anstar

RE: Virgin Atlantic MAN-LHR-MAN Flights

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Quoting LondonCity (Reply 98):

But VS might lose out to Easyjet for the Moscow route application.

I did say "planning" lol

Though I would expect it to go to VS as they will offer more Y capacity than what easyjet is offering plus add to that VS also offer Cargo, Premium Economy and UPPER = More APD tax revenue potential for the government!

skipness1E

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Quoting david_itl (Reply 96):
Already seen some people predict this is the beginning of the end for the MAN-MCO, MAN-BGI and MAN-LAS services.

Not at all, Virgin in my view operates two similar business models, but they are different enough to be require two fleets. Now if they start MAN-LGW then yes, be worried. Virgin does well at MAN, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. What it does mean is that any meaningful hope MAN had of getting VS to base some B787s and do some long haul is now dead in the water. They are doing a BA and feeding from the regions.

[Edited 2012-08-21 13:24:51]

mogandoCI

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Quoting david_itl (Reply 96):
And how many Star Alliance domestic routes are available at LHR at the moment? Doubt they'd gave gone to oneworld and skyteam is doing a major job of getting pax on to KL or AF at AMS/CDG - why would they want to be an insignifcant player at LHR? May have slots being returned to them and so they've got to find a way of using them and this is as good a plan as any with short sector times.

Zero, but the point of Star isn't to care about those 5 pax from Edinburgh or 10 pax from Manchester, but the ones who might want to do IST-LHR-LAS or YYC-LHR-DXB

The amount of feed that Star could provide would more than make up for not wet leasing 3 flights of MAN on a tiny A319

Viscount724

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Quoting Richcandy (Reply 57):
There has been lots of talk about Virgin operating short haul services over the years. In their early days they had a go at operating Maastricht & Dublin.

Also Athens for a while using an A320 and later an A321.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Javier Rodriguez - Iberian Spotters
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © A J Best

OA260

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 103):
Also Athens for a while using an A320 and later an A321.

Yep flew on it myself. Still have the ticket and BP   Was a very good service. All interiors were VS and the crew were in VS uniforms based in ATH IIRC.

I actually think this new LHR-MAN service will be viable for them . If they plan it right and market it I think they will be able to make it a success in the end.

skipness1E

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 104):
All interiors were VS and the crew were in VS uniforms based in ATH IIRC.

In later years, that's because they operated the route themselves. It came in house when South East European Airways, the original franchise holder went bust.

OA260

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Quoting skipness1E (Reply 105):
In later years, that's because they operated the route themselves. It came in house when South East European Airways, the original franchise holder went bust.

Where were the crew based when it was ''in house'' ?

skipness1E

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 106):
Where were the crew based when it was ''in house'' ?

Not sure, I recall the Greek flight crew were replaced by UK crew but not sure where cabin crew were based.

OA260

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Quoting skipness1E (Reply 107):
Not sure, I recall the Greek flight crew were replaced by UK crew but not sure where cabin crew were based.

I must have been on the SEEA one then as it was Greek crew in VS uniforms and VS interiors. Have the photos somewhere.

G-OUZO was such a cool reg also  Smile

[Edited 2012-08-21 15:38:17]

sevenheavy

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Quoting skipness1E (Reply 107):

There were ATH based crew who initially operated solely on the ATH route. They were gradually merged with the rest of the crew and operated on all routes-if they wanted to. When the ATH route went the remainder were offered crew positions, but based in the UK.

I really can't see that this MAN-LHR route will spell the end of the long haul MAN operation. What are all those passengers going to do when they get to LHR? They certainly can't get to MCO, BGI or LAS!.

As you say, MAN does very well, and will expand rather than die. If anything, there are connection opportunities in the other direction for passengers going to LAS etc. if you live north of London you can either take a two hour drive to LGW or hop on a connection from LHR. It certainly isn't the primary objective for the route, but it might help, particularly if VHOLs offer some tempting deals.
So long 701, it was nice knowing you.

jumpjets

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Quoting skipness1E (Reply 87):
They are VS' own apparently.

Airtransport World is quoting that two of the slots would be those currently leased to Cyprus Airways.

http://atwonline.com/airline-finance...antic-enter-short-haul-market-0820

vv701

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 99):
I was under the impression that these route authorities had to be used for LHR?

There is a distinction between "route authority" which is covered by the Anglo-Russian bilateral services agreement and the "slot release" required by the EC competition authorities. The easyJet interest is, I believe, to operate between LGW and Moscow under the air services agreement but has nothing to do with the BA slot release.

BestWestern

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Quoting slinky09 (Reply 90):
So you think it takes a week to launch domestic routes from Heathrow?

As was mentioned earlier, Bmi baby was launched as a knee jerk reaction to go's arrval at east midlands. From the very beginning that started badly.

Heathrow is a different beast, and Vs do have a long haul to feed into.

This route launch smacks of last minute too.

1) Only available by phone,
2) no GDS or OAG schedules available yet

and most unusual for Virgin, who love the PR factor or a launch,

3) no images of the aircraft,
4) no idea what that cabin looks like, what the business cabin will be like either
5) no idea of what the service level will be "We're keeping our cards close to our chest where this is concerned."
6) no idea where the crew is coming from "We are working with a wet lessor to ensure the crew will provide the world-renowned Virgin Atlantic experience on board."
7) no upper class lounge planned - access to a partner lounge only

Strangely

5) no announcement of an wet lease operator (big win for someone) **when booking a flight eu rules state that airline must inform who the flight will be operated by **
6) no other non virgin schedules being dropped for this announcment
7) very poor aircraft utilisation
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

BestWestern

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:19 am

The case gets deeper. Over on PPrune, a respected poster has stated that for VS to apply for the bmi remedy slots all the airlines current slots have to be in use by them.

Hence the rush to launch the x3 daily to Manchester before it was ready.

It looks like two of the three daily slots will come from Cyprus airways.

anstar

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:10 am

Quoting bestwestern (Reply 112):

This route launch smacks of last minute too.

1) Only available by phone,
2) no GDS or OAG schedules available yet

That is typical VS route announcements though - especially if you look at recent examples like Mumbai which took a month or so to be bookable online from the announcement.

AIR MALTA

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:22 am

Quoting anstar (Reply 97):
Undesirabvle as it may be, their biggest competitor BA also has the same issues with transfers between 3 terminals at LHR!

What VS can do is a transfer type à la Aer Linugs. I have just recently connected from T1 to T arriving from Shannon on EI and departing to Brussels with BA and Aer Lingus asks you to stay on the plane on arrival to LHR, in order to leave all terminating pax to disembark? When that is over, a bus comes and transiting passengers to International flights disembark from the rear of the plane and they are taken directly to the area where all connecting passengers arrive at T1. There you can ride a bus to T5, 4 or 3 or proceed to your connecting flight at T1... I found that transfer effortless and comfortable and it took us only 25 min all in all to reach T5...
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

fcogafa

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 am

Quoting bestwestern (Reply 113):

The case gets deeper. Over on PPrune, a respected poster has stated that for VS to apply for the bmi remedy slots all the airlines current slots have to be in use by them.

Hence the rush to launch the x3 daily to Manchester before it was ready.

It looks like two of the three daily slots will come from Cyprus airways.

Also, according to the BAW slot sales tender the closing date for applications for flights to start by summer 2013 is tomorrow.

All too much of a coincidence?

AIR MALTA

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Quoting fcogafa (Reply 116):

Don't think so. Ultimately, I see VS operating flights to MAN, EDI and ABZ keeping the slots warm for 3 years. After that, if domestic works fine with them, they'll continue to do so, if not, they will have a pool of slots that they can use for longhaul expansion. Not a bad strategy!!!!
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

BestWestern

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Quoting fcogafa (Reply 116):

No.

Poor old Cyprus Airways loses access to Heathrow also.

anstar

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Quoting bestwestern (Reply 118):

Perhaps they will be the wet lease company as they will now have the spare planes and crews???

musapapaya

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Lets not forget passengers at MAN can always fly international by connecting via a eurropean hub, CDG, FRA, MUC, ZRH, just to name a few, is the value of funneling passengers via LHR that good? Do not forget transit times in MUC is only 45 minsutes (the minimum allowed if you fly with LH) and I think its similar to ZRH.
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

eurowings

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Quoting musapapaya (Reply 120):
Lets not forget passengers at MAN can always fly international by connecting via a eurropean hub, CDG, FRA, MUC, ZRH, just to name a few, is the value of funneling passengers via LHR that good? Do not forget transit times in MUC is only 45 minsutes (the minimum allowed if you fly with LH) and I think its similar to ZRH.

Of course they can, but don't forget VS has a strong focus on transatlantic traffic, where there's no Gulf competition and transiting via the continental European hubs makes less sense.
"Freddie Laker may be at peace with his Maker, but he is persona non grata with IATA."- HRH Duke of Edinburgh

mainMAN

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:51 pm

is the value of funneling passengers via LHR that good?

No not really, but by the very fact that LHR is in the same country, it's bound to get a significant amount of the transfer traffic.

Humberside

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Quoting bestwestern (Reply 118):

They should be able to pick up late evening slots if they want them. That how Helios got access into LHR, and more recently how Egyptair built up LHR-SSH (slots transferred to extra LHR-CAI from this winter)
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

koruman

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 pm

There is something fishy about how BA is operating MAN- LHR flights currently.

I returned to the UK with my family for the Olympics. We flew LHR-MAN on a "normal" BA flight from T5 which was full. Our return was booked months earlier on a BD flight. A month before departure my parents tried to buy seats on that flight, but couldn't.

We were unable to check in online, and found the flight up gauged to a 321 in premium configuration with sixteen seats filled on an 11am weekday flight to T1 which connected with oodles of long haul flights.

If this was Olympic badminton, BA would be expelled for deliberately throwing the match. It seemed as if they had some sort of incentive to maximize losses on BD-operated services, by making tickets impossible to buy and by using totally unsuitable equipment for the flight.

Could someone explain to me what their motives are? Is this incompetence or something darker?

skipness1E

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Quoting koruman (Reply 124):
Could someone explain to me what their motives are? Is this incompetence or something darker?

No they're just having to cancel, juggle and consolidate flights as BMI aircraft are painted and revamped. The reason they may not have been selling tickets is the fact that BD ERJs are often used to MAN and with a lot of substitutions at the moment, they may only seel enough seats to fill the Embraer. I myself tried three times to book an ex BMI flight from EDI-LHR, I got the Northbound sector OK but the return failed at the payment stage for three days. There are ongoing bugs in the booking system as the companies come together. I don't there's a big old conspiracy or dark forces at work.

I could have returned to T5 but I was interested to see if I was going to fly from T1 on BMI or BA.

RyanairGuru

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Is this incompetence or something darker?

Interestingly my mother and her partner had the exact opposite experience when flying BD from LHR-MAN in June. The flight (an Embraer) was overbooked by 16 people, roughly 30%, on a 3pm Sunday flight.

They were rebooked on a BA service 2 hours later and given GBP150 EACH (!) in CASH (not vouchers) for the inconvenience.

Is it incompetence? Maybe, or just ongoing integration issues. Refresh you memory of what happened on 3/3...
Worked Hard, Flew Right

skipness1E

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:33 pm

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 126):
Refresh you memory of what happened on 3/3...

???? Do tell  

RyanairGuru

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Quoting skipness1E (Reply 127):

The UA/CO integration bungle. I was using it to illustrate that these things aren't always smooth sailing, at least initially
Worked Hard, Flew Right

skipness1E

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 am

Ah thanks, I just didn't get the reference. Good point.

mainMAN

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:47 am

Good question, and as skipness has said, they're in a period of adjustment at the moment, trying to match demand with their newfound capacity.

Your post got me thinking about the level of service BA and combined BD offer between MAN and LHR. I did a random check in December, and there are 26 flights a day. Isn't 13 each way too many? Surely 8 would suffice using a mixture of 321s and anything larger if needed.

mainMAN

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:59 am

Quoting skipness1E (Reply 78):
I never forgave them for saying they would launch Glasgow-NYC when BA dropped it, and then seeing that they had no intention of doing so. It got column inches and got people's hopes up, however I never forgot the cynical way they laid out what they were going to do, they never bothered.

I didn't know that. I remember in about 1983 BA dropped MAN and I think PIK to JFK. There was a very short period in the early 80s when MAN had no links to the US at all, and British Midland announced they were to start BHX, MAN and PIK to New York with 707s. As far as I remember, that never happened either!

vv701

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 am

is the value of funneling passengers via LHR that good?

Transfer traffic can be one of two ways totally key to getting passengers on seats and not diluting yields too much on the main (long haul) service.

The premise that there will be approximately the same number of passengers on a given daily flight for each weekday Monday through Friday is a most unlikely one. And no airline can afford to have a spare fleet of smaller and larger aircraft to better match likely seat demand to passenger carrying capacity to use only on those days where demand is lower or higher than average..

If an airline has little feed the most obvious way to fill the seats on days when demand is low is to use price to smooth demand so it will more closely match the available carrying capacity. This has the unfortunate effect of reducing yields on most if not all tickets on days of low total demand.

As soon as an airline has the opportunity of creating its own feed from A onto a flight from B to C it can adopt an alternative, more profitable strategy. It can use the pricing mechanism for tickets sold for travel from A to C to increase loads on the B to C flight without impacting yields on the tickets sold on the core B to C flight. Of course all or nearly all tickets now sold for the B to C flight to passengers originating in A are likely to be incremental to those that would be sold without the feeder flight. So the lower price for tickets sold for A to C travel on selected days in no way impact yields.

The benefit to Joe Public of this type of arrangement is that even if he or she is an O & D passenger between two major hubs it is often possible to save a significant amount by booking a two leg flight instead.

There is a second way of achieving the same result where an airline has no feed into airport B. This is to offer reduced fares on their web site or sites in a neighbouring country effectively requiring the fare-conscious passenger to book a connecting flight between A and B on another airline to take advantage of the low price offered to fly between B and C.

This second approach is not open to an airline (like VS) that does not operate into a country close to airport B as it is either unlikely to have a local web site in that country or, if it does, potential passengers will not think to check it out.

Both of these strategies are regarded by the British media as being rip-offs. Here, for example, is an article on the second of these approaches:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...23/booking-flight-airline-websites

The first method has not recently been widely discussed in the media. However around 12or 14 years ago (if memory serves me correctly) even the British government joined the "rip-off" chorus after the Times newspaper discovered that tickets for a CDG-LHR-JFK ticket on BA were cheaper than a LHR-JFK ticket on exactly the same flight. It is simply not appreciated by the media that the availability of these bargain offers puts bums on what would otherwise be empty seats and that in doing so these sales contribute to keeping all prices lower than they otherwise would be.

BestWestern

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 am

Quoting mainMAN (Reply 130):
Isn't 13 each way too many? Surely 8 would suffice using a mixture of 321s and anything larger if needed.

13 a day is too many, but BA have not yet decided what to do with long haul slots. First they need the aircraft. So routes like DUB, BHD and MAN will start seeing frequencies eroded over time.

Some people think we need more - we obviously need 16, with three more from Virgin.

rutankrd

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 am

13 slots is a temporary measure as four will transfer to the LBA service on the 9th December.

Thereafter the core service on BA Shuttle from Manchester will be 8/9 per day week days and fewer at the weekend.
An increase of just ONE rotation on BA Shuttle services in recent years.

vv701

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 am

Quoting bestwestern (Reply 133):
First they need the aircraft. So routes like DUB, BHD and MAN will start seeing frequencies eroded over time.

Is there a source for this statement? It seems a little unlikely to me. After all, as discussed here:

BA To Increase LHR-DUB To 8 X Daily (by GSTBA Aug 16 2012 in Civil Aviation)?threadid=5540884&searchid=5542012&s=ba+dub#ID5542012

BA have announced that what is currently the four-times daily former BD service to DUB will become an eight-times daily BA service to DUB come the end of October.

I do not think that BA would announce such an increase if there was a possibility of a future reduction to less than a four-daily service. However the additional four rotations could just be slot sitting flights awaiting the delivery of the 787s and the launch of more new long haul flights. Even if this is the case,I doubt that BA would first increase, then reduce and then further reduce their DUB rotations to below the current number of daily rotations. But who knows?

BestWestern

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 135):

Is there a source for this statement? It seems a little unlikely to me. After all, as discussed here:

I hope I'm wrong, but BA bought Bmi for the slots. They today don't have the aircraft to launch more long haul routes, so in the interim have chosen the routes most likely to be profitable, and easiest to have multiple returns, so routes like Dublin get the frequency boost, a short profitable route that enhances connections in J and cements the market.

Quoting VV701 (Reply 135):
Even if this is the case,I doubt that BA would first increase, then reduce and then further reduce their DUB rotations to below the current number of daily rotations. But who knows?

They are seeing how Dublin responds to the schedule, and I think they are going to be really surprised. I hope so anyway. Bmi used to operate Dublin as X8 daily and x9 daily in Summer. Ireland is slowly returning from the brink of economic collapse, so investment is a good sign of a return to health, as is the statement of how happy EK is with Dublin.

rutankrd

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Quoting bestwestern (Reply 136):
I hope I'm wrong, but BA bought Bmi for the slots. They today don't have the aircraft to launch more long haul routes, so in the interim have chosen the routes most likely to be profitable, and easiest to have multiple returns, so routes like Dublin get the frequency boost, a short profitable route that enhances connections in J and cements the market.

VV701 has a good grasp of the slot allocations and many/much of the bmi package are not suitable for long haul.

Further when does BA expect to have this mythical expansion of long haul capacity ?

Certainly not before 2015 and that assumes some delays in fleet disposal.

Timeframe more like 2017 and beyond subject to the 789 actually being delivered on time . And an aircraft that not even being built yet.
At least the A350 has metal cut !

sam1987

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Quoting rutankrd (Reply 134):
13 slots is a temporary measure as four will transfer to the LBA service on the 9th December.

Just looked at the timetable on ba.com. MAN remains as a high frequency throughout December, plus MAN will be at T5 and LBA will be at T1 so I doubt they are just transferring the frequencies.
Next flights: LGW-LBA-LGW, LHR-SIN-SYD, SYD-BKK-LHR, LGW-GRO, GRO-CIA, CIA-MAD, MAD-LGW

rutankrd

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Sam but they are and you need to look at the notations especially carefully in the winter quarter because BA are very adept at managing the 80% rule

sam1987

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Quoting rutankrd (Reply 139):
but they are

Are you suggesting BA are going to cancel some of the December MAN rotations that are currently selling?

If anything is cancelled to free up time for LBA, surely it would be a T1 route?
Next flights: LGW-LBA-LGW, LHR-SIN-SYD, SYD-BKK-LHR, LGW-GRO, GRO-CIA, CIA-MAD, MAD-LGW

anstar

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Quoting sam1987 (Reply 140):

Are you suggesting BA are going to cancel some of the December MAN rotations that are currently selling?

Possibly... AIrlins like VS/BA tend to cancel a few frequencies over the winter period on an adhoc basis.

Ie rather than cancel one JFK rotation for the winter, they will cancel perhaps Mon of one, Tue of another etc to keep within the 80%.

rutankrd

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Quoting sam1987 (Reply 140):

If anything is cancelled to free up time for LBA, surely it would be a T1 route?

The LHR terminal is something of a red herring.

Expect all the BA137* flights to disappear in the coming weeks as the final winter timetable is set.

rutankrd

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Quoting anstar (Reply 141):
Ie rather than cancel one JFK rotation for the winter, they will cancel perhaps Mon of one, Tue of another etc to keep within the 80%.

Pretty much exactly what happens and specifically with the JFK service.

New York (JFK) - winter 1012/13 Flights will operate using on the following aircraft type. Ex LHR

BA117 - Daily 747
BA175 - Daily 747
BA113 - 5 x 77W & 2 x 4 class 772ER weekly (Will NOT operate between 03 FEB & 16FEB)
BA177 - Daily 4 class 772ER (Will NOT operate between 20 JAN & 03 FEB)
BA173 - Daily 747 (Will NOT operate between 30 DEC & 20JAN or 03 MAR to 30MAR)
BA115 - 5 x 747 & 1 x 4 class 772ER will operate (Will NOT operate 18FEB13 or 25FEB13)
BA179 - 1 x 747 & 6 x 4 Class 772ER weekly.
BA183 - 6 x weekly 747

Marketing suggests 8 daily , look carefully through Jan - April really not more than 7 as they vary which flight is dropped through the quite months !

lehovec

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Flights are now available to book via Opodo for £98 return.
Still no information who will the a/c be operated by.
Is this a/c going to be based at LHR or MAN?

GCT64

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Quoting Lehovec (Reply 144):
Is this a/c going to be based at LHR or MAN?

From much further up the thread, we can see that the aircraft is night stopping at MAN:

Quoting adg737800 (Reply 83):
Timetable from routesonline.com:

VS3041 LHR0920 - 1020MAN 319 D
VS3043 LHR1610 - 1710MAN 319 D
VS3045 LHR2010 - 2110MAN 319 D

VS3046 MAN0650 - 0800LHR 319 D
VS3042 MAN1220 - 1330LHR 319 D
VS3044 MAN1750 - 1900LHR 319 D
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX

lehovec

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Quoting GCT64 (Reply 145):
From much further up the thread, we can see that the aircraft is night stopping at MAN:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What I meant was if the crew will be LHR or MAN based, but I suppose we will have to wait and see who will this flights be operated by.

ba319-131

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:40 am

Does anyone have any idea where the aircraft is coming from yet?

Over on the Business Traveller on-line forum there are suggestions the aircraft will be operated by Aer Lingus......
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

BestWestern

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:49 am

Quoting ba319-131 (Reply 147):
Over on the Business Traveller on-line forum there are suggestions the aircraft will be operated by Aer Lingus

Some idiot mentioned it on this thread too.  
Quoting bestwestern (Reply 67):
Aer Lingus to operate i wonder...

EI makes more sense than others as they have the presence and set up in T1 to operate it alongside Manchester. They also have the capability to swap aircraft out on either end for maintenance, and have spares close-by.

anstar

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:23 am

How does EI feel about BA continuing on LHR-DUB? Will their partnership remain? Might make sense for EI and VS to get closer??

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos