Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aeroblogger

RE: Indian Aviation Thread: Part 102

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:21 am

Quoting Nimish (Reply 44):
Jeez - is this still the case? Hopefully things have been cleaned up (somewhat) at AI?

They have... Hence the "once" in OP.

Freeloaders are still there, mostly powerful political figures, but there are a lot more restrictions now. Even the spouses of employees have a tough time getting tickets now...

Quoting na (Reply 45):
In the past 10 days I had 3 domestic flights in India, one with a Spice Jet 738, the others with A320s from Indigo and Go Air. All planes were less than 12 months old.
My verdict: Go Air no. 1, Indigo 2 and Spice Jet 3. In the densest LCC configuration the narrower 737 cant compete anymore, at least not for someone of my size. The Spice Jet 737 was a torture, the tightest seat I ever had.

I would tend to agree. I flew G8 for the first time on Sunday, and was very impressed. Definitely a step above 6E and SG 737s.

However, I'd say that the SG Q400s are the most comfortable aircraft in the fleet of Indian LCC's fleets. I also love IX's padding - very generous for Y.
#AvGeek

ojas

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:26 am

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 25):
a friend of mine once told me there were 32 freeloaders or sub loaders in J on an LR flight to JFK, , 32 out of 35 seats, and the flight was full otherwise, just imagine the st.ate of mind of pax who wanted a revenue ticket and could not get one.

If they are subloaders, they are checked-in 10 minutes prior to closure of check-in, wherein a revenue passenger will not come in for a last minute ticket (and that too with AI). I doubt if 32 revenue passengers were ditched to accommodate this entourage. Not that I'm saying AI doesn't ditch revenue passengers for sub loaders at all, however that is done in a calculative manner.

And if indeed the flight is empty and they accommodated 35 staff on this flight, who are entitled to this seat, I do not see anything wrong in it, or any content which should shock member lightsaber so much.

[Edited 2013-01-01 01:28:20]
Great leaders don't tell you what to do ... they show you how it's done!

na

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 47):
Are you referring on basis of seat pitch/leg room or seat width.

On seat width, seat pitch was at the lower extreme on all planes. Flying on an LCC in densest configuration, at least from now on the 737 is a no-go for me, the A320 at least offers wider seats so a minimum of movement is possible. In the two months old Spice Jet 738 I couldnt move at all in my tight window seat, it felt even tighter than Ryanair. Another 737 letdown: its windows are located too low, even a bit lower than on the A320 (where they are also too low, more suitable for kids than men).

lightsaber

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 43):
Quoting lightsaber (Reply 41):

What!?! Who would pay for J on AI if that were the case?!?

People who aren't politicians/politicians' friends?

But I was replying to them getting bumped by those politicians and the politician's friends. Who would pay for J when there is more than a more than 2% risk of getting bumped?

Quoting ojas (Reply 48):
IXE - DXB was an airport specific issue where it was declared "international" just a couple of months ago and 9W launched this route.

Now that is interesting. How quickly are airports in India be 'declared international?'

Quoting ojas (Reply 49):
6E will replace BOM/DEL - SIN to HYD/MAA - SIN. So Singapore is not being terminated, it's being replaced by HYD and MAA.

That seems like a rational route switch by 6E.

Lightsaber
8 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

ojas

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 53):
How quickly are airports in India be 'declared international?'

Depends on the political pressure.

But then an airport in India is declared international only after it meets certain standards (runway length, terminal etc etc).

Mangalore airport was declared international in Oct/Nov but has international operations by AIX since 2007.

aeroblogger

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 53):
But I was replying to them getting bumped by those politicians and the politician's friends. Who would pay for J when there is more than a more than 2% risk of getting bumped?

There is a 0% chance of getting bumped, except equipment swap. AI does not oversell J.
#AvGeek

AirIndia

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:15 am

Quoting ojas (Reply 51):
And if indeed the flight is empty and they accommodated 35 staff on this flight, who are entitled to this seat, I do not see anything wrong in it, or any content which should shock member lightsaber so much.

Recently on a long weekend in UAE, a certain sector on EK flight had 40+ subloaders.... all made the flight.

BLRAviation

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 41):
Interesting. I would have thought 9W would have been expanding even more to DXB. Is the Indian government slow in handing out permissions?
Quoting AirIndia (Reply 42):
Probably want to ramp up DXB operations before going to bed with EY.... coz then they might have to focus on AUH...

Just to begin the new year on a conspiracy theory.  

Is it possible that MoCA is giving DXB permissions to ensure the Indian side of DXB quota is filled. This way when they do grant permission to EK to go from present 55K seats per week to 89K seats per week, this will deflect criticism of the CAG?

Just a thought for those A.netters with ïnside" knowledge to discuss.
I am on Twitter @BLRAviation

BLRAviation

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 am

Quoting na (Reply 52):
On seat width, seat pitch was at the lower extreme on all planes. Flying on an LCC in densest configuration, at least from now on the 737 is a no-go for me, the A320 at least offers wider seats so a minimum of movement is possible.

Boeing 737s have 17" seat and depending on airline seat pitch is typically 31" for LCC and 32" or 33" for legacy. Total 189 seats. FR reduces to 30" but no increase in seats.

Airbus A320 is 18" seat width and typically 30" pitch in LCC. U2 is 29", though they get no benefit in additional seats. They have 183 seats while 6E has 180 like all other LCC. U2 gets the additional 3 seats by removing one of the two rear lavatories.

EK 777s which have 10 abreast seating are also at 17" seat width though many airlines with 9 abreast like BA do not offer wider seats by default.

www.Seatguru.com is a great resource. Mostly accurate.

karan69

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:32 am

Quoting Nimish (Reply 44):
Jeez - is this still the case? Hopefully things have been cleaned up (somewhat) at AI?

Yes things got a lot better after Jadhav had taken charge, he made some very good operational sound decisions , however staff hated him and without any political support he got the boot from the job,

Sad if you ask he was the one person who would provide AI some stability

The flight I mention was a JFK-BOM sector, a route no longer operated by the carrier and Jadhav rightfully axing it

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 50):
Even the spouses of employees have a tough time getting tickets now...

That is not true , i have seen recent i.e. 2012 cases where "spouses", are given seats well in advance

Quoting ojas (Reply 51):
And if indeed the flight is empty and they accommodated 35 staff on this flight, who are entitled to this seat,

Apparently the flight was full, the shocking bit is not 32 staff tickets, but 32 J Staff tickets

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 50):
However, I'd say that the SG Q400s are the most comfortable aircraft in the fleet of Indian LCC's fleets.

While the q400 is a good aircraft , much more silent and better cabin appeal than the ATRs, the SG ones have a beam like strutcture running all the way through the window rows, which forces you to sit in an uncomfortable position especially if your neighbouring seat is occupied

Quoting ojas (Reply 49):
So Singapore is not being terminated, it's being replaced by HYD and MAA.

The major VFR traffic to SIN is from MAA , so it makes much more sense to target these cities for a so called LCC like 6E

Karan

ojas

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 am

Quoting karan69 (Reply 59):
but 32 J Staff tickets

Either ways, how would it matter?

Whether they were entitled for Y and got into J is something to be investigated (that is if there is an iota of intention to do so by the airline). However, if the J class was empty and they accommodated 32 staff travelers; no big deal. Upper management families are entitled to J class sub load. So accepting 32 J class subload travelers isn't really that alarming. Qatar Airways has once taken 57 staff out of Mumbai.

It could also be the case where revenue J class passenger's were upgraded to First and the entourage was taken in J? I know for a fact on the EWR flight the chances of bumping into F from J are very high.

AirIndia

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 am

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 57):
Is it possible that MoCA is giving DXB permissions to ensure the Indian side of DXB quota is filled. This way when they do grant permission to EK to go from present 55K seats per week to 89K seats per week, this will deflect criticism of the CAG?

That was among Ajit Singhs first few statements after becoming MoCA that let the indian carriers start using their quota....

Quote:
The government has decided not to sign any more Air Services Agreement (ASA) with other nations till Indian carriers exhaust their quota under the existing agreements. ASA decides the quota of seat allocation to airlines from other countries.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/-n...dian-carriers-use-up-quota-/997882

HAWK21M

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:01 am

Quoting ojas (Reply 51):
I doubt if 32 revenue passengers were ditched to accommodate this entourage.

Agreed.

Quoting na (Reply 52):
On seat width, seat pitch was at the lower extreme on all planes.

seems like a Type issue .....

the SG ones have a beam like strutcture running all the way through the window rows, which forces you to sit in an uncomfortable position especially if your neighbouring seat is occupied

Any pics?.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

aeroblogger

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Yes things got a lot better after Jadhav had taken charge, he made some very good operational sound decisions , however staff hated him and without any political support he got the boot from the job,

Sad if you ask he was the one person who would provide AI some stability

The flight I mention was a JFK-BOM sector, a route no longer operated by the carrier and Jadhav rightfully axing it

I think Nandan has done a better job than Jadhav could have dreamed of. Being able to command support of workgroups and the government is a critical aspect of the job.

That is not true , i have seen recent i.e. 2012 cases where "spouses", are given seats well in advance

I didn't say it doesn't happen, I said it has gotten far more difficult.

While the q400 is a good aircraft , much more silent and better cabin appeal than the ATRs, the SG ones have a beam like strutcture running all the way through the window rows, which forces you to sit in an uncomfortable position especially if your neighbouring seat is occupied

I didn't find it uncomfortable at all - I liked resting my feet on the beam. My 11th Q400 flight with a window seat was last week, and I have no intention of changing my travel patterns back home to IXE. The Q is just too comfortable and convenient.
#AvGeek

karan69

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 58):

Yup Devesh,

Comfort wise

A 9 abreast 787 is a kin to a 10 abreast 77W, just like a 10 abreast 350xwb would be like a 9 abreast 330

320s are defi more comfortable than most 737s

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 62):

Check the post MEL , have posted a pic of the same

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 63):

I like Nandan as well , but he would make a good HR head , IMO he lacks the operational judgement of Jadhav, and the quickness in taking routes

WRt Q400s

Rohit , i guess to each his own,

As I said I liked the aircraft , I found that foot rest odd, ultra convenient if the aisle seat is empty,

If you don't mind me asking how tall and heavy are you, I am nearly 6 feet and 82 kgs, hence my stature makes that footrest rather unnecessary for me

karan

karan69

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 am

Guys I posted on the Turkish Aviation thread that some sources suggest the 9W has signed a 4 aircraft deal with TK for the 777s, these are the ones that are currently with Thai

Karan

cricket

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 am

Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone, I was on my annual "offline" vacation. Secondly, my first question of the year.

Anyone here know which lounges in India give access to Priority Pass holders?

And in other news, airport fees at DEL have finally fallen (thank god!), although I wonder what will happen to the fees that passengers have already paid for flights after Jan 1 in advance.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...regulatory-authority-delhi-airport

And the EY saga continues, I heard on CNBC-TV18 that EY wasn't really interested in taking on Kingfisher's debt burden. Who would have thunk that?
been there, flown that

Thenoflyzone

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Anyone know what is going on with AI and YYZ. They were supposed to resume DEL-YYZ in March, but they have canceled those plans. There is now no planned service resumption date for Toronto.

http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/03/ai-yyz-mar13update/

Thenoflyzone

[Edited 2013-01-03 06:35:05]
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

JOYA380B747

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 66):
Anyone here know which lounges in India give access to Priority Pass holders?
http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

777way

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Nimish

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 69):
JAL intertested in Bangalore and Chennai http://japandailypress.com/japan-air...16384

Awesome news - though I was selfishly hoping it would be a *A carrier that starts BLR - even UA from it's massive hub at NRT, or ideally NH with their BBJ to get started.
Incredible India!

pnqiad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 66):
And the EY saga continues, I heard on CNBC-TV18 that EY wasn't really interested in taking on Kingfisher's debt burden. Who would have thunk that?

Apparently EY is now in talks with 9W for a stake...

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporat...th-etihad-315566?pfrom=home-latest

brahmin

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:26 pm

My friend got bumped today, 4 Jan., on AI 191 from BOM to EWR. AI sent them home and said that they might possibly get a seat tomorrow.

My friend is too innocent for this. She is thinking of buying a one-way ticket back to New York.

I have asked her to demand compensation, get upgraded and/or get put on some other airline.

What rights does she have and what should she do?

aeroblogger

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:20 am

Quoting karan69 (Reply 64):
WRt Q400s

Rohit , i guess to each his own,

As I said I liked the aircraft , I found that foot rest odd, ultra convenient if the aisle seat is empty,

If you don't mind me asking how tall and heavy are you, I am nearly 6 feet and 82 kgs, hence my stature makes that footrest rather unnecessary for me

I'm 1.8m, 65kgs - not so different...

Quoting brahmin (Reply 72):
My friend got bumped today, 4 Jan., on AI 191 from BOM to EWR. AI sent them home and said that they might possibly get a seat tomorrow.

My friend is too innocent for this. She is thinking of buying a one-way ticket back to New York.

I have asked her to demand compensation, get upgraded and/or get put on some other airline.

I already responded to this on FT, but I forgot to add: when flying without status always on-line check in, especially during holiday season.
#AvGeek

BLRAviation

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:19 am

DCGA has a CAR (Civil Aviation Requirement) on facilities to be provided to passengers denied boarding or for delayed flights. http://www.bangaloreaviation.com/201...-on-facilities-to-be-provided.html

Why did she get bumped? What were the reasons given? Are they in writing? Did she meet with a duty manager? Name? Time? i.e. can she prove she was bumped i.e. denied boarding, and not merely a "no-show" as the airline will claim. Sorry to be playing devil's advocate here.

ACT7

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:42 am

Quoting thenoflyzone (Reply 67):
Anyone know what is going on with AI and YYZ. They were supposed to resume DEL-YYZ in March, but they have canceled those plans. There is now no planned service resumption date for Toronto.http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/03/ai-yyz-mar13update/Thenoflyzone[Edited 2013-01-03 06:35:05]

It's bizarre. I'm hearing that AI has major issues with that flight starting in Amritsar and has been wanting to get rid of that leg for quite some time. The AI pilot's strike gave them impetus to do so.

HAWK21M

Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:21 am

Quoting pnqiad (Reply 71):

Apparently EY is now in talks with 9W for a stake...

Amazingly no foreign Airline FDI interests in Indian operators so far materializing......

ojas

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Effective 01MAR, IndiGo Airlines will start daily flights between DXB and TRV. Also on the same day 6E will start it's second flight between BOM and DXB. With this 6E will have 56 weekly flights out of DXB to India.

6E 037 DXB - TRV 1820 2115
6E 038 TRV - DXB 1125 1515

6E 063 BOM - DXB 0835 1025
6E 064 DXB - BOM 1125 1555

Aircraft: A320

himmat01

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:00 am

Has AI finally got rid of the B777-237LRs? This blog seems to suggest that Aerosvit is acquiring them,

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace/blogs/john_dyer/default.aspx

Aerosvit B738 UR-AAN (38119) was ferried from Kiev to Istanbul/Sabiha Gokcen on 10/1 for transfer to Ukraine International as UR-PSE & returned to Kiev on 11/1. UR-AAO (38120) will also transfer to Ukraine International as UR-PSF. All the B763s are to be returned to the lessor & will be replaced by five former Air India B772s, which will join Ukraine International from March onwards.
An airplane might disappoint any pilot but it'll never surprise a good one.

AirIndia

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 am

Thread is moving a bit slow.....

From todays news:
QR interested in a spicy meal....

Quote:
Low-cost carrier (LCC) SpiceJet could be the second Indian carrier after Jet Airways to get foreign direct investment from an international airline. The LCC is reportedly in talks with some foreign carriers, with highly-placed sources saying Gulf carrier Qatar Airways being the most likely suitor, and the deal could materialize this quarter.

NG already informed BSE about EY's intentions

Quote:
The aviation ministry has not officially been informed of an impending stake sale in the LCC to a foreign airline, unlike the Jet-Etihad talks which have now been confirmed by Naresh Goyal's carrier to the BSE. "The information we have gathered is that SpiceJet may be selling stake to Qatar Airways but we are waiting for a word from the airline," said a senior official.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...-SpiceJet/articleshow/18026790.cms

[email protected]

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 am

Air India back to its games again:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...81.ece?ref=wl_industry-and-economy

quote:

In a move that could generate more controversy for the proposed Jet Airways-Etihad deal, Air India has written to the Ministry of Civil Aviation saying that allowing the deal to go through could affect the overall complexion of international air passenger flow to and from India.

/unquote

I thought the FDI limit was 49% i the first place. Neither will AI clean up its house nor will it let any private carrier prosper as well. The *A drama in itself runs like the never ending tele serials of a certain production house in India.

CaliAtenza

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 am

Quoting Nimish (Reply 70):

Awesome news - though I was selfishly hoping it would be a *A carrier that starts BLR - even UA from it's massive hub at NRT, or ideally NH with their BBJ to get started.

would UA ever start BLR, seeing as 3 Star carriers (LH, SQ and TG) already service BLR? Moreover, any new news about TK starting BLR? I know last i heard it was HYD and MAA....

Nimish

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am

Quoting caliatenza (Reply 81):
Moreover, any new news about TK starting BLR?

I don't think TK has any plans for BLR
Incredible India!

cricket

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:54 am

I just flew in and out of CCU; the new terminal seems to have much of the civil work, that is the structure complete but contact gates are just being added and it appeared that work has not even started inside the terminal. Meanwhile in the existing domestic terminal the rush is incredible, security queues are unbearably long and flights get routinely delayed because passengers are stuck in security queues, after having spent a rather painful time on the roads to the airport which are clogged due to infrastructure work on flyovers and the Kolkata Metro improvement.
The new terminal at CCU has missed several deadlines already and it does not appear likely that it will meet its (present) deadline. I personally don't expect the terminal to open before late-2013 at the earliest.
been there, flown that

golfradio

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Quoting himmat01 (Reply 78):

Thanks for the link. Really interesting news if confirmed. Aerosvit is not doing too well and I am not sure if they are out of bankruptcy. How are they financing this? They cancelled a lot of flights this month.
CSeries forever. Bring back the old site.

CaliAtenza

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Quoting Nimish (Reply 82):
I don't think TK has any plans for BLR

there was a meeting not too long ago between Turkish and Indian officials; the Turkish side mentioned that TK was looking to expand to CCU, BLR, MAA and HYD

cricket

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Quick question - I saw two of the CD (Air India Express) CRJ-700's parked at the domestic hangers in DEL - VT-RJC without both engines and VT-RJD without the left engine and the right engine all taped up. Anyone know the exact status of these aircraft? Here is a picture that I caught from my flight.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg609/kushanmitra/rjc_zps597b7596.jpg
been there, flown that

CaliAtenza

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 am

CaliAtenza

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 am

http://ttgasia.com/article.php?article_id=20269

"Turkish Airlines has also applied for approval to double the number of daily flights it runs from New Delhi and Mumbai. The airline has also applied to operate services to Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Amritsar."

any insights on this?

himmat01

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:29 am

Quoting caliatenza (Reply 87):

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...y-an-hour/articleshow/18055080.cms

wow...this is a doozy, but its AI  .

I really doubt this story. A pilot even in AI simply cannot overrule the instruction from crew scheduling. Let us assume that she did disobey the instruction, they must have had some other pilot at the airport who would operate the Jodhpur flight, she was scheduled to operate.

He/she could have operated the 2.00 PM flight to DEL.
An airplane might disappoint any pilot but it'll never surprise a good one.

CaliAtenza

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:31 am

Quoting himmat01 (Reply 89):

I really doubt this story. A pilot even in AI simply cannot overrule the instruction from crew scheduling. Let us assume that she did disobey the instruction, they must have had some other pilot at the airport who would operate the Jodhpur flight, she was scheduled to operate.

He/she could have operated the 2.00 PM flight to DEL.

So TOI is making up a fake story (It is TOI, but still...). ?

aeroblogger

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Quoting caliatenza (Reply 90):

It's Mumbai Mirror which originally made this news.
#AvGeek

HAWK21M

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 am

Quoting caliatenza (Reply 90):

The usual TOI "sources" story  

VTORD

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:58 pm

This is my first post on A.net so please excuse my ignorance.

A year ago I travelled to BOM on DL-AF via CDG and they charged me $60 for my second bag at ORD. I was not charged at BOM. My bro-in-law told me that DGCA does not allow carriers to charge the 2nd bag fee for internationals out of India. Is this rule still in place? My buddy is traveling back after getting married and I guess he has baggage!   He is traveling DL-KL via AMS.

I just booked UA for myself and my ticket states that I will be charged $100 for the second bag in BOM too. I was trying to look up the DGCA website but could not find anything there. Any idea?

Thanks
Ameya

aeroblogger

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Quoting VTORD (Reply 93):
My bro-in-law told me that DGCA does not allow carriers to charge the 2nd bag fee for internationals out of India. Is this rule still in place?

This rule was never in place

Quoting VTORD (Reply 93):
I just booked UA for myself and my ticket states that I will be charged $100 for the second bag in BOM too. I was trying to look up the DGCA website but could not find anything there. Any idea?

A3*G will give you 3 bags free. A couple trips to India should do it...
#AvGeek

HAWK21M

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 am

Is VJMs ACJ still flying....as I noticed something similiar storage-parked at VABB on Apron L yesterday.

cricket

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 95):

Is VJMs ACJ still flying....as I noticed something similiar storage-parked at VABB on Apron L yesterday.

This was the Business Standard story a few days ago, a lot of controversy around the aircraft. I heard that Mallya has taken a few 6E flights recently

http://www.business-standard.com/ind...sues-order-to-detain-fleet/498512/
been there, flown that

VTORD

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am

Quoting Cricket (Reply 96):
I heard that Mallya has taken a few 6E flights recently

LOL!   

cricket

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 am

Interesting Supreme Court ruling on airline fares in India. Airlines will likely now have to lump all the overheads into one consolidated fare, which will definitely be useful for passengers booking tix. That said, I believe that airline fares ought not to be regulated. There is no doubt that in real terms, airline fares are less than half of what they were a decade agao.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/ai...nsaction-fees-supreme-court-321221
been there, flown that

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Jet Airways expects nearly $300 million for its 24% stake sale to Ethiad. Are slots easily available at Munich?

http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...ng-closer/articleshow/18186783.cms
Quote:
After intense speculation for months, India's largest airline by way of market capitalisation Naresh Goyal's Jet Airways, - is set to announce a deal with Abu-Dhabi based carrier Etihad in the first week of February, sources said.

"Jet Airways' overseas base may even be shifted to Munich from Brussels and a major part of overseas operations would be sourced to and from Abu Dhabi as per the deal," sources added.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos