Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

cjg225

RE: United Pilot Punched In Face By Drunk Passenger

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:52 pm

"You wanna go right now?"

I'm sorry, I burst out laughing when I heard that one.

And looks like they're at A2. I spy Five Guys in the background.
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...

Rdh3e

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Quoting thekennady (Reply 49):

Your posts all sound like something one would say at an "Obama wants our guns" rally. Lets stick to the facts and stop just spouting about "A Man must protect himself through the use of violent aggression even when better options are available because 'me tarzan me club people'."

[Edited 2013-06-26 15:17:47]

thrufru

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Ha! My friends (pilots at regional, legacy and a few gulf carriers) and I have discussed this ad infinitum. Every single one is in agreement that the behavior of the pilot shown in the video was completely inappropriate and unprofessional and deserved a trip to his Chief Pilot's office. As crew members we a trained how to behave and react in this type of situation. As none of us are pilots at TSA, we can't truly judge whether or not his behavior was in compliance with his company standards. However, I can guarantee that it was well outside the realm of professional standards of virtually every other airline, and frankly any professional business, in this country.

thekennady

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 51):

I Know nothing about what you mentioned in your post besides sticking to the facts. The facts were that a unruly drunk harassed and threatened the pilot and he did what he felt was best. He did not throw the first punch, the drunk did. Im all for self defense, all this politically correct procedure silliness is what is the real issue. People are so immature these days, so they are more inclined to called thier daddy (authority) for every minor issue. The drunk was being stupid and he needed to be checked for his behavior, no crime was comitted so calling the cops was a mute point. Should the pilot just sit there and get harrased? On paper? Yes. In reality? No people are not robots and certain people handle things differently than what may be Ideal from a executive standpoint. You can sit back a use you "better options" all u like, it might cost you one day.

sankaps

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 pm

I just wonder how and why the drunk was allowed to continue using foul language and make a spectacle and nuisance of himself in public for as long as he did, with no one doing anything about it. Where are the cops when you need them? Why was security not called on this guy, especially when cops get called for much more minor issues? What if this pilot had not been around and the situation had not ended the way it did, would this drunk have been allowed to continue to be a nuisance and eventually get on the flight?

RDUDDJI

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 26):
No, he needs to be arrested.

"We don't need a parking lot, I'm standing right here" are fighting words. He actively challenged the drunk to a fight.

Arrested for what? Not backing down to someone who's verbally threatening him? That's not illegal in any jurisdiction I'm aware of.

The pilot didn't threaten anyone, and he surely didn't challenge anyone to a fight. "I'm right here" are hardly fighting words, especially since he was 10m away from the guy. The pax got up and went to the pilot, not the other way around.

I'm not defending the pilot's actions, but he didn't do anything remotely "illegal". It's not wise to antagonize a drunk person, and getting punched in the face was his reward.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

Rdh3e

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Quoting RDUDDJI (Reply 55):
The pilot didn't threaten anyone, and he surely didn't challenge anyone to a fight. "I'm right here" are hardly fighting words,

Since your flag says Lesotho I don't know if it's a translation issue. But in the US, when someone says "let's take this outside", that means he wants to fight you. And then when you respond "I'm right here" that means you would prefer to just fight where you stand and don't need to go outside. It signals willingness to fight. It's classic "fightin' words".

sankaps

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Quoting RDUDDJI (Reply 55):

Arrested for what? Not backing down to someone who's verbally threatening him? That's not illegal in any jurisdiction I'm aware of.

RDUDDJI -- I agree with your post completely. Yes, the pilot could and should have avoided continuing to argue with the drunk and will likely receive coaching on this incident, but to call for him to be arrested, even if done to emphasize a point of view, is extreme and unjustified.

I am also kind of surprised how much of a free pass so many people appear to be giving the drunk. He's a 53 year old man who should be held accountable for his alcohol-induced boorish behavior in a public place, and not excused as if he was a 2-year old who knows no better.

[Edited 2013-06-26 16:15:27]

wjcandee

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Because in whatever backward part of Pennsylvania the dummy was from, people had not confronted him about his conduct when drunk. Maybe the bar he went to tolerated it, maybe his family tolerated it, and then he found himself in a more cosmopolitan place, a place of more density, like an airport. There, people were willing to stand up to his stupidity. That he asked why are you arresting me is indicative of his mindset. I guess it took him this long to learn a little civility.

ozark1

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Quoting thekennady (Reply 41):
he did what he had to do to protect his manhood

What????? His manhood???? This has to be the most comical post in the thread!!!

thekennady

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Quoting ozark1 (Reply 59):

How is it comical when its true? Should he just bowed down and took the verbal abuse? He stood up against a public attempt to emaculate him, nothing wrong with that.

wjcandee

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 am

Quoting thrufru (Reply 52):
As none of us are pilots at TSA

Neither was he. ALPA apparently says he's a UA 757 f/o.

solarflyer22

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:20 am

Quoting sankaps (Reply 57):
RDUDDJI -- I agree with your post completely. Yes, the pilot could and should have avoided continuing to argue with the drunk and will likely receive coaching on this incident, but to call for him to be arrested, even if done to emphasize a point of view, is extreme and unjustified.

I am also kind of surprised how much of a free pass so many people appear to be giving the drunk. He's a 53 year old man who should be held accountable for his alcohol-induced boorish behavior in a public place, and not excused as if he was a 2-year old who knows no better.

I'm with the pilot on this 100%. I don't think "I'm right here" is really that provoking and its not like he personally insulted the guy by calling him an a&&hole or something to that affect. I have seen people hurl much more verbal attacks and expletive tirades without the other side turning to violence. I also think the pilot absolutely had the right drop this guy after he took a swing. I certainly would have done so if someone through a punch at me.

wjcandee

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:27 am

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 62):
its not like he personally insulted the guy by calling him an a&&hole or something to that affect.

Look at the complete video I posted above. He totally insulted the guy, calling him a stupid "FatAss".

ASFlyer

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:33 am

Quoting sankaps (Reply 54):
I just wonder how and why the drunk was allowed to continue using foul language and make a spectacle and nuisance of himself in public for as long as he did, with no one doing anything about it. Where are the cops when you need them? Why was security not called on this guy, especially when cops get called for much more minor issues? What if this pilot had not been around and the situation had not ended the way it did, would this drunk have been allowed to continue to be a nuisance and eventually get on the flight?

They were probably waiting for someone to give him a note from the Captain to see if that would defuse the situation.

AR385

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:43 am

Why would you wait for the cops when a crime had not been commited? From my personal experience calling the cops can make the situation worse, and its not smart to call for them if u are in potential danger because by the time they come you could already be a victim. Cops should be called when a legit crime has been commited and you are out of harms way.

So you see no legit crime being committed here? Just another day at the saloon huh?

Where are the cops when you need them? Why was security not called on this guy,

According to thekennady because:

From my personal experience calling the cops can make the situation worse,

And:

Cops should be called when a legit crime has been commited and you are out of harms way.
Quoting sankaps (Reply 57):
He's a 53 year old man who should be held accountable for his alcohol-induced boorish behavior in a public place, and not excused as if he was a 2-year old who knows no better.

I don´t think anyone is giving him a free pass. Of course he should go to jail and held accountable for his actions. It´s just that the pilot´s behavior is so surprising that people have focused on it, but I´m not sure a free pass is being given to the drunk. Personally I think the guy should be banned from flying for a while.

Quoting ozark1 (Reply 59):
What????? His manhood???? This has to be the most comical post in the thread!!!

It was for sure, until we got this jewel:

Quoting thekennady (Reply 60):
How is it comical when its true? Should he just bowed down and took the verbal abuse? He stood up against a public attempt to emaculate him

Maverick623

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:48 am

Where are the cops when you need them? Why was security not called on this guy, especially when cops get called for much more minor issues?

If you listen closely, you can hear the pilot ask someone at the beginning of the clip if the cops were on their way, to which they replied "yes".

In real life, there's a response time for police... they don't just show up out of nowhere.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

jayunited

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:01 am

Quoting thekennady (Reply 46):
If another man challenges you and verbally attacks you, its infringing on your manhood of course. A display of toughness by the drunk if gone unchecked would turn the pilot into a doormat. No one should have to put up with physical threats and verbal abuse, he went back at the guy like he should have. If the drunk had been layed out by the pilot then maybe the drunk would have learned better for next time and watch how he conducts himself in public.

Had the pilot actually hit the guy do you believe that the airline would be liable and could be sued. Also the pilot could have lost his job?

Did the pilot make the situation worst absolutely but after making the situation worst he then did the right thing by not placing his hands on the passenger and that decision probably not only saved his job but also save the airline from a potentially expensive and embarrassing lawsuit.

thekennady

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:44 am

Quoting jayunited (Reply 67):

If the drunk swings first it was self defense, there is nothing wrong with a man having a gripe and stating how he feels, but when he starts harrasing and threatening the pilot hes crossed the line and hes got whats comming to him(by the pilot). How in the world could you or this drunk even begin to think he has any type of possible lawsuit even if the pilot swung back? The pilot did egg him on a bit but how would you respond to someone saying they will "punch your lights out"?

Quoting AR385 (Reply 65):

What makes u think my comments are so funny? Can u not see what i was explaining or do u just like being difficult? And i always thought a crime had to have a victim, there was no legit crime until the drunk punched him, after that he was finished.

platinumfoota

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:09 am

I believe the pilot should have agreed with him and taken him to the Ramp and let the Rampers handle the situation         
Never forget United 93

AR385

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 am

Quoting thekennady (Reply 68):
What makes u think my comments are so funny?

I dont´think they are funny. I think they are absurd.

Can u not see what i was explaining or do u just like being difficult?

Not at all. If you post something, people can comment on it. I have chosen to comment on what you posted. Does being difficult to you means I am not in agreement with your comments?

And i always thought a crime had to have a victim, there was no legit crime until the drunk punched him, after that he was finished.

That´s not always true. There is no victim when somebody passes through an X-ray machine with a forbidden item, like a gun, and yet police get called.

thekennady

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:52 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 70):

As far as the x-ray machine, Its not illegal to transport a gun, it just must be in a checked luggage container locked and the airline/security must be made aware of it. In the case of prohibited items its a simple deal: Either its removed from the bag or person or they are denied access to the boarding gates/aircraft. Not hardy a criminal issue as much as a security related one.

I still dont understand whats so absurd about my comments, would it make u feel better if everyone agreed with your view points?

AR385

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:18 am

Quoting thekennady (Reply 71):
I still dont understand whats so absurd about my comments

Here you go:

Quoting thekennady (Reply 34):
The pilot did what any man would do
Quoting thekennady (Reply 34):
Just cant believe the pilot allowed himself to be hit with a 1-2 combination from a drunk, he had to be taking one for the team, he never even put his hands up. Lol
Quoting thekennady (Reply 39):
im sure the pilot figured since he was getting the most of the verbal attacks, that he'd might as well stand up to the guy.
Quoting thekennady (Reply 39):
calling for someone else in that situation may seem a bit childish and weak,
he did what he had to do to protect his manhood
this was a minor incident that was far more funny than it was serious.
If another man challenges you and verbally attacks you, its infringing on your manhood of course.
he went back at the guy like he should have
From my personal experience calling the cops can make the situation worse, and its not smart to call for them if u are in potential danger because by the time they come you could already be a victim.
The pilot is a man in his own right and must take care of himself because no one else truly will.
Quoting thekennady (Reply 53):
People are so immature these days, so they are more inclined to called thier daddy (authority) for every minor issue.
Quoting thekennady (Reply 60):
How is it comical when its true? Should he just bowed down and took the verbal abuse? He stood up against a public attempt to emaculate him

I really have no time to explain to you why I believe they are absurd, in regards to the context where it happened. Part of it is your fixation on "manhood" to the point where you actually mention that not responding to the threats of a drunk is being emmasculating. That is telling, along wth the "take care of the issue yourself" mantra in lieu of calling or waiting for an authority.

If this had happened in a highschool, sure. But not at an aiport, with a highly trained professional which I assume a 757 FO is. You seem to think that the "Boys will be boys" thing carries on even when you become a mature adult

Maverick623

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:26 am

And i always thought a crime had to have a victim

You thought wrong.

there is nothing wrong with a man having a gripe and stating how he feels, but when he starts harrasing and threatening the pilot hes crossed the line and hes got whats comming to him(by the pilot)

The thirst for revenge does not negate the responsibility to not unnecessarily escalate a volatile situation.

If this pilot acted like that at a bar or restaurant, he would likely be 86'd. If the cops showed up and he was mouthing off like that, they would tell him to either leave, or he would be arrested as well.

The pilot did egg him on a bit but how would you respond to someone saying they will "punch your lights out"?

I ignore it until the someone hauls them away.

I refuse to stoop to the level of a heavily intoxicated person (at least when I'm sober). There's no reward in that.

I will say this: if I was there, I would have told that pilot to walk away. I also would have told the cops that the pilot was egging the guy on and should be arrested as well (if he kept going like he was).

thekennady

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:50 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 72):

Easy to sit in a armchair and say what coulda/shoulda happend, if someone personally attacks you, the best thing to do is run and call someone? Thats the true definition of childishness if u ask me. A real adult can handle his business without running to his daddy for help over a silly drunk. Please dont tell me you are truly the type of person who believes authority can handle everything, at a young age i learned that is not true. Regardless if this man was at work or not, he can defend himself verbally and even physically without calling "authority" to help him. Once the drunk punched him its fair game to get the cops over there get him outta there and take him to the cell were he can sober up and think about what he did. Just because a man is at work he should regulate himself to a doormat? Sorry, you are wrong on that. If i listened to your logic i most likely would not be alive right now, real talk. I wear a uniform for my job and i am allowed to do what it takes(within reason) to defend myself from a idiot like that drunk. You can be bigger than that, nip it in the bud and dont tolerate threats and verbal abuse from someone u have never done anything to. There is a difference between something that is business and something that personal, if the man was complaining about something, Fine. But once he verbal abuses me personally and makes physical threats, then its a issue that i will adress with him.

AR385

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:54 am

Quoting thekennady (Reply 74):
Easy to sit in a armchair and say what coulda/shoulda happend,

I rest my case.  

jc2354

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:39 am

Why would you wait for the cops when a crime had not been commited? From my personal experience calling the cops can make the situation worse,

This reminds me of the old America West days, and working the late night flights on a Sunday. It was unusual to not deny boarding to at least one drunk, who was probably denied from an earlier flight. It was so bad that there was law enforcement stationed, one per 3 gates, from 2200-0200. And, they would usually call for re-enforcement. I would say that 95% of drunk passengers would take their seat, pass out and sleep the entire flight. But, as you had to worry about the 5% that would create problems, and there were problems, it be best to catch everybody before they boarded the flight.

Quoting jayunited (Reply 67):
Had the pilot actually hit the guy

I watched the video (thanks wjcandee!), and didn't see the pilot hit the drunk. If indeed he did not hit the drunk, then I certainly admire his restraint. The pilot will probably be in the chief pilot's for a sit down, but he shouldn't be fired.

On a personal aside, it bothered me that all you could hear were people laughing during the fight, and that no one offered any assistance to the man who tackled the passenger. Yes, a few people went over, but did any of them offer their help, or were just passing along a "high 5"?
If not now, then when?

thekennady

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:41 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 75):

You antics prove nothing, if u cant support your argument without attacking my form of expression no longer will i entertain you, ive learned how not to debate. Thanks,. Im finished on this thread.

wjcandee

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:54 am

Quoting jc2354 (Reply 76):
I watched the video (thanks wjcandee!), and didn't see the pilot hit the drunk

My pleasure!! He didn't hit him.

no one offered any assistance to the man who tackled the passenger

It's interesting that you say that. There were two guys who brought the drunk down. The one in the white shirt is a fellow UA pilot. The other -- the guy in the t-shirt -- I dunno who he was, but he was the guy to whom the pilot was saying "Did you hear him threaten..." Don't know if the pilot knew him, whether he was off-duty LE, or a football player or what, but he was exceptionally-muscular, whereas the other pilot was simply BIG. I heard the drunk say at one point, in an acknowledging way, "I know who you are." Maybe he was a football player or something.

I myself felt like those two big guys more than had the drunk under control, although the pilot seemed to be struggling a bit. I was surprised to see someone walk over and just talk to them; it didn't seem for sure that that was necessary. I was actually pleased to see the number of other people who struck either nonchalant poses or more-affirmative poses, which seemed to me to suggest that if any help was necessary, they were there. It is exactly, frankly, what I do in my favorite bar if (well...WHEN) security has to have a talk with someone which is probably going to lead to them being ejected. A good doorman or bouncer is happy to know that you're there, but initially he wants to talk to the patron and see how hard it's going to have to go down. If he has to put hands on the guy, he still wants to just do it himself or with another bouncer because they can often just guide him out. More than once, I have seen a regular patron want to help by either saying something to the drunk or standing nearby in a pose that is a little too aggressive. The doorman is succeeding in appealing to that little bit of reason that is left in the drunk, or is walking the drunk out relatively-smoothly, when the drunk then sees or hears the"helpful" patron, and all of a sudden it's "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT" and the thing goes sideways, whereupon a lot more force has to be used. So I usually stand nearby but don't engage the guy verbally or with my eyes until it's clear that another couple hundred pounds of muscle (and gristle) is needed. That has generally worked very well. (Although everyone has their personal style; a friend who used to do that job was a powerful, lean-but-amazingly-muscular bodybuilder. He never bothered with the "Hey, buddy" approach. He would just walk over, square off on the guy, look him straight in the eye and say very calmly and surprisingly-quietly, "it's time to go." If the next words out of the drunk's mouth were anything other than, "Sorry...I'm leaving", he would say, equally-calmly and without breaking his gaze, "You need to go right now or I will drop you right here." Almost always completely-effective.)

I also think the setting of this video is important. We kind of come in on it in the middle. The police have already been called because the guy is just mouthing off to everyone, but it's a "we gotta drunk who's gotta go" call, not a "there's a fight" call. The pilot and the guy have clearly already had words, and the pilot seems basically to want to help contain the guy in the area until the police get there, which he is doing verbally. The guy wants to engage him verbally, half-whining, albeit in a profane and aggressive way. That's why the pilot tells him to "just sit there" -- he wants the cops to deal with it. In my view, his manner is more aggressive than it needs to be if his goal is just to keep the guy there; he's treating him as a rational person which, at this point, he is not. As he proves.

Interesting study of human nature.

[Edited 2013-06-26 23:04:43]

sankaps

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:55 am

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 64):
They were probably waiting for someone to give him a note from the Captain to see if that would defuse the situation.

You mean as is standard practice (a warning note) at many US airlines as an escalation control step for in-flight bad behavior (as per Maverick) and for a major airlines like BA for both in-fight and airport bad behavior? While it is clearly useful in some situations (or the practice would have failed and been abandoned by now), it probably would not be quite so effective against a man who is already raging drunk. It needs to be done before a situation deteriorates to this level.

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 73):
I refuse to stoop to the level of a heavily intoxicated person (at least when I'm sober). There's no reward in that.

But as you have shown in some of your angry posts in other threads (where you call people liars, teach them English lessons, and scream at them in ALL CAPS for espousing a point of view you disagree with), you do have a point where you "lose it". You are in or from the airline industry and I am not sure whether you are a pilot or not, but the pilot in question is also a human being. After being taunted and abused, he made a snippy remark (not abusive, just snippy). Most of us agree he should not have, and he will likely receive coaching for that. But to suggest he was equally or more to blame for this incident and should be arrested is just ridiculous (there is that word again).

I watched the video (thanks wjcandee!), and didn't see the pilot hit the drunk. If indeed he did not hit the drunk, then I certainly admire his restraint. The pilot will probably be in the chief pilot's for a sit down, but he shouldn't be fired.

I agree completely. The pilot was the only guy trying to get this drunk to behave, shut up, and sit down. This drunk was staggering about hurling the f bomb and being extremely abusive and threatening physical violence in a public place where there could be children and others. Security had not shown up. The guy was clearly not listening to crew or staff instructions.

Think about this: In-flight if he abused the crew and staggered about being a public nuisance, threatening people with physical violence, he might have been tackled and brought down by the FAM, passengers, or crew and people would have applauded that. If an off-duty pilot brought him down, he would have been called a hero. But because this incident happened at the gate, and even though the pilot did not retaliate when physically assaulted by the drunk, it is the pilot who should be arrested / fired???

On a personal aside, it bothered me that all you could hear were people laughing during the fight

Me too.

[Edited 2013-06-27 00:09:11]

Rdh3e

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Quoting thekennady (Reply 77):
Im finished on this thread.

Finally.

So has there been any further news about what will happen with the pilot? Is he off the hook or will he face any disciplinary action? I won't place the blame on him here fully, but probably 10% of this was him acting unprofessionally. Drunks are irrational and engaging them is a lose-lose situation.

BC77008

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:07 pm

The pilot should be fired or at least be within an inch of being fired. When he said "You want to go right now?" he crossed a major line. He had the uniform on, he was representing his airline, he is expected to remain professional at all times.
MY favorite airline and hub is bigger and/or better than YOUR favorite airline and hub!

silentbob

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Quoting tonystan (Reply 8):
I don't know Nightfox, I'd expect a captain to have a cooler approach to such a situation and not allow his bravado take over. As a man with the responsibility of an aircraft he should be able to demonstrate more restraint then that. I know I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable working with such a hot head!

I couldn't agree more, that is not someone whose judgment I trust after seeing that video.

Quoting ozark1 (Reply 18):
Sorry, but the pilot seemed to insist on having the last word

That's far, far too common

Quoting ozark1 (Reply 18):
Completely unprofessional behavior by the pilot.

Absolutely, there is no excuse for someone acting like that.

I would say that 95% of drunk passengers would take their seat, pass out and sleep the entire flight. But, as you had to worry about the 5% that would create problems, and there were problems, it be best to catch everybody before they boarded the flight.

Well, that and the FARs that make it illegal to board someone that "appears to be intoxicated"

RDUDDJI

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:33 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 56):
Since your flag says Lesotho I don't know if it's a translation issue. But in the US, when someone says "let's take this outside", that means he wants to fight you. And then when you respond "I'm right here" that means you would prefer to just fight where you stand and don't need to go outside. It signals willingness to fight. It's classic "fightin' words".

Absolutely false. And quite frankly, I hope you're never on a jury. He didn't approach the guy, and he surely didn't say he wanted to fight. He also did not back down, which again, is NOT illegal. Ill advised behavior when facing an angry drunk person (especially in his uniform), but far from illegal.

If you want to know where I'm from, click on my username. ATT commercial: "It's not that hard". Currently I'm @ JFK.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

Rdh3e

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Quoting RDUDDJI (Reply 83):
Absolutely false. And quite frankly, I hope you're never on a jury. He didn't approach the guy, and he surely didn't say he wanted to fight. He also did not back down, which again, is NOT illegal. Ill advised behavior when facing an angry drunk person (especially in his uniform), but far from illegal.

Where did I say he did anything illegal? I simply described to you the colloquialism of "Lets take this outside" and "I'm right here" which are words of a people looking for a fight. Clearly you still do not understand that.

ozark1

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:47 am

Quoting thekennady (Reply 77):
You antics prove nothing, if u cant support your argument without attacking my form of expression no longer will i entertain you, ive learned how not to debate. Thanks,. Im finished on this thread.

Thank goodness! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the galley!  

Maverick623

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:27 am

Quoting RDUDDJI (Reply 83):
He didn't approach the guy, and he surely didn't say he wanted to fight.

"Good thing we're not in a parking lot, I'd kick your ass"

"I'm right here buddy, we don't need a parking lot".

Yep, sure sounds like he didn't want a fight.

RussianJet

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:42 am

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 86):
"Good thing we're not in a parking lot, I'd kick your ass"

"I'm right here buddy, we don't need a parking lot".

Yep, sure sounds like he didn't want a fight.

I sympathise with any member of staff faced with a drunken, aggressive oaf, and it can be tricky to keep your cool and act professionally. That, however, is what you're expected to do. He should have stopped engaging with him, not puffed his chest out and invited the guy to attack him. Legally he's the victim of assault, but professional terms he was pretty poor.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

sankaps

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:04 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 87):
Legally he's the victim of assault, but professional terms he was pretty poor.

Most people agree with this. Pretty much everyone says he should receive some coaching as a result. But to call for him (the pilot) to be ARRESTED??? Give me a break!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos