Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dublinspotter
Topic Author

BMI Regional ERJ-135/145

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi All

I have been on a.net and have tooken a fancy to trying to get on an ERJ.
I know that BD regional operate them on some routes to BFS and DUB but I realize that they are ending the service to Belfast with the ERJ's. So that leaves DUB. Is their any other airline in the UK that operate the ERJ to Northern Ireland or Dublin?

One question though:

I was looking at flights on the ERJ-145 Dublin route and all of them are sold out and the Airbus flights are half empty so why use them on the Dublin route?

Opinions always welcome.

P.S. Need answers soon!

Happy Flighting!!
Dublinspotter

mhodgson

RE: BMI Regional ERJ-135/145

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:59 pm

Luxair operate the ERJ flying LUX-DUB a few times a week, pretty pricey though.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

eicvd

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Quoting mhodgson (Reply 1):

Not long left to catch the Luxair ERJ, their ending Dub soon.
COYBIB

BrianDromey

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Quoting Dublinspotter (Thread starter):
I know that BD regional operate them on some routes to BFS and DUB but I realize that they are ending the service to Belfast with the ERJ's. So that leaves DUB. Is their any other airline in the UK that operate the ERJ to Northern Ireland or Dublin?

It would be BHD that BD operate into in Belfast.
To be honest, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to what BD schedule on their UK and Ireland routes. One day it can be scheduled as an ERJ, the next an A319/320/321, back to the ERJ but what turns up at the gate can be total pot-luck. Your best bet is probably at the weekends, particularly in Summer. BMI Regional's own routes tend to have reduced schedules at the weekends as they are mainly business centric routes, with less weekend demand. The airbuses tend to be on charter duty so the ERJ's fill in the domestic schedule.

gkirk

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Quoting mhodgson (Reply 1):

They used to do LUX-MAN-DUB-MAN-LUX on the E145 IIRC.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

tcasalert

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Why not hop over to MAN, EDI, or LBA on FR for 2p then you can take your pick of ERJ operators....

I did a similar thing a few years back with BD, went LBA-EDI-BRU-LBA and got on the 145 and the 135 - one of the most fun airliners I've flown on, really sporty little things!

[Edited 2011-08-24 11:52:18]
Next flight: Feb 2012 - BHX-CPH-BHX - SK MD87 / CRJ900

jamesontheroad

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 3):
To be honest, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to what BD schedule on their UK and Ireland routes. One day it can be scheduled as an ERJ, the next an A319/320/321, back to the ERJ but what turns up at the gate can be total pot-luck. Your best bet is probably at the weekends, particularly in Summer.

While I agree with BrianDromey that your best chances with BD are on summer weekends, it generally doesn't depend on what shows up at the gate. BMI "mainline" has a pretty busy summer charter schedule for the Airbus fleet, so if you see a scheduled BD flight listed on the booking engine at flybmi.com as an ERJ, it is very unlikely the flight will subsequently be swapped for a mainline a/c.

Ex-BHD, there are still a handful of ERJ operated flights on coming Saturdays. However, being smaller a/c, they fill up fast so cheaper fares may be hard to find. Hover your mouse over the flight number on the booking engine at flybmi.com to see operating a/c.

OA260

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 am

Quoting Dublinspotter (Thread starter):
I was looking at flights on the ERJ-145 Dublin route and all of them are sold out and the Airbus flights are half empty so why use them on the Dublin route?

BMI revenue management are a law unto themselves. Often there are still a few seats available and seats often open up at the gate as in my experience. Did the ERJ myself and was well worth it .

Flying BMI's Regional Executive Jet + Star Lounge (by OA260 Aug 20 2011 in Trip Reports)

I find Midweek afternoons the best to get seats.

BestWestern

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:36 am

Otherwise fly DUB - CDG and onto one of the many Air France regional destinations flown using the ERJ.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

mhodgson

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:29 am

Quoting bestwestern (Reply 8):
Otherwise fly DUB - CDG and onto one of the many Air France regional destinations flown using the ERJ.

Or DUB-MAN on FR/EI and a bmi regional flight from there. Some of the MAN-LHR shuttles are operated by the regional 145s as well, though these can change at fairly short notice.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos