyes.html

It would be nice if this could ever work and that he could get a bit of a premium for F9.

[Edited 2011-08-24 11:07:26]

onaclearday

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:31 am

Do the FAs not serve the cookies if they believe not enough to go around? I'm finding a number of the return to DEN flights they are not offerred. Are they not stocked at outlying stations? Example DAY-DEN late afternoon, 405p A319, twice flown in the past few weeks, no cookies either flight, never mentioned. Plenty to go around on my outbound DEN-IND and DEN-DAY flights. Just curious on how this is working?

Not sure why cookies were not served on the particular flights you mentioned. As a Frontier flight attendant, I can assure you that we're catered with chocolate chip cookies to 100% of aircraft capacity for each flight leg that departs after 10:00 or 10:30 a.m.--can't remember exactly which time. That's each flight leg that doesn't go through a catering base.

So, a round trip DEN-IND or DEN-DAY that departs Denver after the magic ten o'clock a.m. hour should have cookies served both directions. Unless a flight attendant drops a tray (or two, which I have done--once or twice. My bad. I can never apologize enough). What's more, we usually have one or two trays of left over cookies. And they are best at room temperature or warm. They have a bitter after-taste when cold straight off the catering truck. Or so I hear.

FutureFO

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:57 am

Really 100% of capacity. At RW we are catered to 75%. As there has not been a new memo as to catering.

loggat

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:01 am

Quoting FutureFO (Reply 21):
At RW we are catered to 75%

RW caters for 100% seat capacity now. It has been that way for nearly a year. The 75% experiment lasted only a few weeks. I think they realized they were better off making happy customers who might get a second cookie from leftovers than having 25% of the plane pissed off who didn't get a cookie.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't.

FutureFO

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:21 am

Well it was nice that a memo was put out about it.

jgrantco

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:21 am

Quoting Reply 20):
Not sure why cookies were not served on the particular flights you mentioned.

Seemed unusual, never know the circumstances... Could have asked but I need to stay away from the cookies anyway. Not complaining, F9 is my first choice out of DEN. Flights have been packed and even booked DAY as alternate for travel to Indy a couple of weeks ago as flights were full out of IND on Aug 14. Great job F9, thanks!

jgrantco

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:27 am

Quick question for F9 IT insiders... any rumors that a phone app is in the works?

mikefrommke

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:59 am

Quoting jgrantco (Reply 25):
Quick question for F9 IT insiders... any rumors that a phone app is in the works?

I don't know about a native app, but I know Midwest had a pretty useful mobile website that launch only a few months before the Midwest site was shutdown. I am sure their priority is finishing the new site first.

smoot4208

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:21 am

Quoting knope2001 (Reply 17):
Looks like the 3x/week MKE-SAT lift is being used for seasonal Florida flying instead this winter. Not sure if MKE-SAT gets added back with future schedule adjustments, or after the Florida seasonal service ends, or what, however.

With F9 operating MCI-SAT, MKE-SAT doesn't make much sense anyways

PlanesNTrains

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 am

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 6):
Quoting YXwatcherMKE (Reply 7):
So I would think that route could support 3 daily A320's based on the number supplied by Mariner. I would think WN or AS would already have n/s service operating.

A few thoughts:

WN doesn't have nonstops from the PNW to SoCal. Most flights go through SLC/RNO/OAK/SJC/SAC/LAS. They also are cutting some service to GEG, including GEG-SEA, so it would appear that the GEG market (among others) is losing capacity to other needs.

AS/QX comes and goes on the GEG-LAX route from what I've seen. I'm quite certain that any addition from a carrier other than perhaps AA or DL would see them re-adding service again. That is, until the "offending" carrier drops their service, at which time AS will do what most territorial carriers do and discover that the market is not profitable and the capacity would be shifted elsewhere.

I don't see AA or DL adding the route (it could happen, of course) because they can simply let AS feed them via SEA/PDX. However, if one of them were to, I'd bet on DL.

For GEG-LAX, my guesses of a carrier adding it would be:

1. Allegiant (GEG-LAX)
2. Delta (GEG-LAX)
3. JetBlue (GEG-LGB)

However, other than Allegiant, the others seem somewhat doubtful to me in the current environment.

-----------

Frontier and GEG? It is frustrating to me that they seem to come and go with capacity there, as it would seem a great market for their service. UA and DL are strong to the east, though, and I think this makes F9 the odd man out.

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

mariner

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Quoting PlanesNTrains (Reply 28):
For GEG-LAX, my guesses of a carrier adding it would be:

1. Allegiant (GEG-LAX)
2. Delta (GEG-LAX)
3. JetBlue (GEG-LGB)

Although said I wasn't suggesting GEG-LAX for Frontier, in view of all that has been said maybe I've changed my mind a bit.  

I suppose the schedule and route map are pretty much set for winter now. I'd be surprised if too much more is added, at least in the way of new routes. I think they're all pretty good, although I'd have liked to see OKC-MCO come back, if only a couple of times a week and I wonder if a Saturday LIT-MCO might have been worth a shot. Then again, I assume there is a limit to available aircraft.

My first post ever about Frontier (Yahoo Finance 1998) was about connecting the dots, so obviously I am pleased about the non-hub p2p's, although I have question marks about a couple of them - I am wary about PHX-BKG but I assume Frontier is "protected".

I am intrigued that Frontier is ready to take on (indirectly) Allegiant with DSM-Florida and I'm pleased that the PIE v. TPA issue has been resolved. I hoped for PIE but if folk prefer TPA so be it and I wonder if it represents a critical (if subtle) difference between Frontier and Allegiant.

I am a tad disappointed that there is no Caribbean destination yet and, in view of the Apple flying, I probably mean PUJ - Punta Cana. I believe Frontier will be flying to PUJ from a few places, but all of them for Apple Vacations and while I understand that this is money without risk, I could stand a little risk on this one.

Mostly now, I wonder what happens with the DCA/LGA slot swap and the upcoming blind auction. Delta getting their hands on such a large number of LGA slots is going to change the equation and I guess there will be some swamping of the Midwest/LGA. Only a guess, of course, but couple this with the Southwest/Airtran thing and the next few months may be - interesting.

I assume Frontier will bid, but I don't know how hopeful I am. The good news to come out of it is that the DOT has agreed that Frontier can bid at all, but if money is the loudest voice I assume Southwest will be singing louder than anyone else.

But who knows? Maybe I'm under-estimating the DOT or maybe Daniel Shurz can come up with a couple of outside-the-box routes that tickle the DOT's fancy.

mariner
aeternum nauta

GentFromAlaska

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 29):
maybe Daniel Shurz can come up with a couple of outside-the-box routes that tickle the DOT's fancy.

If Daniel wanted to tickle DOT and maybe DOD fancy I offer he make a formal request to connect the Pentagon with a handful of of the larger DOD military bases, SAT for example you get three military bases for the price of one. FAY for Fort Bragg, NC would be a second. A third might be CKV for Fort Campbell, KY. I.d imagine the slots at DCA (closest airport serving the Pentagon) would be found if a request to serve these of markets were made. Going out on a limb DCA-ORF or PHF for the Navy's Atlantic fleet would be another. Although it's only a four hour drive on a good traffic day there is no non-stop service that I can find from DCA, IAD, BWI to ORF or PHF.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

n7371f

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:37 am

Quoting PlanesNTrains (Reply 28):
Frontier and GEG? It is frustrating to me that they seem to come and go with capacity there, as it would seem a great market for their service. UA and DL are strong to the east, though, and I think this makes F9 the odd man out.

-Dave

Actually Frontier's schedule east is equal to, if not better, than United out of Spokane. What UA has left in GEG to the east is abysmal (try booking - I did). Without the ORD nonstop, many east coast cities can only be accessed on the 6am DEN nonstop, which then requires a second connection at ORD and IAD. And that's it! The DEN afternoon departure leaves too late to make any connection to the outer east coast. At least Frontier's 2 DEN nonstops connect to its banks heading east on its network.

Delta is by far the easiest choice east out of GEG, especially in the peak summer months when they run 3 or 4 a day to MSP.

FutureUScapt

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:42 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 30):
Although it's only a four hour drive on a good traffic day there is no non-stop service that I can find from DCA, IAD, BWI to ORF or PHF

US currently flies DCA-ORF and WN flies BWI-ORF. There is, however, no service from PHF to the DC area.

bjorn14

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:39 pm

I know this a bit old but interesting how DEN would plan for one of the 3 hubs being closed.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...?source=skipframe-www.linkedin.com
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

rj777

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 pm

let's just hope F9 gets all their birds off the east coast before Irene comes in and sends them flying!

point2point

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 33):
I know this a bit old but interesting how DEN would plan for one of the 3 hubs being closed.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...n.com

As per this article, F9s leases for their 18 gates here at DEN expire at the end of the year.

I think that we're all keeping our fingers crossed that maybe this time the officials in Denver will show some real love (as opposed to the other luv -   ) for their hometown born and raised baby.

mcg

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Do I recall correctly that F9 is canceling DEN - GEG service?

mariner

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:23 pm

Quoting mcg (Reply 36):

It was a rumor a few weeks ago. It doesn't seem to be a fact. DEN-GEG is still in the system and bookable through the winter.

mariner
aeternum nauta

knope2001

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:23 pm

I don't think it was even a real "rumor". It was somebody not remembering right and confusing GEG for BOI. When that person was asked where they heard GEG was going seasonal, they realized they confused it with BOI.

mariner

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Quoting knope2001 (Reply 38):
I don't think it was even a real "rumor". It was somebody not remembering right and confusing GEG for BOI. When that person was asked where they heard GEG was going seasonal, they realized they confused it with BOI.

Ah, thanks, I wondered where it started. But it sure had wings - it came to me from two sources not at Frontier.

mariner
aeternum nauta

yx302

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Quoting rj777 (Reply 34):
let's just hope F9 gets all their birds off the east coast before Irene comes in and sends them flying!

I was told today most of them will be coming to mke to wait it out.

PlanesNTrains

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 39):
Ah, thanks, I wondered where it started. But it sure had wings - it came to me from two sources not at Frontier.

Well, I believed it and I commented on F9/GEG in another thread partially based on that. lol

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

mke717spotter

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:49 am

I was browsing through the forum over on Flyertalk and one poster mentioned that F9 has picked up a second gate at MDW. There was a follow-up post suggesting that this extra gate could be used for Apple Vacations charters, but with the FL brand disappearing (this will leave MDW with only three main carriers) does anyone think that F9 could make a small expansion there? It might be tough getting MDW-MCI/MKE to work and of course there's always the WN factor, but maybe they can get a few p2p routes up.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

n7371f

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 39):

mariner

It was the enrilia poster musing over upcoming schedule changes. He mistook GEG for BOI. I can personally vouch that F9 does alright in GEG. They also have slightly lower overhead as QX continues to ground handle all operations. Where F9's costs may be slightly higher are found in their month-to-month lease with the Airport Authority. Stumps me why F9 hasn't gone signatory in GEG yet.

mikefrommke

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Quoting mke717spotter (Reply 42):
It might be tough getting MDW-MCI/MKE to work and of course there's always the WN factor, but maybe they can get a few p2p routes up.

Personally I'd like to see them make a go of MDW-MKE. Obviously the route wouldn't have much O/D, but there might be enough travelers willing to do MDW-MKE-BOS or MDW-MKE-MCO to make it worthwhile. Right now I doubt their is any loyalty in MDW for F9 unless people are only traveling West. With a MKE connection, they can gain some loyalty for travelers that want options and may not want to fly WN. MDW-MKE isn't much different than MSN-MKE, except you don't have to drive through Chicago traffic from MSN for people that want to drive.

Another thought I had was maybe partnering with Amtrak's Hiawatha Service to draw in more Chicago passengers. I recently took the train from Chicago to MKE and found the airport station extremely convienient.

Viajero

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Does anyone know when the A318's are supposed to be retired? I believe only 801 and 802 are left in the fleet at this time. I apologize if this question has been covered before, but I haven't seen anything about it in the thread. Thanks!
Regards,
Viajero

mcg

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 37):
Quoting mcg (Reply 36):

It was a rumor a few weeks ago. It doesn't seem to be a fact. DEN-GEG is still in the system and bookable through the winter.

mariner

Thanks for the GEG info. I'm glad to see service continue as I sometimes use GEG is a low cost alternative to MSO.

mariner

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Quoting n7371f (Reply 43):
It was the enrilia poster musing over upcoming schedule changes. He mistook GEG for BOI. I can personally vouch that F9 does alright in GEG.

Then I had missed it for two reasons, the other one being that I had tuned out of the whole - lengthy - BOI debate here and I was amused when Southwest cancelled three routes ex-BOI at about the same time.

You should all probably be grateful I'm not route planning at Frontier because in view of Southwest's cancelled BOI-SLC (and the Mormon populations) I'd be looking at PVU-BOI once a day.  

No, no, I jest - sort of. I assume Delta would have a conniption fit and that is a battle yet to be resolved.

The one I didn't mention and which intrigues me is RFD. I've heard vague chirps that, for so far out, it's actually booking quite well (which doesn't mean it's a bonanza yet!) at least on some flights - but I have nothing I'd take to the bank.

mariner
aeternum nauta

F9Animal

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Quoting viajero (Reply 45):
Does anyone know when the A318's are supposed to be retired? I believe only 801 and 802 are left in the fleet at this time. I apologize if this question has been covered before, but I haven't seen anything about it in the thread. Thanks!
Regards,
Viajero

The 318's will remain with F9 for the foreseeable future. Bryan Bedford decided to hang on to them as the Embraer 170's left the fleet. The 318's will help to alleviate the loss of aircraft.
I Am A Different Animal!!

PlanesNTrains

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 47):
would have a conniption fit

I thought my mom was the only one who said that. Glad to see it make an appearance here.  
Quoting mariner (Reply 47):
I'd be looking at PVU-BOI once a day.

Hey, if it works...

-Dave
-Dave

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos