Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bcoz
Topic Author

WN Website Issues

Tue May 15, 2012 7:27 pm

I know that the technology issues facing WN have been documented and discussed here quite extensively, but I thought this warranted its own thread (couldn't find it elsewhere). For the third or fourth time in as many weeks, WN has had to apologize for Website issues on social media. Two of those times, I've been trying to book flights. I'm a big WN fan, but this is getting to be really annoying. These haven't been issues that have been resolved within minutes. These have been booking issues that have lasted hours.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have any thoughts on the particular IT issues that WN is dealing with?

I suppose this is more of a vent on my part than anything else. As I said... I really like WN's product and enjoy flying them.

phxa340

RE: WN Website Issues

Tue May 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Today it isn't working either for flight booking. I just had to book on US Airways, this is the third time this has happened. SWA fans might not like to hear it but the darling of the industry is becoming just like the rest.

Btw , they have a sale going on today for 32% off but you have to book online today only , the best part is you can't because the website booking part is down ! Bait and switch ?  

DesertAir

Tue May 15, 2012 8:15 pm

I finally was able to book a trip 1:15 PST after many attempts. I, too, thought the sell was generating a lot of traffic.

sw733

Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Quoting DesertAir (Reply 3):

I finally was able to book a trip 1:15 PST after many attempts. I, too, thought the sell was generating a lot of traffic.

My coworker told me she tried 15 minutes ago (1:35 PST) and it was still down for her. Has been all day.

Jetfixr757

Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Ever call 1800IFLYSWA that works!

spartanmjf

Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 pm

I just booked at 17:00 eastern, no problems......
"Nuts to the man in 21D!"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos