Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LaoLao
Topic Author

Germanwings: When Does The New CI Start?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Their website is still in the old colours. And i also see many billboards with the old CI.
Why they spend so much money with the old CI? Doesn't make sense to me.

airevents

RE: Germanwings: When Does The New CI Start?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Well that is money they spent before. Some advertisement boards are probably rented for xxx time period and the cost would be higher to replace them. I think the official launch is only due in the summer. A couple of aircraft are, however, already flying in the new colour scheme. I would expect everything to be fully rebranded by July or so.

ushermittwoch

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 pm

I saw one of the newly painted a/c as a Christmas present at CGN. The livery actually doesn't look too bland in person. I was pleasantly surprised.
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

aloges

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm

I flew STN-CGN this Saturday and the cabin crew referred to their company as "Germanwings, Lufthansa Group" several times. Am I mistaken or is this really a recent modification?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

SQ22

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Quoting aloges (Reply 3):
I flew STN-CGN this Saturday and the cabin crew referred to their company as "Germanwings, Lufthansa Group" several times. Am I mistaken or is this really a recent modification?

The last times I travelled out and back to TXL I saw some birds in the new livery, they are carrying the letters Lufthansa Group on their bodies as well.

jumpjets

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Quoting aloges (Reply 3):
I flew STN-CGN this Saturday and the cabin crew referred to their company as "Germanwings, Lufthansa Group" several times

I guess as Germanwings take over more mainline LH routes the new message is potentially designed to reassure passengers they are still in the 'safe' care of Lufthansa group and not some second tier low cost airline - even if they are getting LCC service.

n729pa

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 am

Quoting airevents (Reply 1):
I would expect everything to be fully rebranded by July or so

Is this when we can expect Germanwings to take over the flights into say DUS, HAM, BER etc?

Only I was looking at flights from LHR-DUS and BER earlier this week on LH's site for Apr/May and they still appear to be under the LH operation. Having flown LH for the first time last year, I was quite impressed with their service, but then I expected to be good too . So I'm a bit apprehensive what Germanwings will be like compared to them.

davidho1985

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 am

Quoting n729pa (Reply 6):
Quoting airevents (Reply 1):I would expect everything to be fully rebranded by July or so
Is this when we can expect Germanwings to take over the flights into say DUS, HAM, BER etc?

Only I was looking at flights from LHR-DUS and BER earlier this week on LH's site for Apr/May and they still appear to be under the LH operation. Having flown LH for the first time last year, I was quite impressed with their service, but then I expected to be good too . So I'm a bit apprehensive what Germanwings will be like compared to them.

Only Non-hub short haul flights will be take over by Germanwings

Eurohub

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 am

Quoting davidho1985 (Reply 7):
Only Non-hub short haul flights will be take over by Germanwings
Quoting n729pa (Reply 6):

LH mainline will only be operating the flights to/from FRA and MUC so both LHR-DUS and LHR-TXL will be operated by 4U on behalf of LH.

n729pa - you have nothing to worry about travelling with 4U, in my experience they are a very professional outfit and not an LCC in the same mold as FR; and you could reasonably expect your flights to be on ex-LH aircraft staffed by ex-LH crews anyway. FWIW, I expect this influence will see a general increase in the quality of the 4U service.

Eurohub
Forget A vs B - Give me E or BAe any day of the week!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos