EIDL

RE: Irish 8/13: Climbing Ever Higher

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:36 pm

CBP delays and clearing issues are, while down to cost cutting, not down to EIs cost cutting - its the US Government.

masit

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 149):

Went through Man a few times on the Lux flight. An added bonus, see another airport and don't have to get off the plane. Surprised the amount of people that used the Dub-Man sector.

n272wa

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 pm

** The EI104 is due in nice & early in the morning 04:28am!!

** Swiss commence their 2nd flight ZRH-DUB tomorrow (Sat/Sun twice daily until 24 August)

** Alitalia and Austrian Airlines also arriving in DUB tomorrow from MXP and VIE

[Edited 2013-07-05 16:11:35]

BrianDromey

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:56 am

EI have confirmed on twitter that the 757s will be equipped with lie-flats "comparable" to the airbus fleet and each Seatwill have "individual" IFE. What exactly that means remains unclear, but its certainly good news. EI will offer a consistent product across the long-haul fleet.

I'm delighted to see EI growing the transatlantic network, increasing frequency at SNN and offering a more attractive schedule, the 757s essentially replicate the function of the ATRs and this has been very successful.

Load factors of 90% plus look great, but over he summer shied be expected. I imagme these will soften a little once YYZ and SFO are operating. The obvious question is what's next? More 757s? (how many do Finnair have?), more A330s? Growth to the west or east? Exciting times for the EI watchers!

OA260

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:53 am

Quoting masit (Reply 151):
Surprised the amount of people that used the Dub-Man sector.

Yes I guess maybe they had a small fan base who liked something different  

---

An article from the Irish Times re EIR/EI .

Cantillon: Aer Lingus or Aer Lingus?

The Aer Lingus strategy of integrating its mainline and regional services seems to be working rather well for the airline, with this week’s announcement on services to Manchester the latest piece in the ever-expanding jigsaw.

Aer Lingus Regional said it was launching two flights per day between Dublin and Manchester – a seemingly logical move until one recalls that Aer Lingus proper already operates three daily flights on the route. With Ryanair also present on the field, it is intriguing that Aer Lingus decided to go for expansion at the risk of cannibalisation.

In reality, it seems the risks are fairly small. The Manchester route is a reliable one for airlines operating from Dublin, with a combination of sports and business interests likely to mean it remains so. This was underlined in 2009 when Ryanair pulled its services out of Manchester in a row over landing charges and the only service it retained was the one to Dublin.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/s...aer-lingus-or-aer-lingus-1.1454671

[Edited 2013-07-06 01:27:12]

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:58 am

Quoting Eagleboy (Reply 147):
Great set of pax numbers,however I worry that the cost reduction over the last 24 months in EI is hindering their ability to retain these numbers...we heard of congestion on CBP, systemic overbooking of flights, reduction in post flight customer service, bottlenecks for transist pax

I have to agree with you here; for the first time in a very long time, I had an unsatisfactory experience with EI, last Thursday. My flight to JER with EI was cancelled (one of very few cancelled that day and I know for a fact that they could have landed, had they held for half an hour or so). In fairness to EI, they offered options to pax, and like most, I chose to fly via LGW; there was nothing from JER to LGW that evening, so I was booked on the 7.30 to LGW, then overnight at a hotel and flying to JER next morning.

The real problem came at LGW; the handling agent had apparently not been informed; we had been told that an EI rep would be there to meet us; no-one was on hand, so we had to go to the EI desk; they initially told us we would be taken to a hotel (the Copthorne) in a minibus; later it turned out to be taxis, ok they paid for them anyway, though not the return transfer to the airport next day. There was a feeling of confusion, feeling around in the dark and just not having all the plates spinning; this was not the work of an airline that should have long experience of dealing with weather delays and has set procedures for dealing with them, as EI should; it felt like a new airline which was trying to fumble through a procedure which was totally new to it. I was tired, there were tired kids and frustrated parents and I just wanted to lie down. It was not EI's finest hour. And it was totally avoidable; making that kind of situation work did not require massive investment ... just having workable procedures and communicatng effectively. They didn't do that.

BrianDromey

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:04 am

Slightly odd article, I think. It makes sense to me that EI would use A320 at peak times to the UK. Off peak use the ATR. There are only so many d estimations within reach of the ATRs that can support off-peak flying. Most of those are "mainline" destinations. By doing this EI can offer more destinations and justify a larger ATR fleet as they have gainful employment throughout the day. The mainline fleet can then fly new routes or increase capacity on existing routes. It makes perfect sense to me.

I've been pondering the 757s. With a configuration that matches the A320 could they operate SNN-FAO/ago even down to ACE/TFS on the off days?

Eagleboy

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:57 am

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 156):
I've been pondering the 757s. With a configuration that matches the A320 could they operate SNN-FAO/ago even down to ACE/TFS on the off days?

My thoughts too. The A330 to AGP is very popular....offering longer flights with IFE equipped aircraft 'should' make EI a popular choice for families heading to the Canaries.

dstc47

Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 156):
EI would use A320 at peak times to the UK. Off peak use the ATR.

In theory a good idea, but three downsides I have seen.

The ATR fleet is more prone to weather and more recently, technical delay, resulting in the later 320 arriving and sometimes departing, before the earlier scheduled ATR. With current load levels, little chance of a switch to the earlier operating service. Not so popular with PAX. On my recent trip on FAS, the mutterings about this being an "old" plane (old = propeller) were particularly amusing.

The ATR's park remotely at DUB, but on return PAX are dumped off the bus transfer in the middle of no where, with a long, long walk to the T2 exit. With the 320 you generally arrive at a closer gate.

Cabin baggage limits differ between ATR / 320 and off peak flyers may find this something of a pain, leading to the avoidance of the ATR's.

On the positive, the RE staff seem markedly more cheerful.

EIDL

Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Quoting dstc47 (Reply 158):
but on return PAX are dumped off the bus transfer in the middle of no where, with a long, long walk to the T2 exit

Someone did figures on boards.ie for - its actually closer than the furthest gate on T2 itself and closest than the nearest gate on E!

Rufusisgod

Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:06 pm

The distance you have to walk from each pier has been listed above in this forum. It's all about pax perception .

CarbHeatIn

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:53 am

Quoting ThrottleHold (Reply 132):

Correct. Deal negotiated by IALPA allows Aer Lingus pilots to take a secondment on the 757 for the duration of the lease.

tonymctigue

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:55 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 154):
Load factors of 90% plus look great, but over he summer shied be expected. I imagme these will soften a little once SFO are operating. The obvious question is what's next? More 757s? (how many do Finnair have?), more A330s? Growth to the west or east? Exciting times for the EI watchers!

Certainly is exciting times. I would argue that the introduction of the B757 (and hopefully the A321NEO in the not too distant future) is the biggest shakeup of EI long haul since the A330. I know I am very biased on this one but it is great for SNN as it finally puts an end to the speculation by those who are sceptical about the future of EI long haul operations there. No way would EI go to such lengths to operate services from SNN if they weren't absolutely committed to being there for a long time to come.

A service east certainly would be interesting but with the middle east market already stiched up between EH and EY it would seem that they will have to look further towards the likes of China in order to make it work. I know runway length at DUB is an issue with the existing fleet on routes that long but what of the A350? Would it have the legs to get off the runway at DUB and make it say to the likes of HKG? Another obvious step that EI would have to take if they are considering expansion to the east would be a proper codeshare agreement as any such service would only be successful with a strong conneting feed.

Edit: Just read this good editorial in this week's Clare Champion about the EI announcement

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.ph...14-gift&catid=80:comment&Itemid=60

[Edited 2013-07-06 19:04:44]
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:35 am

Quoting tonymctigue (Reply 162):
A service east certainly would be interesting but with the middle east market already stiched up between EH and EY it would seem that they will have to look further towards the likes of China in order to make it work. I know runway length at DUB is an issue with the existing fleet on routes that long but what of the A350? Would it have the legs to get off the runway at DUB and make it say to the likes of AND OLD: Hong Kong - Kai Tak International (HKG / VHHH) (closed), China - Hong Kong">HKG?

The govt is apparently quite interested in seeing EI go to China (and Russia). Runway length would not be an issue with the A330; PEK is not much further from DUB than SFO (don't have the exat numbers to hand); they would probably use a 333, for the extra freight capacity, which would be the big plus for the route. Although EY and EK both serve China via their respective hubs, I think there is more than enough freight capacity to go around. Personally, however, I think that the Chinese market could be satisfied by one of the big Chinese carriers operating an all-cargo service.

I think the route would have to be to PEK rather than AND OLD: Hong Kong - Kai Tak International (HKG / VHHH) (closed), China - Hong Kong">HKG, because AND OLD: Hong Kong - Kai Tak International (HKG / VHHH) (closed), China - Hong Kong">HKG is well covered; a direct route to PEK would be much faster than via DXB - AND don't forget that as Asia's busiest airport, PEK would also be a very good hub for north Asia.

OA260

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:36 am

I guess rewards for performance is warranted :

Aer Lingus hikes up Mueller's bonus as sales rise

Aer Lingus, which includes trades union boss David Begg among its board members, has hiked the bonuses awarded to chief executive Christoph Mueller and finance chief Andrew MacFarlane.

Recent filings show that that the two executives were conditionally awarded €1.14m worth of shares under a long-term incentive scheme. These awards came two months after Mueller and MacFarlane were conditionally awarded 930,000 shares worth about €1.42m at current prices.

These shares will not vest until 2015 at the earliest, tying both executives to the airline for at least two years. They will not receive the shares unless they hit certain performance targets set by the airline board.

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...-bonus-as-sales-rise-29400915.html

n272wa

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Handy for families travelling with children on long Aer Lingus flights:-
If you're travelling with young flyers through Dublin, Cork or Shannon Airports this summer, make sure you pick up an Aer Kids activity sheet at check-in. Colouring competition, puzzles, jokes, fun facts... just the kind of thing that kept mum and dad occupied back in the day! (PROTIP: pack some coloured pencils in cabin baggage for a fun-filled flight!)

Source: Aer Lingus Official Facebook Page

EIDAA

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:19 am

No surprises here really, but the construction of a parallel runway at DUB has been pushed out to the next decade anyway. An interim master-plan is required it seems.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/s...n-airport-to-be-deferred-1.1455995
Most Flown:- G-BUVA (20 Flights), EI-DEB (12 Flights), EI-JFK (11 Flights)

EISHN

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:21 am

Quoting n272wa (Reply 165):
Handy for families travelling with children on long Aer Lingus flights:-
If you're travelling with young flyers through Dublin, Cork or Shannon Airports this summer, make sure you pick up an Aer Kids activity sheet at check-in. Colouring competition, puzzles, jokes, fun facts... just the kind of thing that kept mum and dad occupied back in the day! (PROTIP: pack some coloured pencils in cabin baggage for a fun-filled flight!)

I remember when they would give out sticker books back in the nineties. Mum would buy Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars for my brother and I and give us one every couple of hours into a transatlantic to keep us occupied.
St. Flannan/ Fhlanain- She took off to find the footlights, And I took off for the sky

OA260

Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:52 am

Aer Lingus pilots to get update on crunch pay talks

Strike fears as holiday season reaches its peak

Hundreds of Aer Lingus pilots will be updated today about ongoing talks aimed at solving a pay and pensions row.

Over 400 pilots held a ballot in May, when they approved taking industrial action if the talks broke down.

There have been fears that pilots could target some kind of action over the busy August bank holiday weekend, but no date has been set for any action and Aer Lingus has not been formally notified of the outcome of the ballot.

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...-on-crunch-pay-talks-29404961.html

Hopefully it can be resolved without a strike. A strike now would ruin the good PR EI has got over the last week or so.

n272wa

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 am

Hefty Delay - Ouch!  
New York Delta Air Lines DL092 09 Jul 09:30 Delayed 18:30

tonymctigue

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:46 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 168):
I remember when they would give out sticker books back in the nineties. Mum would buy Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars for my brother and I and give us one every couple of hours into a transatlantic to keep us occupied.

I always remember the Young Flyer packs EI used to give out on transatlantic flights that including colouring sheets, coloured pencils, a Young Flyer badge and some postcards with pictures of EI aircraft. The postcard with the picture of the B747 was hotly contested in our household! I also remember the kiddies meals too that used to come in a cardboard box and contained a (rather awful) burger, an apple and something else that varied from flight to flight.
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

tonymctigue

Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm

An interesting little news snippet from the NOC website

'Ryanair adds extra flights from London Stansted in response to unprecedented demand for the Connaught Final between London and Mayo'

http://www.irelandwestairport.com/utility/news_details.aspx?id=330

Additional flighrs put on for sporting events is common at DUB, ORK, SNN and BFS/BHD when Leinster, Munster or Ulster are playing in big Heineken Cup matches but this has to be the first ever 'match special' put on for a GAA provincial final!

OA260

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Quoting tonymctigue (Reply 170):
I always remember the Young Flyer packs EI used to give out on transatlantic flights that including colouring sheets, coloured pencils, a Young Flyer badge and some postcards with pictures of EI aircraft. The postcard with the picture of the B747 was hotly contested in our household! I also remember the kiddies meals too that used to come in a cardboard box and contained a (rather awful) burger, an apple and something else that varied from flight to flight.

Im still hopeful in trying to find my ''Aer Lingus Young Flyers'' membership card. In the old days you sent off a cheque or postal order to SNN and got a card and a magazine with postcards and stuff.

Been clearing out the roof space today and found some nice things . My EI model aircraft :

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/photo-32_zps9667f8a2.jpg

Also found old EI timetables and FR ones. 8 boxes to go through so Im sure I will find some gems. Its amazing to look at the route maps and see all the changes over two decades.  

n272wa

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am

It is really fantastic to see such strong growth on the Atlantic, coupled with a 5% increase in pax for H1 2013, in comparison to H1 2012. Long may this continue:

About 2 million passengers used Dublin Airport in June, a 6% increase on the same month last year.
More than 1.1 million passengers travelled on routes to and from continental Europe, which was also a 6% increase on the previous year. Just over 612,000 passengers took flights to and from the UK, a 2% increase on the same month last year.
Transatlantic traffic was up 18% in June, as almost 212,000 people travelled on this sector during the month.
Other international traffic, which includes flights to the Middle East and North Africa, increased by 6% with 45,000 passengers taking flights to and from these destinations.
The number of passengers on domestic flights increased by 14% in June, however it remains a negligible sector at Dublin Airport, with just 6,000 people taking domestic flights last month.
Overall passenger numbers at Dublin Airport have increased by 5% in the first six months of this year to 9.3 million.

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-...s_Used_Dublin_Airport_in_June.aspx

OA260

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 am

New role for former Aer Arran Sales and marketing guy. I wonder if we will ever see BMI Regional enter the Irish market either North or South.

The UK’s most punctual scheduled airline, bmi regional, has appointed Colin Lewis as Director of Marketing. Lewis will be responsible for all marketing strategy and activity for the carrier that operates over 450 flights each week across eight countries in the UK and Europe.

Lewis brings with him over 20 years of international experience have held senior marketing roles in Europe, Asia and Australia. Prior to joining bmi regional, Colin was European Marketing Director at 118118 Directory Enquiries, and as well as Head of Marketing at CityJet and Head of Sales and Marketing at Aer Arann (now Aer Lingus Regional). In addition, Lewis spent eight years in product, business development and marketing roles with Thomas Cook.

http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/new...-colin-lewis-as-marketing-director

AmricanShamrok

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Quick question for the aviators - would the 77Ws departing DUB for the Middle East have to restrict payload in any way during this heat to get off RWY10/28?

JAmie2k9

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 175):

Not to the Middle East but they would be restricted if they were going much further AFAIK/

n272wa

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:55 pm

I'd suspect there would be certain payload restrictions. During hot days at DUB and with a full passenger load and heavy cargo load, they might have to leave some cargo behind. The aircraft will never be fully loaded, per se, as it's never going to need max fuel and MTOW to AUH or DXB.

Clydenairways

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 175):
Quick question for the aviators - would the 77Ws departing DUB for the Middle East have to restrict payload in any way during this heat to get off RWY10/28?

DUB is on the coast so temps have only been around the low 20's so probably not much of an impact. I notice it's 29C in SNN at the moment and only 21C in DUB.

n272wa

Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Arkia B757-300 due into Dublin from Tel-Aviv in the next hour.
Love those 753's!!!

OA260

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Pilot error in the accident back in March .

The Air Accident Investigation Unit has found that pilot error was the cause of an accident involving a cargo plane at Dublin Airport earlier this year.

The accident happened on 7 March as the aircraft was arriving from Manston Airport in Kent.

It landed on the main runway, but the report found that the plane's nose gear collapsed after the co-pilot inadvertently shifted the landing-gear selector.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0709/461474-plane-crash/

OA260

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:57 am

Great to see the sea plane venture launched!

The first sea plane service took off from Mountshannon, Co Clare, yesterday.

Harbour Flights will initially offer scenic aerial tours of Lough Derg, Limerick, the Burren and Cliffs of Moher.

The service started with a Cessna 172 four-seater, and within the next few weeks Harbour Flights will acquire the first of five Cessna 206 seaplanes which are six-seaters.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...-limit-for-flying-boat-236513.html

---

And good news for training in Ireland :

Irish flight school signs multi-million euro training deal

An Irish flight school has signed a multi-million euro contract to train pilots for one of the top airlines in Central Asia and India.

The four-year deal between the Atlantic Flight Training Academy (AFTA) based at Cork International Airport, and Air Astana, the national airline of Kazakhstan, will result in the creation of 20 flight training jobs at the academy over the next year to service the contract.

Supported by Enterprise Ireland, it was hailed last night as a major boost for Ireland’s aviation sector which will position Cork as one of Europe’s top flight training hubs.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...ion-euro-training-deal-236509.html

dstc47

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 181):
Great to see the sea plane venture launched!

Indeed.
Harbour Flights have a website, offering some interesting trips, but no price information.

http://www.harbourflights.com/

tonymctigue

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:19 am

Quoting dstc47 (Reply 182):
Harbour Flights have a website, offering some interesting trips, but no price information.

Interesting idea. I am sceptical about the viability of this but I hope I am proven wrong.

kl911

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi All,

Watching flightradar24 It looks like US723 is heading back to Ireland . Flight is heading 092, 36000ft.
I would say it was 700 or 800 km west of Ireland when they turned around.

Edit: Must have been a glitch, which rarely happens with flightradar24. My appologies.

[Edited 2013-07-12 05:42:14]

shamrock350

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:29 am

London Luton has reappeared on the Aer Lingus website drop down menu, not in the booking engine but the country selection. Might be a mistake but Waterford has been rumoured to get it's London route back, maybe Aer Lingus Regional is the one to do it? No sign of BHX-NOC for winter yet either.

The Aer Lingus routemap once again shows some new Etihad code share routes, about time they announced the next stage of this partnership.

ClassicLover

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:45 am

Quoting shamrock350 (Reply 185):
The Aer Lingus routemap once again shows some new Etihad code share routes, about time they announced the next stage of this partnership.

Yes, I noticed this myself - quite a few new destinations on the map such as Brisbane, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Manila, Singapore, Bangkok and destinations in India and Pakistan.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

kl911

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 am

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 186):
Yes, I noticed this myself - quite a few new destinations on the map such as Brisbane, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Manila, Singapore, Bangkok and destinations in India and Pakistan.

Pardon my ignorance, but why is this important? I have booked DUB-AUHCGK//KUL-AUH-DUB with Etihad, which is operating carrier. Why would I book this on the EI website if none of the flights are EI?

OA260

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:54 am

Quoting kl911 (Reply 187):
Pardon my ignorance, but why is this important? I have booked DUB-AUHCGK//KUL-AUH-DUB with Etihad, which is operating carrier. Why would I book this on the EI website if none of the flights are EI?

Because its the way airlines operate these days. Someone who always books on EI.COM may see it as more of a one stop shop. Same reason as why would anyone book on Ebookers.ie and not with the airline direct. The more services you offer all in one place the more traffic you are likely to generate on your website and thus generate more revenue.

kl911

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Ok, that's logic. But why would you show the same flights on for example Ebookers.ie, one using the EI code and the other the EY?

I have seen trips to the US from DUB where all 4 flights had a KL flightnumber, none KL operated, and right under that selection was the one from the operating carrier with the same fare. What's the logic in getting that KLM ticket?

tonystan

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Quoting kl911 (Reply 189):
Ok, that's logic. But why would you show the same flights on for example Ebookers.ie, one using the EI code and the other the EY?

I have seen trips to the US from DUB where all 4 flights had a KL flightnumber, none KL operated, and right under that selection was the one from the operating carrier with the same fare. What's the logic in getting that KLM ticket?

It's called code sharing!!!! It opens up a market to two carriers where there may only be room for one!
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

OA260

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Because they all work together and show eachothers flights and codeshares. I know what you mean but thats co operation and more access to more options etc.... Sometimes for the passenger there can be an added benefit of cheaper fuel surcharges too. Sometimes its an oversight on the airlines part or a genuine fare.

There was one instance I noticed last week between Ireland and the US where it was EUR100 cheaper to book on the codeshare by another carrier than the actual airline operating the flight. it works both ways. The conundrum of codeshares is a thread all on its own  

BrianDromey

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:54 pm

The interesting thing is what you can do with the flights. Together EI and EY offer a "seamless" journey between the US, UK and the Middle East, Australia and Africa. That can't be a bad thing. Also I believe GDS systems list flights with preference for same carrier connections. Code sharing effectively tricks the system into listing flights other Han they would otherwise be.

kl911

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:54 pm

Quoting tonystan (Reply 190):
It's called code sharing!!!! It opens up a market to two carriers where there may only be room for one!

Thanks Tony, I know code sharing.  

But to me that is only logic when one carrier operates one leg, and the other the second leg. Nowadays with the booking engines online you will get all options anyway, why have double entries with different flight numbers?

Quoting OA260 (Reply 191):
There was one instance I noticed last week between Ireland and the US where it was EUR100 cheaper to book on the codeshare by another carrier than the actual airline operating the flight. it works both ways. The conundrum of codeshares is a thread all on its own

Yes, I have noticed huge savings too between carriers selling the exact same flights.

On a sidenote, I came across this on LinkIn: http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20130710-air-travel-demystified

JAmie2k9

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Luton and Waterford were never removed in the first place, it wont be EIR at Waterford anyway.

irishair98

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Quoting kl911 (Reply 193):

Yes, I have noticed huge savings too between carriers selling the exact same flights.

Booked with UA 's site for flights for 3 to MCO from DUB EI121 was 1600Euro for 3 and 2500Euro on the EI site for the exact same flight!
Dún Na Ngall Abú!

OA260

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:42 pm

DUB-OXF axed from 4th August. Sadly the numbers didnt add up. Shame to see a F50 route go !

Public Statement - Minoan Air

12th July 2013 - It is with regret that we have to advise that Minoan Air have decided to cease flights to Edinburgh and Dublin effective 4th August.
Passengers holding tickets for travel beyond 4th August should contact Minoan on 01865 582 720 or email at [email protected]

London Oxford Airport is very disappointed with this announcement and is in dialogue with the airline to see that there is minimum disruption for all passengers.

The airport will be exploring all avenues to replace the carrier with another operator at the earliest opportunity.

http://www.oxfordairport.co.uk/airport_news/news.htm#minoan_statement

Dublinspotter

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi

Shame that the route lasted for such a short length of time  

But I would've flown though another airport instead of Oxford, was quite distant...

Hope the carrier can continue services throughout the UK and the loss of DUB Kane EDI aren't a huge loss..

Dublinspotter  
Dublinspotter

JAmie2k9

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:31 pm

What did management of the carrier expect, not one single bit of promotion here in Ireland.

OA260

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Quoting Dublinspotter (Reply 197):
Hope the carrier can continue services throughout the UK and the loss of DUB Kane EDI aren't a huge loss..

Indeed it was more of an Anetters flight due to something different and a rare A/C type   As I said on the other thread it was a route one easily forgot was operating . Its always nice to have something other than the normal metal we see day in day out at DUB.

---

Aer Lingus recruiting :

Aer Lingus is excited to announce the introduction of its Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Apprenticeship for 2013.

Aer Lingus is an iconic Irish brand which has been connecting Ireland with the world for over three quarters of a century. With its unique brand, world class reputation for great customer care and modern fleet of Airbus aircraft, Aer Lingus is at the forefront of commercial aviation.

Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering

Aer Lingus Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering is responsible for the maintenance of the company's modern fleet of Airbus A319, A320, A321 and A330 aircraft. Aer Lingus has Line Maintenance stations in Ireland, the United Kingdom and North America, where engineers perform all line maintenance tasks across its fleet of aircraft.

This is an exceptional opportunity for individuals to train and qualify as an aircraft engineer, and could be the starting point for a rewarding career with Aer Lingus.

http://careers.aerlingus.com/careers...ce-and-engineering-apprenticeship/

[Edited 2013-07-13 15:55:53]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos