Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LimaFoxTango

RE: The Valley - Caribbean Aviation Thread 99

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Quoting BW424 (Reply 49):
As other posters have mentioned, AXA have managed to carve out an extremely high premium niche that they seem bent on preserving.

AXA is also taking advantage of the large private aircraft traffic into SXM during the busy season. They are building a new ramp area which will nbecome a new FBO where private jets will be parked. AXA attracts a lot of persons with the big bucks rather than the conventional budget traveller.

Quoting BW424 (Reply 49):
What a very interesting statement...hmm

Care to elaborate?  
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.

N312RM

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks for the picture BW424, very sad.

caribbean484

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 am

Quoting lucianflyboy (Reply 8):

Hey dude, was doing some research on the topic and here is an answer

Opposition Wants Explanation On AA Flip-Flop
"The former prime minister said he had reason to believe that the funds are being extracted from the Airport Development Tax which was introduced during last year by his United Workers Party administration, which had accumulated close to US$10 million."
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20120611/business/business2.html

All ah we is one family

817Dreamliiner

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 am

Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 52):

Is that last picture of LGH? its pretty much completely burned out! wow!

Thanks for sharing those 484.

[Edited 2012-06-11 22:06:12]
Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

caribbean484

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 am

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 53):

No probs man, yeah that's her pretty much completely burnt.
All ah we is one family

andrefranca

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 am

poor acft, RIP! I wonder if it will be a huuuuge blow on already hurt LI ? or maybe someone is waiting to touch the insurance $$$ ?

baje427

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am

Wow all that shows an aircraft was there are the remains of the engine given the aircraft was in a C check I assume LI schedule would have already been modified for the period in addition, its not the peak winter season so things are a bit slower.

LimaFoxTango

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 56):

LI's summer scheduled begins on July 8th and this aircraft would've been ready for then. It will be a great hit to the operation because LI run's a pretty tight schedule during the summer. The bigger hit will be the reduced ability to maintain an aircraft in quick time if one goes to tech.

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 53):

Yup, that's whats left of it. You can see part of the wing still attached to the starboard engine.

Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 52):

Here's a little tidbit for you guys. That aircraft in the second photo is the derelict remains of V2-LCY which was the second Dash 8 LI received. It retired at the young age of 40,000 cycles, before Dehavilland/Bombardier introduced the extended life program. I stand corrected, but I believe that was the first Dash 8 to hit that mark worldwide.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Propfreak

baje427

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Interesting is the frame being used for parts? remeber the days when the Dash was new and flying alongside the Avros.

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 57):
Here's a little tidbit for you guys. That aircraft in the second photo is the derelict remains of V2-LCY which was the second Dash 8 LI received. It retired at the young age of 40,000 cycles, before Dehavilland/Bombardier introduced the extended life program. I stand corrected, but I believe that was the first Dash 8 to hit that mark worldwide.

817Dreamliiner

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 58):

Well its been sitting there as long as can remember so i guess its being used for parts.
Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

LimaFoxTango

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 58):
Interesting is the frame being used for parts? remeber the days when the Dash was new and flying alongside the Avros.

Indeed it was used for parts for many years, but I think by now they've gotten all they can from it.

baje427

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Just for those interested all RD aircraft have now left BGI to be flown to the states where there are to be sold.

BW985

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Does anyone know what is going on with the audit mentioned in this article?

http://www.newsday.co.tt/businessday/0,161754.html

Inbound

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Quoting BW985 (Reply 62):
Does anyone know what is going on with the audit mentioned in this article?

http://www.newsday.co.tt/businessday....html

985, from what I understand, the audit isn't suppose to begin until the first week in July. Then I'm not sure how long it will take.
Maintain own separation with terrain!

LimaFoxTango

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:39 am

Caribbean Airlines London service takes off today

The inaugural flight of Caribbean Airlines’ Limited (CAL) to London takes off today as flight BW 902 at 7.15pm using the B-767 aircraft. Checks revealed that the aircraft is 60 per cent booked with tickets costing about TT $7000 but with hours to go before take off there are vacant seats in all classes.

Garvin Nicholas T&T’s High Commissioner to London, will not be attending the inaugural ceremony at Gatwick airport, London. In an interview with the Guardian, Nicholas said he was aware the flight was scheduled to arrive on Friday. “CAL decided to have a low-keyed reception since they are probably concentrating on service first, once up and running they would look toward having major celebrations,” he said.

Sources at CAL said the celebrations were “cut back” and the ceremony would be conducted by the marketing department of the airline. Guardian also understands no other dignitaries will be attending the ceremony. Ramesh Lutchmedial, Director General of Civil Aviation said there were no issues with the B-767 aircraft that CAL plans to use for the route. Lutchmedial added that routine checks were done yesterday and more would be done today (Thursday) before the flight leaves for London. He said the checks include a physical inspection of the aircraft.

Wayne Rodriguez, president of the Travel Agents Association of T&T said he was not surprised that the flight is not sold out. Rodriguez said CAL needed to rebuild the London route therefore, in the beginning the load will be low. He is hopeful that Olympics 2012 would be able to assist in building an interest for the destination as the overall travel market continues to remain low.

Opposition Leader, Dr Keith Rowley said: “This is an ill-conceived expansion and it has no sustainable future, but to be a reimposed drain on the Treasury at a time of chronic budgey deficits. I guess it will continue until once again we will come to a point where we can stand the haemorrhaging no more.” How profitable would this route be for CAL?

According to www.centreforaviation.com: “While Trinidad and Tobago has a larger share of business traffic (than Jamaica), it seems risky to launch such an expensive long-haul proposition after attempts by Air Jamaica and Caribbean’s predecessor BWIA to operate transatlantic flights were less than stellar. British Airways, with an extensive feeder network, is already entrenched in the London Gatwick-Port of Spain route, offering daily flights through a stop-over in St Lucia.

Caribbean is already starting out unreliably, having altered its schedule after encountering certification obstacles that should have been factored into its launch plans.” In November 2006, the announcement was made that the airline would trade in its Heathrow spots to British Airways in favour of a code-sharing agreement with British Airways to Gatwick.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2...irlines-london-service-takes-today

westindian425

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:51 am

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 64):
He said the checks include a physical inspection of the aircraft.

Physical inspections are done before and after every flight! That's nothing special. lol!
God did not create aircraft pilots to be on the ground

aa1818

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:43 pm

http://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2...rop-london-route-if-it-loses-money

So who's really running the airline!!??
The Minister of Transportation?
The new(ly) (politically) appointed Chairman? or
The CEO (Ag.)?

The PP Government has turned Caribbean Airlines into a laughing stock.
I'm fed up with the nonsense.

What is the last line about flying Tobago to New York?!? Don't CAL fly that once a week? or was that discontinued?

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

BW985

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 66):
http://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2...rop-london-route-if-it-loses-money

Maharaj does not seem realize that no-one will book these flights when you make such statements to the press...

A388

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Quoting westindian425 (Reply 65):
Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 64):
He said the checks include a physical inspection of the aircraft.

Physical inspections are done before and after every flight! That's nothing special. lol!

It becomes special if the inspectors of the TT CAA aren't qualified to do checks on the 767. I can imagine that the delay of this audit might also be due to the TT CAA inspectors not being qualified yet to audit/inspect the 767. It is a new aircraft type for them as well.

A388

baje427

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Is CAL still going to run the 767 on LGW-BGI everything seems so low keyed at this point could CAL exit the agreement with the 767?

A388

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 69):
Is CAL still going to run the 767 on LGW-BGI everything seems so low keyed at this point could CAL exit the agreement with the 767?

I don't think Caribbean Airlines can back out of their 767 agreement without (very) heavy penalties. Same goes for their ATR72-600's unless they find other suitors for these agreements.

A388

LimaFoxTango

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:09 pm

LIAT releases estimate of losses

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua, June 14, 2012 – Based on currently available information, LIAT estimates that insured losses from the June 10, 2012 fire at its hangar at the V.C. Bird International Airport will be approximately EC$35 million.

The June 10, 2012 fire destroyed one of the company’s Dash 8–300 aircraft (V2 LGH), a hangar and two office buildings.

http://www.nationnews.com/articles/v.../liat-releases-estimate-of-losses/

First thing I said to myself when I read the release was "that's all?" The cost of the aircraft itself is clearly not in this tally as the aircraft was not owned by LIAT. However, EC$35M or US$12.9M seems seriously undervalued as to what was lost. I understand 4 or 5 engines were lost at US$1M a pop. Alot of tools and equipment were also lost. I know a dollar value can't be placed on documents and records, but I hope LI management knows what they're doing with this.

Gonsalves to St Lucia: Fast-track decision

KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent, June 14, CMC – St Vincent and the Grenadines, one of three main shareholder-governments in the regional airline, LIAT, has called on St Lucia to fast-track its decision to invest in the airline in the wake of millions of dollars in fire losses and a weaker-than-anticipated investment from a fourth government.

Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves, back from attending the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States told journalists here has asked his St Lucian counterpart, Dr. Kenny Anthony to fast-track the decision, even as Dominica said it will next week give half of what it intends to invest in LIAT. The Vincentian leader would not reveal the amount of the investment.

“I call my friend Kenny Anthony to speed up the decision-making because he had said they had that under review,” Gonsalves said.

See full article: http://www.nationnews.com/articles/v...s-to-st-lucia-fast-track-decision/

Good to see Dominica making an effort to support LI and I hope St. Lucia does the same.

BWIA 772

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 66):

I am going to say between the chairman and the minister. CAL has unfortunately become a political football and as a result ignorance will ensue.

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 71):
Good to see Dominica making an effort to support LI and I hope St. Lucia does the same.

This is quite sad actually. Sure LI gets equity but what is the true cost of this equity? I would like to see the strings that these equity injections are coming with.

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

LimaFoxTango

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Gov't of Dominica will be investing EC$8 million dollars into LI, half of which would be paid within a week or two. Not a particularly large amount, but hey, better than nothing. I hope the "strings" attached will be proper accountability and management skills rather than ridiculous requests for flights at odd times.

[Edited 2012-06-16 16:48:01]

guyanam

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Quoting BW985 (Reply 67):

Well a man wrote in the Guardian blog of his plans to use BA foir Xmas as he cant risk fiunding out in NOv that the route is canceled. This is what happens when those who dont know how to run a business are allowed to do so. HE does have a right to monitor the route. What he doesnt have a right to do is to say so publicly, undermining confidence.

A388

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Quoting guyanam (Reply 74):

Well a man wrote in the Guardian blog of his plans to use BA foir Xmas as he cant risk fiunding out in NOv that the route is canceled. This is what happens when those who dont know how to run a business are allowed to do so. HE does have a right to monitor the route. What he doesnt have a right to do is to say so publicly, undermining confidence.

It is indeed very strange to say right after the opening ceremony of a route that the same route will be dropped if it doesn't perform well. That doesn't give passengers a lot of confidence in the route. Let's see how it will perform...

A388

baje427

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:33 pm

I agree such comments do not inspire confidence has anyone here had the chance to fly on CAL ATR? how have you found them?. Noticed the Q300 is back on the BGI runs any reason why.

Quoting A388 (Reply 75):

aa1818

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 76):
I agree such comments do not inspire confidence has anyone here had the chance to fly on CAL ATR? how have you found them?. Noticed the Q300 is back on the BGI runs any reason why.

I've flown on the ATR a few times between POS and TAB and love it!
Very comfortable, no noticeable difference in travel time. Seats are more comfortable.
Overall passenger experience is much improved. I don't know if I like boarding at the rear though.

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

817Dreamliiner

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey guys

Im currently in ANU about watch my BA flight take off  ive got lots of pics so look out for a trip report!

baje427

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Will be looking for the trip report considering you guys on the forum take a fair amount of trips we should have more Caribbean trip reports

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 78):

baje427

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Nice I travelled on the Q300 when they were brand newI found them nice at the time question did they do a manual safety demo or was it done on the lcd screens?

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 77):

817Dreamliiner

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Quoting baje427 (Reply 79):

Very true, made a special effort to take a good amount of pics ( ended up with 109!), Also I need to add, theres a bit of a surprise on the ANU-MNI leg    Ill try to work on it tonight, but hopefully it'll be all done by tomorrow.

andrefranca

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 81):
Also I need to add, theres a bit of a surprise on the ANU-MNI leg

Another route not being ANU , SKB ? I'm waiting for that! 

817Dreamliiner

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Quoting andrefranca (Reply 82):

Another route not being ANU , SKB ? I'm waiting for that! 

Well its quite a longish report (in terms of pics, 109! might be trimmed down), but lets just say its something not worth refusing 

baje427

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Will be looking forward to your report.

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 83):

BW424
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 75):
It is indeed very strange to say right after the opening ceremony of a route that the same route will be dropped if it doesn't perform well. That doesn't give passengers a lot of confidence in the route. Let's see how it will perform...

Well, with these pack of jokers, anything is possible. I'm not surprised that he made that comment on an opening. He isn't one of the brightest out there....actually he's one of the dumbest. To add to that, remember the LGW route, though under study by CAL for some time, was a political popularity show. They wanted to score cheap political points for the unpopular closing of the LHR route by BWIA. Now realizing that the route just cannot be sustained in this economic climate at the moment along with all the other issues facing CAL, he's just attempting to cover his shallow bases; so that when the route is cut, he can say, "I told you so". They know the route is going to be a cash-burner, but just don't want to outright acknowledge this in order to save political face.

My prediction..........LGW will operate for the Olympics period and Hajj (as the Minister recklessly made commitments to transport Muslims to RUH); couple flights for Christmas and then that will be the end of this pipedream. Now, CAL will have 2 B763s on their hands that they'll have to do their best at deploying efficiently and profitably. Shouldn't be too much of an issue with the return of probably 1 B738. It's just that having a sub-fleet of just a couple aircraft is very inefficient for a small airline such as CAL.
It is what we think we know already that prevents us from learning.......

guyanam

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Quoting BW424 (Reply 85):

Assuming that the route continues as a 2-3X/week POZS LGW nonstop they will have to redeploy the 767 on their JFK route. I assume that means nonstop YYZ GEO and that the use of Omni during peak periods will be vastly reduced.

trintocan

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:41 pm

It is very sad to hear of the hangar fire at LI which destroyed one of their Dash 8 300s. For an airline which has been struggling so much of late it is a major blow. The irony of it all is that within a few days 3 turboprops were burnt out across the world, namely an OK ATR in a hangar fire in PRG and a Wasaya HS-748 in northern Canada and of course the LI plane. Sympathies for all at LI (and the other two companies) after these unfortunate occurrences.

Quoting A388 (Reply 75):

A388

Put simply, that's the quickest way of driving passengers away from your route. Anybody who says anything like that has no idea of how business works. Also, cancellation of the route will have major financial repercussions in terms of the leases of the 767s brought in to fly the services needing to be cancelled, the considerable outlay involved in starting the services and so on. Maybe someone forgot to do his / her homework last night?

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 71):
Gonsalves to St Lucia: Fast-track decision

KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent, June 14, CMC – St Vincent and the Grenadines, one of three main shareholder-governments in the regional airline, LIAT, has called on St Lucia to fast-track its decision to invest in the airline in the wake of millions of dollars in fire losses and a weaker-than-anticipated investment from a fourth government.

Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves, back from attending the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States told journalists here has asked his St Lucian counterpart, Dr. Kenny Anthony to fast-track the decision, even as Dominica said it will next week give half of what it intends to invest in LIAT. The Vincentian leader would not reveal the amount of the investment.

“I call my friend Kenny Anthony to speed up the decision-making because he had said they had that under review,” Gonsalves said.

That's sensible thinking. That SLU and DOM are helping LI, certainly the largest seat providers to both nations, with financial input to keep them going at this most critical time for them is a step in the right direction. SLU seems to have seen the light about paying huge subsidies to foreign airlines who may still turn around and cut routes if they do not bring in the revenue they want. While in some situations such support may be warranted the Islands' coffers are not exactly flush these days and taking precious money away from local schools, roads, hospitals and the like to add to the balance sheets of companies based overseas is shortsighted to say the least. With LI, who provide links to nearby Islands, they are indeed an important local service provider and deserve support.

I really hope things improve at new BW, it's very unfortunate to see what is happening. Please remember that the ICAO audit of TTCAA is ongoing - as is the investigation into the GEO crash last year. The results of these are not only potentially very interesting to hear but one wonders what changes could be brought about as a result of these.

Trintocan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

817Dreamliiner

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Quoting andrefranca (Reply 82):
Quoting baje427 (Reply 84):

As promised heres my trip report it includes the surprise but you have to read to the end:

Uni's Over! MAN-LGW-ANU-MNI On BA And SVG Air (by 817Dreamliiner Jun 19 2012 in Trip Reports)

Hope you guys enjoy it!

A388

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 88):
Hope you guys enjoy it!

Excellent report 817Dreamliiner. I posted on your trip report.

It's sad indeed to see the LGW route of Caribbean Airlines going as it is now. Those 767 leases must indeed be expensive and probably they cannot bail out without significant penalties (same as those ATR's). I hope everything will be back in shape again sooner, rather than later.

Cheers,

A388

baje427

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:26 pm

For those of you in T&T given the current pullout of the MSJ from government what implicaions would this have on the T&t government. I dont think CAL will flourish under the current political regime from the changes we have seen.

andrefranca

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:10 am

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 88):

Once again congrats for the TR! I'm feeling a bit jealous!  
Quoting trintocan (Reply 87):
That's sensible thinking. That SLU and DOM are helping LI, certainly the largest seat providers to both nations

I might no be a fan of LIAT because of their bad service, but if EC islands don't support them? who'll be providing airlift between the islands?

beeweel15

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:02 am

Quoting andrefranca (Reply 91):
I might no be a fan of LIAT because of their bad service, but if EC islands don't support them? who'll be providing airlift between the islands?

CAL would step in

BE77

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:14 am

Quoting beeweel15 (Reply 92):
CAL would step in

Even during a good time for BW, many might suggest that they were not the answer to the question posed.

On the interisland trips, BW has cancelled, left me several hours late, and / or missing connections about 1/4 of the time in the past year or so - about the same as during a bad year with LI.
This doesn't include the absolutely weird 90 mnutes hanging out in the KIN immigration area last month for a CAL rep / escort for the odd in transit process (thankfully the KIN immigration guy was top notch and did a LOT more than he needed to to try to get us through the system, up to but not quite exceeding the limit of what any reasonable law would say was allowed...the irony of this is not lost on me - an immigration guy providing above and beyond service and support while the service provider was asleep at the switch - PS - that immigration guy did wonders to make up for the full meal deal I got from KIN immigration / customs last time I went through there a few years ago on a biz trip).

Back on track with airlift to replace LI - for sure BW could replace a lot of the lift, but there are some routes that I think they do with the DH8's that probably rarely go out full - but make some sense in terms of network and incremental use of the existing fleet. Some of those would probably be of little interest to BW which is generally running larger equipement and maxed out on the ability (or desire) to add either DH8 or ATR's.
So if LI were to drop out of the picture, there are some desitnations that are going to be looking for service and may well see much smaller airlines and aircraft (BN-2, DH6, C208, B1900, etc.). Alternatively, the destinations might pay $$$ to subsidize someone larger - an option I believe is wrong for just so many reasons but which I accept is well within the rights of taxpayers to fund if that is the government option they chose.
Tower, Affirmitive, gear is down and welded

817Dreamliiner

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 89):
Excellent report 817Dreamliiner. I posted on your trip report.
Once again congrats for the TR! I'm feeling a bit jealous!  
Q

Thanks guys! And andrefranca, I hope you get lucky as I did whenever you decide on coming to MNI.

andrefranca

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:05 am

Quoting BE77 (Reply 93):
Even during a good time for BW, many might suggest that they were not the answer to the question posed.

not wanting to offend beeweel15, BW is in shambles, I WILL BE HONESTLY SURPRISED if they make it to Q4 2013.

LimaFoxTango

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:24 am

CAL would step in

What a joke.

baje427

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Is there any update on the ATR or Q400 proposed for LI?

guyanam

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:13 pm

_

If LI collapses BW will cherry pick the routes that suit them and service in the northern part of LIATs network will suffer greatly. There is absolutely no way that the OECS will allow any entity based in Trinidad to determine their level of air service.

In any case after the KIN fiasco BW will be loathe to undertake any new adventures beyond their POS base.

2travel2know2

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:18 pm

US-Suriname initial open skies agreement From www.state.gov - Not in Nederlaans   

Would this mean that AA may fly B737-800 MIA-PBM 2-3 times per week soon?
I'm not on CM's payroll.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos