Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

phxa340

RE: Texas Senator Tells Airlines To Leave AA Alone

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 46):
She would be wise to leave it alone.

Personal opinion aside about Jan Brewer , of course she will say something. US employs 1,000s of employees in Tempe and Phx. I agree with you 100% though , Tempe is living on a prayer to keep HQ and will probably go to TX.

yeelep

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Quoting United727 (Reply 28):
Quoting BoeingGuy (Reply 9):
Or maybe the company that would buy AA would have their headquarters in Seattle.

I think you meant "CHICAGO"!!!  

Nah, Renton, WA. where Boeing Commercial Airplanes is headquartered. Didn't they start a little airline that eventually became UAL? 

LAXdude1023

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Quoting PHXA340 (Reply 50):
Personal opinion aside about Jan Brewer , of course she will say something. US employs 1,000s of employees in Tempe and Phx. I agree with you 100% though , Tempe is living on a prayer to keep HQ and will probably go to TX.

Thats why she is in a tough spot. The Arizona politicians have to walk the fine line of appearing to care about US and not pushing them to Texas.

Quoting ContnlEliteCMH (Reply 49):

Again, its nothing new. Politicians always pull this card when companies in their jurisdiction are threatened.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

zippyjet

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Quoting ContnlEliteCMH (Reply 49):

People Tired of Pompous Gasbags Bent upon Interfering with Affairs in Which They Have No Jurisdiction

I love it!    They (GOP) have to stir the kettle they call black. Remeber we are dealing with Texas.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve this message!

YYZAMS

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Quoting zippyjet (Reply 53):

lol

YEEHAAWWW!

Let's rustle up some longhorns and 6 shooters to stave off any of those unTexans from taking over our business! Big talkers from Texas.

LAXdude1023

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Quoting YYZAMS (Reply 54):
lol

YEEHAAWWW!

Let's rustle up some longhorns and 6 shooters to stave off any of those unTexans from taking over our business! Big talkers from Texas.
Quoting zippyjet (Reply 53):
I love it! They (GOP) have to stir the kettle they call black. Remeber we are dealing with Texas.

Glad to see the stereotypes are alive and well.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

PHX787

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 46):
She would be wise to leave it alone.

She will be wise to keep the two separated, or risk getting branded as someone who promotes job loss...
(personally, I do like Jan   lets just hope she makes the right choice here)
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

cargolex

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Quoting milesrich (Reply 37):
I imagine, that Howard Putnam, who is a consultant and speaker in Carlsbad, CA, and Harding Lawrence who has passed on, are not only smiling, but wondering where the politicians were when American was doing its best to destroy Braniff in 1981 & 1982.

I was thinking the very same thing.

...and that if you advocate for the "invisible hand of the market" you really shouldn't whine when it does things you really hate very now and then.

To be fair, some politicians in the DFW area did try to rally around BN in 1981-1982 in a manner not unlike the rhetoric of Senator Hutchison, but by then it was way too late. The political realm was very different then, however, as even though Reagan has been anointed as the anti-regulation patron saint, he actually had a relatively balanced approach to regulation and government involvement.

The reason people are being critical of Senator Hutchison is that she's essentially issuing a verbal demand that legitimate business stop trying to do that business, even though she's anti-regulation and anti-government involvement on the record.

If she'd never said those things, or didn't belong to a party that thrives on destroying regulation (among other things), it wouldn't be an issue. Her fellow Senator from Texas, however, is much, much worse.

[Edited 2012-04-17 16:11:26]

catiii
Topic Author

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Quoting zippyjet (Reply 48):
You can fudge/forge anything and that include his heinass's financial reports. I trust the past administration as much as if I would with Monopoly money with Bernie Madeoff in the house.

Ah, a black helicopter conspiracy theorist. Never mind then.

Quoting yeelep (Reply 51):
Nah, Renton, WA. where Boeing Commercial Airplanes is headquartered. Didn't they start a little airline that eventually became UAL?

Well they are one of the largest creditors, are they not?  

einsteinboricua

Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 am

I can just see them hiring Chris Crocker to do a "Leave AA Alone" video, complete with politicians also with eyeliner crying in the background.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

AirframeAS

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 am

That was at BFI, not RNT.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

YYZAMS

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:42 am

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 59):

That would be too funny!

joeman

Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:47 am

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 12):
Just another politician with an oversized sense of self importance.

Absolutely, just look at the fallout from the industry consolidation thus far which has left many markets either over-inflated for their size or the reverse (a.netter interpretation normally meaning right-sized).

The bi-product has been unemployment, cash spent on underutilized facilities, and a demotion to "small" market status for every downsized market in the eyes of the elite airline community, certainly only worthy of filling planes to support the endless expansion of some megahub. But somehow, that's OK depending upon a.netter and politician's favorite choice of nationwide locale.

yeelep

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 60):

That was at BFI, not RNT.

Corporate was across the street from BFI, Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) is headquartered in Renton at the Longacres site.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos