Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Cockpit Photos

Sat Oct 28, 2000 1:26 am

Hi everybody!

If I'm sitting in the economic class, can I request to visit the cockpit? or only biz class can?

Thanks!
Macro

wing

RE: Cockpit Photos

Sat Oct 28, 2000 1:48 am

There's no such thing that only the first class passengers allowed in the cockpit.Normally the cockpit is off limits to everybody and the door most be closed and locked.But if you ask polite enough and the pilots are not busy with something important(such as sometimes one of the crewmember can be in a line check and they don't want the passenegers around)And also time of asking is also importantant. During Take offs and landings they are very busy and they might not let you in there during these time.If you want to view a take off and landing you'd better ask it before they start descending for example.And the company policy is very important also.Some airlines during the hot political times are more subject to hijacks so their policy might be absolutly nobody allowed inside the cockpit.So good luck on your next flight and hope you can visit "the office" soon.
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

Jmc777

Sat Oct 28, 2000 2:42 am

On UK airlines, absolutely any body can visit the flight deck. Whilst the door does normally remain closed, it is also quite often left open for the entire flight, including take off and landing.

The majority of visitors are usually children, any age, any size as long as they are accompanied.

If you want to go up to the front, just ask one of the crew, as long as the service is out of the way it's usually not a problem, but again this is only for UK airlines, I believe they have different policies depending which airline you fly on.

Happy Flying
jmc777 

TriStar

Sat Oct 28, 2000 4:36 am

Similar to what jmc777 said, we also try to be as accommodating as possible to anyone who requests visiting the cockpit. Not only children, for that matter. Quite often, first time fliers will be happy to take a peek up front. Not to mention your genuine aviation buff, of course.
And sometimes, it helps people who suffer from fear of flying to go and have a look at what the cockpit crew is doing, and have them explain one or two things about what keeps all of us up there in the air. (Don't pretend to have fear of flying in order to be sure of your visit of the cockpit, though. It's hard enough for people who really have to deal with it.)

At any rate, Endofdays, I would advise you to ask. A "no" you have - a "yes" you can get.

Happy flying,

TriStar.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos