yellowtail

RE: Central American Aviation Thread. Part 52

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:38 am

Does anyone hav any clue when we will see the next round of CMs route announcement...a couple were due in March....but March is about to end and with Santa Semana upon us I doubt we will see anything this week.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

2travel2know2

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 50):
Does anyone hav any clue when we will see the next round of CMs route announcement

i've no clue when CM would make the new destination announcements, but since I could guess CM wants to cash on the FIFA world cup Brazil 2014, SSA could be among those new destinations. CWB could be another possibility but it does have runway issues for a CWB-PTY non-stop.
Lets hope CM does return to DAV now that the airport has a new terminal.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

copa330200

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:49 pm

according to Panama Prensa British Airways will land in PTY by the end of 2013.

http://www.prensa.com/impreso/economia/negocios-la-hora-del-te/165392

I think this is hard to believe..
On the run !!!

Summa767

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Quoting copa330200 (Reply 52):
I think this is hard to believe..

Could be. Especially is the Panamanian government offers money incentives, such as it does to other European airlines.
BA is receiving new long haul airplanes this year (A380s and 787s), so there will be some capacity for growth. I guess that if it happens it would be an LGW flight with a 777.
Let's wait and see...

2travel2know2

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Quoting summa767 (Reply 53):
BA is receiving new long haul airplanes this year (A380s and 787s), so there will be some capacity for growth. I guess that if it happens it would be an LGW flight with a 777.

A BA LGW-PTY is what The Panama Tourist Authority have been trying to get from BA for quite some time.
They knew the chances of getting something out of LGW were far greater than of a LHR flight.
I'd not doubt for a moment that the future BA LGW-PTY flight will bear a CM code-share as CM does on IB MAD-PTY.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

copa330200

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Could be. Especially is the Panamanian government offers money incentives, such as it does to other European airlines.

100% agree  

I´ll love to see BA and other airlines ( LH) coming to PTY in the near future !!! that will be awason !!! but BA within this year since I bit stretch though doable !! let's hope for the best !   
On the run !!!

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 51):
CWB could be another possibility but it does have runway issues for a CWB-PTY non-stop.

Perhaps any triangular route is a valid choice for Copa Airlines in the future.
For illustrative purposes, AA MIA-CWB-POA-MIA will begin on December 19th.

Quoting copa330200 (Reply 52):
according to Panama Prensa British Airways will land in PTY by the end of 2013

I expect IB MAD-PTY 5x weekly becoming daily prior to any BA LON-PTY.

Especially is the Panamanian government offers money incentives, such as it does to other European airlines.

We're still waiting for LH in Panama which is valid for the objectives followed by Star Alliance.

BA is receiving new long haul airplanes this year (A380s and 787s), so there will be some capacity for growth.

As far as I know, the new north pier at PTY is capable to handle the 380. I'm not implying that this is the suitable plane for any BA LON-PTY in the future.

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 54):
I'd not doubt for a moment that the future BA LGW-PTY flight will bear a CM code-share as CM does on IB MAD-PTY.

CM sustains code-share agreements with IB MAD-PTY and KL AMS-PTY.
In other words, if LH would land at PTY some day, it won't be easy the establishment of a new code-share cooperation with other European airline.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

viaggiare

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Saw KX bird VP-CKY sitting on the apron at SJO yesterday 3/23 at 1630Z by the main pax terminal nowhere near the COOPESA hangar. Wonder what she was up to.
Entre el fuerte y el débil, la libertad oprime. Sólo la ley libera.

2travel2know2

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:19 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 56):
Perhaps any triangular route is a valid choice for Copa Airlines in the future.
For illustrative purposes, AA MIA-CWB-POA-MIA will begin on December 19th.

For CM both POA and CWB are markets which could sustain non-stop on their own.
A CM PTY-CWB-POA-PTY route would only make less attractive CM in both CWB and POA. AA could well fly that MIA-CWB-POA-MIA because it's a MIA service and for MIA alone Brazilians would endure such a route.
If CM is to launch a triangular in Brazil it'd most likely be adding FOR stop to the west-bound REC-PTY. only if REC loads continue to not meet CM expectations.
And in the mean-while, those former Malev B737-600 (able to take-off from CWB runway non-stop to PTY) haven found a home yet.

Quote:
I expect IB MAD-PTY 5x weekly becoming daily prior to any BA LON-PTY.

PTY (I'd rather say CM) went to great lengths to keep IB MAD-PTY flying when IB suspended a huge number of flights due to strike.
CM wants LON feed to its PTY hub and right-now both CM and BA realise that IB MAD-PTY can't provide that.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Speaking about Copa Airlines, the 738 is the exclusive aircraft in their high density routes.
No more 73Gs on the following segments lately: CM PTY-GRU, CM PTY-GIG, CM PTY-MEX, CM PTY-EZE, CM PTY-SCL, CM PTY-CUN, CM PTY-LAX, CM PTY-JFK, CM PTY-MIA, CM PTY-COR, CM PTY-CCS, CM PTY-CNF and CM PTY-BSB, among others.

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 58):
A CM PTY-CWB-POA-PTY route would only make less attractive CM in both CWB and POA. AA could well fly that MIA-CWB-POA-MIA because it's a MIA service and for MIA alone Brazilians would endure such a route.

It's rather a technical issue for any plane fully packed on the way back either to Miami or Panama City out of the short runway at CWB.
CM doesn't tend to operate tag-on segments, besides their inner Central American routes and the airline had asked for SSA instead as a possible candidate for their expansión plans.
In my view, Curitiba is a viable station for CM and TA/AV in the future. However, I have my technical doubts about any 73G completely loaded operating the north-bound sector into CWB-PTY as non-stop.

Regards.

yellowtail

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:56 am

Tropic Air commenced service to Cancun on Monday from BZE. This flight markes the resumption of air links between the two countries.

copa330200

Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:41 pm

http://www.prensa.com/impreso/econom...ama-negocia-acuerdos-aereos/166737

based on the article,
1- PTY is expecting to land 2 new airline by the end of the current year.
2- CM is looking for options to start Montreal
On the run !!!

2travel2know2

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Quoting copa330200 (Reply 61):
based on the article,
1- PTY is expecting to land 2 new airline by the end of the current year.
2- CM is looking for options to start Montreal

Add to those the bilateral agreements with Israel, Egypt, Turkey, Jordan and Qatar. Not sure what'd they be good for right-now but they'd have some value in the near future.
But the bad news, as it was expected: Argentina still refuses to talk about increased frequencies to that country, thus CM adding MDZ, ROS, SLA to its destinations network are to be put on hold indefinitely.
Could CM be able to add a couple of frequencies if its aircraft used for Argentina-PTY flights was an Argentine registered?

Interesting note is that Panamanian Aviation authorities keep saying we've open skies with Perú, yet CM had to open IQT in order to get an extra daily frequency to LIM.
When Perú says open skies it means "free to fly but not to LIM"? Still waiting for PTY.-AQP here.

If Panama has open skies with U.S.A., Guatemala, Nicaragua and Peru, would it mean that CM is in theory allowed to fly between MGA/GUA and points in the U.S.A.? How about between Peru and U.S.A.?
Lets see how the new AV performs in MGA/GUA-U.S.A. non-stop routes to check if Nicaragua and Guatemala knock on CM door asking for MGA/GUA-U.S.A. flights.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:09 am

As of April 15th, Avianca is implementing its AV code in selected flights operated by TA/LR nowadays. The current operations will keep the schedule, frequencies and equipment. The first stage is considering the following flights:

LR 693 SJO-PTY-MDE
LR 692 MDE-PTY-SJO
TA 146 LIM-MDE
TA 157 MDE-LIM
TA 369 SAL-MDE
TA 370 MDE-SAL
TA 422 SAL-MCO
TA 423 MCO-SAL

Quoting copa330200 (Reply 61):
CM is looking for options to start Montreal

I don't visualize any CM PTY-YUL prior to CM PTY-YYZ 4x weekly becoming on a daily basis.

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 62):
CM is in theory allowed to fly between MGA/GUA and points in the U.S.A.?

I remind the possibility of GUA as a possible hub for Copa Airlines, in order to exploit better the new terminal.
This topic was discussed five years ago. Nothing happened.

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 62):
How about between Peru and U.S.A.?

Both Lan Peru and Avianca wouldn't allow any chance on CM [Peru-USA] as non-stop flights.

Regards.

2travel2know2

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 63):
I don't visualize any CM PTY-YUL prior to CM PTY-YYZ 4x weekly becoming on a daily basis.

It's all up to what else the Canadians are willing to allow CM.
For CM, Canada-Latin America demand is so critical that the airline just can't be crying-out for not been able to fly daily to YYZ; if what Canada gives it is access to YUL, CM will take it and start PTY-YUL.

Quote:
Both Lan Peru and Avianca wouldn't allow any chance on CM [Peru-USA] as non-stop flights.

So much for "real" open-skies.

January 16% traffic increase @ PTY compared to January 2012 From www.prensa.com in Spanish
PTY got a 16% passenger increase figure for this past January when compared to last years.
Transit passengers went up 23% compared to same period last year.
It's believed PTY will handle 7.5million passengers this year.
According to La Prensa, when the new South Terminal will be completed, PTY may have capacity to handle 15million passengers per year.
That new terminal and airport expansion have a tremendous price tag of USD680million.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:20 am

From the above press release in Spanish:

"Una vez esté habilitada la nueva terminal sur, el aeropuerto tendrá la capacidad para manejar 15 millones de pasajeros. La primera etapa de la nueva ampliación deberá estar operativa a mediados de 2014."

PTY is already handling some flights from the remote platform which is located in the area where the south pier will be built.
Based on the current diagram of the airport, the "remote area B" is capable to hold six positions and numbered from 34 till 39.

Regards.

avi8

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 am

I wonder when we will here about expansion at GUA. The airport had a 6% increase in passengers for 2012. GUA handled almost the same as SAL if not more without a hub.

Anyways, that is great news for PTY! Both Panama and CM have done an excellent job at building PTY, no doubt they will one day be as big as a US airport!
avi8

2travel2know2

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:04 am

Quoting avi8 (Reply 66):
Anyways, that is great news for PTY! Both Panama and CM have done an excellent job at building PTY, no doubt they will one day be as big as a US airport!

Right now I don't know about that, I've not seen where the future 3rd and 4th runways would go and the area around the "newest" runway is going to be building-up fast.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:23 am

I foresee PTY as one of the most successful Latin American airports by 2025.
In terms of the Central American landscape, it has by far surpassed the level of service of their regional competitors: GUA, SAL and SJO. The point is clearly released just counting their amount of jet-bridges, destinations and frequencies.
The challenge for the Panamanian authorities consists also to attract new inter-continental airlines, in order to exploit better the international agreements related to civil aviation.

Regards.

yellowtail

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:52 am

I am hearing rumblings once again that both AV and CM are being solicited heavily by the Skyteam partners to leave Star. Lots of promises about new long haul service to PTY being used as sweetners.

2travel2know2

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 69):
Lots of promises about new long haul service to PTY being used as sweetners.

Star Alliance Far East airlines haven't been that much receptive to CM (and Panama in general) wish for a PTY-Asia direct flight.
So Sky trying to woo CM back to Sky with KE ICN-PTY (stop en-route somewhere not requiring U.S./Canada visas) may be the sweetener?
But then, wouldn't be a quite erratic behaviour from CM's part to have been an Sky associate member, left Sky, joined Star and then go back to Sky?
We know CM marriage was with Sky-team CO not with Star-Alliance UA and I could bet the new UA relation with CM isn't quite the same as former CO was, specially now when both CM and the new AV are in Star.
Guess if CM leaves Star-Alliance for Sky-team, CM would start PTY-IAH and PTY-SFO.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 am

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 69):
both AV and CM are being solicited heavily by the Skyteam partners to leave Star

It won't be easy for SkyTeam grouping as AV-TA are promoting its commercial relation with Star Alliance as follows:

"Avianca and Taca are proud of being a member of the world’s leading alliance of airlines, the Star Alliance. It has the highest number of member airlines, daily flights, destinations and countries where they fly."

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 70):
wouldn't be a quite erratic behaviour from CM's part to have been an Sky associate member, left Sky, joined Star and then go back to Sky?

Agreed.
CM has always acted as a follower of the former CO.
Once the merger UA-CO took place and regarding its new status into Star Alliance as well, CM rapidly suspended its membership as "SkyTeam associated airline."
Authorities of the Panamanian airline preferred to remain as a "non-aligned" airline whilst they pursued an active membership within Star Alliance.
By the way, both CM and [AV-TA] entered into Star Alliance on June 21st 2012.

Regards.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:10 am

TA SAL-MCO 4x weekly with E90 will also experience the AV code from April 22nd as follows:

AV 422 SAL-MCO
AV 423 MCO-SAL

This will be the first flight entirely operated by TA changing to the AV designator.

Regards

avi8

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 am

I wonder if TA/AV will re-start GUA-MCO again for the summer season. Any rumors on prospective routes?
avi8

2travel2know2

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 72):
TA SAL-MCO 4x weekly with E90

Pretty sure lots of seats on those AV SAL-MCO are sold as Orlando holiday programmes from BOG or LIM and beyond.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

yellowtail

Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 74):
Pretty sure lots of seats on those AV SAL-MCO are sold as Orlando holiday programmes from BOG or LIM and beyond.

Maybe, but from those markets would be better on CM. there is sizeable SJO/GUA/SAL family traffic to MCO during the school holiday period.....but flying it with a E-jet is just a token effort and probably reflects the intense competition for those travellers from CM, B6, AA and even DL.

RCS763AV

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 75):
Maybe, but from those markets would be better on CM
Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 74):
Pretty sure lots of seats on those AV SAL-MCO are sold as Orlando holiday programmes from BOG or LIM

BOG has daily flights to MCO on both AV and B6...the only reason people would take a connecting flight through SAL or PTY would be a much lower fare than available on the non-stops, and I don't think AV or CM can compete with B6 on that.

viaggiare

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 75):
there is sizeable SJO/GUA/SAL family traffic to MCO during the school holiday period.....but flying it with a E-jet is just a token effort and probably reflects the intense competition

At what point does pulling the plug altogether on certain routes —especially those where their weaknesses become more apparent— make more sense than offering such limited service?

yellowtail

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Quoting viaggiare (Reply 77):
At what point does pulling the plug altogether on certain routes —especially those where their weaknesses become more apparent— make more sense than offering such limited service?

You know we are taking about AV/TA right? 

viaggiare

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 78):
You know we are taking about AV/TA right?

Thrice-weekly Airlines, you said?

yellowtail

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 am

Tropic Air will further increase its SAP-BZE to daily effective May 1. The added 2 days will see evening (RON) service vs the current late morning flights....and will allow for same day connections at BZE from the CUN flight. This will allow SAP pax to get to CUN 7 days a week and return 2 days a week without overnighting in BZE.

San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP)

Flt # Route Dep Service Days
2200 BZE > SAP 0800 Sun, Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri
2202 BZE > SAP 1630 Mon, Fri

2201 SAP > BZE 0930 Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri
2205 SAP > BZE 0700 Sat

So effective May 1st...PM will be serving FRS and SAP 7Xweekly and CUN 6Xweek from BZE.

viaggiare

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:23 am

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 80):
same day connections at BZE from the CUN flight

First time BZE plays the role of international hub?

SAP pax to get to CUN

How much time are we talking about, including layover?

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 am

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 72):
TA SAL-MCO

AV SAL-MCO is barely served as 4x weekly with the 100-seater E90 whilst CM PTY-MCO is flown as 21x weekly and it's grabbing the biggest chunk of the Central and South American passengers heading to Orlando.
Avianca is also serving Orlando by means of AV BOG-MCO 7x weekly.
I didn't say TA/LR SAL-MCO 4x weekly because the flight unification process just began on April 22nd.  

Tropic Air will further increase its SAP-BZE to daily

I think you mentioned the BZE-SAP segment operated with Let L-410 by any Honduran airline before.
Are these flights still available?

Regards.

yellowtail

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 82):
I think you mentioned the BZE-SAP segment operated with Let L-410 by any Honduran airline before.
Are these flights still available?

No...long gone...along with the airline.

Quoting viaggiare (Reply 81):
How much time are we talking about, including layover?

2hrs.55min from SAP to CUN Heck of a lot better than driving!

Quoting viaggiare (Reply 81):

First time BZE plays the role of international hub?

The next hub of the Americas! Actually pax from FRS to the USA have been using BZE to connect for the last 2-3 years instead of going via GUA.

The CUN flight on PM now connects internationally (same day) with its FRS and SAP

aer

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 83):
The next hub of the Americas! Actually pax from FRS to the USA have been using BZE to connect for the last 2-3 years instead of going via GUA.

Considering how high fares are on GUA-FRS (yes I'm looking at you TA) I'm not surprised.
nice and spacious airports in need of new airlines and flights... GUA or FRS anyone?... anyone at all?

yellowtail

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Another big announcement expected from Tropic next week.....there is a teaser on their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tropic-Air-Belize/340653164591?ref=hl

Could it be
LCE?
RTB?
MID?
New Aircraft?
Partnership?

avi8

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:49 pm

I would like to comment that this is a good year for SJO. DL is adding its daily to LAX and JetBlue is adding its daily flight to FLL. TA has been kind of silent for a while there. I hope other airports in Central America get the healthy growth SJO has been seeing lately. GUA ahas been silent for a while along with MGA, TGU, and SAP.
avi8

yellowtail

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 am

Quoting avi8 (Reply 86):
I would like to comment that this is a good year for SJO. DL is adding its daily to LAX and JetBlue is adding its daily flight to FLL. TA has been kind of silent for a while there. I hope other airports in Central America get the healthy growth SJO has been seeing lately. GUA ahas been silent for a while along with MGA, TGU, and SAP.

Big Announcements for BZE coming    ...and I am not counting Tropic starting CUN and their announcement next week.

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Quoting avi8 (Reply 86):
I would like to comment that this is a good year for SJO. DL is adding its daily to LAX and JetBlue is adding its daily flight to FLL.

Both UA IAD-SJO 1x weekly with 738 and UA ORD-SJO 1x weekly with 738 just began on April 13th.

Quoting avi8 (Reply 86):
TA has been kind of silent for a while there

Correct.
Almost one year has passed since TA opened the last route out of San Jose: TA/LR SJO-MTY 3x weekly.

Quoting avi8 (Reply 86):
GUA ahas been silent for a while

UA IAD-GUA 1x weekly with 738 started on April 13th.

Regards.

carmenlu15

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:04 am

Quoting aer (Reply 84):
Considering how high fares are on GUA-FRS (yes I'm looking at you TA) I'm not surprised.

Those tickets are usually cheaper if you buy them through a tour operator... not that I disagree with you that they're too high, mind you!

Speaking of which, TA is getting rid of some of the ATR-42... wonder if they'll use some of the ATR-72 on order to fly GUA-FRS?

Here's one pic I took of one of the ATRs on the way back (notice it's been painted white already):

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/carmenlu15/aviation/28062012278-small_zps194be8c8.jpg
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

mabadia71

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:19 am

Quoting carmenlu15 (Reply 89):
Speaking of which, TA is getting rid of some of the ATR-42... wonder if they'll use some of the ATR-72 on order to fly GUA-FRS?

Right now the plan is for some of the ATR-72 to go to Central America, 7 IIRC, and the rest to BOG. I believe there is a big chance that AV will convert the options they have into orders, and in that case, most if not all of the "extra" ATRs will go to Central America.
mabadia71

yellowtail

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 am

Well if CM starts BZE, we might see TA move to a ATR on SAL-BZE because CM will take all the traffic away heading from about SJO southward.

TA will be left with Northern C. America and the LAX consolidator traffic from BZE.

carmenlu15

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 am

Quoting mabadia71 (Reply 90):
Right now the plan is for some of the ATR-72 to go to Central America, 7 IIRC, and the rest to BOG.

Hopefully some of them will go to the GUA-TGU route... those flights are always full!  Wow!
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

yellowtail

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Tropic Air Announces BZE-RTB

Press Release
San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, April 29, 2013

TROPIC AIR ANNOUNCES SERVICE TO ROATAN, HONDURAS

Tropic Air announced today that it will inaugurate non-stop service to Roatan, Honduras on November 20, 2013. With the launching of this service, Tropic will be the only airline to operate non-stop scheduled flights between Belize and the Bay Islands. Initially, Tropic will fly between Belize City's Phillip Goldson International Airport (BZE) and Roatan Honduras (RTB) 3 times weekly, and tickets are now available for sale.

This new service will not only serve to make travel to Roatan easier, but will allow for the expansion of trade and tourism between the two countries and serve to further grow the historical ties between Belize and the Bay Islands.

Roatan is Tropic's second destination in Honduras and its fourth international route. In March, Tropic added Cancun service to complement its existing San Pedro Sula, Honduras and Flores, Guatemala routes. This is in addition to its 11 domestic destinations within Belize.
"Our customers have been asking for it, and we are thrilled to announce it!" said John Greif III, President of Tropic Air. “We expect the market for this service to grow rapidly and we plan to add additional service as that happens. Not only will Belizeans finally be able to get to Roatan easily, but this opens up many new opportunities for the dive tourism market, and we have taken that into consideration with our schedule.”
Tropic's schedule between Belize City International and Roatan:
DEPARTS TIME ARRIVES TIME Days
Belize City Int'l (BZE) 4:15PM Roatan (RTB) 5:15PM Wed, Fri, Sun
Roatan (RTB) 7:00AM Belize City Int'l (BZE) 8:00AM Thur, Sat, Mon
ALL TIMES LOCAL

With the addition of Roatan, Tropic Air will serve 15 destinations in Belize, Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico.

The new service bookable via the web at www.tropicair.com, via e-mail at [email protected], by phone at (501) 226-2012, by contacting any of our

juanchito

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 am

And they are charging and average of $500.00 USD on an ATR42 on a 1 hour flight.

Quoting carmenlu15 (Reply 92):
Hopefully some of them will go to the GUA-TGU route... those flights are always full! Wow!

Juanchito

[Edited 2013-04-29 18:19:20]
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/

viaggiare

Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:34 am

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 93):
Roatan is Tropic's second destination in Honduras and its fourth international route

This would've been unthinkable five years ago.. the cartel's collapse has brought with it an unexpected surprise.

yellowtail

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:03 am

Quoting viaggiare (Reply 95):
This would've been unthinkable five years ago.. the cartel's collapse has brought with it an unexpected surprise.

And there is probably more to come....

SJOtoLIR
Topic Author

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 91):
Well if CM starts BZE, we might see TA move to a ATR on SAL-BZE because CM will take all the traffic away heading from about SJO southward

Any CM PTY-BZE on a daily basis as non-stop sounds too much for this possible new route.
San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa were small markets for Copa Airlines from the beginning. At this time, they are experiencing the following services:

Tegucigalpa:
CM PTY-SJO-TGU 7x weekly
CM PTY-TGU 7x weekly

San Pedro Sula:
CM PTY-SJO-SAP 7x weekly
CM PTY-SAP 5x weekly

We have previously commented about how CM PTY-LIR 2x weekly and CM PTY-REC 4x weekly are not demonstrating progress lately. Thus, the airline must be cautious with the opening of new stations.

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 93):
With the addition of Roatan, Tropic Air will serve 15 destinations in Belize, Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico.

Tropic Air is now aiming for the international expansion !   

Regards.

AA767LOVER

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:33 pm

People wanting to fly from HK to Latin America are paying anywhere from $10000 HKD (base price) to $17000 HKD to Central and South America. It's crazy. My buddy spent almost $17000 HKD. I once spent $17000 from HKG-YYZ on AC!!! Bloody AC ripping off its own Canadians and bleeding us dry. We already pay taxes out of the crack of our asses. My friend got a better deal. It's cheaper for me to fly to Latin America from HK then to Canada! Crud!
J.I. Tsui, American Advantage Member, United Mileage Plus (Premier)

yellowtail

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 97):
Any CM PTY-BZE on a daily basis as non-stop sounds too much for this possible new route.

Apples to Oranges. TGU and SAP do not have near the tourism market that BZE does. The PDEW is sizable between PTY and BZE alone. and the yields incredible. and you have many NGOs like Unicef willing to gaurantee J seats.. I haven't even gotten into cargo. Its not the business case holding CM back on this route....it is something else.

We have previously commented about how CM PTY-LIR 2x weekly and CM PTY-REC 4x weekly are not demonstrating progress lately.

see above. LIR as a tourist destination is very hard to sell to CMs core tourism demographics. On a simplistic level, Why would a Brazilian want to go see the rainforest, when they have the biggest rainforest in the world in their back yard....for example. N. Americans want to go to LIR, S. American's want to go to the white sandy beach.

Tropic Air is now aiming for the international expansion !

It already is international. 4 destinations and counting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos