neveragain

RE: TK To CCS, MEX, HAV, BOS, SFO, YUL

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 46):
They seem to be obsessed with the number of destinations (just see their commercials with the likes of "160 destinations", etc. every now and then with a growing number)

So they're obsessed with the number of destinations, yet you chide them for not noting the number of nonstop destinations?

in contrast to frequencies, reasonable layovers, non-stop destinations.

Besides, I'd say this is a pretty common marketing tactic. I haven't seen any commercials in North America saying, "Fly Emirates . . . We have reasonable layovers!!" (But, then again, I don't watch much TV.)

What TK is trying to communicate is "We're a big airline that you may never have thought of . . . fly us!"

MaverickM11

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 pm

This is not the case with EK. If you take the afternoon services from anywhere in Europe, you know that you will have all the Asian services at midnight in Dubai when you arrive (and the other way around to return).

I think that's EK's weakness and TK's strength. TK isn't going after MAD BKK all day every day, but rather MAD GYD as you mentioned, or DUS TAS, or BGW CPH--lots of niche, high yield, small traffic flows that can't be replicated by anyone and TK can set the price. On the other hand, EK is connecting every major city on the globe with 380s, to the point where many of EK's connections and top flows could conceivably be flown nonstop--BKKMAN is a believable nonstop on a 787 or 350. BKK HRK, however, is unlikely to have any nonstop ever.
E pur si muove -Galileo

lightsaber

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Also many new destinations are just opened with 3 or 4 flights per week (often in A320/B737 for short/medium haul flights). Just in contrast with EK, which almost any new destination today is opened with a daily wide-body.

EK used to open routes with 3 or 4 weekly flights. EK simply has the hub network to 'go big' at a launch. EK is also eating some costs during initial route building. I personally think EK will return to launching new cities with fewer destinations, but that will take far more airport infrastructure. In particular, the hotel rooms of the soon to be opened concourse 3 and more hotel rooms in the city. A classy type of problem to have.  

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

JU068

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Just out of curiosity, could Turkish Airlines operate Istanbul-Miami-Havana? (without traffic rights MIA-HAV)
I know that there have been quite a lot of charter flights from the U.S. to Cuba recently so there is some traffic moving, that is why I was considering if opening up such a route could be possible.

What about linking Mexico with Huston? Could that make sense if Mexico couldn't be launched directly from Istanbul.

neveragain

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 52):
I personally think EK will return to launching new cities with fewer destinations, but that will take far more airport infrastructure.

What? You'll have to help me with this one, too.

SCQ83

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 51):

I completely agree; there are two models that can be complementary.

However, on the long term, I think EK's model is more successful. Because the more destinations and seats they have, the more secondary destinations they can add... and they can easily kick the competition out of the market.

lightsaber

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Quoting neveragain (Reply 54):
uoting lightsaber (Reply 52):
I personally think EK will return to launching new cities with fewer destinations, but that will take far more airport infrastructure.

What? You'll have to help me with this one, too.

Mis-type on my part.

EK will return to launching new cities with less than daily frequency. I needed more sleep and really botched that post.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

Tupolev160

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 pm

think that TK's expansion does not make much sense. They seem to be obsessed with the number of destinations (just see their commercials with the likes of "160 destinations", etc. every now and then with a growing number) in contrast to frequencies, reasonable layovers, non-stop destinations or IST-Ataturk that is more and more a joke (overpacked, overpriced and quite frequently unprofessional staff).

Many staff in IST can't even speak English, on places such as exchange-office, i was shocked.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

leftyboarder

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Quoting Tupolev160 (Reply 43):
In short, TK looks (or wants to look) like EK and QR just without the brains. Their network (over-)expansion is absurd, unsustainable and reminds me of a child fighiting a complex "mine is bigger than yours/i have more toys than you do or at least as many even if i don't need them).

And EK's order for dozens of A380s or opening up destinations where nobody has heard of Dubai is not? You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder, judging from your recent posts on a few threads. As long as they keep growing and turning in profits, it is not without brains.

2travel2know2

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:12 pm

It seems TK wants to be 1st in some markets before EK/EH/QR get there.
As an Star Alliance airline, TK may already have worked a deal with AV when it comes to feed some traffic to its network via CCS, MEX and HAV.
While it's a detour, if TK could get traffic rights between CCS and MEX, IST-CCS-MEX may be an interesting product.
Is HAV going to be non-stop from IST or via CCS, in that case quite doubtful traffic rights between CCS and HAV.

Some logic (or knowledge of hubs in Latin America) could have pointed TK into flying to PTY non-stop thrice weekly and letting CM then fly the connecting traffic to/from CCS, MEX, HAV...
I'm not on CM's payroll.

Avianca

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 59):
Some logic (or knowledge of hubs in Latin America) could have pointed TK into flying to PTY non-stop thrice weekly and letting CM then fly the connecting traffic to/from CCS, MEX, HAV...

yes PTY would be much better for connecting traffic! but I am sure they are looking not only feed in the destination also in IST and than with 2 stops it would be maybe to much.
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

A388

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Quoting TK787 (Thread starter):
Seriously, CCS, BOS and YUL were expected, but....
Quoting Avianca (Reply 17):
Venezuela - has a big MidEast community, specially from Libanon, but also Palestina, Jordania, Syria etc.

Indeed wow, how on earth can TK make CCS work? If the Middle Eastern population in Venezuela really was that big, why have all other attempts on such a route been so unsuccesful. I know V0 is a different story but I mean, if the demand was there they would have operated at least more frequently, no?

I hope to see TK in CUR should the airport in CCS be closed due to bad weather 

A388

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 61):

Indeed wow

Seriously!
Sometimes we can be too judgmental about these TK route news.
But who would have thought TK would be flying non-stop 77W to LAX daily 5 years ago or 3 x daily summer JFK?
All I know is, this is pretty exciting for all of us who grew up in the 70's looking up at BA, KL, LH, AF jets and hoping TK would become an airline just like them one day.

A388

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 62):
But who would have thought TK would be flying non-stop 77W to LAX daily 5 years ago or 3 x daily summer JFK?

I can see why the LAX market works and JFK because these markets are big but CCS?

and hoping TK would become an airline just like them one day.

I do agree with you on this though. It's always nice to your own airline expand like the other big airlines do so I do wish TK luck too. I hope it works out for them so please don't get me wrong.

A388

2travel2know2

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 63):
I can see why the LAX market works and JFK because these markets are big but CCS?

IST - CCS/MEX/HAV O/D must be quite small.
IST TK hub - CCS/MEX/HAV O/D may be something, but still doesn't seem to be that large.

However, I must recognise TK to CCS/MEX/HAV does seem to be quite of out-of-the-box thinking from TK's part, kudos to TK for that.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

ORL777

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 61):
Indeed wow, how on earth can TK make CCS work? If the Middle Eastern population in Venezuela really was that big, why have all other attempts on such a route been so unsuccesful. I know V0 is a different story but I mean, if the demand was there they would have operated at least more frequently, no?

I hope to see TK in CUR should the airport in CCS be closed due to bad weather

CCS can perfectly work for TK, Remember that Venezuelan likes to travel a lot, so we have almost all flight full every day, we have a lack of seat and almost no offer to Europe.. also we have a HUGE chinese population also can work for TK, I hope this route can become reality!

Remeber that the Iran Air flight was more political than any other reason, same goes with the Damascus flight, but with Turkish they can use the flight for connecting with Europe, Middle East and Asia!

Saludos

B747forever

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Isnt there even talks about going double daily to LAX?
Work Hard, Fly Right

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 66):
Isnt there even talks about going double daily to LAX?

Rumors, but I don't know where the metal will come from. TK ordered 77Ws will start arriving 2014.

A388

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Quoting orl777 (Reply 65):
I hope this route can become reality!

Same here, any airline is welcome for me too.

Europe, Middle East and Asia!

I can see the value of TK going to Asia and maybe the Middle East (if there indeed is sufficient demand) but is Europe really that badly covered by the existing European carriers flying to CCS? You already have LH, IB, AZ, TP, UX and AF flying to CCS(?)

A388

ORL777

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 68):
I can see the value of TK going to Asia and maybe the Middle East (if there indeed is sufficient demand) but is Europe really that badly covered by the existing European carriers flying to CCS? You already have LH, IB, AZ, TP, UX and AF flying to CCS(?)

yes, try to find tickets for the high season, you need to book by 8 or 9 months before travel and all the time the prices are high, for example for me was more cheaper and better going CCS-MIA-MAD than direct CCS-MAD with the same IB or with UX.. is crazy but it can work for TK.

Maybe they can start with 4 weekly flights or so.. and I think the 77W is the right aircraft for this route.

Saludos

SCQ83

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Quoting orl777 (Reply 69):

Direct flights tend to be more expensive. In this particular case, many people wouldn't be able to/wouldn't like to transit through the US. So you see why this CCS-MIA-MAD is cheaper than CCS-MAD.

ASA

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 64):
However, I must recognise TK to CCS/MEX/HAV does seem to be quite of out-of-the-box thinking from TK's part, kudos to TK for that.
Quoting A388 (Reply 61):
ndeed wow, how on earth can TK make CCS work? If the Middle Eastern population in Venezuela really was that big, why have all other attempts on such a route been so unsuccesful. I know V0 is a different story but I mean, if the demand was there they would have operated at least more frequently, no?

It is indeed very out-of-the-box ... and could really work if done right. Kudos!

I just searched for the middle eastern population diaspora ... and was blown away by the number of sheer Lebanese population living in South America. It's not just Venezuela, but also Colombia, Brazil, and Argentina. If you add people from other countries in the region ... Syria, Palestine, Iraq, etc ... the number must be even larger. In fact, I remember meeting this wonderful Palestinian businessman in Iguacu Falls, Brazil of all places  

TK must have some sense if they are also getting Lebanese traffic in their GRU flights. I hope this works out for them ... they could become a convenient channel for the Levant diaspora in Latin America. In fact, they could add BOG to the list as well.

Check out this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_diaspora

A388

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Quoting orl777 (Reply 69):
yes, try to find tickets for the high season, you need to book by 8 or 9 months before travel and all the time the prices are high, for example for me was more cheaper and better going CCS-MIA-MAD than direct CCS-MAD with the same IB or with UX.. is crazy but it can work for TK.

So TK also sees high fares when they start CCS flights.

Do European carriers have the same problem with expanding to/from Venezuela as the U.S. carriers have?

A388

2travel2know2

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Quoting ASA (Reply 71):
It is indeed very out-of-the-box

Some line of thinking the other "relatively big" airline in the area - and also an Star Alliance one - MS is light-years away.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

ASA

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 pm

while we are in rumor mode ...  TK could operate HAV and MEX in a tag-on as some suggested earlier ... will take care of issues of lift and payload at MEX (if at all it is an issue). Similarly, TK should consider BOG and add it to CCS as a tag-on. CCS falls almost on the direct route to BOG ... and will take care of the elevation issues at BOG as well. And if EZE materializes ... the following map could be the potential TK foray into LatAm ... with three tag-ons!  

Edited for formatting

[Edited 2012-11-12 11:07:32]

A388

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Quoting ASA (Reply 74):
CCS falls almost on the direct route to BOG ... and will take care of the elevation issues at BOG as well.

What will be taken care off in BOG? The aircraft can't take off from BOG at full payload so they will lose out there.

A388

ASA

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 75):
What will be taken care off in BOG? The aircraft can't take off from BOG at full payload so they will lose out there.

Not even with just enough fuel to reach CCS ? That's way less payload. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I actually meant a BOG-CCS-IST routing. So the aircraft can lift off from BOG with enough fuel to CCS ... and fill up with passenger/cargo from CCS and cheap CITGO gas on the way to IST  

sqsfo

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:41 pm

SFO could work if the flights connect well to the middle east and Indian subcontinent flights! Turkish can offer some great connections, to cities like Kabul( I believe from the west coast this option is the only one the would result in a one stop trip to Kabul)! There are a lot of Afghan's in the bay area that could be particularly happy! I for one am extremely excited if and when they open SFO! I'll be traveling to Delhi next summer, so I hope i get to try their exquisite business class and Do&Co catering!

EddieDude

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:54 am

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 64):
IST - CCS/MEX/HAV O/D must be quite small.
IST TK hub - CCS/MEX/HAV O/D may be something, but still doesn't seem to be that large.

I agree. IST-MEX from a purely O&D perspective is a bad proposition. There are no meaningful diplomatic or economic ties between the two countries that would justify a non-stop flight. The motivation for TK is clearly the opportunity to offer connections between flights to MEX, on the one hand, and Middle East, Africa and Central Asia destinations, on the other. I, too, applaud the thinking-outside-the-box and, if they actually go ahead and do it soon, their making it happen before EK and QR.

CCS can perfectly work for TK, Remember that Venezuelan likes to travel a lot, so we have almost all flight full every day,

How large is the actual population of Venezuela that can afford and is willing to travel internationally beyond traditional destinations such as the Americas and Europe? Given the situation of the country, we are talking of a small elite that won't be getting any larger in the next few years and who already have their long-haul needs satisfied by U.S. and European airlines (and many of them already live in Miami, anyway). I don't think CCS is a good idea for TK at all, but I guess I could be proved wrong.

Quoting ASA (Reply 74):
issues of lift and payload at MEX (if at all it is an issue)

As I have tried to explain before, I don't think this is an issue if the purported flight is to be operated with 77Ws. I would be more concerned about filling a 77W, say, 4x weekly, than any range issues. I think this is too big a plane to launch flights to MEX. Something of the size of the A332 would be much more logical, but that one would most likely require a stop along the way.
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

AA767LOVER

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:59 am

Hey I wonder why CUBANA stopped their IL-96 to SVO. . . would it work better to DME?
J.I. Tsui, American Advantage Member, United Mileage Plus (Premier)

LLA001

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 am

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 78):
As I have tried to explain before, I don't think this is an issue if the purported flight is to be operated with 77Ws. I would be more concerned about filling a 77W, say, 4x weekly, than any range issues. I think this is too big a plane to launch flights to MEX. Something of the size of the A332 would be much more logical, but that one would most likely require a stop along the way.

maybe TK needs 77L for these routes, good long range and not so dense as 77W

it is good to see these new routes but Ataturk airport is already too crowded, I don't know how will be the airport in the next few years

leftyboarder

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 am

Quoting LLA001 (Reply 80):
it is good to see these new routes but Ataturk airport is already too crowded, I don't know how will be the airport in the next few years

Maybe they will try to increase utilization or overnight at outposts even more?

C010T3

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 am

Good news for TK in the Southern Cone. Turkish applied yesterday for a modification in its HOTRAN ("transportation hours" - direct translation) before the Brazilian ANAC. That kind of application is a step after the green light for slots. The proposed schedule is:

TK15 77W -23-5-7 IST 0920 GRU 1900 2015 EZE 2155
TK16 77W -23-5-7 EZE 2355 GRU 0335+1 0505+1 IST 2125+1

Proposed start date: December 11, 2012

Turkish350XWB

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:06 am

Quoting C010T3 (Reply 82):
TK15 77W -23-5-7 IST 0920 GRU 1900 2015 EZE 2155
TK16 77W -23-5-7 EZE 2355 GRU 0335+1 0505+1 IST 2125+1

This schedule has good connectivity for Middle-East and Far-East flights and mean decoupling from the common Americas schedule.

nostrum

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:47 am

On TK's official Facebook page they posted the following message last Sunday:

News of the day! Turkish Airlines added 6 new destinations. Based on aircraft availability and upon obtaining the authorizations, operating flights will start to Caracas the capital of Venezuela; Mexico City the capital of Mexico; Havana the capital of Cuba; Boston and San Francisco, USA and Montreal, Canada. Stay tuned for more info!

Quoting AA767LOVER (Reply 79):
Hey I wonder why CUBANA stopped their IL-96 to SVO. . . would it work better to DME?

CU never flew the IL-96 to SVO. CU stopped flying with their a/c to SVO in the 1990s during Cuba's "Special Period in Time of Peace". Since the 1990s they code-share with SU 5x weekly SVO-HAV.

neveragain

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Quoting Nostrum (Reply 84):
Based on aircraft availability

I understand the requirement for operating authorities (especially with YUL), but why would this be in question? TK doesn't know how many aircraft it will have next year?

I guess what they're trying to say is, "If we have more profitable places to fly aircraft, we will."

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Quoting neveragain (Reply 85):
TK doesn't know how many aircraft it will have next year?

Besides planned jet arrivals, TK grabs planes in the lease market when it makes sense.
That was how Jet 77Ws came to TK, and convinced TK to purchase their own.
Likewise, TK leased 330s wet/dry when the price is right.
So, if TK can find some good deals we might see some of these routes open sooner than later.
And as usual if things change in the economic/political world we might never see them operate.

neveragain

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 86):
Besides planned jet arrivals, TK grabs planes in the lease market when it makes sense.

So, instead of

Quoting neveragain (Reply 85):
"If we have more profitable places to fly aircraft, we will."

It's rather

"If we get some cheap aircraft, we'll fly to Caracas"?

leftyboarder

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Quoting neveragain (Reply 87):
"If we get some cheap aircraft, we'll fly to Caracas"?

More like, "If - after we have determined the frequencies that we fly to current destinations and the aircraft we use on them, and as a result, know the frames that are available- we know that we have available aircraft to open and operate the route, we will". If adding a 2nd daily to LAX becomes more profitable, they will, rather than open CCS.

A388

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Quoting ASA (Reply 76):
Not even with just enough fuel to reach CCS ? That's way less payload. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I actually meant a BOG-CCS-IST routing. So the aircraft can lift off from BOG with enough fuel to CCS

Okay, now I see what you mean. If they fly IST-BOG-CCS than they can make it to CCS with a full payload and refuel in CCS for the onward flight back to IST.

Airlines mostly prefer to fly their aircraft at full payload but some flights are operated with weight restrictions. This depends on the destination involved. I've read before that EK route to either SFO or LAX is payload restricted but still operated with that restriction.

A388

neveragain

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Quoting leftyboarder (Reply 88):
If adding a 2nd daily to LAX becomes more profitable, they will, rather than open CCS.

Which is what I said in the first place.

So not much of a commitment.

Still interested as to why people think IAH made the cut when so many others to date haven't.

[Edited 2012-11-13 05:51:41]

leftyboarder

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Quoting neveragain (Reply 90):

Which is what I said in the first place.

So not much of a commitment.

Still interested as to why people think IAH made the cut when so many others to date haven't.

Because, that one was not part of a stock market announcement of intended destinations, but an official route announcement with actual schedule info and start date down to the day. TK has not given dates for any of the other destinations mentioned here - yet. IAH tickets are on sale, do you need any further proof?

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Quoting neveragain (Reply 90):
so many others

Besides EZE, ATL what other cities you are referring to?

neveragain

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 92):
Besides EZE, ATL what other cities you are referring to?

EZE, ATL, BOS, DTW, and MIA

I guess BOS is still on the list, though

Lightsaber posted above:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...ouston-and-potentially-miami-77202

leftyboarder

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Quoting neveragain (Reply 93):
DTW, and MIA

Those were never on the TK website. Only newspaper reports. BOS is indeed newly announced.

LAXintl

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 pm

I think a few posters here are getting these announcements confused for what they are not.

Under Turkish stock market regulations, TK must notify the market of major events including plans to launch new services.
The time frame between these notification and commencement of actual service can potentially be years.

If you are looking for an actual launch announcement, then I suggest you ignore these formal stock market notifications, and instead await a formal schedule listing in GDS and press release about a new route.
But what these notifications do serve is to signal the intention of the company, and their thinking in regards to network moves.

Also for reference TK as noted in reply 82, has applied for slots to commence EZE service as well. So something that was mentioned almost 2-years ago as a target route, is coming closer to reality now.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

neveragain

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 95):
Under Turkish stock market regulations, TK must notify the market of major events including plans to launch new services.

Thank you for the explanation. What's the required timeframe for these announcements? Houston was announced on the website to this regard on April 30, 2012. The schedules were filed 45 days later on June 16.

Quoting leftyboarder (Reply 94):
Those were never on the TK website. Only newspaper reports.

OK

BOS is indeed newly announced.

"Subject to aircraft availability," time unknown.

We may not all understand the nuances, but surely you can understand why many of us "non-insiders" are frequently confused.

ASA

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Quoting neveragain (Reply 93):
Lightsaber posted above:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...77202
Quoting LAXintl (Reply 95):
Under Turkish stock market regulations, TK must notify the market of major events including plans to launch new services. The time frame between these notification and commencement of actual service can potentially be years.

I just re-read the link ... it said "The airline has also indicated it will commence services to Miami, Boston, Detroit and Atlanta as part of its near- to medium-term network expansion plan with Miami also likely to be launched in 2013." ... only "intentions" and that too, a potential wait of 1-2 years ... just as LAXintl explained. Thanks for the clarification, guys!

Those were never on the TK website. Only newspaper reports. BOS is indeed newly announced.

I'm glad to hear this ... so BOS (hopefully) is in closer sights than the rest. In fact, with the recent arrangement with jetBlue ... this could indeed be a great North Atlantic gateway for TK. BOS is the second largest hub for B6 ... i'm sure there will be plenty traffic to connect ... in addition to the O&D.

Aircraft availability should be easier as well - as this could be an easy 332/333 route (about 4200 nm) ... bring it on before QR or EK calls it!  

LAXintl

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Also guys, don't forget TK CEO was also quoted last month stating besides new markets, another goal is to increase frequency on current longhaul routes also. More specifically he stated:

"More flights to destinations to New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Sao Paulo as well as locations in China and Japan."

Quoting neveragain (Reply 96):
Thank you for the explanation. What's the required timeframe for these announcements? Houston was announced on the website to this regard on April 30, 2012. The schedules were filed 45 days later on June 16.

Actually Houston was on the agenda back 2010. There was a Turkish government delegation visit including the transport minister which indicated TK would commence the service, but without a firm time frame. If you follow the Turkish aviation thread we had discussion back at the time as well.

But in essence there is no firm timeline required for the stock market notifications to happen. For instance YUL cannot happen until Canada bilateral is revised. How long that might take (if ever) is your guess. Other routes like EZE are also taking a long time, while others an happen rather fast.

As I pointed out earlier, these notifications basically only serve to provide an inside glimpse of what the network and commercial folks have in mind - a peak at their wish list essentially.

Quoting ASA (Reply 97):
Thanks for the clarification, guys!

Glad to provide the clarification.

Quoting ASA (Reply 97):
so BOS (hopefully) is in closer sights than the rest.

As I posted in the Turkish Av thread, BOS came very close to having been launched. If not for Star Alliance membership, TK would have planted a flag at BOS before IAD.
There has long existed decent local demand to/from BOS, so its only a matter of equipment before it become reality.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

wingedtaurus

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 pm

I think MEX is the strongest candidate. It is very similar to GRU who is making a good run. With GRU and MEX they have the two biggest LATAM cities and markets.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos