Topic Author

Delta To Give All Ground Employees Raises In '12

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:30 am

Just out , with details to follow. Sounds like july '12
Didn't even need a union for it.

OOer

RE: Delta To Give All Ground Employees Raises In '12

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:59 am

They're actually not raises until the previous wage rates have been reached. More partial pay restorations. Delta won the closest election 50.8% to 49.2%. This is a calculated move. Anything less than a 5% increase will be a smack in the face.

cokepopper
Topic Author

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:11 am

And here many on here thought you moved on to employment where you would actually be happy or have
Been OWS.

This is just Delta being Delta. They have always done right by their F/A's.
And for those who think they our hourly wage will come back to $62 an hour,
Then they are stuck in the past , Living in a time when oil was $40 a barrel.
Lets move forward!

FlyASAGuy2005

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:13 am

That's great news but where did you see it? I can't find the info anywhere.
What gets measured gets done.

cokepopper
Topic Author

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:17 am

Right from Richard call tonight

FlyASAGuy2005

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:21 am

He said US domestic employees so is that everyone including F/As right?

cokepopper
Topic Author

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 am

Thanks, title should change from ground to domestic.

Ih8b6

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:10 am

Quoting ooer (Reply 1):
They're actually not raises until the previous wage rates have been reached. More partial pay restorations. Delta won the closest election 50.8% to 49.2%. This is a calculated move. Anything less than a 5% increase will be a smack in the face.

LOL...wow, it only took one reply for something negative to be said. Geez. I would have thought it would have been post 9 or 10 before something like this came up.

OOer - if DL tried to do this 9 months ago they would have been interfering with the upcoming votes. If Delta did this 3 months ago they would have made PMNW folks mad because they were still under contract. They did it as soon as they could. When would it have been appropriate in your eyes? Just wondering.

Smack in the face or not - something is better than nothing. A lot of people in a lot of industries across the country aren't getting paid what they used to get paid. How long is it a "restoration" before it's a raise? Is it a pay restoration to the two year employee?

No matter how much it seems to disappoint you, it's a raise. I could go on but I'd probably finally be banned.
Over-moderation sucks

OOer

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:19 am

Quoting ih8b6 (Reply 7):
No matter how much it seems to disappoint you, it's a raise.

I disagree. When taking into consideration inflation, wages today for Delta flight attendants are about 30-40% below what they were in the late 90s.

Delta has made how much in profits over the past 3 years?

My point exactly...

goboeing

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:40 am

If it isn't about +3% a year every year, it's a paycut. For any worker in any industry.

Ih8b6

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:55 am

Quoting ooer (Reply 8):
I disagree. When taking into consideration inflation, wages today for Delta flight attendants are about 30-40% below what they were in the late 90s.

I think your figures are a little inflated. Sorry to say but Delta, or any company, isn't in it to make a profit for it's employees, but for it's shareholders. Delta pay is still good compared to industry. How much help is/was a union to anyone at American? They have a tough road ahead. What about the double-speak by Southwest this week about tightening belts and sacrifices ahead? The writing is on the wall there. Delta is a good place to be for someone working in the airline industry. In a country with such high unemployment you would think people would be (and probably are) appreciative to have a raise, or pay restoration, or whatever you chose to term it. And so what if it's "calculated"? Most pro-union people are going to call it that but what else are they to do - never give raises? Sure it's "calculated": Keep the staff happy, above industry average, good work rules, positive attitude, and there's no need for a union. The constant threat of a union is one of the best things Delta employees have going. It's just a 'shame' about all that money the IAM is now loosing out on.
Over-moderation sucks

panamair

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:05 am

Quoting ooer (Reply 8):
Delta has made how much in profits over the past 3 years?

My point exactly...

That's what that thing called Profit Sharing is all about...or did you conveniently forget?

2010 Total profit sharing to employees was $313m, i.e., 22-23% of Net Profit (excl specials) or approx 12% of Operating Profit (excluding specials)

2011 has currently accrued $175m for 9 months so far, and estimated to be $250m for the year, roughly the same percentages of Net/Operating Income as 2010...

TeamintheSky

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:45 am

Ooer, I am taking a leap that you work for DL. Well as a shareholder, I am pleased as peach they are giving their employees a pay rise because what separates DL from others is the people, especially on routes I take. However, if you are unsatisfied with a raise, I would be happy to give you my bank details and you could forward it across to me!

Great move by DL, glad to see them investing not only in their facilities and aircraft, but also their people!
Since 2010: DL, KL, AF, WX, IG, FR , FL, U2, AK, BA, OK, UX, VS, VN, K6, AT, US, AY, BE, EI, LG, AZ, 9W, SG, AA, JL, W6

FlyASAGuy2005

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Quoting TeamInTheSky (Reply 12):

Not a DL employee...at least I don't think so, based on past comments and wording...

NWAESC

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Quoting cokepopper (Thread starter):
Just out , with details to follow. Sounds like july '12

You sure? Maybe it's a pre-emptive strike...

I'd be curious to see what the specific definition of an "eligible" employee is.

Quoting GoBoeing (Reply 9):
f it isn't about +3% a year every year, it's a paycut. For any worker in any industry.

Quoting panamair (Reply 11):
2011 has currently accrued $175m for 9 months so far, and estimated to be $250m for the year, roughly the same percentages of Net/Operating Income as 2010...

On the call, RA said it was too early to say for sure but that the pay out would be ~ 4.5% of gross pay. Guess we'll see when it gets closer to Valentine's day...
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

ATLFlyer323

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm

If it isn't about +3% a year every year, it's a paycut. For any worker in any industry.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand why people feel they are "entitled" to raises every year? I'm sorry but if your company does not make a profit I don't understand how you can assume you deserve a 3% raise? (Granted Delta is making profits right now, but your statement was very general). I think it's great employee's are getting raises, even if it doesn't satisfy some people (life's not fair, you can't please everyone). Sometimes people forget what it's like to simply work, you should not expect to make more money just cause 365 days have passed.

-ATLFlyer323
Everyday, the fluffy temptation of wheat!

Rdh3e

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Quoting ooer (Reply 8):

Even if your figures are correct, that would only mean that they were overpaid. Just because at one point your services were worth 50 dollars doesn't mean they will always be worth $50. Take this hypothetical. When Typewriters just came out people who knew how to use them commanded a premium in the workplace, say they made $50 a day. Well with the proliferation of people who could type as well as computers, those skills are now obsolete. Should that person still make $50 a day? Or should their wages move with the market and be decreased to levels which represent their value?

I know you would never change your position, but this is how the world works, it's indisputable. Despite your misplaced notion of what's "fair".

False. It's only a "paycut" if inflation out-paces the rate of the raise. And I can give you the figures, but inflation from 2000 to 2009 was averaging about 2.5% and recently the dollar has been deflating, so no if you look at the facts, receiving less than 3% is not in fact "taking a pay cut."

[Edited 2011-12-16 06:50:16]

FlyPNS1

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Quoting ih8b6 (Reply 10):
The constant threat of a union is one of the best things Delta employees have going.

So basically the DL employees are piggy-backing off the work off all the unionized employees at other airlines?

mayor

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Quoting nwaesc (Reply 14):
You sure? Maybe it's a pre-emptive strike...

So, if they do give a raise, it's a "pre-emptive strike".......if they don't, the complaints come in about no raises........how can you win? Some people won't be satisfied, no matter what. I seem to remember people complaining when the PMDL people got a raise/pay "restoration" (whatever) and they didn't because of "labratory conditions and, now, when they ARE getting a raise, are complaining about it.  
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

NWAESC

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:14 pm

And so what if it's "calculated"? Most pro-union people are going to call it that but what else are they to do - never give raises? Sure it's "calculated": Keep the staff happy, above industry average, good work rules, positive attitude, and there's no need for a union. The constant threat of a union is one of the best things Delta employees have going.

I agree with your premise. IMO, it's definitely calculated, and should it actually come to fruition, it is most definitely designed to thwart any current/future organizing drives. That's okay, as long as people are able to see it for what it is. Businesses don't give raises out of the goodness of their hearts-nor do they cut pay just to be spiteful. It's just business.

My issue with it all is when employees buy into the manufactured opinion that a company is doing it out of some sort of benevolence- corporate America just doesn't operate that way.

Mir

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Quoting ATLFlyer323 (Reply 15):
Sometimes people forget what it's like to simply work, you should not expect to make more money just cause 365 days have passed.

Inflation. When it becomes more expensive to buy things, keeping wages the same amounts to a pay cut.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Rdh3e

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 20):
Inflation. When it becomes more expensive to buy things, keeping wages the same amounts to a pay cut.

-Mir

Inflation/CPI should absolutely central to all Union contracts. That way there would be no debate about inflation, and any increases above and beyond CPI could be based on merit.

peanuts

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Quoting nwaesc (Reply 19):
Businesses don't give raises out of the goodness of their hearts-nor do they cut pay just to be spiteful.

True. But businesses also try to KEEP certain employees. If you don't pay them what the market will bear, they'll leave. It's a constant fine tuning, with or without the union.
Personally, I prefer performance over anything. The reason for my anti union stance in general is mainly due to the fact that the "everyone is equal" approach appears extremely inefficient to me and full of "pork", so to speak.
If there is some sort of collective bargaining power mechanism that truly rewards performance, bring it on. I would be all over it.

Quoting FlyPNS1 (Reply 17):
So basically the DL employees are piggy-backing off the work off all the unionized employees at other airlines?

Not piggy-backing per se. They are possibly trying to stay AHEAD of it. What DL does also gives unions at other employers power to renegotiate.
You can look at it either way.

stlgph

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Quoting ATLFlyer323 (Reply 15):
Sometimes people forget what it's like to simply work, you should not expect to make more money just cause 365 days have passed.

Well that's just a *lovely* sentiment. Personally, I get my raise every year or I'm gone - and can't blame others for the same.
And when it comes to Delta, it's easier on the bottom line to give the raises and pay the money for employee retainment than spending oodles on hiring and training.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

NWAESC

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 18):
So, if they do give a raise, it's a "pre-emptive strike".......if they don't, the complaints come in about no raises........how can you win? Some people won't be satisfied, no matter what. I seem to remember people complaining when the PMDL people got a raise/pay "restoration" (whatever) and they didn't because of "labratory conditions and, now, when they ARE getting a raise, are complaining about it.

Who's complaining? BTW, looks like we were typing at roughly the same time. Check out what I posted in reply 19...

Quoting peanuts (Reply 22):
True. But businesses also try to KEEP certain employees. If you don't pay them what the market will bear, they'll leave. It's a constant fine tuning, with or without the union.

Agreed.

Quote:
Personally, I prefer performance over anything. The reason for my anti union stance in general is mainly due to the fact that the "everyone is equal" approach appears extremely inefficient to me and full of "pork", so to speak.
If there is some sort of collective bargaining power mechanism that truly rewards performance, bring it on. I would be all over it.

Well, I'm as pro labor as you are anti labor, but when it comes to performance we agree. I have no problem with high standards & accountability for the membership.

OOer

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Delta pay is still good compared to industry.

Delta management's quote "We are committed to industry standard pay". If there is a pay increase coming, it means Delta employees are once again BELOW industry standard.

Since when is BELOW industry standard considered "good"?

Ih8b6

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Quoting nwaesc (Reply 19):
IMO, it's definitely calculated, and should it actually come to fruition, it is most definitely designed to thwart any current/future organizing drives.

It will come to fruition. In my 22 years it always has. Someday you will learn to believe what they tell you. They aren't always out to get you, screw you over, make your life miserable, etc. It's a business, run to make a profit, with a goal of doing it's best to keep staff happy sine they produce the profit.

My problem is, in a pro-union person's opinion, when would it ever be okay for the company to give the staff a raise? If there is always a union drive going on (or threat/talk of it) and every time the company gets made out to be the 'bad guy' because they are giving out raises to thwart a union how can they ever give a raise? It seems by the mentality of most of the pro union folks the company can never give raises (or any expanded benefits) to make employees happy without them having an ulterior motive of squashing a union threat.

Happy employees = better operating results. Maybe that is the motive?? (Or at least half of it)  
Happy Holidays All!
Over-moderation sucks

OOer

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Using just base pay:

In 2000 a Delta flight attendant at top pay who worked 85 hours per month earned roughly $4,400 per month ($52,800 per year).

Today a Delta flight attendant at top pay who works 85 hours per month earns roughly $3,850 per month ($46,200 per year).

Without adjusting for inflation, Delta flight attendants would need about a 15% increase in base pay to bring them back to the same wage level as 11 year so. If you throw in inflation, you actually need to be at about $67,000 per year to have the same purchasing power today as you did in 2000 with a wage of $52,800.

In order for Delta flight attendants to have the same purchasing power today as they did in 2000, they would need about a 47% pay increase.

Not to mention pensions are frozed, quality of health insurance is worse and premiums are much higher, per diem has been cut, and a bunch of other pay components have also suffered.

NWAESC

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Quoting ih8b6 (Reply 26):
It will come to fruition. In my 22 years it always has. Someday you will learn to believe what they tell you. They aren't always out to get you, screw you over, make your life miserable, etc. It's a business, run to make a profit, with a goal of doing it's best to keep staff happy sine they produce the profit.

Um, I actually agreed with you. Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote? I just think people need to clearly understand the motives behind these types of moves, and see them for what they are.. Given that RA gave almost no specifics, I feel that it's being done specifically to undercut any organizing currently underway. And like I said earlier; if that's what it is, so be it, as long as people recognize that.

Will it come to pass? Maybe. You're definitely more optimistic than I am. I'm cynical to be sure-that won't surprise anyone that has ever read what I write- but July's a long way out, and nothing is ever locked in w/o a legally binding agreement.

mayor

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Quoting nwaesc (Reply 28):
Given that RA gave almost no specifics, I feel that it's being done specifically to undercut any organizing currently underway. And like I said earlier; if that's what it is, so be it, as long as people recognize that.

Odd that...........when we got pay raises, with no threat of unionization on the horizon, we just thought it was because we did a good job and were being rewarded for it. Imagine my surprise, when I find out from people that have only been with DL a short time, that we were wrong.  
Quoting ooer (Reply 27):
Today a Delta flight attendant at top pay who works 85 hours per month earns roughly $3,850 per month ($46,200 per year).

You do realize that THAT is over $45 per hour, right? Doesn't sound like such a bad hourly rate, to me. I don't begrudge the F/As any of their pay, but I think that when I was in ACS, the best I ever did was $20 an hour and I thought that was pretty damn good.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

OOer

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 29):
You do realize that THAT is over $45 per hour, right? Doesn't sound like such a bad hourly rate, to me. I don't begrudge the F/As any of their pay, but I think that when I was in ACS, the best I ever did was $20 an hour and I thought that was pretty damn good.

You do realize that flight crews don't get paid for 40 hours per week like group employees do. Right?

Flight crews are generally only guaranteed minimum pay of 1 hour for every 2 hours on duty, and 1 hour pay for every 3.5 hours they are away from home.

So while Debbie is a flight attendant gone from home for 3 days catching her daily dose of radiation and dirty cabin air, she is most likely paid about 15-16 hours for those 3 days. In the meantime the ground worker will get 8 hours per shift.

$45 per does sound very high, the question should be...for what hours do flight crews get paid for?

Rdh3e

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Quoting stlgph (Reply 23):
Well that's just a *lovely* sentiment. Personally, I get my raise every year or I'm gone - and can't blame others for the same.

And that makes sense for all Non-Union employees. However, specificallly because of unions and their seniority system their membership many times cannot simply up and leave because they'd often be headed into another union environment where they start at the bottom.

Quoting ooer (Reply 27):

What's the ratio of paid time to time at the airport? Just curious I've asked this a thousand times and no one ever answers me.

777ord

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:25 pm

I really don't get why some are criticizing this move by DL management.

Rarely has ANYONE ever complained about getting paid more. Considering most people are in jepardy of loosing their jobs, seeing a complete opposite, i.e pay raise, should be viewed with welcome arms.

I am glad that DL is doing this. I only wish other carriers would follow suit. Heck, I wish all companies would follow suit when they are able to.

FlyASAGuy2005

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Quoting ooer (Reply 25):

The line is actually industry standard pay; industry leading performance bonuses/incentives. Shared rewards/profit sharing, etc.

mayor

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Quoting 777ord (Reply 32):
I really don't get why some are criticizing this move by DL management.

Because it's all part of some EVIL conspiracy...........can't you see that?  
Quoting ooer (Reply 30):
You do realize that flight crews don't get paid for 40 hours per week like group employees do. Right?

You're the one that provided the figure of 85 hours a month, not me. Using a monthly figure of 160 hours for ACS, that comparison doesn't sound like much. BTW, I seem to remember a figure of about 173 hours a month for ACS, but seeing as how it's a MONTHLY salary, the hours are a moot point. Hourly wages only come into play when talking about overtime, vacation time, holiday pay, etc.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Quoting ooer (Reply 27):

$45.29 an hour!!!!!

Sorry but I can't feel sorry for them.

ocracoke

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Quoting ooer (Reply 27):

Using just base pay:

In 2000 a Delta flight attendant at top pay who worked 85 hours per month earned roughly $4,400 per month ($52,800 per year).

What did a NW flight attendant make in 2000 (top pay) vs what did they make today (top pay, before the final union vote outcome last month)?

What did a UA flight attendant make in 2000 (top pay) vs what do they make today (top pay).

What did an OO flight attendant make in 2000 (top pay) vs what do they make today (top pay).

I have no idea what the answers are, but if someone knows, I'd be curious to see the differences between the airlines, and how the pay amongst the airlines have changed over the last decade.

Quoting ooer (Reply 27):
In order for Delta flight attendants to have the same purchasing power today as they did in 2000, they would need about a 47% pay increase.

How are things going over at AA?

b727fa

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Quoting rdh3e (Reply 31):
What's the ratio of paid time to time at the airport? Just curious I've asked this a thousand times and no one ever answers me.

Ok, I'll answer based on my numbers.

My trip tomorrow will pay 16:15 at my rate of pay I'll earn $335.88. I'll be away from base (not home) 50:46. My hourly pay for the 3 day trip is $6.61/hr.

Or let's do it ONLY based on "duty/on the clock" and my "duty time" is 29 hrs and my pay works out to $11.58.

Let's do an 8 hour shift (assuming an ACS type position) x 3 days = 24 hrs pay, $13.99/hr.

So for the ACS "working" 5 hrs less than I am "on duty/working" they will make $2.41 more an hour. (Who was it who said, "I can't feel sorry for that?")

We're paid differently, but about the same. We are all frontline employees and we're are compensated as such; quite equally so.

Not so far off. Rule of thumb: For crews, multiply the "hourly" by 1,000 for yearly pay. For "regular/40 hr week" double the hourly for yearly pay. A $20/hr new hire FA ~ $20,000/yr. A $10/hr new hire ACS ~ $20,000 PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE APPROX!

So, now you know.

[Edited 2011-12-16 10:13:08]
My comments/opinions are my own and are not to be construed as the opinion(s) of my employer.

Rdh3e

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Quoting b727fa (Reply 37):
So, now you know

Thanks!

cokepopper
Topic Author

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Mod's can you change the title replacing the word ground with domestic?
Delta to give all domestic employees raises in '12.
Thanks

TVNWZ

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Quoting ih8b6 (Reply 7):
LOL...wow, it only took one reply for something negative to be said. Geez. I would have thought it would have been post 9 or 10 before something like this came up.

Actually it started before that....

NWAESC

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 29):
Imagine my surprise, when I find out from people that have only been with DL a short time, that we were wrong.

Different world than the one you left in '05...

Quoting mayor (Reply 34):
Using a monthly figure of 160 hours for ACS, that comparison doesn't sound like much. BTW, I seem to remember a figure of about 173 hours a month for ACS, but seeing as how it's a MONTHLY salary,

FWIW, DL uses the 173.3 standard to break down monthly rate into hourly increments...

cokepopper
Topic Author

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Quoting TVNWZ (Reply 40):
Quoting ih8b6 (Reply 7):

Actually it started before that....

Negative? to who? you? Actually its a positive to the MAJORITY of Delta employees
who voted the Union OUT.

mayor

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:51 pm

I think the saying, "They'd bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope" applies, here.  

SkyPriorityDTW

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Oh dear, people always have something to complain about. This goes with the saying "misery loves company." Shut up, take your raise, and move on with your life. It's MORE money! Who would complain about getting more money? The past is the past, no need to dwell on it. If you want to make more money, strive to get a promotion or move up in the company. One is entitled to nothing!
Keep Climbing...

Ih8b6

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Cokepopper...I wasn't being negative, I was pointing else someone else that was. I think you know that but the copy of the quote in reply 42 looks like you are responding to me.
Over-moderation sucks

FlyASAGuy2005

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Quoting SkyPriorityDTW (Reply 44):

Buddy of mine who is an ESL in MSP said everyone had something to say about the "raises" in the breakrooms today. Everything from I'll believe it when I see it to Dick is a liar, etc. etc. it's hush money, you name it. He kindly said, well if you don't want the raise, you can give it to me...

TVNWZ

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Quoting cokepopper (Reply 42):

Nope not me. Could care less.

Just pointing out to ihb6 that the negativity started at the top. With a negative statement against unions in the initial post you are going to get the quik reaction in the second post.

toobz

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Quoting ooer (Reply 30):
So while Debbie is a flight attendant gone from home for 3 days catching her daily dose of radiation and dirty cabin air, she is most likely paid about 15-16 hours for those 3 days. In the meantime the ground worker will get 8 hours per shift.

I dont get it. If Debbie doesnt have a problem with her pay, why should you?? Im totally shocked at the statements being made from the same anti-Delta people.
If you dont like it, find a new job. Right? Isnt that what we do?

usdcaguy

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:01 am

There does seem to be a lot of dissatisfaction of some sort in this thread.

Quoting SkyPriorityDTW (Reply 44):
Oh dear, people always have something to complain about. This goes with the saying "misery loves company." Shut up, take your raise, and move on with your life. It's MORE money! Who would complain about getting more money?

"Shut up, take your raise and move on with your life" strikes me as a little dismissive. There does seem to be some negativity in this thread, and I'm not sure Delta has much to do with it. I believe the problem is much larger. We in the US rely on a harsh, capitalistic system to provide us with sustenance and fulfillment. Unfortunately, the system is open to abuse and manipulation by those savvy enough to creep into power, and we are led to believe if only we were good enough or worked hard enough, we would have as much money as we would like. That's nonsense. There aren't the opportunities there once were to easily make career changes. We are left on our own having to settle for the best thing we can get, which often leaves us unsatisfied whether it be a question of compensation, working conditions or job duties. I believe the best attitude is simply not to expect much and then fight to get what you want whenever you get the chance, either by casting the right vote or by considering new systems of living.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos