Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Is The JFK Jitney Still Running Between T2 And T4?

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Mornin'! My father and I am flying out of JFK later tonight to CHS and since we can get into the airport around 2pm for our 640pm departure, I thought maybe we could explore T4 a little bit before going over to T2. But, only if the JFK Jitney is still running. So, is the jitney still running between T2 and T4? Any help is appreicated!  
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

michman

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Yes, the Jitney is running (I imagine they will run it as long as T2 is still around). However, they check your boarding pass before they let you board, so I doubt they will let you board when they see your boarding pass is for CHS out of T2.

jfklganyc

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Sadly, yes, the Jitney is still running.

What a mess of an operation Delta has made for themselves. A real mess.

Here's an idea...take the AirTrain to T4 and then go through security there....then you can take the bus back to T2

They let you check in in either place

FoxBravo

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Quoting michman (Reply 1):
Yes, the Jitney is running (I imagine they will run it as long as T2 is still around). However, they check your boarding pass before they let you board, so I doubt they will let you board when they see your boarding pass is for CHS out of T2

True, but they should be able to check in and clear security at T4, explore a bit, and then catch the Jitney over to T2. I don't believe the TSA looks at the departure gate on your boarding pass when you go through security (but I haven't tried so please don't hold me to this!).

Edit: jfklganyc, thanks for confirming.

[Edited 2013-08-05 06:52:48]
Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire

Mir

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:26 pm

I doubt TSA would have a problem with you clearing security in T4, since for all they know you could be coming off an international flight and connecting to a domestic one. And though Delta does recommend you check in at the terminal you depart from, I don't think they'd stop you either.

But do leave lots of time for the bus between the terminals.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Quoting jfklganyc (Reply 2):
Here's an idea...take the AirTrain to T4 and then go through security there....then you can take the bus back to T2
Quoting Mir (Reply 4):
I doubt TSA would have a problem with you clearing security in T4, since for all they know you could be coming off an international flight and connecting to a domestic one.

That was my thought, too. Clear security through T4 and hang out, get a bite to eat, etc, then head over to T2!

Quoting Mir (Reply 4):
But do leave lots of time for the bus between the terminals.

I figured we'd head over to T2 around 5pm for our 640 departure. Should be plenty of time.

Thanks everybody for the help!  
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

goldorak

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Yes, This shuttle is still running. It is convenient because you avoid to re-clear security. However, it is very slow and takes a longer route than it should, because they are dropping you on the other side of T4 pier, so you have to go all around. I don't understand why they did not move the shuttle room on the other side of the pier at T4.
They indeed check your BP, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as you have a DL BP. I was connecting at JFK last week-end, arriving and departing from T2. But I didn't want to use the crappiest SkyClub on earth that is the one of T2 and wanted to discover instead the new and very nice one of T4. So I used the shuttle to do this and it was no problem.

m11stephen

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Yup! They went from having two terminals connected by a short walkway to two terminals connected by a long bus ride! Not sure how that's an improvement...
My opinions, statements, etc. are my own and do not have any association with those of any employer.

FoxBravo

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Quoting goldorak (Reply 6):
I don't understand why they did not move the shuttle room on the other side of the pier at T4.

My understanding is that they are working on doing this. Of course once T3 is completely torn down that will also shorten the ride significantly.

Quoting m11stephen (Reply 7):
They went from having two terminals connected by a short walkway to two terminals connected by a long bus ride! Not sure how that's an improvement...

It's a big improvement for the many pax, like me, for whom NYC is the origin/destination and who will never need to take that bus.

Mir

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Quoting FoxBravo (Reply 8):
My understanding is that they are working on doing this. Of course once T3 is completely torn down that will also shorten the ride significantly.

If they're going from the wrong side of the B-pier, I'm not sure tearing down T3 is going to make that much of a difference. Once you've gone around the B-pier you're pretty much on the perimeter road anyway, and at that point it's a straight shot to T2 without even having to go around T3.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

mayor

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Quoting m11stephen (Reply 7):
Yup! They went from having two terminals connected by a short walkway to two terminals connected by a long bus ride! Not sure how that's an improvement...

Uh, you DO realize that they're not done yet, right? Of course, you'd neglect to mention that when trying to turn this into a bash DL thread, wouldn't you?
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

FoxBravo

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 10):
If they're going from the wrong side of the B-pier, I'm not sure tearing down T3 is going to make that much of a difference.

As I mentioned in my first sentence above, I have heard that the plan is to move the bus stop to the other side, by gate B20.

mayor

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:08 pm

Quoting FoxBravo (Reply 11):
If they're going from the wrong side of the B-pier, I'm not sure tearing down T3 is going to make that much of a difference.

Wonder why it shows this as MY quote, when it clearly isn't?
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

b727fa

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:10 pm

I promise nobody "checks your bp" before you get on the bus.
My comments/opinions are my own and are not to be construed as the opinion(s) of my employer.

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Quoting B727FA (Reply 13):

That must be a new change. as last time I used it (last August) they did.

FoxBravo

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 12):
Wonder why it shows this as MY quote, when it clearly isn't?

Weird--no idea. Must be some kind of glitch--maybe a post got deleted and the post numbers shifted? Anyway, sorry about that!

alfa164

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Uh, you DO realize that they're not done yet, right? Of course, you'd neglect to mention that when trying to turn this into a bash DL thread, wouldn't you?

And you, as usual, are trying to turn it into a DL-can-do-no-wrong thread.

Actually, DL has done a lot of things right, but the over-hyped, utterly unimaginative decision to tack another half mile corridor onto T4 doesn't fall into that category. You do have lots of things to brag about, but, unfortunately, the "new" JFK isn't one of them.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

richierich

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Reply 2, posted Mon Aug 5 2013 09:51:35 your local time (3 hours 47 minutes 34 secs ago) and read 0 times:

Sadly, yes, the Jitney is still running.

Oh boy, you have got that right!
Flew into T2 last week from MSP and several people on my flight were scheduled to go to SVO and MXP with only an hour between flights. We arrived 15 minutes late into JFK, followed by sitting on the tarmac for another 25 minutes waiting for a gate to open up. Those minutes tick by very slowly when your connection is tight! (Before you blame the passengers for such a tight connection, this is the way DL sells it!) When we did pull up toward T2, it seemed many of the passengers were unaware they had to transfer to T4 via a bus (complete lack of announcements onboard); I have no idea if they made their flights but arriving into the T2 express gates and walking into the T2 mothership is, frankly, worthy of a Third World arrival. I can only imagine how bad this is on a rainy day!

So yes, the jitney is definitely working (I could not take it to T4 as my destination was JFK) but allowing for extra time is important AND necessary! And it is unfortunate that you have to fly out of the embarrassment that is T2.
None shall pass!!!!

jfklganyc

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:48 pm

I think they checked the BP before T3 closed.

Now that the "new T4" is open...anyone can go.

There is a bus stop being built right next to B20. You can see it from the Airtrain tracks.

Structure is up. Looks like it will have elevators to departures level.

Also, the initial pilings for the RJ finger are in the ground.

They seem to want to get these two pieces in place quickly.

This is understandable...because the current set up STINKS.

That is not a Delta bash...that is a cold, hard reality. Delta knows this, and will rectify this within 6 months to a year I'd imagine

mayor

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Quoting alfa164 (Reply 16):

And you, as usual, are trying to turn it into a DL-can-do-no-wrong thread.

Please, please show me where I said that or where I stated it..........I just think it's premature to criticize the whole thing when there's alot of construction to be done, yet.

panamair

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Yes, the Jitney is still running - just used it yesterday for an international flight departing out of T2. Checked in at T4, used the SkyClub/SkyDeck, then went to B23 to take the bus over. They DO check boarding passes though, but not as thoroughly as before (before the T3 closure, they used to check that you had a boarding pass for a flight departing out of T4 before allowing you on the bus from T2/3. Now they just check to see that you have a boarding pass).

I've done the Jitney ride many times now, and the length of the journey depends on the amount of traffic (aircraft pushing back, taxiing, etc.). The fastest ride has been around 5- 6 minutes. Yesterday's took 8 minutes. Also, unlike the old T2/T3 to T4 bus, the frequencies are much more regular now and the maximum wait in between Jitneys has been around 4 to 5 minutes (in case one fills up).

The future Jitney ride will be between Gate B20 and T2 Gate C60. Once T3 is out of the way, it will be a much shorter direct bus route, with no need to go around the T4A pier.

FlyDeltaJets

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Quoting goldorak (Reply 6):
I don't understand why they did not move the shuttle room on the other side of the pier at T4.

That bus station was there when terminal 4 was originally built.
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

m11stephen

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Um... How did me disagreeing with the "new" JFK have anything to do with bashing DL? All I'm saying is that Delta should have been able to do a better job with redeveloping their JFK terminals.
My opinions, statements, etc. are my own and do not have any association with those of any employer.

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Well, we did it!   We went through security at T4 and I went and saw T4 while my father sat at B24 to blend in wit the AMS passengers   and now we're over at T2. Bus ride was a breeze. They checked our BPs (visually, not with the machine) and we were off.

On a side note, I'm watching flight 72 load up for IST at C68. I didn't know DL did Int'l out of T2 anymore. I thought they didn't do it before and after T4 was completed I was SURE they didn't do Int'l from 2. I guess I was wrong (which NEVER HAPPENS!!     )

FoxBravo

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Quoting Mesaflyguy (Reply 23):

Glad to hear it worked out!

I think the vast majority of international flights (especially widebodies) are out of T4, but just the other day I read a post on another website about a flight to DUB out of T2, so it definitely does happen from time to time.

panamair

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Quoting FoxBravo (Reply 24):
but just the other day I read a post on another website about a flight to DUB out of T2, so it definitely does happen from time to time.

Actually with the summer peak, it's more than just 'from time to time', though they always try to schedule the same internationals out of T2. IST, PRG, CPH, and ZRH almost always leave out of T2 gates (though ZRH is leaving out of T4 tonight as an exception). The most important flights (LHR, LAX, SFO, SEA) not only always leave from T4, but also from the gates closest to the new SkyClub.

FoxBravo

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Quoting panamair (Reply 25):
Actually with the summer peak, it's more than just 'from time to time', though they always try to schedule the same internationals out of T2. IST, PRG, CPH, and ZRH almost always leave out of T2 gates (though ZRH is leaving out of T4 tonight as an exception). The most important flights (LHR, LAX, SFO, SEA) not only always leave from T4, but also from the gates closest to the new SkyClub.

Thanks--didn't realize there were that many.

I see the Delta website now says "All Delta flights operate from T4 or T2. Delta Connection flights routinely leave from T2. International flights and flights to Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) and Seattle (SEA) routinely leave from T4. Once you’re at JFK, check in-airport screens for the most up-to-date details." I could be wrong but I believe they've softened that language a bit (i.e., by adding "routinely") from when T4 first opened, presumably to add more flexibility.

bobnwa

RE: Is The JFK Jitney Still Running Between T2 And T4?

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 pm

How does a question about the Jitney service between T2 anf T4 turn into a dump on Delta message?

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Quoting panamair (Reply 25):

I did see the ZRH flight (N181DN) at T4 and after the IST flight (N178DN) left, the CPH flight (N179DN) pulled in. Also, N172DZ just pushed back from C63 but I can't tell where it's going.

richierich

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 pm

Quoting bobnwa (Reply 27):

How does a question about the Jitney service between T2 anf T4 turn into a dump on Delta message?

While the jitney is a real question, it is also part of the problem at T2/T4 and not part of the solution. My recommendation to future DL passengers connecting through JFK is to not set expectations very high at all. Perhaps you won't find it quite so bad that way.
None shall pass!!!!

azjubilee

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Quoting richierich (Reply 29):
While the jitney is a real question, it is also part of the problem at T2/T4 and not part of the solution.

But is IS part of the solution. At the moment, there is no other way to get between the two DL facilities. Until the new regional extension is complete and T2 is no longer used, this is the reality of the T2/T4 situation like it or not. It's not as if DL can just splash some water on the concrete and grow a fancy new terminal that instantly meets DLs needs and meets the unrealistic expectations of those on airliners.net

AA94

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Quoting B727FA (Reply 13):

I flew out on 12JUL and it was checked.

Quoting richierich (Reply 29):
While the jitney is a real question, it is also part of the problem at T2/T4 and not part of the solution. My recommendation to future DL passengers connecting through JFK is to not set expectations very high at all. Perhaps you won't find it quite so bad that way.

I flew BWI-JFK-MAD on 12JUL and actually didn't find the transfer between T2 and T4 via the JFK Jitney to be that much of a hassle. For me, it was preferable to having to reclear security at T4. While it's not the ideal situation, it wasn't the earth-shattering inconvenience that you are making it out to be.

Again, this is simply my opinion, and you are entitled to yours. But, in my opinion, the flea market that is T2 is much more offensive than the JFK Jitney.

spacecadet

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:31 am

Quoting Mesaflyguy (Reply 23):
On a side note, I'm watching flight 72 load up for IST at C68. I didn't know DL did Int'l out of T2 anymore.

I was there about 2 weeks ago, and while I don't know where it was going, there was a DL 744 parked at the end of T2 with *air stairs* connected to it and engines running. The stairs were connected at two separate doors and were the kind that pax use, so I don't think it was just a maintenance thing. But I was really curious if they were actually loading up (or unloading) a 744 using air stairs. I personally love that and you see it all the time in Asia, but it seems very strange to see it at JFK. Wish I took a picture.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

FoxBravo

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:51 am

Quoting spacecadet (Reply 32):
I was there about 2 weeks ago, and while I don't know where it was going, there was a DL 744 parked at the end of T2 with *air stairs* connected to it and engines running.

Was it on July 27 by any chance? There was a thread on FlyerTalk about a DL 744 that had a mechanical problem after taxiing out, so the pax disembarked by stairs and buses near T3. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-173-jfk-nrt-yesterday-7-27-a.html

Otherwise doesn't sound like a typical occurrence--I believe the 744 flights (almost) always use T4 these days.

[Edited 2013-08-05 17:52:32]

spacecadet

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:59 am

Quoting FoxBravo (Reply 33):
Was it on July 27 by any chance?

No, it was actually July 19th. That is weird, though. Maybe it was something similar.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 am

Interesting, I don't know what that would've been about. However, on a slightly related note, today I did hear them calling boarding for a CM flight that was on a hardstand.

b727fa

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:40 am

There's no reason to check a BP. I'm JFK based and I never see them "checking" BP's. There's no reason to. If you're in the secure area at the B Gates and want to get a burger at Wendy's (at C gates) get on the Jitney and go. Nobody *cares* that you're going over there. If there is any "checking" it's to make sure you're not going the wrong way...but NOT to refuse you access to the bus.
My comments/opinions are my own and are not to be construed as the opinion(s) of my employer.

mayor

Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:57 am

Quoting m11stephen (Reply 22):
All I'm saying is that Delta should have been able to do a better job with redeveloping their JFK terminals.

Let me type this a little slower so you can understand.......as I mentioned at least twice before, the project is NOT finished as of yet. Once it's done and in operation and it STILL stinks, then you can criticize all you want and I'll even help you, but I'm not going to bet on the fact that it might not work.  

questions

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:21 am

Quoting mayor (Reply 37):
Let me type this a little slower so you can understand.......as I mentioned at least twice before, the project is NOT finished as of yet. Once it's done and in operation and it STILL stinks, then you can criticize all you want and I'll even help you, but I'm not going to bet on the fact that it might not work.  

It's the Delta marketing machine that's the problem. Touting the grand imperial palace of T4... without mentioning T2... and the jitney. The work Delta has done *to date* is nice, but it's not complete... and you'd never know it from the PR spin they've put on the place. How about a little honesty in advertising? Delta has hit a significant milestone and it should be celebrated... ALONG with information that the project is not complete and more is to come.

I was there last week. Good thing I talc'd my balls before leaving the hotel... subway to Air Train to T4 to jitney to T2 to Delta Connection flight I was sweating bullets!

m11stephen

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 am

And what is phase III? I have yet to see any plan which includes moving ALL flights into T4.

alfa164

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:46 am

Quoting azjubilee (Reply 30):
But is IS part of the solution. At the moment, there is no other way to get between the two DL facilities. Until the new regional extension is complete and T2 is no longer used, this is the reality of the T2/T4 situation like it or not. It's not as if DL can just splash some water on the concrete and grow a fancy new terminal that instantly meets DLs needs and meets the unrealistic expectations of those on airliners.net

Perhaps the problem of "unrealistic expectations" is there because DL oversold the expectations - and the result wasn't what was expected.

No need to type slower, just thing more deeply: Everyone may realize the operation isn't finished, but there is a difference between a well-planned, but still not perfect, unfinished job, and a piss-poor, almost untenable unfinished job. I am afraid the "new" JFK/DL operation is the latter.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

azjubilee

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:51 am

Quoting alfa164 (Reply 40):
Perhaps the problem of "unrealistic expectations" is there because DL oversold the expectations - and the result wasn't what was expected.

I agree, the classic PR machine at DL was in full swing with the opening of the T4 extension.

panamair

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:24 am

I was there about 2 weeks ago, and while I don't know where it was going, there was a DL 744 parked at the end of T2 with *air stairs* connected to it and engines running.

It wasn't at the end of T2 but rather right by T3 (by the old T3 gates 8, 9, 10 area). That area is used now for remote parking (space for two aircraft). The DL 744 is usually parked there in between the NRT arrival and the TLV departure.

They also use the area by T3 Gate 12, and T3 Gate 15/16 for remote parking; they usually park a 763 or 764 in each of those areas in the afternoon in between flights.

and a piss-poor, almost untenable unfinished job. I am afraid the "new" JFK/DL operation is the latter.

Stop being so overly dramatic. I have been using the facility almost every week since it opened in late May (including many Jitney crossings), and it's not nearly as bad as you seem to want it to be (judging from all of your previous posts). And they have been making incremental improvements (especially around procedures) since then.

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:55 am

Quoting panamair (Reply 42):
Stop being so overly dramatic. I have been using the facility almost every week since it opened in late May (including many Jitney crossings), and it's not nearly as bad as you seem to want it to be (judging from all of your previous posts). And they have been making incremental improvements (especially around procedures) since then.

It really isn't as bad as many people seem to think. Yes, it is kinda bland, but it is functional, and it is nicer than many other airports I've flown through (cough, cough, LGA, EWR, PHL, CLT, IAD, etc.). Though it IS a bit long, and since I was simply doing the walk to get pics of the planes and explore the new facilities, I wasn't using the people-movers. For that matter, I had my longest experience in T2 that I've had yet yesterday and, aside from having barely any functioning charging stations, it really wasn't that bad. It has some good views of international movements at T1 and good runway views, and it isn't falling apart like some think. I looked around and though, "wow, this is much better than I was expecting". And on the jitney, instead of fixating on how inconvenient the ride was (which it wasn't that bad), I focused on the fact that I was traversing the ramp of one of the busiest airports in the world, and spent my time observing all the movement on the ramp and enjoyed flying up close to the biggies at T4.

But, that being said, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I might get flamed for not bashing T2 and the Jitney. Or, maybe I'm just way to easy to please. Who knows?  

jetlanta

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:02 pm

It will all be over in about 18 months anyway...

jfklganyc

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:15 pm

No need to type slower, just thing more deeply: Everyone may realize the operation isn't finished, but there is a difference between a well-planned, but still not perfect, unfinished job, and a piss-poor, almost untenable unfinished job. I am afraid the "new" JFK/DL operation is the latter.

Bingo. And the billboards which talk about Deltas new "terminal" at JFK fail to mention the old terminal (which is worse than ever) or the long bus ride to get there.

THIS WAS MY EXACT EXPERIENCE EXCEPT COMING FROM BOS ON A 319. Spot on Assessment:

Quoting richierich (Reply 17):
Flew into T2 last week from MSP and several people on my flight were scheduled to go to SVO and MXP with only an hour between flights. We arrived 15 minutes late into JFK, followed by sitting on the tarmac for another 25 minutes waiting for a gate to open up. Those minutes tick by very slowly when your connection is tight! (Before you blame the passengers for such a tight connection, this is the way DL sells it!) When we did pull up toward T2, it seemed many of the passengers were unaware they had to transfer to T4 via a bus

DL747400

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Quoting alfa164 (Reply 16):
You do have lots of things to brag about, but, unfortunately, the "new" JFK isn't one of them.

How about not having billions in debt associated with a fancy new terminal that's not being fully utilized?  
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Quoting DL747400 (Reply 46):

How about not having billions in debt associated with a fancy new terminal that's not being fully utilized?

{Apply water to burned area}            

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood!  Wow!         

FlyDeltaJets

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:12 pm

How is this jitney any worse than Arriving in A30 and connecting to D30 in ATL?
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

MesaFlyGuy
Topic Author

Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Quoting flydeltajets (Reply 48):
How is this jitney any worse than Arriving in A30 and connecting to D30 in ATL?

Well, you get better views from the Jitney   and music is usually played on the busses too!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos