Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Checo77
Topic Author

CSA Czech Airlines Continue To Fly To TLV!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:33 pm

Hello guys,

CSA Czech Airlines will continue flying the lucrative PRG-TLV-PRG flight.

The Czech Republic and Israel don´t have an open sky agreement, meaning only one carrier of each country can fly scheduled flights between the countries. This "license" is given for 5 years.

This year, OK´s license expired and the Czech Ministry of Transportation gave the license to the second biggest Czech airline, Travel Service. On the Israeli side, EL AL renewed the license without problems.
That was extremely bad news for OK though, since the route to TLV was very profitable, and loosing this route, in the time of crisis would be catastrophic.

Now, it was confirmed the Czech Republic and Israel changed their agreement and now allow TWO carriers of each country to fly scheduled routes between the countries. CSA will NOT discontinue their TLV flights!!!

The market between PRG and Israel is very lucrative, since for the Jewish, Prague is one of the most important European cities.

No news of a second Israeli carrier starting a route to Czech Republic as of now. Do you see maybe some coming?

This is great news for OK!

Adam

[Edited 2011-09-01 11:41:19]
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

PEET7G

RE: CSA Czech Airlines Continue To Fly To TLV!

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Very good news for OK indeed. I would have been amazed if they let this route slip from their route-map. TLV is traditionally very important and profitable route for the likes of OK, MA and OS bringing lots of O&D as well as connecting traffic.
Peet7G

WestJet747

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm willing to bet that IZ tries to scoop up that second spot to compete with LY. They are the only other Israeli airline with a fleet diverse enough to sustain short to mid-range route growth.
Flying refined.

reifel

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:15 am

I guess OK had very attractive fares to TLV for connecting passengers. I flew FRA-PRG-TLV once, and although I don't have exact numbers, it seems to me that there was a huge amount of transit passengers, especially from France.

Checo77
Topic Author

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Quoting reifel (Reply 3):
I guess OK had very attractive fares to TLV for connecting passengers. I flew FRA-PRG-TLV once, and although I don't have exact numbers, it seems to me that there was a huge amount of transit passengers, especially from France.

Yes, you are right! The flight to TLV leaves at midnight in order to accomodate all transit passangers. There were always lots of passangers from other European cities.
Hopefully the flight will generate some money to the wounded airline.

Adam

TeamintheSky

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Why would the government which (I thought at least) owns OK give the license for a profitable route to someone else?
Since 2010: DL, KL, AF, WX, IG, FR , FL, U2, AK, BA, OK, UX, VS, VN, K6, AT, US, AY, BE, EI, LG, AZ, 9W, SG, AA, JL, W6

zruda

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Quoting TeamInTheSky (Reply 5):

Because the government is not a bunch of nice people playing the game, following the rules, taking care of all the nation's good and fighting hard, no no. Instead its a couple of mafian boss shifting state money between each other, while we obeydant sheep just pay our taxes.
there is no coincidence

Checo77
Topic Author

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:34 pm

Quoting zruda (Reply 6):
Because the government is not a bunch of nice people playing the game, following the rules, taking care of all the nation's good and fighting hard, no no. Instead its a couple of mafian boss shifting state money between each other, while we obeydant sheep just pay our taxes.

Yes! Probably someone in Travel Service gave them more money than they would see from OK, or maybe Travel Service payed them a nice luxurious holiday in some fancy destination. It is normal here. But not only in the Czech Republic, but in Europe in general, with the exception of Scandinavia.

Adam

zruda

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Quoting Checo77 (Reply 7):

I think the connection is between the Travel Service president and the napoleonish figure of former Minister of Transportation with weird voice...
there is no coincidence

Luftymatt

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm glad, it's about time CSA had some good news  
chase the sun

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos