Delta777Jet

RE: Disgruntled Ryanair FA Talks To House Of Commons

Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 am

As I mentioned in earlier posts:

"Don't fly them - don't work for them if you don't like them"

Everybody is complaining about FR and there "non existing customer service" !

But that's like you are what you fly !

I personally will never ever fly with FR again, but that's my choice !
80 million pax are flying with them every year. So someone must like them.

Simply stop complaining - just stop taking them !
717/722/732/733/735/736/73G/739/739/741/742/743/744/748/74L/752/753/762/763/764/772/773/77L/788/789/781/DC10/L10/L15/M80/M90/320/321/319/AB6/312/313/332/333/342/343/346/359/388/T54/IL18/AT4/AT7/DH1/DH3/DH4/E145/170/1790/Bae146/RJ85/F50/F70/100/CR2/CR7/CR9

shufflemoomin

Tue May 21, 2013 10:45 am

Quoting nclmedic (Reply 49):
Everyone has the right to be paid for what they work.

I agree, they do. But they also have the right to not accept a job if they don't like the terms and conditions on offer.

hb88

Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 9):
I loved this part of the article...."Only paid her for the hours that she was actually "in the air". She was not paid for pre-flight briefings, turnaround time between flights, sales meetings and time on the ground due to delays and flight cancellations."

WHAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! (sound of baby crying). Poor baby. I haven't been paid for that for 26 years...and I have never complained. I.hate to break it to you, part of the job, which you knew when you got hired. No sympathy here.

Not sure what you're getting at here - employment conditions for FAs globally are quite different. What might be routinely accepted in the US may be completely outlandish, unreasonable and shocking elsewhere in the world.

The benchmark isn't the US (probably thankfully). What is relevant are the prevailing conditions in the jurisdiction where the FAs are employed and this depends on the legal environment, the social context and other factors.

You would probably find crew conditions in the Middle-east and Asia quite different to what you are used to. The economic models and profitability of carriers globally result in variable crew conditions/compensation. That's life.

Your own experiences don't invalidate the negative conditions of the Ryanair crew.

FlyingAY

Tue May 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Quoting shufflemoomin (Reply 51):
I agree, they do. But they also have the right to not accept a job if they don't like the terms and conditions on offer.

Yes, but the terms and conditions must be compliant with the laws of the country. If yes, I have no problems. If not, FR must change them. The working laws are there for a good reason and companies like FR are walking as close to the non-compliancy as they can as it often means less cost. Sometimes they step on the non-compliancy side. Some might remember FR leaving from Marseille (and then coming back because they needed Marseille more than Marseille needed FR) because the French prosecutor started legal proceedings against FR violating the French working laws.

aerdingus

Wed May 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Quoting shufflemoomin (Reply 47):
If you work for Ryanair, I'd like to say: try harder. I've flown with Ryanair many times because it's the cheapest and most convenient option on the route I flew, but I've never had so many experiences with flight attendants looking at me like crap and not even smiling or responding when I say hello and just generally being stand-offish when dealing with passengers.

Nice. You obviously haven't flown with me....I enjoy smiling & having a joke with the pax...makes the day easier for everyone...obviously I'm not a robot & I get tired...but I make a genuine effort with everyone....

Anyway, as the old adage goes...

If you don't like Ryanair....fly with someone else  
A306 A313 A319 A320 A321 A333 A346 A359 ATR42 ATR72 B734 B737 B738 B744 B772 B789 C152 MD80 RJ85 S340

FlyingAY

Thu May 23, 2013 6:18 am

Quoting aerdingus (Reply 54):

If you don't like Ryanair....fly with someone else

Exactly. Some other airlines might be genuinely interested about customer feedback and would develop their service based on this, but on FR the attitude (as seen here coming from an FR employee) seems to be that if you don't like us, go away. In general pretty that seems to be the attitude FR has towards everything (customer feedback, local airports, subsidies, working laws): we play with our own rules or we don't play at all.

It's funny that people are ready to fly in discomfort with Ryanair to save some relatively small amount of money. Imagine if the same would apply to car sales: we'd be seeing much more Ladas and Dacias on the road here.

I've chosen the "fly with someone else" option, but do understand that there are people driving the Dacia as well...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos