Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Byrdluvs747
Topic Author

Air Tahiti Nui Chooses Oneworld

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:29 am

I didn't see this posted anywhere.

It looks as though TN has chosen OW over Skyteam. The article is in french.

ATN chooses Oneworld
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

RWA380

RE: Air Tahiti Nui Chooses Oneworld

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:36 am

Makes sense for TN's flying with QF already. Allowing a PPT stop to Australia is a nice option for some travellers still, maybe the QF & NZ pull out of PPT is partly the reason Tahiti tourism has suffered.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

papatango

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 am

There goes the Delta and Air France code share flights

NZ107

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:46 am

Very interesting. It makes hopping across the Southern Pacific that much easier with OW.

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 1):
maybe the QF & NZ pull out of PPT is partly the reason Tahiti tourism has suffered.

I don't quite get what you're saying. Air NZ still flies AKL-PPT, however they are restricted by the Tahitian Govt on seat numbers. NZ also has codeshares with TN even from AKL all the way to LAX.
It's all about the destination AND the journey.

mercure1

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:46 am

If you read story, it says the company has not formalized this choice. Matter of fact the government back in January said they shall join Skyteam. Seems the information comes from the Minister of Tourism who likes to travel and talk very much.

Anyhow, Air Tahiti has severe social and financial problem and is grappling with staying alive at the moment.

So alliance OW or Skyteam this will not cause much improvement especially initially as there will be joining cost.

Only good I see initially is make the near useless Club Tiare loyalty program more usable with partners. (That is if they keep it -- for Skyteam Air France had previously offered to merge into Flying Blue).
mercure f-wtcc

ordbosewr

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 am

Why would Air Tahiti need to join any alliance? I mean will they really get the benefits of the alliance given their size.
I could see them in the same boat as EI.

They need to get all the feed into the flights they have. I mean why don't they become the Alaska/Hawaiian of the south pacific. Get into bed with everyone, United, Delta, American, etc. They should at least allow the earn and burn on LAX-PPT route or open up new routes to IAH or others. As none of those airlines have a desire to compete on the long thin PPT routes.

kiwiandrew

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:32 am

With respect, the question is not which alliance TN chooses, it's whether any alliance chooses TN.

Arcano

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:38 am

Quoting ORDBOSEWR (Reply 5):
Why would Air Tahiti need to join any alliance?

Why would TN be any good for alliances? So many places to be undercovered by OW that could come first in list...

Regards
in order: 721,146,732,763,722,343,733,320,772,319,752,321,88,83,744,332,100,738, 333, 318, 77W, 78, 773, 380, 73G, 788, 789, 346

SurfandSnow

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 am

This airline has much bigger things to be worried about than picking an alliance. All three alliances already offer service to PPT, although admittedly SkyTeam doesn't make any sense if coming in from Asia/Oceania, Star won't do you much good from North America since you would have to significantly backtrack through AKL, and oneworld's only link is that obscure LAN flight via Easter Island (not even sure who takes that flight). While TN provides much better access to PPT than would otherwise be the case, these alliances are focused on filling in major service gaps to high demand business markets (India, Middle East, Southeast Asia, Africa, etc.) rather than improving links to an obscure leisure market...
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

cchan

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 am

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 6):
With respect, the question is not which alliance TN chooses, it's whether any alliance chooses TN.

Agreed. What benefits do TN bring to other alliance partners? TN has a very small network and the main purpose of the airline is to bring tourists to PPT.

CHRISBA777ER

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:03 am

Great news.

2015 holidays were up in the air (pardon the pun) but if i can get OneWorld miles its a deal closer for me.

Always wanted to go to Tahiti and the other islands round there.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

TruemanQLD

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 am

While I doubt the truthfulness in the article, I do think that TN would benefit from an alliance, but really needs to become part of an existing alliance member. I.e a Virgin Samoa style tie up with either NZ, QF or AF and therefore become part of that airlines alliance.

Byrdluvs747
Topic Author

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 am

Quoting cchan (Reply 9):
What benefits do TN bring to other alliance partners?

In looking at their route system, they mostly benefit AA in that AA can combine their XXX-LAX routes with TN's LAX-PPT flights. Just the fact that TN flies from LAX gives OW yet another spoke from the hub.

cchan

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:33 am

Quoting Byrdluvs747 (Reply 12):
In looking at their route system, they mostly benefit AA in that AA can combine their XXX-LAX routes with TN's LAX-PPT flights. Just the fact that TN flies from LAX gives OW yet another spoke from the hub.

The question I have is that whether that one spoke would justify membership in an alliance. Basically, all other alliance members get from TN is PPT as a codeshare destination, and some very limited connections from PPT.

CHRISBA777ER

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:44 am

Quoting cchan (Reply 13):

The question I have is that whether that one spoke would justify membership in an alliance. Basically, all other alliance members get from TN is PPT as a codeshare destination, and some very limited connections from PPT.

One wonders whether the QF codeshare might involve using QF metal to Aus and possibly adding HKG with a CX codeshare as well. Could do ok.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

RWA380

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:49 am

Quoting cchan (Reply 13):
The question I have is that whether that one spoke would justify membership in an alliance. Basically, all other alliance members get from TN is PPT as a codeshare destination, and some very limited connections from PPT

I think it would help Tahitis tourism if one could stop enroute to Australia at PPT first. I mean QF & NZ used to serve PPT from the US to their respective homes, I think with these stop options people stopped coming. Sure those dedicated to getting to PPT can, but those that at a whim stop for 3-4 days enroute to Australia, would be glad to have that option again, then have the option to take QF back to the US (LAX or DFW). Plus the AA feed into LAX to catch TN's late departure from LAX, non-stops from dozens of cities to LAX enroute to PPT-SYD-LAX. Hope it does help TN, I suspect they will be a mileage award that's hard to get, but the tourism dollars spend in Tahiti would sure help.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

NZ107

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 am

Quoting Chrisba777er (Reply 14):
One wonders whether the QF codeshare might involve using QF metal to Aus and possibly adding HKG with a CX codeshare as well. Could do ok.

They could easily codeshare with CX via AKL seeing that they still fly to AKL.
It's all about the destination AND the journey.

LX138

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:59 am

Bizarre. Can't see it happening. Oneworld is more high-yield and slightly business traveller bias so I can't see them accepting an application from TN, even if they are a good airline.

I'd be surprised if even SkyTeam were that interested.

What next, Air Marshall Islands joining Star Alliance? (That's probably not far off actually!)
StarWorld Team - The ultimate airline alliance

ORDJOE

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 am

OW took AB which seems to be more of a leisure airline. I honesty did not know TN was looking for an alliance, I suppose not the biggest network but they do link up oceiana and have the lax to CDG flight. I would take them in.

sw733

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Hmmmm...I suddenly see Tahiti as a viable honeymoon option using my OneWorld miles  

MaverickM11

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Does oneworld know they've been chosen?

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 4):
Anyhow, Air Tahiti has severe social and financial problem and is grappling with staying alive at the moment.

Perfect for oneworld! 
I don't take responsibility at all

JAL

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Really great news!

Doesn't Air Tahiti have codeshare agreement with JAL?
Work Hard But Play Harder

Mortyman

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Quoting SurfandSnow (Reply 8):
oneworld's only link is that obscure LAN flight via Easter Island (not even sure who takes that flight).

Those who want to experience Easter Island ?

ORDJOE

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Quoting SW733 (Reply 19):
mmm...I suddenly see Tahiti as a viable honeymoon option using my OneWorld miles

You can use AA miles for TN flights, not sure about other OW members using miles on TN. I wonder if they join what this would do with AA's relationship with air pacific.

As for TN being a financial mess, isnt this another case of the government tossing money to keep this airline flying for prestige reasons.

eastern023

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Maybe that would give them the push just like QF to open SCL. Does LA still have the SCL-IPC-PPT flight? Could they drop it and have TN do the legwork?
AA will Rise Again!

blink182

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Quoting ORDJOE (Reply 23):
You can use AA miles for TN flights, not sure about other OW members using miles on TN. I wonder if they join what this would do with AA's relationship with air pacific.

Fiji and Tahiti are geographically distinct, and I don't know how much Aus/NZ-USA traffic TN connects, if any. Fiji and Tahiti's tourism boards may compete against each other, but I'm not sure FJ and TN are necessarily competitors given the high O&D leisure traffic they carry. Hence, I don't think codesharing with one precludes the other, as AA already exemplifies. Bear in mind that QF owns part of FJ.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

mercure1

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Newspaper link above retract its story.
http://www.lesnouvelles.pf/actu/air-tahiti-nui-dement

ATN put out this statement:

The Directorate General is the only authority within the company authorized and mandated by the Board to comment on the projects of the company. Any other source of information can not be judged neither formal nor faithful to the reality of ongoing cases. Negotiations are continuing on partnership projects with different airlines to lead to the formal signing of a comprehensive agreement, but no decision Partnership is confirmed.

There is a company board meeting scheduled today (April 4), so maybe more news after.

Local news says however interest in Oneworld was focused due to importance of US market, and it was believed AA would provide the most help at LAX, while also supporting Paris flight from LAX, while Delta/AF more interested in their own competing service.

Lets see!

Quoting papatango (Reply 2):

Yes I suppose.

Interesting thing is TN has long had a little bit of behind the scenes closeness with Delta. For example at startup, one of the initial America destinations was supposed to be Atlanta in partnership with Delta. Airline however only started with 1 A340 instead of 2, so they forget about ATL as result. However TN instead cooperate with Delta at LAX in utilize Delta LAX terminal and handling also.
Air France relationship was more out of practicality then real love. Airlines compete, but AF is clearly the king in a very important market for Polynesia, so maintain good terms with Air France was important.

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 6):

Well in fairness ATN has been in discussion about alliance for a little bit now, and it seems alliances have expresses some interest in them to indeed join.

We had thread last year
AirTahiti CEO Fired; Loss Doubles; Join Alliance (by mercure1 Nov 13 2011 in Civil Aviation)

is that obscure LAN flight via Easter Island (not even sure who takes that flight).

That obscure flight does good. Per civil aviation statistics in 2011 load factor was 81%. LA even increases frequency at times.

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 15):
I think it would help Tahitis tourism if one could stop enroute to Australia at PPT first. I mean QF & NZ used to serve PPT from the US to their respective homes, I think with these stop options people stopped coming.

Back in the day people visit Tahiti not always by first choice, but because the option was there as many planes had to stop. I'm not sure if passengers want to add stop if they don't have to now with so many nonstop options from America to Australia.

What i think might be worry actually with alliance is now if TN becomes OW, what happens people in Skyteam and Star loyal passengers. For example today on TN you can use both AA and DL miles. In future if its only OW, then maybe Skyteam and Star passengers opt less for Tahiti as option.

Quoting SW733 (Reply 19):
Hmmmm...I suddenly see Tahiti as a viable honeymoon option using my OneWorld miles

Yes visit. For once in lifetime experience its very unique, albeit expensive.

Quoting JAL (Reply 21):
Doesn't Air Tahiti have codeshare agreement with JAL?

TN has codeshares with Air France, Qantas, JAL, Air New Zealand, plus French railways SNCF.
mercure f-wtcc

Independence76

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:18 pm

I see TN fitting well into Oneworld, but unfortunately it doesn't add much more to the table except a pleasurable Pacific leisure destination. However, its current route structure would suggest they're an adequate alliance candidate for the void they want to fill, despite the size of it.

With TN currently in a financial struggle, joining an alliance would certainly be looked upon as management procrastination. Oneworld is already becoming known due to the fact that at least half of their carriers are in financial dilemmas. The most logical option to me would be for TN to replace their A343's for either A333's or A358's. Four engines per aircraft for such an airline is outdated and will eventually be unsustainable as fuel costs rise.

sw733

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 26):
Yes visit. For once in lifetime experience its very unique, albeit expensive.

Perks of traveling for a living - American Airlines miles and Hilton hotel points beyond my wildest dreams! Air and hotel would be completely covered...food and activities may be expensive, but they would be the only expenses.

Quoting Independence76 (Reply 27):
I see TN fitting well into Oneworld, but unfortunately it doesn't add much more to the table except a pleasurable Pacific leisure destination.

I think it will hurt TN. There will be a LOT of people who want to cash miles in on TN without having earned a single one (or spent a single dollar) on TN.

YULWinterSkies

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Quoting papatango (Reply 2):

Not necessarily. AF has a code share with QF on SIN-SYD as a continuation of their CDG-SIN service, as well as some code shares with JL on certain Japanese destinations out of CDG. No idea how miles work out, however.
When I doubt... go running!

roseflyer

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:43 pm

I am somewhat surprised that an airline with only 5 airplanes has joined an alliance. Is this the smallest airline in any of the major alliances?
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

kiwiandrew

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 30):
I am somewhat surprised that an airline with only 5 airplanes has joined an alliance. Is this the smallest airline in any of the major alliances?

They haven't joined an alliance...they have talked about their desire to join an alliance.. two very different things.

Viscount724

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 31):
Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 30):

They haven't joined an alliance...they have talked about their desire to join an alliance.. two very different things.

As others have said, TN is much too small for justify the expenses of alliance membership. All they need are targeted codeshares with certain carriers. I also can't see Oneworld having much if any interest in TN as a member.

cchan

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Quoting blink182 (Reply 25):
Fiji and Tahiti are geographically distinct, and I don't know how much Aus/NZ-USA traffic TN connects, if any. Fiji and Tahiti's tourism boards may compete against each other, but I'm not sure FJ and TN are necessarily competitors given the high O&D leisure traffic they carry. Hence, I don't think codesharing with one precludes the other, as AA already exemplifies. Bear in mind that QF owns part of FJ.

TN does market connecting flights AKL-LAX that do not require a stopover in PPT.

Fiji and Tahiti are very different tourism markets. In short, tourist who are rich go to Tahiti (or both), those less wealthy go to Fiji. Fiji and Tahiti have different local cultures, though most tourists just aim for the beaches.

The most logical option to me would be for TN to replace their A343's for either A333's or A358's. Four engines per aircraft for such an airline is outdated and will eventually be unsustainable as fuel costs rise.

I can't see TN replacing their 343 in the near future, not until they manage to find the funds to do so.

Mortyman

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Joining an aliance has it's perks for an airline I guess, but is'nt it also costly for an airline ?

olddominion727

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Keep in mind, TN also flies LAXCDG n/s (I think daily). I am taking them in Dec. It's the only flight that had any award seats left on it. This is the original TW slot (I think) AA bought from TW then sold it to TN... some years later when AA stopped their seasonal n/s service. I have never flown on a 340 of any variant before so this will be a treat (before they're scrapped by all carriers).

SuperCaravelle

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:09 pm

With the amount of water they cross, one can make a strong case for 4 engines, even though it might not be strictly necessary.

Air Tahiti Nui wants feed from the US and Australia. For them, an alliance would be beneficial. I cannot see any benefit for AA or QF though.

Also, I don't think the AF code share will be affected even when they join OneWorld.

RWA380

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Quoting olddominion727 (Reply 35):
Keep in mind, TN also flies LAXCDG n/s (I think daily). I am taking them in Dec. It's the only flight that had any award seats left on it. This is the original TW slot (I think) AA bought from TW then sold it to TN... some years later when AA stopped their seasonal n/s service.

An award for the LAX-CDG route authority would not have been sold or given to TN by an American carrier, TN is allowed their landing rights at LAX, from there they operate to France and a French Territory.

liftsifter

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Wow, OneWorld has been growing substantially lately, good for them! Great to see more access across the pacific for One World.
A300 A310 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A342 A343 A346 A380 B736 B737 B738 B744 B763 B77L B77E B77W B788 E190

Checo77

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:02 am

neworld's only link is that obscure LAN flight via Easter Island (not even sure who takes that flight)

The only obscure thing here is you. That flight is doing well and can well work if TN joins OW. Feeds to/from South America via LAN seem great.
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

eta unknown

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:05 am

Air Tahiti Nui chooses OneWorld... it's like that unwanted valentine's day card you get from someone you think is gross/creepy/nerdy... awkward!

Byrdluvs747
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:09 am

However TN instead cooperate with Delta at LAX in utilize Delta LAX terminal and handling also.

Incorrect. While I can't speak about ground handling, TN uses TBIT and not DL's T5.

From a LAX perspective, TN would function better with AA/OW. With the future connector between T4 and TBIT, connections between AA and TN will work better than with DL.

In future if its only OW, then maybe Skyteam and Star passengers opt less for Tahiti as option.

If one is looking to go to Tahiti, I seriously doubt that the lack of *A or ST miles will be a deterrent.

but AF is clearly the king in a very important market for Polynesia, so maintain good terms with Air France was important.

Yes there are historical ties to France, but AF's importance outside of France is questionable. TN and Tahiti need connections to other markets besides the those based on colonial ties.

Keep in mind, TN also flies LAXCDG n/s (I think daily).

Yes, thats also good for OW in LAX. Adding TN to the alliance would give OW another European nonstop in addition to BER, LHR, and MAD.

LAXintl

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 am

Quoting Byrdluvs747 (Reply 41):
Incorrect. While I can't speak about ground handling, TN uses TBIT and not DL's T5.

TN very much was at T-5. They launched in 1999 with service at T-5, and only moved to TBIT in more recent time. (circa 2004-2006'ish)

Since the start they had a chummy relationship with Delta, and as Mercure1 states Atlanta indeed was to have been one of TN's primary market in their launch business plan in cooperation with DL.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

mercure1

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:58 am

Quoting cchan (Reply 33):
TN does market connecting flights AKL-LAX that do not require a stopover in PPT.

Yes but only 2-3x week (depending on season) Not very exciting or strong market presence.

When TN flew to Australia hope was they would capture American transit passengers. Reality was Americans flew nonstop.

Keep in mind, TN also flies LAXCDG n/s (I think daily).

No only - 4-5x weekly now. Remember TN is loosing very much money, so they reduce flying schedule and withdraw 1 craft from usage.

Quoting SuperCaravelle (Reply 36):
Also, I don't think the AF code share will be affected even when they join OneWorld.

I can see AF being quite upset with TN. For those that follow aviation here in French Polynesia there was attempt for AF-TN to do a joint venture to reduce cost. Did not happen, but I dont think AF will not appreciate TN going to opposite alliance club now.

As Mr LAXintl say, yes TN was at Delta terminal to start with. From the first day, TN had friends with Delta.

If one is looking to go to Tahiti, I seriously doubt that the lack of *A or ST miles will be a deterrent.

With loss of Air NZ getting to FP on Star from Europe and America has been impossible virtually. Many people here speak about loss of the Air NZ customers (esp Americans).

Becoming fully OW partner might turn off other alliance passengers which previous could redeem miles on TN.

Yes there are historical ties to France, but AF's importance outside of France is questionable. TN and Tahiti need connections to other markets besides the those based on colonial ties.

France market is extremely important to Tahiti. Besides obvious trade and political links, French visitors represent virtually 50% of all traffic to FP. If link is broken, and visitors get reduced from France, that is a economic disaster for FP.
mercure f-wtcc

RWA380

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:08 am

Quoting Checo77 (Reply 39):
The only obscure thing here is you. That flight is doing well and can well work if TN joins OW. Feeds to/from South America via LAN seem great.

I could see people wanting to go SCL/LIM-IPC-PPT-AKL-SYD-SCL. Well, at least a few A.netters at least.

Byrdluvs747
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:35 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 42):
TN very much was at T-5. They launched in 1999 with service at T-5, and only moved to TBIT in more recent time. (circa 2004-2006'ish)

Since the start they had a chummy relationship with Delta, and as Mercure1 states Atlanta indeed was to have been one of TN's primary market in their launch business plan in cooperation with DL.
Quoting Mercure1 (Reply 43):
As Mr LAXintl say, yes TN was at Delta terminal to start with. From the first day, TN had friends with Delta.

Hmmm. I mistakenly read Mercure1's statement in present tense. My bad.    With that said, any cooperation between the two seems to have faded outside of any codeshares. Even the AA FFP partnership is stronger.

As things stand now with TN in LAX, OW would work better for them operationally. In turn, TN would provide OW with two new routes out of LAX.

Becoming fully OW partner might turn off other alliance passengers which previous could redeem miles on TN.

Airlines frequently codeshare on routes operated by opposing alliance carriers. Its not always an all or nothing situation. Just look at the QF-AF, AA-DL codeshares. UA should get in touch with TN to start a codeshare, if its that important for *A members.

I can see AF being quite upset with TN.... but I dont think AF will not appreciate TN going to opposite alliance club now.

With AF facing their own monetary issues and looking to cut 2 billion in costs, they're in no position to be dictating TN's path.

France market is extremely important to Tahiti. Besides obvious trade and political links, French visitors represent virtually 50% of all traffic to FP. If link is broken, and visitors get reduced from France, that is a economic disaster for FP.

Hence my statement about exploiting new markets. They have a flight to NRT, but nothing to KUL, or HKG.

JAL

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Has an announcement been made yet?
Work Hard But Play Harder

mercure1

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Air Tahiti Nui committe met. No big annoucement for international alliance. Seems primary topic has been discuss 2011 report which will be released in May when auditors complete.

Per questions of CEO after meeting answer is "negotiations still in progress".

There is one more meeting April(next Friday), then next meeting in May 2.

So things continue like normal. So blue skies in Tahiti but a red budget at TN

Quoting Byrdluvs747 (Reply 45):
Hence my statement about exploiting new markets. They have a flight to NRT, but nothing to KUL, or HKG.

Future focus is China. More more Chinese tourism travel and spending money in FP each year.

But French market still remain a primary importance due all the ties to between metropolitan France and its overseas territories.
mercure f-wtcc

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos