smi0006

RE: Indian Aviation Thread # 99

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:40 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 47):

It looks like AI has dropped the reverse triangle Australia route.

Here's the new schedule:

AI 312 DEL 0140 SYD 1915/2045 MEL 2215 787/77L/77W D
AI 311 MEL 2345 DEL 655+1 787/77L/77W D

This clears up the crew rest issues which would have been created by the reverse triangle routing, and also leaves ample space for a DEL-LHR-DEL run in between, allowing 787 the whole way on the Kangaroo route.

Interesting route plan. When is this route due to commence? Am I reading correctly that the route will be operated by all three aircraft types on different days? Will compete nicely with SQ and EK out of Australia with regard to Indian domestic connections! Exciting I hope the route goes through this time!

karan69

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:34 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 48):
've posted before, DEL would be a phenomenal geographic location for a hub. Due to the far higher O&D traffic than DXB/DOH/AUH, it would have a HUGE advantage hubbing from SE Asia and Australia to Europe. But AI needs to set up the connections and manage the experience.

They kind of had done that with Connections within 1.5 hrs to 3 hrs to most major cities in India , especially once t3 operations began

LHR/BKK/HKG/FRA/CDG/ORD/JFK/SIN

All connected very well to the domestic bank at T3

But then AI being AI they have to screw things up first by never managing Star Alliance , then the IC vs AI pilot debate wrt the 787 training's, and finally a seemingly never ending pilot strike

By the time they manage to cover long lost ground the EKs QRs will have run away with the market

Karan

HAWK21M

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:50 am

So is 19th August at DEL for the B787 Accurate......
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

lightsaber

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Ok, is the Indian busy or lean airline quarter coming up? I've read sources saying a busy quarter is coming and others saying a lean quarter. Which is it?

Quoting JOYA380B747 (Reply 49):
Owners of AI, if with any brains, should see this as an amazing opportunity to get back long lost ground, especially when no domestic carrier would have such similar offering for at least 6 months from now....

But will AI execute?

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 51):
They kind of had done that with Connections within 1.5 hrs to 3 hrs to most major cities in India , especially once t3 operations began

"Kind of" isn't good enough. The connecting experience must be managed from a time and experience perspective. The new DEL facilities give AI a good chance. But I haven't seen AI/DEL bring the connecting experience to the level of DXB/DOH/AUH. Connecting passengers will not care if it is AI or EK/EY/QR. To them it is the experience. However, due to DEL's higher O&D than DXB/DOH/AUH, a hub is waiting to be built there.   

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 51):
By the time they manage to cover long lost ground the EKs QRs will have run away with the market

The competition isn't static. AI and 9W both need to pick up their pace for adapting. Only 6E, among the Indian airlines, seems to be as nimble and as 'numbers run' as EK. One reason EK is so competitive is that they know where customers want to go so they expand accordingly. While EK occasionally makes mistakes, they have tended to react quickly by expanding routes doing well or contracting/cancelling routes that were in trouble. (e.g., DXB-LAX just wasn't paying for the 2nd daily.)

In particular, AI will need to use the 787s to good advantage. At this point, we need *any* Indian airline to join an alliance. IIRC, IT was claiming an alliance should boost revenue 8%; too little to do them any good now.  

AI has a short window before the new DOH airport allows QR to expand rapidly. With the NEO, QR will be able to serve more of Europe. Perhaps with more frequency allowing for very convenient connections.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

aeroblogger
Topic Author

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 52):
So is 19th August at DEL for the B787 Accurate......

Delivery to take place at the end of this week, so that wouldn't surprise me.

Quoting smi0006 (Reply 50):
Interesting route plan. When is this route due to commence? Am I reading correctly that the route will be operated by all three aircraft types on different days? Will compete nicely with SQ and EK out of Australia with regard to Indian domestic connections! Exciting I hope the route goes through this time!

No, the flight will be operated primarily by one of those 3 aircraft. AI has not yet disclosed which, although it is pretty much guaranteed to be the 787.
Airports 2012: IXE HYD DEL BLR BOM CCU KNU KTM BKK SIN ICN LAX BUR SFO PHX IAH ORD EWR PHL PVD BOS FRA MUC IST

buck3y3nut

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Wishing you all a Happy Independence Day!!!

bizmark03

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Ethopian just took the delivery of their first 787, becoming the first operator out of Japan. I bet the guys at AI are thinking "mera number kab aayega?"

BLRAviation

Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Quoting spink (Reply 41):

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 39):
However, the open skies with the USA over-rides that limit. So there just needs to be a US A380 operator.

So what you are saying is that LH needs to "wet lease" a 380 to UA?

However, please check the open-skies agreement, it will specify flights between India and the USA.
I am on Twitter @BLRAviation

aeroblogger
Topic Author

Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 57):
However, please check the open-skies agreement, it will specify flights between India and the USA.

EWR-FRA-DEL is a flight between USA and India...
Airports 2012: IXE HYD DEL BLR BOM CCU KNU KTM BKK SIN ICN LAX BUR SFO PHX IAH ORD EWR PHL PVD BOS FRA MUC IST

lightsaber

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 57):

Do you have a link? I would assume the US has 5th freedom rights. They certainly have rights with a stop.

But this is just a.net fodder. I doubt a US airline will operate the A380 in the short term. In the long term, the GoI might allow the A380.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

BLRAviation

Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:39 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 58):
EWR-FRA-DEL is a flight between USA and India...
Quoting lightsaber (Reply 59):
Do you have a link? I would assume the US has 5th freedom rights. They certainly have rights with a stop.

This will require a lawyer to interpret properly. http://dgca.nic.in/bilateral/usa_asa.pdf but it appears there is no restriction on the aircraft. However, what type of stop needs a careful reading. I am sure it will allow a technical stop, but not of the nature Rohit suggested i.e. EWR-FRA-DEL where tickets can be sold for either or both segments.

If that was the case, all Indian carriers would operate BOM-LHR-JFK/ORD/EWR/LAX/SFO. Trans-Atlantic LHR to North America is a gold mine.

But an A380 can easily fly the non-stop route. Economics though will be the limiting factor.

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 59):
But this is just a.net fodder. I doubt a US airline will operate the A380 in the short term. In the long term, the GoI might allow the A380.

By and large US carriers just cannot compete with their Asian, Gulf and European counterparts in either the cabin product nor the quality of service. Given the vast numbers of traffic both professional and VFR, how is it we see no US carrier in DEL and only one service of CO/UA, DL/NW at BOM. No US, AA.

Also, I do not think, US airlines think themselves capable of filling a VLA anymore. I think NW is the only 747 operator in North America now? I was very amused at the brouhaha created by Flight and other US media when AA announced its first B77W order, years after most airlines around the world were already operating it.

karan69

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:18 am

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 60):
how is it we see no US carrier in DEL and only one service of CO/UA, DL/NW at BOM. No US, AA.

UA/CO do operate a non stop from EWR to DEL which gets tremendously good loads owing to its connections

The market might not seem as profitable to the airlines as it was once tought just look at the recent events

AA pulling out of ORD-DEL

DL stopping its non-stop service from JFK/ATL to BOM [there was a time it operated the non-stop from ATL/JFK as well as the one stop via AMS}

AI's USA routes especially those to ORD/JFK are one of its largest loss makers

9W pulling out of India-JFK market

Clearly the market does not seem as profitable or both the Indian and American carriers dont know how to do business on the sector , i believe its a combination of the two

I think NW is the only 747 operator in North America now?

Dont forget UA

Karan

HAWK21M

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 am

aeroblogger
Topic Author

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 pm

This will require a lawyer to interpret properly. http://dgca.nic.in/bilateral/usa_asa.pdf but it appears there is no restriction on the aircraft. However, what type of stop needs a careful reading. I am sure it will allow a technical stop, but not of the nature Rohit suggested i.e. EWR-FRA-DEL where tickets can be sold for either or both segments.

DL flies JFK-AMS-BOM, and 9W flies via BRU... I don't see why EWR-FRA-DEL wouldn't be permitted.

Also, I do not think, US airlines think themselves capable of filling a VLA anymore. I think NW is the only 747 operator in North America now? I was very amused at the brouhaha created by Flight and other US media when AA announced its first B77W order, years after most airlines around the world were already operating it.

DL and UA are the 2 744 operators in the US.

lightsaber

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:21 pm

This will require a lawyer to interpret properly. http://dgca.nic.in/bilateral/usa_asa.pdf

some is clear:
section 2.5 Allows transfer between aircraft of passengers. e.g., DEL-FRA-EWR and BOM-FRA-IAD could scissor hub.

Article 8 bullet 7 allows code sharing. But there is a clause 'hold the appropriate authority' for the 3rd party. So I'm not sure if UA wet leased an A380 if they would be allowed to take on LH passengers at FRA. I believe the US based airlines still have a right to take on German passengers at FRA, thus UA could fill planes from FRA, as I interpret the agreement, but code sharing could be an issue.

Thank you for the link.

Lightsaber

JOYA380B747

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Quoting karan69 (Reply 61):
UA/CO do operate a non stop from EWR to DEL which gets tremendously good loads owing to its connections

Which seems very surprising to me considering the EWR-DEL non stop tickets are exorbitantly high. Its economy fares rival AI and some LH business class fares btwn India-US

Clearly the market does not seem as profitable or both the Indian and American carriers dont know how to do business on the sector , i believe its a combination of the two

Whilst Mid-eastern and European airlines are taking away the Lion's share of this market, how convenient!!
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

spink

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Part of the issue at least for biz travel is that a large portion of that market is geographically located such that non-stops are all ULH flights (west coast and texas to BOM/BLR/etc). LH and others have fairly optimized schedules such that the total flight time is ~2-3 hours longer than a non-stop and allows a reasonable break to stretch legs etc during the stop over. There are only a handful of planes that could do the high RASM flights and even on those the CASM would be high (SFO-BLR on a 772LR or 345 HGW). For most of the biz travelers, going via FRA/BRU/LHR is a better and cheaper option than doing a US domestic legs, then NYC-DEL/BOM, then likely a Indian domestic leg. Once you consider that UA gets a decent amount of the revenue via LH to india, it makes little sense for them not to rely on their close partner for the scissor portion of the flight.

JOYA380B747

Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:32 am

Found this,

Govt backs AI: Can’t make money, won’t let others try either

Quote:

Quote:
"Months after the government decided to end Air India’s monopoly on select international routes and threw them open to private Indian carriers, the state-owned airline is hoping to regain this privilege through the back door and get the first choice to fly these routes."

This is ridiculous, can they do this!!   
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

9w748capt

Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:56 am

Quoting JOYA380B747 (Reply 67):

Found this,

Quote:

Quote:
"Months after the government decided to end Air India’s monopoly on select international routes and threw them open to private Indian carriers, the state-owned airline is hoping to regain this privilege through the back door and get the first choice to fly these routes."

Same crap they've been doing for years. And they wonder why it still doesn't work. Don't tell our friend aeroblogger though.

aeroblogger
Topic Author

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:14 am

Quoting JOYA380B747 (Reply 67):
Found this,

Quote:

Quote:

I agree completely. If what the article says is true, this is absolutely ridiculous. Let me find out what AI has to say about it...

777way

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Thai Cargo are flying again to MAA as once weekly BKK-MAA-AMS-BKK.

[Edited 2012-08-18 05:56:36]

JoeCanuck

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:45 pm

If somebody wrote this as a script, nobody could possible make it believable...yet, here we are. Amazing.
What the...?

HAWK21M

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 pm

A few more Regional startups lined up.....

aeroblogger
Topic Author

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:40 am

Load factor info for last month is published by the DGCA:
6E: 75.5%
S2: 71.7%
9W: 67.1%
SG: 66.3%
AI: 64.7%
G8: 63.2%
IT: 53 %

A very rough month for everybody, especially compared to June:
6E: 86.5%
SG: 80.4%
G8 76.6%
S2: 79.8%
AI: 71.3%
9W: 74.2%
IT: 62.2%

I wonder whether IT will fall under 50% LF this month?

Nimish

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:14 pm

However, what type of stop needs a careful reading. I am sure it will allow a technical stop, but not of the nature Rohit suggested i.e. EWR-FRA-DEL where tickets can be sold for either or both segments.

Devesh - NW used to operate via AMS for years, and it's certainly an option. Pre-911, UA used to operate the RTW flights via DEL too.
Incredible India!

lightsaber

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 73):
I wonder whether IT will fall under 50% LF this month?

First, thank you for the information. I wonder what the break even load factor is for each airline. As for IT, I think it is done. If my job was dependent on a flight going through, I certainly wouldn't fly IT.

What is the seasonality for air travel in India? Is July a typically slow month perhaps? Only 6E and S2 have what look to be healthy LFs, but I do not know there level of discounting.

Lightsaber

BLRAviation

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:17 am

Quoting Nimish (Reply 74):
Devesh - NW used to operate via AMS for years, and it's certainly an option. Pre-911, UA used to operate the RTW flights via DEL too.

Yes, but NW had fifth freedom rights from AMS. Like Singapore has fifth freedom rights from Japan, so their SIN-NRT-LAX SQ11/12 service can ticket and carry passengers from NRT-LAX v.v.

What I was highlighting was a bilateral between India and US will not accord either country fifth freedom rights through a third country.

With the oil prices, ULH India-US flights aren't really feasible.

aeroblogger
Topic Author

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:24 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 75):

What is the seasonality for air travel in India? Is July a typically slow month perhaps?

This July, airlines transported almost 10% passengers less than they did last July.

To be honest, I'm not really sure why load factors crashed so much this month. There isn't one notable event which took place which would have caused this...

lightsaber

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 77):
This July, airlines transported almost 10% passengers less than they did last July.

Scoobi says: ruh roh...

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 77):
There isn't one notable event which took place which would have caused this...

The news on the fare increases? I'm not talking about actual fares, but rather is the perception of high fares dissuading customers from searching and thus dissuaded from buying.

Lightsaber

aeroblogger
Topic Author

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 78):
The news on the fare increases? I'm not talking about actual fares, but rather is the perception of high fares dissuading customers from searching and thus dissuaded from buying.

Fares definitely have been noticeably creeping up towards more sustainable levels... It's certainly a possibility.

cricket

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 79):
Quoting lightsaber (Reply 78):

Fares definitely have been noticeably creeping up towards more sustainable levels... It's certainly a possibility.

Noticably is an understatement for India-Europe and India-US. My brother-in-law in paying 90k AMD-DXB-DUS on EK Y; last year he paid 50k at the same time. The AI strike hit hard, and the loss of IT capacity has driven domestic fares up as well. My father recently paid Rs 22,000 for Delhi-Bhopal rtn on SpiceJet booked a week ahead.
been there, flown that

WarmNuts

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 am

Quoting spink (Reply 66):
Part of the issue at least for biz travel is that a large portion of that market is geographically located such that non-stops are all ULH flights (west coast and texas to BOM/BLR/etc)

^ This.

Having been traveling the US-India route for fifteen years running, I prefer a connection en route accompanied by a few hours' layover. This allows me to shower, change, and arrive feeling more like I just flew transcon than I did halfway around the world.

BOMRPR

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:47 am

Market Share of Scheduled Domestic Airlines in July-12

6E: 27%
9W: 19.4%
S2: 7.2%
9W+S2: 26.6%
AI: 18.2%
SG: 17.8%
G8: 7.0%
IT: 3.4%

HAWK21M

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 am

Why not combine Jet & Jetlite stats.....

comorin

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Quoting WarmNuts (Reply 81):
Having been traveling the US-India route for fifteen years running, I prefer a connection en route accompanied by a few hours' layover. This allows me to shower, change, and arrive feeling more like I just flew transcon than I did halfway around the world.

I'm afraid I feel just the opposite! The ULH results in much less jet lag and fatigue and the civilized hours of arrival and departure make a BIG difference. If you must break journey, DXB is a much better spot than Europe. Which ULH did you try, btw?

lightsaber

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 80):
Noticably is an understatement for India-Europe and India-US.

Price shock, even if just returning to sustainable levels, will drive customers out of the market.

Quoting BOMRPR (Reply 82):
6E: 27%
9W: 19.4%
S2: 7.2%
AI: 18.2%
G8: 7.0%
IT: 3.4%

Putting in order
6E: 27% (is that 27.0%?)
AI: 18.2 %

and then a bunch of small players. In May of 2009, IT had the top market share. I'm amazed at the change...
Spicejet is doing quite well. If AI does not get its act together, it will continue to fall.

Quoting comorin (Reply 84):
If you must break journey, DXB is a much better spot than Europe.

Interesting... May I ask why, in your opinion, you feel this way? You list your location as NYC and I would think the European connections would be excellent. For West Coast USA, I understand DXB being *far* more convenient than the European hubs.

GoAir wants to fly international:

WarmNuts

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Quoting comorin (Reply 84):
I'm afraid I feel just the opposite! The ULH results in much less jet lag and fatigue and the civilized hours of arrival and departure make a BIG difference. If you must break journey, DXB is a much better spot than Europe. Which ULH did you try, btw?

From 1997 through 2004 I flew RTW, so either outbound or inbound was TPAC, and while I'm not certain if LAX-SIN or LAX-HKG would be considered ULH, they sure felt like it (my preference was to schedule my TPAC legs for the return trip to shave the extra hour or so). By contrast, flying TATL allowed me to parse the trip into 2 or 3 legs (2+ if OW via LHR, 3 if ST or *A via FRA). In fact, the only time I would prefer to forgo a stop was transiting through LHR (then again, I have a 3 1/2 decade-long love affair with flight and my 'happy place' is at rotation, so I've never minded the transfer and the extra leg).

The emergence of DXB as a major hub came after my road warrior days (or at the very least towards the end), though as I would schedule my vacations en route and preferred to spend time either in Europe or Asia, and given the marginal differnce in service betweem the premium Asian carriers and their ME counterparts, I doubt I would have scheduled a flight via DXB aside from the novelty aspect.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...  

goacom

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:38 am

A question for you folks: Is a 4 hour window sufficient enough to pick up my baggage, clear customs and get to the domestic terminal from the international terminal in Mumbai? Obviously I am assuming my flight will arrive into Mumbai on time. BTW, I'm noticing that fares of AI flights between Mumbai and Goa are roughly half that of the private carriers for the Xmas period. Can we thank the Indian tax payers for this?

cricket

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:15 am

Quoting goacom (Reply 87):

A question for you folks: Is a 4 hour window sufficient enough to pick up my baggage, clear customs and get to the domestic terminal from the international terminal in Mumbai? Obviously I am assuming my flight will arrive into Mumbai on time. BTW, I'm noticing that fares of AI flights between Mumbai and Goa are roughly half that of the private carriers for the Xmas period. Can we thank the Indian tax payers for this?

Immigration in India is very fast usually, if you have a PIO/OCI card you should be in fast and even otherwise, I hear BOM airport (I usually fly through DEL) has become very efficient. The internal CSIA bus which I took in the opposite direction is limited to 30kmph it seems and will take 40-60 minutes between T2 and T1, but if your international flight is on time you should be very comfortable and might have a lot of time to kill at the domestic terminal.
been there, flown that

BOMRPR

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:52 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 85):
6E: 27% (is that 27.0%?)

Yes.. its 27.0%

6E is has becum the largest Indian domestic carrier in terms of passenger carried.

BLRAviation

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 am

Lufthansa has announced the Boeing 747-8i for Bangalore Frankfurt from September 13th. The story is on Bangalore Aviation.

BLRAviation

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 am

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 83):
Why not combine Jet & Jetlite stats.....

Because Jet operates on two different operator permits. If you recall my story on JetKonnect, Jet has Konnect flights with Jet livery aircraft on both 9W and S2 codes. It is a branding shambles.

HAWK21M

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:56 am

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 91):
It is a branding shambles.

true...But with statistics it gives an Impression that Indigo is larger....

WarmNuts

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Quoting goacom (Reply 87):

A question for you folks: Is a 4 hour window sufficient enough to pick up my baggage, clear customs and get to the domestic terminal from the international terminal in Mumbai?

In a word, yes.

cricket

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:41 am

Meanwhile, one of Kingfisher's top pilots flew a women in the cockpit and locked the door....
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...n-cockpit/articleshow/15608659.cms
Hmmm.... dal mein kuch kala hai
been there, flown that

WarmNuts

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:42 am

Quoting Cricket (Reply 94):

Meanwhile, one of Kingfisher's top pilots flew a women in the cockpit and locked the door....

...and unless those wingtips are rockin', don't come a knockin'.  

BOMRPR

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 am

Hmmm.... dal mein kuch kala hai

Another feather plucked from the poor bird

cricket

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:43 am

My friend Tarun has written this piece in Mint saying how Mangalore and six other airports are still unsafe
http://www.livemint.com/2012/08/2223...angalore-airport-still-unsafe.html
been there, flown that

aeroblogger
Topic Author

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:32 am

arrey, who cares? What difference did it make to safety? Just an example of how our news media is becoming more tabloid-y each day.

Quoting Cricket (Reply 97):
My friend Tarun has written this piece in Mint saying how Mangalore and six other airports are still unsafe

I hope they fix it soon.... I don't like having a dangerous airport to serve my hometown

[Edited 2012-08-23 04:34:49]

anshuk

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Quoting WarmNuts (Reply 95):
...and unless those wingtips are rockin', don't come a knockin'.  

If only you could "like" posts on a.net! The pilot in question on IT also frequently flies VJM's private A319. He's a very senior pilot, and I thought it was at the pilot's discretion to let whoever he wants on the jumpseat? Or am I completely off the mark?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos