Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

theaviator380

Skytrax: 2013 Awards

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 am

Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 48):

You can ask for more drinks while having food isn't it ? I have not seen food and drinks served togather...every time on different airliners, drinks get served first followed by the food, that's common practice isn't it? am I missing something?

theaviator380

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 am

Quoting 1400mph (Reply 49):

I agree your last point that no Airline can satisfy all customers but when ever I read reviews about different airlines, I don't see that many positives about BA long-haul compared to some other airlines out there.

Just as a curiosity if you don't mind answering.. would you prefer BA or EK doing only LHR-DXB ? (assuming ticket price is round about same ! )

flythere

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 am

It's hard to believe in a 3-4-3 configured onboard 777 can win the best airline out there..... UNBELIEVABLE      

sierra3tango

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 am

Quoting TheAviator380 (Reply 50):
You can ask for more drinks while having food isn't it ? I have not seen food and drinks served togather...every time on different airliners, drinks get served first followed by the food, that's common practice isn't it? am I missing something?

Not going to get buried in this just one its one example of loads

Well all airlines (don't know about NA airlines, haven't flown one since PA / TWA in Africa in the 70's) puts a glass or whatever on your food tray from which one is left to assume there is going to be some fluid of some sort to be put in there for you to drink (even Saudia do this). My point is with almost every airline I have flown with, the glass is filled with fluid roughly at the time you receive your food (maybe a few minutes later). The exception to this rule is EK, the fluid turns up maybe 20 mins after you receive your food and as I say its nothing new

1400mph

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 am

Quoting TheAviator380 (Reply 51):
Just as a curiosity if you don't mind answering.. would you prefer BA or EK doing only LHR-DXB ? (assuming ticket price is round about same ! )

In the premium cabins I would be equally happy on either airline. I would choose BA for my benefits though.

In economy considering BA's current equipment I would choose EK. That is not going to cause sleepless nights for BA management though is it.

eljas

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:13 am

Quoting brilondon (Reply 38):
I don't like having to sit backwards in business looking at the stranger beside me.

I don't understand the problem people have with the backwards seats... Anyway, if you don't want to face backwards, pick a forward facing seat at check in...

If you don't want to be staring at a stranger, put up the screen!! Back facing window seats on BA J I find to be one of the most private J seats out there...

On the subject of EK, I flew them once LHR-DXB-SIN in Y. Possibly the worst flight I've ever taken (except FR), with cramped seats, indifferent service and bad food. Granted IFE seemed good, but I never really use IFE anyway.

Since then I always pay a bit more to go non-stop with BA or SQ.

May try QR when they're in OW, a colleague of mine recently used them for SIN-DOH-MAN and was very impressed, saying they were much better than EK.

flyforever

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:15 am

Conspirancy or not, I'm going to fly for the first time in both Emirates and Qantas next September. I know a flight won't tell me if I flew the best airlines in the world but, since I've takne different flights in Europe, for sure I'll have a good comparison.

Let's see and wait!!!

b2319

Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Quoting flyingthe757 (Reply 41):
That puts into into much more easier to understand context then your first post which made out everytime you asked on a BA flight you got that response.

Thanks. I can see I could have come across as being flippant, which was not my intention.

My point is I don't think it's in the mindset of the Asian carriers (and I include Middle East in this) to 'question the customer'. Not that 'the customer is always right', far from it.

Quoting flyingthe757 (Reply 41):
What time was the flight due to land? How long had it been in the air?

BA28; today's timings: 2315 ex HKG & 0430 into LHR. 4 or 5 hours in the air, could have been nearer 0400 time at departure.

BTW, I could have equally challanged the 'bad food on EK' comment as BS. I didn't, nor am doing so now. Everyone's views here are valid.

Regards

B-2319

flyenthu

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:24 pm

If you break down the average Emirates product and compare with others:

- food that you can actually eat
- decent food quantity
- food available throughout flights in galleys
- decent drinks alcoholic and otherwise
- menus provided
- silverware not plasticware
- forward and rear cameras throughout flights
- IFE with abundant choices
- decent legroom
- friendly flight attendants
- decent cabin crew service
- international crew with many languages
- global coverage
- cabin ambience with mood lighting and starlit ceilings
- young fleet
- amenity kits
- complementary hotel for long transit
- complementary meals for long transit
- sponsors UAE visa for transiting passengers that can be obtained online

All of this makes for a PLEASANT and CONVENIENT flying experience that Skytrax is measuring. I am not surprised EK came out on top. Compare this to the lower rated airlines.

Comments please?

Thanks,

Flyenthu

[Edited 2013-06-19 06:29:00]

1400mph

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Quoting flyenthu (Reply 59):
All of this makes for a PLEASANT and CONVENIENT flying experience that Skytrax is measuring. I am not surprised EK came out on top. Compare this to the lower rated airlines.

PLEASANT and CONVENIENT ? Transitting ? Don't think so.

Well I'm sorry but something has to make up for schlepping through a hot and sweaty DXB airport right in the middle of your journey !

Yuk - no thanks.

mcogator

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:30 pm

If you go on any car enthusiast website, you will see most people hate the Toyota Camry and can't imagine ever owning one, yet it's the best selling car in the US year in, year out. Just like in the automotive world, aviation enthusiasts make up a small fraction of the flying public. They don't know that 9 or 10 abreast 777s exist, and they will 90% of the time pick the cheapest route, if it isn't on a "scary" countries airline. Emirates advertising and marketing makes it seem like its the cream of the crop, and people believe it.
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

sierra3tango

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Quoting flyenthu (Reply 59):
Comments please?

As follows

food that you can actually eat
Poor in comparison with many airlines in this part of the world, with limited choice and regularly the choice runs out

- decent food quantity
Agreed, but if poor, you end up with more of something to be avoided

Never tried, but who wants more of something you don't want

Standard for all European & Asian airlines. Choice pales in comparison with say AF or even BA, wine is along the lines of white or red

- menus provided
Of something poor and anything you might 'want' has usually run out. Anyway standard

Standard

Well GF and Saudia have that not to mention dozens of other airlines

AGREED very good

- decent legroom
At 10 across in Y you must be joking, though F & J is standard together with its brassy ambience

Depends

Acceptable but with some basic training flaws, try getting a drink WITH your meal in Y (not 20 mins after)

Agreed & better than many airlines but having CC who can speak (say) Serbian on a DXB / LHR service is a little esoteric

- global coverage
So do many other carriers

Never noticed - does it really matter

- young fleet
Try one of their A330 / 340 or older B777

- amenity kits
Not the best try AF / SQ / QR

- complementary hotel for long transit
Don't know never transited

- complementary meals for long transit
Don't know never transited

- sponsors UAE visa for transiting passengers that can be obtained online
Very many nationalities can obtain Visa's on arrival without EK doing anything.
Don't get the point why do you need a Visa to transit?

Points you don't raise
- baggage allowance is good
- punctuality is poor
- (if you're unlucky) interminable bus rides around the perimeter
- overpopulated terminals (though that has improved recently, but for how long)
- erratic booking web site (though not so bad recently)
And a whole host of other downsides

Try QR, CX & SQ amongst others they are far and away a better product better delivered to the PAX

mcogator

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 61):
Poor in comparison with many airlines in this part of the world, with limited choice and regularly the choice runs out

This is an opinion not found by many.

- menus provided
Of something poor and anything you might 'want' has usually run out. Anyway standard

Sounds like someone just has a serious "beef" with the airline. Disgruntled former employee? Competitor employee?

- decent legroom
At 10 across in Y you must be joking, though F & J is standard together with its brassy ambience

What does 10 abreast have to do with legroom??? EK has legroom on par with KE in Y.

- young fleet

Compared to what?
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

MaverickM11

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Quoting flyingthe757 (Reply 29):

So makes you think oneworld would collapse first over the other 2?

There's so little coordination among airlines outside of the transatlantic/transpacific, and Latin American relationships. Asia/Australia/Europe are a mess; QF just struck a relationship with EK, and AB seems to be destined for closer ties with AF/KL.
I don't take responsibility at all

flyenthu

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Sierra3tango,

I usually travel long haul SQ or EK. I will travel QR next month. I used to travel BA, AA etc. Domestic I travel Southwest. So, I have a pretty good basis for comparison. As you counterpointed, I couldn't help but notice you stating AF has this or BA has that or GF has the other etc., but not the total package. Believe me, small details matter and they add up to the consumer who are paying a lot of $$ to fly long haul. No one cares that much in short haul. But when you are spending 8-15 hours at 35,000 you want amenities and touches, however small they are.

Yes, I have flown EK's old 330 and they are clean, the food and drinks were fine, and the route was 5 hours long. So, short haul and very tolerable. I am not saying EK is stellar, but they are solid in a number of areas.

Best,

Flyenthu

1400mph

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Quoting flyenthu (Reply 64):
I am not saying EK is stellar, but they are solid in a number of areas.

Apart from non-stop.

Their Achilles heel has and always been that their model is based around transfer traffic.

Their change of stance regarding co-operation (QF for example) speaks volumes.

Their is a ceiling after all and they have many more jets on order to make use of.

Threads like 'EK to send A380 to LAX' are ridiculous. What the hell else are they going to do with them as they keep rolling into the fleet ?

sierra3tango

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Quoting mcogator (Reply 62):
Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 61):food that you can actually eat
This is an opinion not found by many.

Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 61):- menus provided
Sounds like someone just has a serious "beef" with the airline. Disgruntled former employee? Competitor employee?

Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 61):- decent legroom

What does 10 abreast have to do with legroom??? EK has legroom on par with KE in Y.

Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 61):- young fleet

Compared to what?

First off my business is in offshore marine so never worked in the airline business, though I now wished I had.
"Beef" yes I've got one - years of putting up with the standards described above. And then I find its won the best airline award! Its not as if my post just mentioned one competitor. I live here & previously in other parts of the ME (& for many years past) & regularly use loads of different airlines, this is my impression from experience flying maybe once a week on a host of airlines to a host of places for decades, sometimes SH sometimes LH

Food - "not found by many" not going into this; all I can say is 'many' of my colleagues agree. The office vote for food goes to Saudia or SQ (in Y) unlikely as that may seem

10 across in Y - well if travelling Y I prefer 9 across or even 8 across (if its a A330 / 340). You get more lateral space

Young fleet - yes & no, some (albeit a smaller proportion) of its getting pretty knackered

EK is a mass transit airline and you must give them some marks for keeping up half acceptable standards, I will fly them but I prefer (as stated before) SQ / QR & CX

My 'beef' is EK won, from experience don't think they deserve to

sierra3tango

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Quoting flyenthu (Reply 64):
Sierra3tango,

I usually travel long haul SQ or EK. I will travel QR next month. I used to travel BA, AA etc. Domestic I travel Southwest. So, I have a pretty good basis for comparison. As you counterpointed, I couldn't help but notice you stating AF has this or BA has that or GF has the other etc., but not the total package. Believe me, small details matter and they add up to the consumer who are paying a lot of $$ to fly long haul. No one cares that much in short haul. But when you are spending 8-15 hours at 35,000 you want amenities and touches, however small they are.

Yes, I have flown EK's old 330 and they are clean, the food and drinks were fine, and the route was 5 hours long. So, short haul and very tolerable. I am not saying EK is stellar, but they are solid in a number of areas.

Best,

Flyenthu

Try QR I think the new Doha airport is fully open now (worth checking, if you have to transfer from old to new AVOID until it has!).

You are totally correct in saying every airline has its strengths (& weaknesses) but not the total package. SQ comes nearest in my mind but, as ever, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As you state its the small touches that matter &
I'm not saying EK is the worst (it isn't) but to my mind it isn't the best, so my rant was about EK winning - not that you should avoid it, if you're happy & confident in flying them do so.

Each to their own

1400mph

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 66):
EK is a mass transit airline and you must give them some marks for keeping up half acceptable standards, I will fly them but I prefer (as stated before) SQ / QR & CX

Yes but my concern is what goes on the ground not in the air. They are already struggling with ATC and when EK 'finally' reaches maturity the mind simply boggles at the logistics involved in managing viably and to high standard that amount of daily transfer traffic.

The second things start to slip the premium end will jump ship. EK don't want to end up chasing bums on seats and flying around hundreds of wide bodies full up with upgrades. There are too many green shoots appearing in the rest of the industry to let that happen. TK is a good example and the other gulf carriers are forging deals with other airlines and joining alliances.

theaviator380

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 pm

[quote=sierra3tango,reply=61]As follows

(Comparison to what? which airliner? can you name please?)

- decent food quantity
Agreed, but if poor, you end up with more of something to be avoided

(Don't think so.)

(I have and it's good)

Standard for all European & Asian airlines. Choice pales in comparison with say AF or even BA, wine is along the lines of white or red

(Don't think so...its pretty standard these days on Y class on almost all airlines, Single malt whiskey, a decent Gin, a decent Vodka, decent Beer and decent Wine...bog standard)

- menus provided

(I always got what I wanted)

Standard

(Nope...some still carries plastic ware)

Well GF and Saudia have that not to mention dozens of other airlines

(do they have same clarity as ICE?) Don't think so.

AGREED very good

- decent legroom

Depends

Acceptable but with some basic training flaws, try getting a drink WITH your meal in Y (not 20 mins after)

(That's not flaw..that's pretty SOP for the airliner if I am not wrong)

Agreed & better than many airlines but having CC who can speak (say) Serbian on a DXB / LHR service is a little esoteric

(You never know who is flying where....it's good to have it than not having this option)

- global coverage
So do many other carriers

( I disagree completely - EK has got better coverage compared to so many airliners + their frequency is far better compared to other airlines, example - 3 daily out of MAN, 5 daily out of BOM, 4 daily I guess out of DEL)

Never noticed - does it really matter

(it does for many people...it makes journey better, especially ultra long flights).

- young fleet

(I agree this point with you their A330 are poor and run down now)

Cheers.
TheAviator380.

sierra3tango

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Quoting 1400mph (Reply 68):
Yes but my concern is what goes on the ground not in the air. They are already struggling with ATC and when EK 'finally' reaches maturity the mind simply boggles at the logistics involved in managing viably and to high standard that amount of daily transfer traffic.

Probably they can do it, but as you say to what standard

They think big here

ETinCaribe

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 5):
Skytrax awards are bought by the airlines, this has been known for a long time.
Quoting HELyes (Reply 9):
Yes I have heard this conspiracy theory but never seen any proof, that would be a major scandal in the business. All airlines bought their awards? Is there some kind of of secret auction?

I have never seen any proof on this though it is a widely held belief esp here on a.net. Can anyone comment on how the bias may be put in place? Perhaps, the airlines with good ratings are those that contract Skytrax to conduct some consultancy services?

Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 39):
Sometimes its too difficult to avoid it (like DXB/ LOS) but where there's a choice it comes last in consideration

If you haven't done so already, perhaps you could try ET or KQ, especially in J, it is not too bad.

SIA747Megatop

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Surprised to find a serious discussion on here considering that the folks over at SQTalk and FlyerTalk are cracking jokes about this.

What interests me is how Air Asia is in the same category as KLM. Both are listed as 3 star airlines.

Those of you that take any of this seriously might want to check this link out.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudi...ytrax-Research/SHP_ADJ_196416.aspx

Oh. And this.

[Edited 2013-06-19 10:31:19]
I found the edit signature button

sierra3tango

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm

[quote=TheAviator380,reply=69][quote=sierra3tango,reply=61]As follows

This thread will end up a mile long so its heavily cut

(Comparison to what? which airliner? can you name please?)
SQ/CX/AF/BA even VA/GF and of course Saudia / Malaysian plus a number of others

- decent food quantity
(Don't think so.)
The menu is Arabic - Fish / Chicken & Mutton plus a veggie. Having spent a Christmas in a hospital in HKG in the mid 90s having eaten fish on a plane, my opinion is fish should be banned on aircraft. Mutton is something I wouldn't queue up for, so that leaves Chicken or a Veggie. In my opinion the menu is more varied on the airlines listed above.

(I have and it's good)
each to their own see above

(Don't think so...its pretty standard these days on Y class on almost all airlines, Single malt whiskey, a decent Gin, a decent Vodka, decent Beer and decent Wine...bog standard)
Well lets just stick with white wine, otherwise the post will be a mile long - on (as you want names) AF/BA/VA/SQ/QR/CX etc you are asked what wine you would like? (admittedly its not always available/ offered) a Semillion / Chardonnay / Pinot etc etc. I'm talking Y, on EK its 'white wine' (almost always a Chardonnay). AF in J class serve wines like Chateau Laffite but on EK (J) never come across it, live in hope.

- menus provided
(I always got what I wanted)
well I don't and still don't not that I 'want' it anyway, usually try to eat at the airport

so which airlines are these?

(do they have same clarity as ICE?) Don't think so.
Some do Saudia/ SQ and a number of the airlines previously mentioned - but ICE is good not disputed

(That's not flaw..that's pretty SOP for the airliner if I am not wrong)
Drinks 20 mins after you eat - pray advise an airline which has such a SOP, the only one with such a SOP I've been on is EK, plus some African carriers.

Agreed
(You never know who is flying where....it's good to have it than not having this option)
Not disputed

- global coverage
( I disagree completely - EK has got better coverage compared to so many airliners + their frequency is far better compared to other airlines, example - 3 daily out of MAN, 5 daily out of BOM, 4 daily I guess out of DEL)
Very informative but don't want to fly from MAN to India, I live in UAE.

(it does for many people...it makes journey better, especially ultra long flights).
If you say so, cant get excited about it

My point is (for the very last time) is that my rant is about EK winning - it is a mega mass transit airline

theaviator380

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Quoting sierra3tango (Reply 73):

Obviously no one asking you to travel from MAN to DEL but EK has got best connections to travel from point A to B if there is no option of direct flight.

What you expect on AF? french wines are always been popular and famous. I am not surprised they having good collection compared to EK. I don't care about wines as I prefer other drinks...thank you.

Who said Arabic menu ? I have got English, Italian, Indian food many times...thank you.

I flew recently with my daughter (she still baby) the way EK treat I was so happy, got so pampered and yes I was in Y class.

SIA747Megatop

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Quoting TheAviator380 (Reply 74):
I flew recently with my daughter (she still baby) the way EK treat I was so happy, got so pampered and yes I was in Y class.

I'm no fan of Emirates (in all cabins) and have expressed this view many times but I've got to say travelling with infants is one of the hardest things I've ever experienced in air travel (had my first experience of this with my cousin recently) and if cabin crew can make travelling with them easier I am sure it is greatly appreciated.  

flyenthu

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Very informative but don't want to fly from MAN to India, I live in UAE.

That's why they surveyed "how many million people now?" Have you ever heard of a sample that large? They cater to a wide variety of travellers crisscrossing the planet.

so which airlines are these?

Last time I flew BA, AA few years back, they were using plasticware. Both airlines served meals to me and my friend that were still frozen. BA flight attendants were very nice, I must say.

theaviator380

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Quoting SIA747Megatop (Reply 75):

True, they gave us 2-3 baby packs, 2-3 nice soft toys to take with us even 2 little blankets. They were looking how baby is doing etc...what else you expect? exhibition of fantastic customer service..

Quoting flyenthu (Reply 76):

Yes they doing great and one of the main reasons is connectivity and they trying to reach so many places where other carriers may not think to start service.

Viscount724

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 5):
ey, seriously? SKYTRAX? This is a highly questionable source.

Skytrax awards are bought by the airlines, this has been known for a long time. I would have thought the users of Airliners.net knew this and would refrain from posting threads like this.

Agree. When I see the word "Skytrax" in any surveys or ratings I stop reading.

flyenthu

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 78):

Agree. When I see the word "Skytrax" in any surveys or ratings I stop reading.

Could you please educate me on this? I mean it sincerely and not sarcastically. Why do so many on here, who are very knowledgeable, say that Skytrax buys ratings from airliners?

[Edited 2013-06-19 16:53:58]

SIA747Megatop

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:04 am

Quoting flyenthu (Reply 79):

Reading the thread may help. In my earlier post I questioned how KLM and Air Asia along with Virgin Atlantic can hold the same "Star" rating.

Furthermore I posted a link to "ASA Adjudication on Skytrax Research." The ASA is a British advertising regulator.

Quoting SIA747Megatop (Reply 72):

HELyes

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Their European rankings:

The Best Airlines:

1. Turkish Airlines
2. Lufthansa
3. Swiss
4. British Airways
5. Aegean Airlines
6. Austrian
7. Finnair
8. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
9. Virgin Atlantic Airways
10. Air France

Best Airline Staff Service:

1. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
2. Swiss International Air Lines
3. Finnair
4. Turkish Airlines
5. Lufthansa

sq_ek_freak

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:20 am

Quoting 1400mph (Reply 54):
In economy considering BA's current equipment I would choose EK. That is not going to cause sleepless nights for BA management though is it.

Regarding you, probably not. But x1000, x5000 others who might start to sway closer to your line of thought, maybe.

Quoting 1400mph (Reply 59):
PLEASANT and CONVENIENT ? Transitting ? Don't think so.

DXB is a mess and I really don't understand how more isn't said about just how bad it is. It isn't Doha, but when you compare to the likes of Singapore Changi, well you simply can't. Its funny because the DXB hub is so central to EK's strategic success yet its such a disaster.

Its usually in form of snacks, not leftovers from the meal service  
- menus provided

Menus in Economy are not standard by any means. That said menus in Y have always confused me, I really don't see the need for it. Such a waste.

Try QR, CX & SQ amongst others they are far and away a better product better delivered to the PAX

I'll give you CX and SQ but not QR. With the new DOH opening in the near future perhaps. But I also have friend who work as cabin crew at QR and the way they are treated I guess taints my view of the airline (its far worse than anything I've seen at EK or EY).

Quoting HELyes (Reply 81):
Best Airline Staff Service:

1. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Now this one I can get fully behind. I was blown away by the service from their cabin crew on a recent flight I took with them. On the way out I was in coach and their 77W is definitely a sardine can, but the crew were so much fun. The way back I was in J so it was a much better experience and the return crew was just as great.
Keep Discovering

SIA747Megatop

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 am

Quoting sq_ek_freak (Reply 82):
Menus in Economy are not standard by any means. That said menus in Y have always confused me, I really don't see the need for it. Such a waste.

When the airline is offering three or four main courses, sometimes two with the same meat it makes life a lot easier for the passengers and the crew.  

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos