readytotaxi
Topic Author

Fun Takeoff In Bad Storm.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Unsure where or when but I really loved this take off, being a turbulance junkie, comments pls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9IhQxmt08U&feature=related

Wow!
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

solnabo

RE: Fun Takeoff In Bad Storm.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:36 pm

OMG!
How could they take off in that leathal storm/tyfoon , I would crap my pants and pray at the same time..

//Mike  Wow!      
Airbus SAS - Love them both

PI4EVER

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:43 pm

This video has been around for a couple years. Was filmed on board an Aeroflot 767 on takeoff from NRT if i remember correctly during a typhoon.
Obviously within the operating parameters for SU, but many would not have welcomed that ride. I would assume everyone was advised "we expect some bumps during our climbout due to weather in the area."
Barf.
watch what you want. you may get it.

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Quoting PI4EVER (Reply 3):

Thanks for the info, first time I have come across this video.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

eastern747

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Gee, guess I've been flying too long. Obviously you have never lived in s. florida, where storms are a norm. If conditions were that bad, I'm positive the airport would have been shut down. And, don't forget that the driver isn't going to risk his life either....let's just call it a looooonnnnggggg roll out.        

as739x

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Am I the only one that can think of the old Aeroflot and just imagine the pilots taking a few shots of Vodka and saying " Ah hell, this is nothing, let's go"!
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

cloudyapple

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 pm

This gets posted every other month. I can't remember how many threads we have on this now.

It's an Aeroflot B763 taking off from HKG.
A310/A319/20/21/A332/3/A343/6/A388/B732/5/7/8/B742/S/4/B752/B763/B772/3/W/E145/J41/MD11/83/90

SouthernDC9

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Is that a really long takeoff or does it just seem that way? This makes me think of Pan Am 759 in New Orleans.
What does AA/US merger mean for CLT/JFK/PHX/North America/Southern Hemisphere/God's Plan for the Universe

Jetmarc

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:26 am

First I've ever seen it. Geez. Did anyone else notice the speed brakes deployed? Outboard spoilers clearly up around :045 and all moving up and down on rotation (plus aileron) at :58. Wonder if that affected airspeed, was it intentional or high winds related to the storm...
"Sucka, I'm gonna send you out on Knuckle Airlines. Fist Class!!" ~ Mr. T

goboeing

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:30 am

Quoting jetMarc (Reply 8):

First I've ever seen it. Geez. Did anyone else notice the speed brakes deployed? Outboard spoilers clearly up around :045 and all moving up and down on rotation (plus aileron) at :58. Wonder if that affected airspeed, was it intentional or high winds related to the storm...

Normal.

At lower airspeeds, greater control deflection results in the upwind side spoiler panels to raise for controllability.

NZ107

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:33 am

Did anyone else notice the speed brakes deployed?

Yeah, I was about to comment on that too.. Maybe to keep the plane on the ground a little longer and pick up a bit of speed? What a crazy takeoff. I'm not too sure if I'd want to be on a takeoff like that!
It's all about the destination AND the journey.

Accidentally

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 am

The panels you're seeing come up to assist during heavy roll inputs. They're not acting as spoilers in the traditional sense, and not deployed as you're thinking nor used for reasons given in other posts (trying to keep it on the ground?).

I see typical crosswind takeoff technique but certainly one helluva roller coaster ride. I wish I had a seat!
Indianapolis, IN

SuseJ772

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:11 am

What I wonder is what airspeed you'd have to reach in order to gain enough for climb out. I have never seen this on any of my couple hundreds takeoffs in an airliner, so I am very curious as to this procedure. Would love for any pilots familar with this to explain a bit more. Is it "automatic" (via FBW), or does the pilot have to manually deploy it? Is the SOP to retract it as soon as it is airborne? How much extra speed do you need?

Quoting GoBoeing (Reply 9):
At lower airspeeds, greater control deflection results in the upwind side spoiler panels to raise for controllability.

But surely these would retracts at takeoff not? I can't imagine it gaining much lift with spoiler deployed.

Quoting Accidentally (Reply 11):
The panels you're seeing come up to assist during heavy roll inputs.

I am curious as to what roll inputs would be inputed at that time. I thought most inputs at the time of takeoff and landing were rudder inputs.
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

Cactus105

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:18 am

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 12):
I am curious as to what roll inputs would be inputed at that time. I thought most inputs at the time of takeoff and landing were rudder inputs.

Yes this is true most of the time, but in a situation that involves a crosswind, the yoke is turned into the wind. So in this case there was a crosswind from the left. The airplane wants to yaw left.. so to maintain directional control while right rudder is in you have to put in left aileron.
Wherever you go, there you are.

akhristov

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:53 am

Would love for any pilots familar with this to explain a bit more. Is it "automatic" (via FBW), or does the pilot have to manually deploy it? Is the SOP to retract it as soon as it is airborne? How much extra speed do you need?

A 767 doesn't have fly-by-wire. Like previously stated, it's just a deflection of the ailerons to counter crosswinds. Once the plane is airborne, you adjust the ailerons to stay level.

Here's a chart that's included in the manual of some (if not all) GA airplanes:

[Edited 2011-09-06 21:55:15]

asteriskceo

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 am

It was extremely careless of the flight crew to elect to depart in those conditions.

JBirdAV8r

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:41 am

In situations with a stiff crosswind, the wind is trying to blow you off the opposite side of the runway. This creates a side load on the landing gear and makes directional control difficult, especially as the aircraft gains speed.

What we do to counter that is hold the ailerons into the wind. In a nutshell, this causes less lift to be generated by the upwind wing and more lift to be generated by the downwind wing. This provides some "force" (called the "horizontal component of lift") that counters the "push" from the crosswind. As speed increases, we start to take out some of that aileron input as we start producing lots more lift and the relative wind changes more in line with the path of the airplane. Since the airplane will tend to act as a giant weathervane and the nose will tend to drift toward the direction from which the wind is coming, we counter it by applying rudder in the opposite direction.

An interesting fact is that in most transport-category airplanes we pretty much don't touch the rudders except for the takeoff roll and landing (and immediately prior to it). We do steer the airplane on the runway with the rudders; in most instances we have a limited amount of nosewheel steering in conjunction with our rudder inputs.

But surely these would retracts at takeoff not? I can't imagine it gaining much lift with spoiler deployed.

No, they do the same thing in the air as well. Even at full aileron deflection the spoilers aren't even close to their full "up" position. Another thing to remember, too, is that the spoilers are only up on the side where the aileron is "up" as well. In other words, in that situation the aileron and spoilers are providing exactly the same function. The only function of roll spoilers is to augment the capability of the ailerons.

Hope this makes a little bit of sense.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

mandala499

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:59 am

Stick into wind, opposite rudder... much like sideslipping...
But you're doing it on the runway (level wings).
Wing on the side where the wind was coming from wants to lift earlier... so, you put that side down (yoke/stick into the wind). Directional control is then done by the rudder.

Now why the speedbrakes? The 767 (and a heck of a lot of other airplanes), have roll-augmentation function in the spoilers. So, at low speeds and high yoke inputs, they will deploy in the same direction as the aileron on the side into the roll. This also reduces wing-bending when extreme inputs are required.

As long as the crosswind components are not exceeded, this would be OK... otherwise, the pilots want to be test pilots with pax on board.

The wind itself may be nuts, but again, as long as the crosswind component isn't exceeded.

Wonder if that affected airspeed, was it intentional or high winds related to the storm...

The guy driving just wants to keep the wings as level as possible as the aircraft lifts off... why up and down? Adjustments... because there's no longer a wheel to support that wing from an overdown force.

Does it affect the speed? Well, it's only deployed to one side, not both... Speedbrakes are designed to be effective when the engine isn't pushing the plane forward at take off thrust... so, let's just say "mild not severe effect".

Winds are not constant over the ground, and in the air, so there are also adjustments (can be large, as you may have noticed there)!.

Also bear in mind, that the windspeed can vary considerably... So, you want to go with the largest speed margin available. So, they probably did an improved climb take off... ie: delay the rotation to a higher speed, in order to get a sharper climb gradient at higher speed, and also get out of the low level turbulence faster.

Long roll? Yeaps!   
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

shnoob940

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:09 am

Despite the fact that I love flying, I still would have been crapping myself!

wjcandee

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 am

Quoting PI4EVER (Reply 2):
Obviously within the operating parameters for SU

If you do a little research about this incident, you will find that that is likely not true.

Quoting EASTERN747 (Reply 4):
If conditions were that bad, I'm positive the airport would have been shut down.

Technically speaking, airports don't usually "close" due to conditions. The operating specifications for airlines, however, will prohibit pilots from operating in certain conditions, and thus the airport is effectively "closed" to them by the company's rules. In US airline operations, a dispatcher is part of the team and has authority to "no go" the departure; accordingly, even if a pilot chooses to ignore the ops spec, the dispatcher should step in and cause a delay or cancellation of the flight. Here, on this Russian carrier, this wasn't done.

The zillion posts about this video suggest that no other carrier operated in these conditions that day.

Although we have had a number of threads about the video, it's always fun to give it another look...

Fly2HMO

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:21 am

Oh look, it's this video again. This is the umpteenth time a thread has been made on this video. The thread always goes this way:

1 OP starts thread
2 A few posters scream murder and probably faint when seeing it
3 Armchair pilots give totally incorrect and silly explanations on why the roll control spoilers get deployed, how this is incredibly dangerous, how the pilots should have been sent to jail or fired, etc etc etc
4 A handful of real pilots post legitimate explanations, give good insight
5 Armchair pilots start arguing with the real pilots, claiming its "unsafe and the spoilers shouldn't be up"
6 Pilots reiterate its ok
7 Armchair pilots start screaming murder along with everyone else
8 Real pilots give up and leave thread
9 Now everybody thinks the sensationalistic armchair pilots are right     

AirPacific747

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 am

Quoting Fly2HMO (Reply 20):
Oh look, it's this video again. This is the umpteenth time a thread has been made on this video. The thread always goes this way:

Okay, sorry. The next time a thread is started with something you have seen before, we make sure to close it again immediately.

CairnterriAIR

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 am

Just some polite input here....not to ruffle any feathers. Is it really necessary for people to get so upset over a post being put up that has been discussed before? A regular response to a person who obviously meant no harm seems to be a very sharp "do a forum search" or some thing along that line. Quite often many people do..at least I have...and the forum search comes up with nothing. Plus, many others may have different responses for the new thread that differs from the old. Not to make a stink, but it's rather annoying to click on a thread which reads under an interesting title only to see responses consisting of "we've discussed this before", or 'do a search", or a sarcastic response complete with little vomiting or head banging emoticons. I can understand a thread that is repeated within days of each other not being needed, but weeks, months, years???? Not everybody has the time to sit in front of the computer every day and read every thread...nor dig through a very deep forum search. Could the simple old internet rule of "If you don't like a post, don't read it, or move on to something else" be a better response? Thank you.

Clydenairways

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:04 pm

1 OP starts thread
3 Armchair pilots give totally incorrect and silly explanations on why the roll control spoilers get deployed, how this is incredibly dangerous, how the pilots should have been sent to jail or fired, etc etc etc
5 Armchair pilots start arguing with the real pilots, claiming its "unsafe and the spoilers shouldn't be up"

Well you can also say that about the majority of threads on A-Net.

Grid

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Quoting CairnterriAIR (Reply 22):
Just some polite input here....not to ruffle any feathers. Is it really necessary for people to get so upset over a post being put up that has been discussed before?

Some old-timers - those still using AOL dial-up - don't want to waste the few thousands of minutes remaining on their free accounts. You can usually identify them because they still use the now out-of-date internet lingo like IMHO, AKAIK, IIRC, OTOH, etc.

Plus, some people are worried about the internet running out of space.
ATR72 E120 E140 E170 E190 Q200 717 727 737 747 757 767 777 A319 A320 A321 A330 A340 MD11 MD82 MD83 MD88 MD90

AirPacific747

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Quoting clydenairways (Reply 23):
Well you can also say that about the majority of threads on A-Net.

Not everyone on this board is a professional pilot, and they should still be allowed to post their opinions. I can understand why people think certain things don't make sense to them, even though it might be obvious to real world pilots. Afterall, we have all been armchair pilots at one point in our lives  

AF1624

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 25):
Not everyone on this board is a professional pilot, and they should still be allowed to post their opinions.

No, they shouldn't. Because it's not a matter of opinion. It's about physics and facts, not opinions. It's not a debate.

This thing about everyone being able to voice their opinion on any and all matters is a bit ridiculous, no offense.

There's the true facts of physics and of how airplanes behave and of how certain things work, and then there's mistakes and erroneous explanations. Non-aviators are likely to give the latter. Not opinions. Just wrong, misleading stuff from people that think they know better when they actually don't.
Cheers

eldanno

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:22 pm

While I agree that double (and more) threads can be a small annoyance, keep in mind that new members may not have seen the thread before, older members (like me) don't read every last thread, and the search function (as I've seen someone eloquently state before) would have a hard time finding a set of tits and a Hooters convention.

We're all here because we share a common interest. Let's not run people off...

Now, the video. The real life passenger in me would have enjoyed being on that flight!

AirPacific747

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Quoting AF1624 (Reply 26):
No, they shouldn't. Because it's not a matter of opinion. It's about physics and facts, not opinions. It's not a debate

Relax. It all depends on the subject itself. You can't just generalize like that, but of course, if it is indeed about physics and facts, then you are right. Otherwise you're not.

Grid

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Quoting AF1624 (Reply 26):
No, they shouldn't. Because it's not a matter of opinion. It's about physics and facts, not opinions. It's not a debate.

This thing about everyone being able to voice their opinion on any and all matters is a bit ridiculous, no offense.

Then maybe you should be the first person banned here because you just expressed an opinion. I guess I can be the second.
ATR72 E120 E140 E170 E190 Q200 717 727 737 747 757 767 777 A319 A320 A321 A330 A340 MD11 MD82 MD83 MD88 MD90

SuseJ772

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Quoting akhristov (Reply 14):
Here's a chart that's included in the manual of some (if not all) GA airplanes:

Ahh of course. I freely admit I am not the greatest at remembering this when I fly the 172s, but I usually fly out of PDK and we have runways in all directions and there isn't usually much crosswind even on really windy days    - thanks for the reminder

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 16):
An interesting fact is that in most transport-category airplanes we pretty much don't touch the rudders except for the takeoff roll and landing (and immediately prior to it).

I knew the rudder wasn't used much in flight, but are you saying you don't use the rudder to line up with the runway?

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 16):
Hope this makes a little bit of sense.

It does. That was very helpful.

Quoting mandala499 (Reply 17):
The 767 (and a heck of a lot of other airplanes), have roll-augmentation function in the spoilers

Is this automatic or is someone manually pulling the spoiler lever on on side?

1 OP starts thread

Respectfully the only problem with what you have said above is that I haven't really seen any body argue with the "real pilots" in this thread.
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

AF1624

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 28):
Relax. It all depends on the subject itself. You can't just generalize like that, but of course, if it is indeed about physics and facts, then you are right. Otherwise you're not.

I'm totally relaxed I'm sorry if it didn't seem that way (my phrasing was indeed a little harsh, sorry 'bout that).

In this case, it is indeed about physics and facts, my point was directly related to this precise video.
Cheers

Clydenairways

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 28):

Yes but a lot of the time there are a lot more people on here with an "opinion" on something they are not knowledgable about than the ones who are.
Result is that the person with the correct information or explanation is outnumbered my the mob.
Then, people who come on to this forum to find out information and want to learn end up picking up A-Net myths and incorrect facts.

JHCRJ700

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:19 pm

I think all you arm chair pilots should keep your comments to yourselves. It may have been a rough take off but it wasn't careless. The plane was within it's operating norms and I'm sure the pilots spoke to someone at the airline about the conditions before electing to take off.
Keep close to Nature’s heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.

pylon101

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:48 pm

I think it's a good video. I keep this link.
And if someone is annoyed - why not to give the link to a previous discussion?
Because it's not easy no navigate it.
I am on EK 231/232. The rest is just jet lag.

akhristov

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 30):

Yes and no. From what I know, there's no way of deploying speed brakes on just one wing ("pulling the spoiler lever"). So it is automatic in the sense that when the yoke is turned towards one side at a certain speed, the spoilers are going to help the ailerons in making the plane bank.

Think of when the plane is taxiing towards the runway and you see the ailerons and spoilers move on the wing. One of the pilots is simply moving the yoke side to side, nothing more.

Mir

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 30):
Quoting mandala499 (Reply 17):
The 767 (and a heck of a lot of other airplanes), have roll-augmentation function in the spoilers

It's automatic, driven by the amount that the yoke is turned. There's only one spoiler lever, and it controls both spoilers. The yoke-driven deployment will override the spoiler lever (so if you had the spoilers deployed and you needed to use a lot of aileron, the spoilers on one of the wings would go down).

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

MD88Captain

Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Roll augmentation is automatic. Think of roll augmentation, ground spoilers and flight spoilers as 3 separate systems using the same spoiler panels in different ways.

Generally, roll sugmentation uses spoiler panels to augment ailerons when the ailerons reach a certain measure of deflection. For example more than 10 degrees of right aileron might kick in a touch of right spoiler to help the plane turn. 20 degrees will bring in more spoiler or even additional spoiler panels. It's all invisible to the pilots up front.

Some aircraft have been designed w/o ailerons and turn based only on spolier deflection (Grumman A-6).

Grid

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Quoting JHCRJ700 (Reply 33):
I think all you arm chair pilots should keep your comments to yourselves. It may have been a rough take off but it wasn't careless. The plane was within it's operating norms and I'm sure the pilots spoke to someone at the airline about the conditions before electing to take off.

Credentials please and please substantiate:
1) The take off was not careless.
2) The plane was within its operating norms.
3) The pilots spoke to someone at the airline about the conditions prior to taking off.

See how arduous and un-fun it can be?

nhgrafx

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Nice video, this reminds me of when I was flying into BOS several years ago on US in a blizzard with heavy turbulence on final which shut down the airport shortly after.
Is it weird I have a RemoveBeforeFlight pitot cover on my car rear view mirror?

Geezer

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 pm

CairnterriAIR Reply 22

Thank you sir ! Very good of you to say what I was thinking...................

Quoting Grid (Reply 24):
Some old-timers - those still using AOL dial-up - don't want to waste the few thousands of minutes remaining on their free accounts. You can usually identify them because they still use the now out-of-date internet lingo like IMHO, AKAIK, IIRC, OTOH, etc.

Ah ha ! Thank you Grid ! You just reminded me........although I suppose I am an "old timer", ( agewise, not time on A.net ) I have never been on AOL; as a result, I often see all of these "out of date, internet lingo like phrases", (even occasionally use the "IMHO"), (or just IMO), and I have always wondered if there is an online "reference source" where all of this is "interpreted" for all us "not so cool old cats" ?

As long as I'm at it, I have another question, regarding all of the little "country flags" by member's names..........do all of these folks really live in these places ? Last time I was in Greenland (and the only time), was about 1953, and I didn't even see any houses there ! Then some people don't even have a flag........surely this doesn't mean they are "homeless"?
(Just wonderin)

Charley
Stupidity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; Albert Einstein

nhgrafx

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Quoting Geezer (Reply 40):
As long as I'm at it, I have another question, regarding all of the little "country flags" by member's names..........do all of these folks really live in these places ? Last time I was in Greenland (and the only time), was about 1953, and I didn't even see any houses there ! Then some people don't even have a flag........surely this doesn't mean they are "homeless"?
(Just wonderin)

I believe those display based on your IP. Some people use proxy servers for various reasons, some in countries other than their residence, so it would show the flag for that country. I know a few people in Greenland though.
Is it weird I have a RemoveBeforeFlight pitot cover on my car rear view mirror?

Grid

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Quoting Geezer (Reply 40):
Ah ha ! Thank you Grid ! You just reminded me........although I suppose I am an "old timer", ( agewise, not time on A.net ) I have never been on AOL; as a result, I often see all of these "out of date, internet lingo like phrases", (even occasionally use the "IMHO"), (or just IMO), and I have always wondered if there is an online "reference source" where all of this is "interpreted" for all us "not so cool old cats" ?

No, you're cool. If you use "cat" to describe people, that's about it as hip as it gets.

pylon101

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Quoting Grid (Reply 24):
out-of-date internet lingo like IMHO, AKAIK, IIRC, OTOH, etc.

I am wondering what is up-to-date lingo, if any?
I use IMHO-IMO - but I see that my U.S. clients never do.
Interesting. Please educate me. I am serious!
I am on EK 231/232. The rest is just jet lag.

Grid

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Quoting pylon101 (Reply 43):

I am wondering what is up-to-date lingo, if any?
I use IMHO-IMO - but I see that my U.S. clients never do.
Interesting. Please educate me. I am serious!

I don't see many young people using any lingo. On internet boards, a lot of memes, terrible grammar, all lower-case letters etc. but not AFAIK etc.

SouthernDC9

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:01 pm

OMG this thread has gone so off topic!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Seriously is the takeoff roll in this video much longer than usual or does it just seem that way? I haven't flown on a widebody in quite some time so I don't have a good comparison.
What does AA/US merger mean for CLT/JFK/PHX/North America/Southern Hemisphere/God's Plan for the Universe

einsteinboricua

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Quoting nhgrafx (Reply 41):
I believe those display based on your IP.

Nope. It's the country you chose in your profile. Mine says Puerto Rico because I chose it on my profile. I was in Seattle this summer and my flag NEVER changed to the US flag.

Quoting SouthernDC9 (Reply 45):
Seriously is the takeoff roll in this video much longer than usual or does it just seem that way? I haven't flown on a widebody in quite some time so I don't have a good comparison.

Take into account a "slight" headwind. 
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

F9Animal

Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Wow, came across this video while watching the storm takeoff! Made my stomach sink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfPr_gZzHRw&feature=related
I Am A Different Animal!!

delta2ual

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:31 pm

Not everybody has the time to sit in front of the computer every day and read every thread..

Apparently some people do. I'd love to know if these people just don't work, or have access to computers at work. It seems some threads have the same people on every one. Amazing when you see people with posts in the thousands. I've had 118 posts in 4 years!

[Edited 2011-09-07 16:31:53]
From the world's largest airline-to the world's largest airline. Delta2ual

jc2354

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:27 am

Thank you! Thank you! and, thank you!
If not now, then when?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos