AM001
Topic Author

LAS T3 Opening Events

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:40 am

Well, we're [almost] there!

LAS' T3 will finally be open for business as of June 27.

As a reminder, AS, F9, B6, SY, VX, HA, UA, AM, AB, AC, OR, BA, DE, CM (inaugural date!), KE, PH, PR, WG, MT, VS, VB, Y4, WS and SE will all be moving in.

If you are around town, here are some dates to keep in mind:

- Saturday June 9, 10:00am to 4:00pm: Open House, no registration seems to be required (I called!). Just show up.  

- Wednesday June 13, 5:30pm to 8:30pm: Chamber/Art Mixer, by invitation only.   

- Wednesday June 27, 1:30pm to 7:00pm and Thursday June 28 from 7:00am to 6:30pm: Inaugural flights celebration. I assume spotters should be ready for water cannon salutes. I wonder whose will be the first flight in?   

- Wednesday June 27, the LVCVA will host its own party, invite only.   

All available info at www.mccarran.com

Finally, I guess there's no info on the implosion celebrations for T2 just yet (as it is the customary fate of old, useless, ugly, unattractive, nonfunctional, unfriendly, non-salvageable buildings in this town). But let me go ahead and say Goodbye, and good riddance!!!

Welcome, T3... it's been a long wait...

AM001
"Je vole car cela libere mon esprit de la tyrannie des choses insignifiantes" - St. Exupery

LV

RE: LAS T3 Opening Events

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:15 am

The airport is having an open house this Saturday. I am planning on going and shooting video. My hope is to have it on my YouTube channel later that night (the address is on my profile for anyone interested).

klkla

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:38 am

What are the plans for T2? Is anyone staying there?

compensateme

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:34 am

Quoting klkla (Reply 2):
What are the plans for T2? Is anyone staying there?

It's scheduled for demolition. Previous thread on the topic:
LAS T2 To Be Demolished (by vegasplanes Jun 16 2011 in Civil Aviation)
We don’t care what your next flight is.

chrisair

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:26 am

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. If I'm on AS, can I clear security at the current location (i.e. D gates) then take a train over? I didn't see a train link last week when I passed through, but I wasn't paying attention either.

Will the awful rental car bus system now make a second stop there, or will there be a dedicated bus route?

[Edited 2012-06-05 00:34:09]

dlramp4life

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 am

So Terminal 1 will be all WN? Airlines that are on the D concourse expect HA and UA will still have check in desks at Terminal 1?

blueflyer

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 am

Quoting chrisair (Reply 4):
I didn't see a train link last week when I passed through, but I wasn't paying attention either.

D concourse will be connected to terminal 3. UA and HA will still operate out of D but check-in and luggage retrieval are moving to the new terminal in August. I don't know whether the train will operate as soon as the new terminal opens, or whether it will wait for UA and HA to move.

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 5):
So Terminal 1 will be all WN?

No. D concourse is part of terminal 1. C concourse will be all WN, but that's no different than the current situation.

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 5):
Airlines that are on the D concourse expect HA and UA will still have check in desks at Terminal 1?

Yes.
All Hail King Donald

lasairlinerenth

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Awesome. Since I work at UNLV -- literally a stone's throw from McCarran -- I'll have to see if I can make it over there on Saturday to check out the new terminal.

Best,
Tony

chrisair

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 6):
I don't know whether the train will operate as soon as the new terminal opens, or whether it will wait for UA and HA to move.

Where are they going to put the train? Is it going to be in the D concourse station or somewhere else?

ha763

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:27 am

Quoting chrisair (Reply 8):
Where are they going to put the train? Is it going to be in the D concourse station or somewhere else?

The map in the media guide shows the train going from the middle of Terminal 3 straight to the side of D facing Terminal 3. The tram from Terminal 3 will have a separate stop from the Terminal 1 tram. The picture below shows the area straight across from the escalators in the lower level of D walled off with a temporary wall and that is the side that faces Terminal 3.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/2011/jan/03/100859/

AM001
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 6):
D concourse will be connected to terminal 3. UA and HA will still operate out of D but check-in and luggage retrieval are moving to the new terminal in August.

So wait, UA and HA will continue to be operated out of T1-D, but airport services will be on T3? Permanently? or is this a temporary arrangement (meaning they will end up moving full ops to T3 eventually)?

I believe LAS was whining about insufficient international capacity, and with T2 having 8 gates, and T3 14, it wouldn't be much of an increase if UA/HA were moving ops to T3... UA has substantial ops in LAS.

If it's permanent, it now makes much more sense to me. However, I can only imagine that this arrangement will be a pain for pax (T3 being substantially farther from the D gates than the D gates from T1 security check-points). So then, why move? it's not like check-in in T1 is over capacity, is it?

I also confirmed that the United Club will remain in the D Gates. Bummer for DL and our hopes of getting a Sky Club there...
"Je vole car cela libere mon esprit de la tyrannie des choses insignifiantes" - St. Exupery

ha763

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:21 am

Quoting AM001 (Reply 10):
So wait, UA and HA will continue to be operated out of T1-D, but airport services will be on T3? Permanently?

They are only moving check-in counters and baggage to T3. LAS wants to split D operations between T1 and T3 to reduce congestion at T1.

I believe LAS was whining about insufficient international capacity, and with T2 having 8 gates, and T3 14, it wouldn't be much of an increase if UA/HA were moving ops to T3... UA has substantial ops in LAS.

The overall capacity of T2 is what is lacking. The check-in lobby is tiny. The last time I flew out of T2, it was late afternoon and they had stop people from going up to the screening area because it was backed up with pax mostly from VS and HA (my flight). The Customs facility is inadequate to handle all widebody flights that come in. Plus, not all the gates at T2 are connected to Customs.

However, I can only imagine that this arrangement will be a pain for pax (T3 being substantially farther from the D gates than the D gates from T1 security check-points). So then, why move? it's not like check-in in T1 is over capacity, is it?

How is T1 closer to D than T3? Just measuring from the T1 tram station, T1 about twice as far from D than T3 is from D.

lasbagman

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:10 am

I work in T2 and one thing that has not been addressed is that even though T3 is large and beautiful, CBP is NOT adding additional staff. Wait times in immigration will not change except that it's in a new facility.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos