Topic Author

UA Battleship Grey > New UA In 2 Minutes

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:21 pm

A triple seven gets the new livery on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI20wEUlmNw

as739x

RE: UA Battleship Grey > New UA In 2 Minutes

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Always fun to watch! Saw another 777 head down to VCV from SFO Wednesday. And looks like a 757 down there as well as of yesterday.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/U...8/history/20110927/0400Z/KSFO/KVCV

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL9957
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

planenutz

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:44 pm

How long does this process take in real time? Look squite complicated.
Not all who wander are lost....

spacecadet

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:52 pm

It looked like they just painted right over the old colors on the tail?? (Not the rudder.) Did I see that right? Is that a normal procedure?

Also, I'm always amazed that the entire hangar they do this in isn't splattered with paint. I see them hanging strips of tarp up directly over the plane but the spray is just going everywhere.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

radicaldudejom

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 pm

Nice video. Shame they felt the need to murder that song. Gershwin must be rolling in his grave. For once can we have an aviation video without electronic infused music?
Sometimes, your cards aren't worth a dime, if you don't lay them down.

malaysia

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Quoting spacecadet (Reply 3):
Also, I'm always amazed that the entire hangar they do this in isn't splattered with paint. I see them hanging strips of tarp up directly over the plane but the spray is just going everywhere.

I think maybe they use a huge fan and vacuum system of some kind to suck all the paint dust away and clear out the fumes?

I also am not so sure Id want to be an aircraft painter, even they got protection, but I got way too many headaches even painting airplane models in a well ventilated area in the past with a dust mask.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

yeogeo
Topic Author

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 am

Quoting RadicalDudeJOM (Reply 4):
Nice video. Shame they felt the need to murder that song.

That's what the mute button is for  

yeo

einsteinboricua

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:52 am

Can someone please post about the procedure? Like going step by step? Obviously the final coat is the paint, but what about the first parts?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

SEA

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:13 am

Quoting malaysia (Reply 5):

Correct. My grandfather owns his own paintshop for boats and has to have (by law) quite powerful ventilation systems and ways to disperse the fumes. And these guys have the highest-quality face masks and protection on. They won't smell a thing  

7673mech

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:38 am

Typically:

Cover windows and wrap tires.
Wings, engine cowls, flaps, spoilers get sanded.
The plane gets stripped, usually several coats.
Then rinsed/washed.
Then the tail was sanded.
Then the aircraft is primed. (Yellowish green).
Then the aircraft is painted - this one is fairly simple.
More complex ones - they get painted in layers. So if there are three colors on tail first blue then yellow then white.
Then the stencil work is done.
Windows cleaned - and pushed out.

Quoting spacecadet (Reply 3):
It looked like they just painted right over the old colors on the tail?? (Not the rudder.) Did I see that right? Is that a normal procedure?

It is on composite material. It only gets sanded. The rudder was not removed - so the balance calculations were made. It didn't appear like any weight need to be added - the next paint job they probably will have to remove it - scuff it down and then re-balance.

N243NW

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:12 am

Quoting RadicalDudeJOM (Reply 4):
Shame they felt the need to murder that song.

Shame they felt the need to murder that livery 

Oh well, always a neat process nonetheless. I was also surprised about them just painting over the rudder. Maybe it's a different process because it's composite?

Also, is that a special radar-transmissive black paint that they apply to the radome before repainting it?
B-52s don't take off. They scare the ground away.

7673mech

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:43 am

Yes it's a special paint - some airlines don't use the paint but rather put a protective boot on before painting (the boot is bonded on).

Quoting N243NW (Reply 10):
Maybe it's a different process because it's composite?

Because it's composite it can only be sanded.
It is only painted because it is a balanced surface. There is a data plate that records weight and arm info.
There is a formula that takes into account data plate info, amount of paint added and then you get a new datum.
So long as you fall in your OK - otherwise you have to add or remove weights. If that doesn't work the rudder gets removed and sanded and balanced on the bench.

Rbgso

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Like any quality paint job, the real work is in the prep. The actual painting goes pretty quick, and is pretty easy, comparatively speaking. 80% of the time is spent stripping, performing minor surface repairs, sanding, and masking. Dirty work indeed, but mergers are making these outside paint shops rich.

delta2ual

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 pm

I'm really hoping after the dust settles (say 2-3 years) that they go back and put some sort of "U" on the tails of our aircraft. When I look at these planes, even though they say "United"-I only see "Continental".
From the world's largest airline-to the world's largest airline. Delta2ual

SRT75

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Quoting delta2ual (Reply 13):
I'm really hoping after the dust settles (say 2-3 years) that they go back and put some sort of "U" on the tails of our aircraft. When I look at these planes, even though they say "United"-I only see "Continental

They aren't even flying on the same certificate yet and you're already asking for the "retro" or "throwback" special liveries! :P

I do hope the tulip survives in some form.

Mir

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Shame they felt the need to murder that livery.

Something about Rhapsody in Blue just doesn't fit in with Continental.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

kgaiflyer

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm really hoping after the dust settles (say 2-3 years) that they go back and put some sort of "U" on the tails of our aircraft. When I look at these planes, even though they say "United"-I only see "Continental".

So, what difference does it make?

I'm a United 1-K -- and I got to 1-K status by using every possible useage point (CO, COEx, UA, UAX, OO flights carrying CO/UA codeshares, and Star Alliance Partners). Otherwise -- I sit in my seat and simply keep my loyalty in my heart.

United knows I'm loyal by checking their cash register (Is there another way?   )

[Edited 2011-09-30 07:44:51]

sfotraveler

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:54 pm

I sure like the before picture better. 70+ years of brand equity down the drain. I agree that the rhapsody in blue soundtrack does not fit with the new/old Continental look they are slapping on the company. Just seems off.

Avi8r747

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:56 pm

It always amazes me how sophisticated, large, and heavy these aircraft are and yet something as basic as a coat of paint can create such consiquences in terms of balance.

I just cant get used to this scheme, hopefully in time something reflecting the tulip returns...

UAL777UK

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:16 pm

Nothing will change in the next 2 -3 years lets be honest, however in say 10 years or thereabout i suspect we will be seeing a completely new livery. I think they could have been more creatinve with the "new" livery but its growing on me.....slowly!

CALTECH

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:31 pm

They keep getting the name wrong. Shame on them butchering that Continental Livery. At least another horrid battleship grey bites the dust.
You are here.

sulley

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:40 pm

The tulip/shield has been relegated to history, just like the Continental name.

I liked the shades of blue livery, but battleship did not age well whatsoever.

The globe shall now be seen on every corner of the planet - truly fitting for the world's largest "global" carrier  
In thrust we trust!

ikramerica

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:53 pm

The livery was murdered when it was conceived. Battleship gray was one of the worst liveries ever put on a modern airliner.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

IAHFLYR

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 20):
They keep getting the name wrong. Shame on them butchering that Continental Livery. At least another horrid battleship grey bites the dust.

Why do they keep putting graffiti on the Continental paint scheme?

Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

delta2ual

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Quoting kgaiflyer (Reply 16):
So, what difference does it make?

It makes no difference to anyone but me-it's my opinion. I don't see UNITED when I see a UA airplane. I see Continental. I worked (furloughed) for UNITED, not Continental. That's all I'm sayin'.

kfitz

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:10 pm

I think we all know the livery is a disaster, created by one overzealous lawyer behind closed doors, who thought he was doing the right thing, but didn't feel it fit to let the marketing professionals do their job. Keep a name because its so well known across the world, but undermine the brand by pulling the rug out from under the identifieable branding image that customers associated with United - if that doesn't make logical sense its because it doesn't.

As a result, you have a tepid, uninspired, anomynous, bland early 90s throwback to replace a livery from 2005. The truth is, CO always had an awful brand, with terrible (if effective) PR activities from Kaplan Tahler, a ho hum livery, and terrible in house jingle. Compared to what UA doing, it was like night and day - one was the most highly regarded in the worldwide industry and won awards while the other one was just painful to watch.

Its a disgrace, and just because we've hit a point of no return, doesn't mean we can't continue to vent our frustration with this asinine move. The new branding is hardly benefitting of "the worlds premier airline", or whatever talking point Smisek's throwing out there in the public sphere this week. I can't imagine anybody from Pmua who's stuck around who really believes when they go to bed at night that this new hodgepodge trainwreck Frankenstein brand is somehow superior to the old United brand. They know, just like the hardest and deepest CO fans, that UA had a better brand, one that was far more befitting of the world's #1 carrier. Keeping the globe is a bone thrown to the CO side as a constellation prize for loosing their name. its just unfortunate its an inferior brand.

jpyvr

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Quoting kfitz (Reply 25):
They know, just like the hardest and deepest CO fans, that UA had a better brand,

I'm not even a "hard and deep" CO fan, but I can tell you from personal experience and from countless conversations with many other travelers that perhaps UA had a better brand up to the late 90s or early 2000s, but since then that hasn't been the case. For the last six or seven years, unfortunately, the once-great UA brand was severely tarnished by poor customer service, a dated and not-well-looked-after fleet, and a number of other factors.

I agree that the CO livery isn't the best in the world, but I'm quite happy to wave good-bye to the tulip.

Just my two cents worth.

kiwiandrew

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I think we all know the livery is a disaster,

No, we don't all 'know' that. I really wish people would admit to their opinions being just that, an opinion, rather than some scientifically proven fact.

It is your opinion that this livery is a disaster, it is my opinion that it is great. Neither is right or wrong because opinions are subjective.

I freely admit that some people will disagree with me and that is fine, because my opinion is my own, I don't need to claim that everyone else in the world shares it.

Anyway, regardless of what an individual's opinion on the livery may be it is a fascinating video of a process few of us will ever get to see close up.

ikramerica

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 27):
No, we don't all 'know' that. I really wish people would admit to their opinions being just that, an opinion, rather than some scientifically proven fact.

So true. While I don't love it, battleship gray was not the answer. I would have preferred a hybrid with the blue bottom of the latest UA livery, with a blue and a silver cheat line, then the CO tail. Would have looked sharper than the warm gray bottom of the CO, I mean UA, livery.

There were some mockups with a blue bottom, and it was stunning.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

CALTECH

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:45 am

In my opinion, the Continental Livery is great, the name is a disaster.

Well, I worked for Continental, never was furloughed from Continental Airlines.Soon I will work for United, already do in a way, their airplanes need a lot of attention.

Battleship Gray livery has got to go, too many bad images and memories.

The latest 2005 livery, too many bad associations and looks too much like that great airline Ted.

Instead of bringing back that tulip looking U, hopefully they will bring back the Continental name and stop the desecration of our fuselages.
You are here.

mpsrent

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:59 am

We all are entitled to our own opinion but that is one ugly finished product.

kfitz

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:28 am

Quoting jpyvr (Reply 26):
I'm not even a "hard and deep" CO fan, but I can tell you from personal experience and from countless conversations with many other travelers that perhaps UA had a better brand up to the late 90s or early 2000s, but since then that hasn't been the case. For the last six or seven years, unfortunately, the once-great UA brand was severely tarnished by poor customer service, a dated and not-well-looked-after fleet, and a number of other factors.

I agree that the CO livery isn't the best in the world, but I'm quite happy to wave good-bye to the tulip.

Just my two cents worth.

While the CO employees and fans of A.net have sung this song for many years dating back to UA's Ch. 11 days with their usual statements that the UA name would invariably disappear in a merger, this logic was completely repudiated the day the combined entity stated that that supposed "once-great, severely tarnished, dated, not-well-looked-after" was RETAINED over the presumably "glorious" CO brand. Why would the combined carrier keep a "tarnished" brand name that some obviously have sworn for years is a major liability for UA? That argument is nonsensicle and doesn't stand up to reality.

Per CO's own CEO Smisek, the Continental name was more known for "tires" across the world than it was for an airline. If that doesn't put an end to this line of reasoning, I'm not sure what will. UA was the "far more well known" brand across the world, per Mr. Smisek once again. To choose a name because of it's superior global name recognition, but then essentially dilute it entirely by taking away it's iconic double U/Tullip logo, the foundation of how consumers associated with that "more well known" brand, doesn't make logical sense. Any branding professional you speak to laments this decision simply didn't make sense from a pure branding standpoint. From a standpoint of appeasing to the broken hearts on one side of the tent, perhaps. And just so we are clear, my view of this matter comes after extensive discussion with professors from UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business. Peter Wilton is a Global Services member, having flown between the west coast and SYD enough over the last few decades to earn him the rank as UA's #6 lifetime mile flyer worldwide.

http://www2.haas.berkeley.edu/faculty/wilton_peter.aspx
http://www2.haas.berkeley.edu/faculty/aaker_david.aspx

Quoting ikramerica (Reply 28):
While I don't love it, battleship gray was not the answer. I would have preferred a hybrid with the blue bottom of the latest UA livery, with a blue and a silver cheat line, then the CO tail. Would have looked sharper than the warm gray bottom of the CO, I mean UA, livery.

There were some mockups with a blue bottom, and it was stunning.

I couldn't agree more! The mockups with the blue belly really transformed the livery. What I would have liked in a perfect world was PMUA's previous shades of blue, but with all engines colored white - looked very elegant!

Quoting kiwiandrew:

It is your opinion that this livery is a disaster, it is my opinion that it is great. Neither is right or wrong because opinions are subjective.

I freely admit that some people will disagree with me and that is fine, because my opinion is my own, I don't need to claim that everyone else in the world shares it.

Please point to where I claimed anything I have said is anything more than "my opinion"; I mean, look who's saying it; I think that's painfully obvious. I don't think anybody should be required to preface their posts with "in my opinion"; it's up to the reader to decide that.

With that said, all opinions are not necessarily created equally. I obviously believe mine are the right ones, but that doesn't mean I don't respect your or anyone else's right to present their own viewpoints. I do find it ammusing the amount of hate mail and other vindictive, angry responses I seem to get in my wake of simply, stating my opinion.

[Edited 2011-09-30 19:30:33]

[Edited 2011-09-30 19:45:39]

CALTECH

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:31 am

A really bad finished product is the following. What were they thinking ? Did they have a firesale on that blue? paint ? The Canadian red Maple leaf is the only redeeming thing on that bizarre livery.

Too bad they did not add this to the new United tails, now that would be a rhapsody in blue.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/CALTECHphoto/Continental-United-04.png

Like we say from right to left, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/CALTECHphoto/TGBU.jpg
You are here.

kiwiandrew

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:38 am

Quoting kfitz (Reply 31):
Please point to where I claimed anything I have said is anything more than "my opinion"

Sure thing, I was pointing right here...

I think we all know the livery is a disaster

where you added in three unnecessary and factually incorrect words. the phrase would have read perfectly fine as

"I think the livery is a disaster"

kfitz

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:42 am

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 33):
where you added in three unnecessary and factually incorrect words. the phrase would have read perfectly fine as

"I think the livery is a disaster"

Unfortunately for your logic, what I said was inherently my opinion - I wrote it!

I'm not going to preface everything I write with "I think", "in my opinion", because besides being a waste of time, it's unnecessary. If you don't like what I have to say, why not dispute the actual statement, not how you perceive it to have been said?

[Edited 2011-09-30 19:46:25]

flight152

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:52 am

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 32):

I think cookie monster first came across that photo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MifmLeNxTQ

sulley

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:51 am

It's a shame that this is still going on. Oh well. In other news, they're removing the last pieces of Continental signage at IAH tonight.
In thrust we trust!

captainstefan

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 am

I think it's odd that they in no way recognized the fact that UNITED stemmed from 4 airlines, hence the 4 bars in the Tulip and the 4 stars on N475UA's throwback livery... how hard would it have been to put a 5th stem in the Tulip or something similar? The airline is appropriately named still, but the branding makes little sense.... I feel as though we are beating the dead horse for the 7th time.

I am always mesmerized by these time-lapses, part of my motivation to get GoPro  
Long Live the Tulip!

delta2ual

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 am

Quoting captainstefan (Reply 37):
I feel as though we are beating the dead horse for the 7th time.

And I think I'm the one that started it again-for this, I apologize. Look, I have many friends from CO who are very proud of their accomplishments (and so they should be). I just think it's going to take me a little bit longer than some to actually "see" UNITED when I look at these planes. To me, it's CO through and through. Regardless, my personal favorites will always be the 1970's DL, and any AA aircraft. I just love the clean look of those silver AA birds.  

IAHFLYR

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Quoting Sulley (Reply 36):
In other news, they're removing the last pieces of Continental signage at IAH tonight.

Those bas....turds!! Will be a sad walk through Terminal C/E next week as I board my CO flight. At least there are a few 800's left with Continental still on them.

Anyone know what will happen to Ship 436, the 900ER? Will they keep the CO livery on that aircraft at least?
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

5MillionMiler

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:42 pm

I am always amazed to watch those videos -- they make it look so easy!

How they wrap and stencil is incredible.

A new shiny plane looks so good -- especially a nice shiny 777!

CALTECH

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Quoting delta2ual (Reply 38):
Regardless, my personal favorites will always be the 1970's DL

IMO, the all time best Delta livery.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Andrew Matusiak

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 39):
At least there are a few 800's left with Continental still on them.

The end is near. Not many left that haven't been desecrated.

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 39):
Anyone know what will happen to Ship 436, the 900ER? Will they keep the CO livery on that aircraft at least?

For now, it will stay. Do not see anything planned for her yet.

Quoting 5MillionMiler (Reply 40):
A new shiny plane looks so good -- especially a nice shiny 777!

How about a nice shiny 787?

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/CALTECHphoto/bilde.jpg
You are here.

VC10er

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Opinions are opinions and people are entitled to them. But liveries aren't art. They are a form of business communications and perform a function towards a brand image. Also, to reduce the "opinion factor" and qualify a design in a way like an Oscar represents a group of expert evaluations, design too is evaluated and awards given by groups of real experts in graphic design as to put a framework in place to be objective vs subjective (naturally no one can eliminate "subjective opinion". There are also very advanced forms of research methodologies from qualitative where we DO elict "subjective" opinions, "quatitiative" where there are many different kinds of information we can get on a very large, even global sample size and more even scientific ways to watch eyes, facial expressions and now even some studies linked to the brain. With all that, nothing beats a Saul Bass, Walter Landor or Paula Scher of Pentagram...Design Experts. (Pentagran= UA shades of blue) Magnificent from the vertical stabilizer to the First Class menus. Destroyed by the graphic eye sore we see now in ads, back wall signs and way finding signs.

That said the United U symbol is a highly awarded and highly respected piece of design by the most respected people in the industry. As an Executive Creative Director at Landor at Landor for 20 years, knowing the finest designers in the world...I agree. Watching the flying U being painted over by the bad idea and bad/dated execution of the CO globe was painful in this video. The agency who did "shades" as photoshopped beautifully on the 787 above was a breathtaking livery done by Pentagram (a nemesis of Landor) and I tip my hat to them. What a spectacular and genus way to update the Saul Bass U.

We have discussed this like crazy, the U is gone and now I want the venerable UNITED fly high, make money and hire tens of thousands of the unemployed - a much more serious issue.

But, I wil
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

United1

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 41):
How about a nice shiny 787?

Can we say shiny when it comes to CRF? Maybe instead non-yellowed plastic 787  
Quoting CALTECH (Reply 32):

....funny I say that from left to right.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

VC10er

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Opinions are opinions and people are entitled to them. But liveries aren't art. They are a form of business communications and perform a function towards a brand image. Also, to reduce the "opinion factor" and qualify a design in a way like an Oscar represents a group of expert evaluations, design too is evaluated and awards given by groups of real experts in graphic design as to put a framework in place to be objective vs subjective (can eliminate "subjective opinion". There are also very advanced forms of research methodologies from qualitative where we DO elict "subjective" opinions, "quatitiative" where there are many different kinds of information we can get on a very large, even global sample size and more even scientific ways to watch eyes, facial expressions and now even some studies linked to the brain. With all that, nothing beats a Saul Bass, Walter Landor or Paula Scher of Pentagram...Design Experts. (Pentagran= UA shades of blue) Magnificent from the vertical stabilizer to the First Class menus. Destroyed by the graphic eye sore we see now in ads, back wall signs and way finding signs.That said the United U symbol is a highly awarded and highly respected piece of design by the most respected people in the industry. As an Executive Creative Director at Landor at Landor for 20 years, knowing the finest designers in the world...I agree. Watching the flying U being painted over by the bad idea and bad/dated execution of the CO globe was painful in this video. The agency who did "shades" as photoshopped beautifully on the 787 above was a breathtaking livery done by Pentagram (a nemesis of Landor) and I tip my hat to them. What a spectacular and genus way to update the Saul Bass U.

We have discussed this like crazy, the U is gone and now I want the venerable UNITED fly high, make money and create tens of thousands of jobs for the unemployed (with benefits) a much more serious issue.

But, I will forever miss the U as I do Pan Am (the first and last globe)
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

Ned Kelly

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:51 pm

I actually prefer the continental livery over the United. It's the font that don't look right to me. I think they should have changed the font, perhaps smaller lettering and more spaced out like say ' U N I T E D' or with 'A I R L I N E S' added.
Just my 2 cents worth.

kgaiflyer

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Quoting VC10er (Reply 44):
I will forever miss the U as I do Pan Am (the first and last globe)

And there are dozens of model-makers who make remembering possible.

Ask any model train hobbyist who rues the fact that Conrail, CSX, Norfolk Southern, and BNSF replaced the "Wabash", the "Soo Line", the "Illinois Central", and the "Denver, Rio Grande, and Western"-- some names going back to the 1850's.

Here at A.net, it sounds like a few will complete their lifespans and never accept the CO-UA merger. For them I'm sure model makers are busy fabricating kits with "Meatballs", "Mainliners", and "Friendships."   

delta2ual

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 41):
IMO, the all time best Delta livery.

Love it!!

CALTECH

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Quoting United1 (Reply 43):
Can we say shiny when it comes to CRF? Maybe instead non-yellowed plastic 787

Well, it will be shiny new paint on top of the plastic.

Quoting United1 (Reply 43):
....funny I say that from left to right.

In my world, The Bad and The Ugly are going away leaving only The Good.

You are here.

777way

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Seems like alot of waste of time and resources, penny pichers in the industry must cringe seeing this, also makes one think are temporary special liveries worth it?

BTW I love liveries.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos