Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

point2point
Topic Author

New Frontier/Republic #34

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Okay, at about 260 posts in the New Frontier/Republic #33

New Frontier/Republic #33 (by bjorn14 Feb 16 2012 in Civil Aviation)

I think that it's time to start a new thread here.

And from the end of #33, items of interest include:

Missoula MT (MSO) wanting F9 n/s service to DEN

http://missoulian.com/news/local/gro...4-699f-11e1-b1a1-0019bb2963f4.html

F9 gets new interactive route map

http://www.frontierairlines.com/plan-book/routes-schedules/route-map

Select seating

http://www.frontierairlines.com/flight-info/seating-options

and of course, the vote is on for the next new F9 animal

http://www.frontierairlines.com/animals

The last thread (#33) took about 3 weeks to get past the 250 posts number. Will F9 have enough happening so that this thread maybe will get fill up faster than the last...?

bjorn14

RE: New Frontier/Republic #34

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I wish the interactive map had options for nonstop and connecting routes unless I did it wrong.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

floridaflyboy

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 1):
I wish the interactive map had options for nonstop and connecting routes unless I did it wrong.

You can see connecting flights by clicking first on the origin airport and then on the final destination. It will draw all the lines for possible connections such as clicking DCA and LAX will yield DCA-DEN-LAX and DCA-MCI-LAX. You can also kill the Great Lakes clutter by clicking the checkbox at the bottom.
Good goes around!

GentFromAlaska

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:52 pm

RJET Shuttle America route map is missing some of the recent updates and needs to be updated. With a quick glance I noticed BIS is missing under partner airlines. http://www.rjet.com/destinations.html
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

GentFromAlaska

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Quoting point2point (Thread starter):
http://www.frontierairlines.com/animals

I voted and it wasn't for Doug the Dung Beetle. I foresee bad mojo. Doug sitting at the DEN hub with passengers on other airframes commenting "Look at the piece of sh*t they're flying on"

mariner

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 pm

and of course, the vote is on for the next new F9 animal

The frog rules!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Sun Valley Aviation

Meanwhile, supposedly Frontier has applied for DCA-COS with continuing same plane service to SAN. As I hoped.  

I'm not holding my breath, there's a lot of competition for SAN (Alaska ad a non-stop, Southwest via AUS), but I'd love to see it.

Still, knock me down with a feather that apparently Southwest didn't apply for DEN-DCA as well.

mariner
aeternum nauta

point2point
Topic Author

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 pm

From the "Eight More DCA Beyond-Perimeter Slots - Pt 3" thread, it seems that F9 has gotten into the action for the DCA slots, and submitted DCA-COS (continuing to SAN) as a flight that they want. Good luck to F9 on this, there's a lot of competition there with PDX, SAN, AUS, SFO, and even SJU and YVR in the hunt.

DCA-COS...... ??

Gonna be a tough one, but hey........maybe?

freakyrat

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Any word on F9 starting service on any of the SCASD grant cities routes to DEN?

GentFromAlaska

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 5):
Meanwhile, supposedly Frontier has applied for DCA-COS with continuing same plane service to SAN. As I hoped.
SAN-COS-DCA would connect the Navy fleet in San Diego, NORAD HQ and U.S. Northern Command' Peterson AFB and the USAF Academy in COS with DCA the Pentagon. Hopefully F9 documented this in their application. If we win the beyond perimeter slot which IMO F9 should have a slight (preference) advantage being a LCC/ULCC over other carriers. I foresee an A320 being used on this route. F9 would have to bid on the federal GSA city pairs for SAN-DCA and COS-DCA.

As an added bonus F9 also has access to the GSA Mountain Region HQ in DEN. An excellent route.

[Edited 2012-03-12 17:12:56]

rampart

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:01 am

Quoting point2point (Reply 6):
DCA-COS...... ??

Could be good. Big military bases at all ends including the SAN end.

Not military oriented, but I think it would be keen if the COS-DCA flight tagged on to NYC or BOS.

-Rampart

freakyrat

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:12 am

I like Mariners idea with the Frog. Of the choices they gave I voted for Chloe the Chipmunk.

GentFromAlaska

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:17 am

Quoting freakyrat (Reply 10):
I voted for Chloe the Chipmunk.

Chloe may be a Chipmunk. However her picture resembles a tree rat (Squirrel)

rj777

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 am

Wasn't Buddy supposed to get a voice?

flyingcat

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:27 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 8):
If we win the beyond perimeter slot which IMO F9 should have a slight (preference) advantage being a LCC/ULCC over other carriers.

Over AS maybe, but declaring F9 more of an LCC than B6, VX and WN is problematic at best.

For the record until F9 charges for drinks, seat assignments, booking on the web, carry on bags and a host of other things they are NOT an ULCC no matter how much they say they are going to be NK. Stating this and actually doing it are two entirely different animals.

The day they rip off the animal tails for cheap paint and have workers vacuum their own cubes then you can boast you an ULCC, otherwise you are just prettying up the house.

freakyrat

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 am

They all look pretty bad though. Chloe looked the best in the animation. I still vote for the Frog from the E170. If it's for a tail of an E190 I would go with Will & Hill the two prairie dogs. The two aspiring rappers. Party Fares are in the sky tonight, everybody's going to have a good time. Ha!!! Ha!!!!

GentFromAlaska

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 am

Quoting flyingcaT (Reply 13):
Over AS maybe, but declaring F9 more of an LCC than B6, VX and WN is problematic at best

If I'm understanding correctly you are are referring to flight frequency and the number of seats in that F9 would offer the service once daily. Does flight frequency apply in this scenario, in that we are talking about two beyond perimeter slots (one in each direction) Although VX, B6 and WN may fly more frequency they would be governed to same two slots.

There is no doubt in my mind F9 would have to fly an A320 SAN-COS-DCA. One flight planned and timed strategically works.

mariner

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:42 am

Quoting freakyrat (Reply 14):
They all look pretty bad though.

I thought the audition tapes were terrific - a return to the old form, the animals on the tails. I think it is great work by the ad agency.

My affection for the tree frog, remains, but the sloth made me laugh a lot, as did the ostrich, and I think the giraffe is a fun joke. Even the idea of the dung beetle is nicely off the wall.

mariner
aeternum nauta

F9Fan

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:21 am

I voted for Paula because my wife is named Paula, not because the pig looks like my wife.   

freakyrat

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:37 am

The Audition tapes were great, the animals just looked bland until they auditioned. I voted for Chloe the Chipmunk but Paula the pig was cute to. Will and Hill the two prairie dogs would go nice on an E190. Paula the pig would be kind of funny on an A320.

GentFromAlaska

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:23 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 16):
Even the idea of the dung beetle is nicely off the wall.

It certainly is out there!

I thought a more cutesie name for the prairie dogs might be Hill and Hole.

mikefrommke

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:40 am

Quoting flyingcaT (Reply 13):
Over AS maybe, but declaring F9 more of an LCC than B6, VX and WN is problematic at best.

For the record until F9 charges for drinks, seat assignments, booking on the web, carry on bags and a host of other things they are NOT an ULCC no matter how much they say they are going to be NK. Stating this and actually doing it are two entirely different animals.

LCC and ULCC really are only about cost structure. Just because the few examples of ULCCs we've seen so far have done it one way doesn't mean that's the way F9 has to be run. F9 has never stated they are going to become NK. The higher ups at F9 have deemed their goal to have under 6 cents CASM. They are also looking at increasing revenues through additional offerings (so far pancakes and ability for economy tickets to upgrade seats at booking) but they also have stated the preference to maintain a quality product and not just jump to the bottom of the barrel.

GentFromAlaska

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:39 pm

If and its a big if, the dung beetle is put on a tail, this would be F9 first insect or to paraphrase Tommy Lee Jones in the Men in Black movies "BUG" correct?

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Personally I have always thought cos makes a great focus city and DCA would work. The connection to SAN would be awesome too. I could see SLC San and LAS working too. I think the focus city could work let's hope it's not a western pacific 2 in the making though lol......COS still has those gates they look to be in decent condition does anyone know how frontiers gate situation will change if they decide to grow a little more. I can't wait to see how frontier does.

Speaking of the rocky mountain region does anyone have an idea how provo is working? A non stop sna or lax would work but also might get Delta to take notice.

airlinewatcher1

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 pm

The interactive route map shows a non-stop link between DEN and BOS. I have not heard any announcements for this route. Was this just a fluke, or is this an actual route being started by F9? With the pull down of MCI and MKE as focus cities, it would make sense to serve BOS directly from DEN (in spite of the intense competition on this route).

Frontier's route map is certainly undergoing a lot of changes in a short period of time...it will be interesting to see what it looks like after all the dust settles! I hope they are successful in the non-Denver routes they are trying out. It seems like they are trying to fill in on some of the routes that Southwest/Air Tran have abandoned.

mikefrommke

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Quoting AIRLINEWATCHER1 (Reply 23):
The interactive route map shows a non-stop link between DEN and BOS. I have not heard any announcements for this route. Was this just a fluke, or is this an actual route being started by F9? With the pull down of MCI and MKE as focus cities, it would make sense to serve BOS directly from DEN (in spite of the intense competition on this route).

DEN-BOS was served once-weekly on Saturday as a positioning flight for BOS-CUN service (with Apple I believe). Even with the competition it is a big market for them not to serve daily, but it also uses a lot of plane time that they might have more profitable flying elsewhere. If they continue to grow (let's hope so!) then I could see them jumping back in that market. I'd rather have it flown as a B6 codeshare flight though  .

airlinewatcher1

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Does the route map show the routes flown for Apple? Or just the regularly scheduled F9 flights? Is there any way of seeing which routes are flown solely for Apple?

point2point
Topic Author

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Quoting AIRLINEWATCHER1 (Reply 25):
Does the route map show the routes flown for Apple? Or just the regularly scheduled F9 flights? Is there any way of seeing which routes are flown solely for Apple?

I'm sort of wondering along these lines myself. What I think is (and this is what I think, not what is maybe correct, so anyone please feel free to address this here if not) here is that all of the routes that F9 can sell tickets to are listed. However, I do believe that there has been some approvals for PUJ, and I do not see this on the map. So I would imagine that in the long run, where F9 can sell tickets on its own would be shown on the route map, and those flights which are strictly Apple charters will probably not show up on the F9 route map. Could this be correct?

airlinewatcher1

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 22):

Speaking of the rocky mountain region does anyone have an idea how provo is working? A non stop sna or lax would work but also might get Delta to take notice.

The DEN route from Provo is popular with Mormons. And as long as they continue to support it, I think the route will do fine. Not sure about other routes being tried from Provo, though.

[Edited 2012-03-13 15:18:55]

GentFromAlaska

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:00 am

I noticed on the interactive route http://www.frontierairlines.com/plan-book/routes-schedules/route-map the new BLI-DEN and the FLL-DEN service is not connectible to each other at DEN. I realize you can't be everything to everybody, it seems to me you would want to cover both airports for two of the better known cruise ship embarkation points. I suspect the resolve for this would be to add a second DEN-BLI later in the day. I suppose they want to gauge the loads on the once daily flight prior to going full throttle.

WN offered FLL-BNA-SEA with no change of aircraft which was always packed with Floridians flying to the left coast to board Alaska cruises . BNA was often wait listed for the SEA segment of the flight.

mariner

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:16 am

Quoting AIRLINEWATCHER1 (Reply 27):
The DEN route from Provo is popular with Mormons. And as long as they continue to support it, I think the route will do fine. Not sure about other routes being tried from Provo, though.

DEN was actually Provo's third choice. It had originally proposed LAX and LAS before DEN.

I'd love to see PVU-LAX (or SNA).

mariner
aeternum nauta

PlanesNTrains

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:57 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 28):
I noticed on the interactive route http://www.frontierairlines.com/plan-book/routes-schedules/route-map the new BLI-DEN and the FLL-DEN service is not connectible to each other at DEN. I realize you can't be everything to everybody, it seems to me you would want to cover both airports for two of the better known cruise ship embarkation points.

Since Seattle has overtaken Vancouver in numbers for cruise embarkations, FLL-DEN-SEA would seem to be catching a lot of this traffic. There are bookable options for this route, and judging by the high fares on a select June Saturday FLL-DEN-SEA relative to the rest of that week, I'd say there are a number of people flying in for a Sunday cruise departure.  

For FLL-DEN-BLI, it might be a matter of having an aircraft available at a certain time for DEN-BLI that limits the options for some connections? Not sure, honestly, but with one frequency versus DEN-SEA's multiple frequencies, it is what it is I guess. Glad to see them in BLI, though. Boy, things have changed from the days of QX being the primary (only?) carrier.

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

GentFromAlaska

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:16 am

Quoting PlanesNTrains (Reply 30):
Since Seattle has overtaken Vancouver in numbers for cruise embarkations

I wasn't aware of this. For my own curiosity do you have any ballpark numbers of how many cruise ship voyages originate in Seattle vs. Vancouver?

Alias1024

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:44 am

I love those audition tapes. Brilliant advertising.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:06 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 31):
I wasn't aware of this. For my own curiosity do you have any ballpark numbers of how many cruise ship voyages originate in Seattle vs. Vancouver?

There was another thread in the last month or two where this came up, but I don't remember where. I think the links put SEA in the 700,000/year range and Vancouver in the 600,000/year range. Not a huge disparity, but it is growing.

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

mariner

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:20 am

I thought the audition tapes were terrific - a return to the old form, the animals on the tails. I think it is great work by the ad agency.
Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 32):

It sure is. I took another look at the tapes again today, partly for the sheer pleasure of it and partly to examine what the agency had done.

My affection for the frog remains, but in terms of the brief I think Grey has hit it out of the park. If the search is for a "spokes animal" then the walrus is a gorgeous idea because no one - except Griz - can understand a word he says. Same goes for the Grebe, although I think that's more of a one-trick wonder.

The voicing of each character has been beautifully realized with the Sloth getting my vote for best performance. As a writer I know that the hardest thing to do is define a character in a couple of lines and they surely got that right.

So I dunno. I guess it will come down to the one the voters find the cutest, but I think there is gold to be mined from each of them.

But the campaign is something else, a real joy. If those tapes don't win some kind of advertising award (another one!), I shall be extremely surprised.

mariner
aeternum nauta

PlanesNTrains

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 am

Quoting PlanesNTrains (Reply 33):
There was another thread in the last month or two where this came up, but I don't remember where. I think the links put SEA in the 700,000/year range and Vancouver in the 600,000/year range. Not a huge disparity, but it is growing.

Actually, it was 885,000 vs 663,000.  

-Dave
-Dave

rj777

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 am

Seriously, whatever happened to Buddy? I thought he was supposed to get a voice? Or was he one of the Milwaukee staff let go?

rampart

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:35 am

Same here. I can't pick my favorite, they're all good.

If it was old Western Pacific doing this, picking new tail art of some sort, they'd have really painted one of their aircraft with a question mark on the tail for the promotion.

-Rampart

GentFromAlaska

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Quoting PlanesNTrains (Reply 35):
Actually, it was 885,000 vs 663,000.

That is quite impressive. Does the source also document the actual amount of voyages/sailings from the two ports?

I could probably crunch the numbers using a 3,000 person average per sailing for the larger cruise ships. I recall the Port of Seattle offering smaller vessel 14 day roundtrip cruises to Alaska holding about 100 people per voyage which may skew the overall picture.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 38):
That is quite impressive. Does the source also document the actual amount of voyages/sailings from the two ports?

Vancouver - 199 sailings
Seattle - 196 sailings

Seattle must host larger ships, obviously. BTW, my source is Google.   I don't know of an "official" source, per se.

-Dave
-Dave

airlinewatcher1

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:48 pm

I have a question (sorry if this has already been answered): If and when Republic completely sells off Frontier, what will become of the e190’s? I’m assuming they would continue to be a part of the F9 fleet, but since they are owned by Republic and operating under the Republic certificate, would this prompt a switch over to the F9 operating certificate and ownership? Or would Republic nevertheless continue to operate the planes for F9 – and F9 could market them as “Frontier Express”?

mariner

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Direct Air's sudden cancellation of all its flights has left a lot of passengers in the lurch and Rockford Airport - RFD - is actively seeking a replacement airline:

http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x29987...o-pick-up-Direct-Air-Florida-route

"Officials at Chicago Rockford International Airport say they're trying to find an "air partner" who will offer "fair" pricing to passengers left with tickets but no airline after Direct Air canceled flights to Florida on Tuesday."

I assume this means they are talking to Allegiant and - I guess - Frontier. I also assume they're prepared to throw a bit of money at it.

I wonder if there is anything in this for Frontier - even assuming it had an available aircraft? I'm not keen on a direct replacement, RFD-PGD, but I suppose RFD-RSW might be a consideration - might.

I do think RFD-MCO is a possible potential route, at least seasonally, but right now there may be others to MCO that have greater priority.

What really puzzles me is that Direct Air is talking about flying again in May. I don't know the rules about this sort of air service, but having stranded so many I can't think the DOT would cut Direct any slack to start again.

mariner
aeternum nauta

mikefrommke

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Quoting AIRLINEWATCHER1 (Reply 40):
I have a question (sorry if this has already been answered): If and when Republic completely sells off Frontier, what will become of the e190’s? I’m assuming they would continue to be a part of the F9 fleet, but since they are owned by Republic and operating under the Republic certificate, would this prompt a switch over to the F9 operating certificate and ownership? Or would Republic nevertheless continue to operate the planes for F9 – and F9 could market them as “Frontier Express”?

The E90s will continue to be operated by Republic prorate (used to be CPA, but they changed recently) under the Frontier banner. As long as they can make money on them they will fly, but at this point they aren't even on the Frontier books anymore, and won't be moved to that certificate any time soon. The F9 operation and finances are being sandboxed as just the Airbus flying so that the books look better to a potential investor.

AirframeAS

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:54 pm

http://www.frontierairlines.com/plan-book/routes-schedules/route-map

Select seating

I like the idea of select seating, nice change from the original. However, I have one problem with the exit row seating. F9 says it is stretch seating, assuming they are going to charge for pax to sit there if they wish. The thing that bothers me is that the F.A.A. went against charging for extra row seating on another airline and said the airline who charged for it (Can't remember who, I want to say American, but I know that is not right....) cannot legally charge for sitting in an exit row because of the duties involved in case of an evacuation. Does anyone remember this?? (Yes, I am honestly asking....)

It is! The best work, indeed, thus far! Brilliant! I am glad that Grey decided to put the gang back on the tails.

Quoting freakyrat (Reply 18):
Will and Hill the two prairie dogs would go nice on an E190.

Agreed. Speaking of the E190's, there are two (at least) E190's that are still in the Midwest colors. Maybe this would be a great idea to put Will and Hill on them. Rappin' Prarie Dogs vs. Jim, Jay, Joe and Gary!  
Brilliant advertising.

Quoting rj777 (Reply 36):
Seriously, whatever happened to Buddy? I thought he was supposed to get a voice?

IMO, I think too much sour relationship is still going on with MKE. John Mahoney (from the TV show Fraiser) was supposed to be the voice. Considering that he is a MKE native, IIRC, I am willing to bet F9 and/or Grey severed ties to Mahoney after the MKE dramatic downsizing. But who knows.... I honestly have no idea. But I am not surprised that Buddy was not in the videos.

Quoting mikefrommke (Reply 42):
The E90s will continue to be operated by Republic prorate (used to be CPA, but they changed recently) under the Frontier banner.

I am hearing that two E90's will go offline in August. Whatever that means.....
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

FRNT787

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 43):
I am hearing that two E90's will go offline in August. Whatever that means.....

Im guessing that these may be the two with YX paint you mentioned, meaning they will likely never see the F9 colors. Consider the Midwest a retro scheme until then 

GentFromAlaska

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:42 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 41):
What really puzzles me is that Direct Air is talking about flying again in May. I don't know the rules about this sort of air service, but having stranded so many I can't think the DOT would cut Direct any slack to start again.

Reading between the lines this takes on the appearance of a cease operations order resulting from a surprise inspection; either mechanical or on paper. If this is in fact the case they would able to resume service once the correction is made. It could be something as simple as a training violation or even a lapse in the carriers insurance premium.

I've seen the transportation side of the DoD terminate a government contract because the carrier failed to carry the required minimal amount of insurance.

AirframeAS

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:45 am

Quoting FRNT787 (Reply 44):
Im guessing that these may be the two with YX paint you mentioned

Yeah, one of them is 171HQ (I was on it just the other day) and I don't know the other one.

Quoting FRNT787 (Reply 44):
they will likely never see the F9 colors. Consider the Midwest a retro scheme until then   

I was also told that the Midwest scheme is going to be gone and would just be repainted in white with the blue tail.

mariner

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 45):
Reading between the lines this takes on the appearance of a cease operations order resulting from a surprise inspection; either mechanical or on paper.

The generally accepted version is that Direct couldn't pay its bills - specifically a fuel bill:

http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x161...078/Direct-Air-cancels-all-flights

"Missed fuel payment grounds Direct Air through May 15

Federal transportation officials, meanwhile, said the charter carrier was grounded because of failure to pay its bills.

“The department is continuing to look into the cancellations,” U.S. Department of Transportation spokesman Bill Mosley said in an email.

Mosley said two airlines that provide charter flights for Direct Air — Xtra Airways and Sky King — notified the agency Tuesday that service had been suspended indefinitely because Direct Air had not paid its bills. Direct Air’s marketing director also told a South Carolina newspaper on Tuesday that the airline had run out of money to purchase fuel."

mariner
aeternum nauta

MostlyAir

Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 43):
IMO, I think too much sour relationship is still going on with MKE. John Mahoney (from the TV show Fraiser) was supposed to be the voice. Considering that he is a MKE native, IIRC, I am willing to bet F9 and/or Grey severed ties to Mahoney after the MKE dramatic downsizing. But who knows.... I honestly have no idea. But I am not surprised that Buddy was not in the videos.

Buddy did get a voice, but I don't think it ever made it to commercial and unfortunately it wasn't John Mahoney. Buddy's voice was on a website allowing people to choose which MasterCard they wanted to switch too, off course each card had the voice of the character saying why you should choose him/her. Buddy was and is one of the MasterCards.
My comments are my own and do not represent the views of the airlines owned by Republic or their codeshare partners.

AirframeAS

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Quoting MostlyAir (Reply 48):
Buddy did get a voice
it wasn't John Mahoney.

Then who was it?

but I don't think it ever made it to commercial

Buddy was in ONE commercial, IIRC..... I cannot seem to find it on YouTube. I recall seeing it somewhere. Not sure if it was at the We Are 1 celebration in April 2010 or somewhere else....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos