Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

GatwickA320
Topic Author

Monarch And Their Titles

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Just a general observation really at how much better Monarch's recently painted A330 looks with just the words 'Monarch' on it without the need for '.co.uk' added to the end. It's a lot classier.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Monar...d=890dec1e5e96f4651f261ebb9408ffae

As an ex-employee of Monarch I worked for them as yellow and black turned to the livery as we know today. I liked the simplicity of the name in its pure form.

I hope they follow the A330 with their smaller aircraft and erase the web address as it looks vulgar in my opinion. These days everyone is capable of typing a word into Google (infact, type 'Monarch' into Google and the airline's website is the first result!) If they have to include a web address I think it should be in small letters at the back.

Somehow easyJet's web branding works as they pioneered that style.......

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

CrimsonNL

RE: Monarch And Their Titles

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 pm

I agree that it's way more classier then with the tacky internet adress additions. I've hated the name change that Transavia had years ago to Transavia.com. It is actually the official airline name these days but naturally everyone just calls them Transvia without the .com.

It may have worked back in the day when airline websites were still relatively new, but every idiot and his dog have an internet capable phone/tablet/computer these days so they'll know how to find the website!

Martijn
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

vhtje

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Quoting CrimsonNL (Reply 1):
It may have worked back in the day when airline websites were still relatively new, but every idiot and his dog have an internet capable phone/tablet/computer these days so they'll know how to find the website!

+1.

Now, do you think anyone at easyJet is reading this forum?
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

Polot

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Quoting GatwickA320 (Thread starter):
Somehow easyJet's web branding works as they pioneered that style.......

The reason it doesn't work with Monarch is that the fuselage gets too cluttered between the logo, Monarch.co.uk, and the upward swoosh to the tail. The is especially true with their shorter planes such as the A320. With Easyjet it is just Easyjet.com (plus maybe a small slogan or something below it) so it is visually much cleaner.

ACEregular

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Personally, I do not like the stylized M logo on the fuselage. I think it would look much better without it. It's like whoever designed the modified livery was just trying to hard. Again that is my own opinion.

bmibaby737

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Monarch have indeed changed their livery to exclude the .co.uk from the fuselage. The wing-fences have also changed from purple to yellow in the latest variant.

Unfortunately, it was deemed to costly to ask Airbus to change the livery on the new A321s to be delivered direct from the factory, so these will still come with the web address down the side. However, the second hand A321s Monarch are currently receiving have the new revised livery. G-OZBZ was painted this week without the web address. It definitely looks a whole lot smarter. Now to loose the additional "M" down the fuselage and it'll look very nice!

GatwickA320
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Some interesting posts here, thanks for your input! I did wonder why the newest A320 still has the web address but BMIBaby737 has cleared that one up for me! Thankyou!

by738

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Quoting ACEregular (Reply 4):
Personally, I do not like the stylized M logo on the fuselage. I think it would look much better without it

Agreed

OA260

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Quoting GatwickA320 (Thread starter):
Just a general observation really at how much better Monarch's recently painted A330 looks with just the words 'Monarch' on it without the need for '.co.uk' added to the end. It's a lot classier.

+1 Looks much nicer. I remember when Aer Lingus went EI.COM and looked terrible. Lucky the trend is moving away from this.

The A320s with Sharklets look great also BTW.  

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos