Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MANYUL

RE: MAN News 50.. SV Restarting Ops

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:39 pm

AC starting Rouge service to/from YYZ to MAN from 26th June 2014 to 13th September 2014

AC1930 YYZ-MAN 22h05-09h55 12457
AC1931 MAN-YYZ 11h25-14h10 12356

This route was rumoured as a possibility when Rouge started but now it is bookable with AC

davies2911

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:19 am

I've looked at a selection of dates for next year, and they are still considerably more expensive than TS on every date ive checked.
I hope they have some sales up their sleeves otherwise I can't see this working given TS have been flying to MAN for years and already have word of mouth and previous custom in favour.

MANYUL

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:38 am

The one upside AC has is that they are able to offer connections with AC mainline. I am not so interested in MAN-YYZ itself but MAN-YYZ-YUL. It's also another option to get to BOS with pre-clearance in YYZ, instead of going via EWR, IAD or JFK

David_itl
Topic Author

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 am

Chinese join the Airport City development

Hopefully this will gain more prominence within the UK as one of the largest construction projects. Whether this will help with the securement of a direct China link is a moot point but this can be added to the Beijing sister airport agreement as nice things to bring to the discussion table as pointers on how co-operation is being developed.

ZKOJH

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:17 am

Well becoming sister airport with Beijing was over 2 years ago and we are still waiting for that 'DIRECT' air-link to PEK. Can't see it popping up anytime soon. I have personally had my fingers and toes for it to happen, last trip I did home to the UK was with TK via IST. (I try as much as possible to avoid LHR!)
Air New Zealand ~ dreams of flying

LGWGate49

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Quoting ZKOJH (Reply 54):
Well becoming sister airport with Beijing was over 2 years ago and we are still waiting for that 'DIRECT' air-link to PEK. Can't see it popping up anytime soon.

I've heard a whisper of a rumour that Hainan Airlines are seriously considering it
Look for the ridiculous in everything, and you will find it

Danfearn77

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:51 pm

How would they fair against EK, EY and QR? Ok they can offer connections within china but the ME3 have a lot of power and could potentially price anyone out the market.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines!

rutankrd

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Danfearn,

Given the Chinese carriers are little more than regional divisions of the CAAC (Government agency - In reality they don't compete against each other) and they don't have to worry to much from commercial operations.

From those whippers Hainan are the obvious choice given they appear to be the preferred carrier tasked with the development secondary and non alliance hub routes from Beijing and its certain NO UK airline are ever likely to serve the route anytime over the next millennium
(Re-runs of charters to Sanya excepted when economy strengthens enough)

Much of the reticence and delays in expanding the UK-China travel market is because of current UK entry VISA study and financial restrictions imposed on Chinese citizens.

These result in large numbers going elsewhere France Germany and Italy where they don't have such restrictions.

[Edited 2013-10-13 09:40:58]

[Edited 2013-10-13 09:42:29]

Luftymatt

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Quoting Danfearn77 (Reply 56):
the ME3 have a lot of power and could potentially price anyone out the market.

Yet they don't with SQ, TK or PK.
chase the sun

Danfearn77

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 pm

The ME3 were just the obvious choice and the list was by no means exhaustive. But they are the power horses of MAN longhaul going east, no question about that. But We could go as far as saying KL, AF, LH etc could make any attempt of a direct China route difficult.

Quoting rutankrd (Reply 57):

Thanks for an informative post.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines!

David_itl
Topic Author

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Visa rules for Chinese visitors to be relaxed.

That should be a welcome boost for all concerned! Chipping away at all the obstacles for this "wanted" Chinese route is a long-drawn out process.

col

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Now get shut of the Don't Visit Britain APD Charge, then you may get somewhere.

sk736

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Quoting col (Reply 61):
Now get shut of the Don't Visit Britain APD Charge, then you may get somewhere.

What a ridiculous statement. According to the Civil Aviation Authority, in 2012 there were over 114 million terminal passengers through UK airports. If we assume that half of them were departing passengers, that's 57 million people paying APD. At those levels it can hardly be described as a "don't visit Britain" charge.

boysteve

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Quoting sk736 (Reply 62):
What a ridiculous statement. According to the Civil Aviation Authority, in 2012 there were over 114 million terminal passengers through UK airports. If we assume that half of them were departing passengers, that's 57 million people paying APD. At those levels it can hardly be described as a "don't visit Britain" charge.

Well that depends on how many visited before APD was last ramped up. MAN was busier in 2007/8 than it is now. This is mainly the economic situation but a small part will be APD I am sure!

BlueShamu330s

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 am

Quoting sk736 (Reply 62):

It really isn't ridiculous at all.

APD has stifled any hope of growth, short term, to North America. The United CEO said so himself that UK APD was excluding the UK from United's future growth strategy to Europe.

British Airways has seen a net drop in UK originating premium class travel. Instead, savvy UK travellers are buying cheap economy tickets to the likes of AMS, BRU, CDG, LUX and FRA, to commence their premium class travel outside of the UK and avoid APD. However, just as these passengers can back track to LHR, those same passengers can choose instead to fly with any other carrier once they are arrive at a European hub. APD is therefore bad for British Airways also.

I don't have the stats. sheet to hand, but I have seen a tabulation of comparative growth against major European airports. There is an overall increase in passenger totals. However, one would expect nothing less after the near-meltdown of European economies. Of note though was that the rate of growth of LHR and LGW out of this recession was less than other European airports which, bearing in mind LHR has always been one of the main barometers of aviation trends, suggests that APD is having a significant effect on UK passenger totals, even at airports some might have thought were immune.

Emirates are also on record as having not selected MAN for its 5th freedom flight from Europe to NYC because of APD. Instead, MXP was chosen for the route, and who can blame them. They continue to object to it, most recently in July:

Quote:

The senior UK-based executive of Dubai’s Emirates Airline has hit out at the British government’s tax on air travel, claiming it is anti-competitive and hindering the recovery of the British economy, Arabian Business has reported.

Emirates’ UK vice-president Laurie Berryman said Air Passenger Duty (APD) was essentially “a tax on business” and was a major challenge for growth at a time when companies were still feeling the impact of the global downturn.

“If the government is trying to encourage us to come out of the recession with SMEs (small and medium sized enterprises) exporting more... why would you tax them flying off to Indonesia and Vietnam? They are paying a big chunk of tax every time they visit those markets,” Berryman reportedly said.

APD currently costs £52 ($79) for short-haul flights and up to £376 ($575) for long-haul journeys, and while it has an obvious impact on the growth of the travel market, or the UK economy as a whole as Berryman claimed, analysts said it is unlikely to be scrapped any time soon

“APD is a hefty hit to ticket prices for customers flying out of the UK. What's worse is that it is unlikely ever to be scrapped since is a pretty cool way for the government to raise near endless revenue as they know that leisure, tourist and business travellers simply have to fly to go overseas and people will end up paying it,” said Saj Ahmad, chief analyst at StrategicAero Research. "Laurie Berryman is right about APD - while the government can rub its hands at the sight of its coffers expanding via APD revenue, on the flipside, it is punishing those who want to export or create trade links with emerging and resurgent economic regions outside of the EU. There isn't the incentive to do so - all you're doing is paying tax to fly, which is probably more than double the cost of the actual ticket in some cases - how can that be economically sensible in austere times like these that the UK is trying to get out of?”
http://arabianindustry.com/aviation/...n-air-travel-4395638/#.Ulz5IRaxL1s

Former Singapore Airlines chief executive Chew Choong Seng claimed UK APD was "a deliberate measures to limit air transportation" and cited it as "a cynical and blatant form of taxation".

There is empirical evidence that cost-conscious US tourist passengers are routing more now through CDG, AMS and BRU for their European vacations rather than through the UK. The UK tourist board put out a statement to this effect, which I will endeavour to dig out and post.

Quoting col (Reply 61):
Now get shut of the Don't Visit Britain APD Charge

It's a worthy cause, but now that APD is an established and proven revenue stream for the Exchequer, the chances of it being scrapped are second to none.

Rgds
Flying around India

LN-KGL

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:08 am

Blueshamu330s, I suggest you take closer look at the newly released UK CAA Survey for 2012, and you find a slightly different picture. For MAN there has been a clear reduction in the share UK citizens on business travel in 2012 and at the same time foreign business travellers increased considerably. Looking at the leisure segment there was clear decline among UK citizens and again the foreigners increased. MAN is very different to LHR in many ways, but the single most diffrent is that almost every passenger pays APD on their departure from the airport - not like at LHR with its large share of transfer passenger that only use LHR as a via between two international destinations that don't pay any APD.

BlueShamu330s

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 am

...which was my point; that many UK "originating" passengers are hopping over to the continent on a Y class ticket, to commence their main journey in a premium cabin, often routing back through the UK and thus avoiding the premium rate of APD.
Flying around India

MANYUL

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 am

Quoting Blueshamu330s (Reply 66):
...which was my point; that many UK "originating" passengers are hopping over to the continent on a Y class ticket, to commence their main journey in a premium cabin, often routing back through the UK and thus avoiding the premium rate of APD.

APD isn't the only factor, although a pretty big one. Base fares can be extortionate too. Tomorrow I'm heading to DUB on the train and boat, spending a night in a hotel at DUB before flying DUB-LHR-YUL-YUY. Not to save a few quid but because the same flight LHR-YUL-YUY and MAN-LHR-YUL-YUY were over £400 dearer after hotel and train costs.

BlueShamu330s

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:22 pm

More on APD today:

Quote:
Millions avoid long-haul APD by taking short hops…

15 October 2013

The Government is losing an estimated £200m each year as passengers use European hub airports to avoid the full cost of the UK’s Air Passenger Duty.

A poll of 359 people, carried out by A Fair Tax on Flying – a campaign group for the reform of APD – found that 3.6% of flyers say they chose to transit via airports in nearby European countries, to avoid the higher levy when taking longer-haul flights.

The campaigners say that nearly 98m people departed from a UK airport in 2012/2013, so that if 3.6% chose to avoid the UK – as the poll findings suggest – this equates to more than 3.5m people.

A conservative estimate shows the Government could therefore have missed out on almost £190m in lost APD revenue but as many passengers use this method to avoid long-haul flights to the most expensive bands, the loss is probably much greater.

Darren Caplan, chief executive of the Airport Operators Association, said: ‘The increase in people flying routes specifically designed to avoid paying shockingly high APD rates in the UK is a real problem.

‘It is not just inconvenient for passengers but it also reduces APD receipts for the Treasury.

‘Additionally, UK airports and airlines lose out to European rivals, making the country less competitive and also less well connected.
http://www.e-tid.com/millions-avoid-...ul-apd-by-taking-short-hops/87883/

and

Quote:

More than 250 top British CEOs, managing directors and board members have signed a new petition warning the Chancellor of the burden of Air Passenger Duty on UK plc.

The bosses say the tax is a ‘significant additional burden’ on British businesses and call upon the Government to take urgent action to ‘reduce the world’s highest air passenger tax’.

The chief executives include Colin Matthews, Heathrow; Craig Kreeger, Virgin Atlantic; Keith Williams, British Airways; Robert Sinclair, Bristol Airport; Liz Cameron, Scottish Chambers of Commerce; and Charlie Cornish, Manchester Airports Group.

Managing directors who have signed the petition include Joel Brandon-Bravo, UK MD of Travelzoo and Mervyn Williamson, Statesman Travel Group.
http://www.e-tid.com/as-uk-bosses-tell-the-chancellor-to-act/87880/

Rgds
Flying around India

LN-KGL

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Quoting Blueshamu330s (Reply 66):

Maybe you didn't see that UK CAA in their surveys use purpose of a trip, not flying with a certain class. That's why I don't use upper case first letter in business. Certainly, a number of people are risking missing their long distance flight because they have bought separate tickets to avoid having to pay for band B, C and D destinations. How many more hours do one need to be earlier than with a transfer ticket? 2 hours, 3 hours or maybe more? This has to be done both ways to get the most favorable prices. To sum this up, one may be off work for up to six or more hours to avoid paying thr three top bands, but since time is money - are your work per hour more worth than?
Band B = (£134 - £13) / 6 hours = £20.17 / h
Band C = (£166 - £13) / 6 hours = £25.50 / h
Band D = (£188 - £13) / 6 hours = £29.17 / h
If yes on these, you are creating extra stress for yourself - and your employer have to pay extra to do that to you.

[Edited 2013-10-15 07:16:23]

David_itl
Topic Author

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Obituary for Sir Gil Thompson

31 years in the airline business and a further 12 running MAN. Utilising the knowledge garnered in the former to transform the latter. I wonder if he will have any future development after him? I recollect that a business suite was named after Gordon Sweetapple. Perhaps something similar, or there if something more suitable would be worthy.

BlueShamu330s

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Quoting LN-KGL (Reply 69):
are your work per hour more worth than?

I think you underestimate the number of "business" travellers who will intentionally build a separate cheap European leg into an itinerary; if company is paying, it saves them some cash, the traveller doesn't object to the extra travel in their own time, because they more often than not get more frequent flyer miles by originating their premium travel in the EU.

I know many who do exactly that in their relentless pursuit of saving money whilst boosting their FF status; one I know as an example, a cosmetic surgeon, flies MAN - LAX atleast twice a month, but instead of the quickest route, he always, without fail, books a cheap KLM ticket MAN-AMS and then routes AMS-LHR-LAX with BA. It saves him apporx. £600 on his ticket, his time to AMS is classed as part of his travel day anyway, plus he gets extra tier points for his extra BA sectors; all for 4 hours of his time which, as I've said, is a travel day anyway.

Rgds
Flying around India

LN-KGL

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:29 pm

I thought I was the awkward one, flying in to AMS just to get to a new airport in the UK (last one was three weeks ago to fly with Darwin in to Cambridge).

David_itl
Topic Author

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:50 pm

US746/747 starts 23rd May daily to Charlotte using 757s arrives 0930 departs 1425

[Edited 2013-10-19 10:54:18]

BlueShamu330s

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Ooooooooh, that came in under the radar.

Excellent news. I wonder if this would have seen the light of day had the AA/US merger gone ahead as scheduled... Meanwhile, business as usual...

Rgds
Flying around India

oly720man

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Quoting david_itl (Reply 73):

Rather late departure, it'll land around 5pm in the afternoon local time.

What's the market? Are there any businesses at either end supporting this or is it for the hub at CLT? Or feeding Orlando?

It'll also be one of the longest flights with a B757. EWR-TXL is about 100 miles longer.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

Cipango

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Quoting david_itl (Reply 73):
US746/747 starts 23rd May daily to Charlotte using 757s arrives 0930 departs 1425

Finally! This route has been rumoured for years!

A little surprised at the long turnaround time though. This might limit a few connection opportunities from CLT and flying on to the West-Coast would have a late arrival time for example.

Either way great news.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

gkirk

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Just back from TFS last night ...1 hour 10 mins from landing to getting bags at an empty T2...
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

RyanairGuru

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:49 pm

The times for the new CLT flight are:

US746 CLT-MAN 20:35-09:39
US747 MAN-CLT 14:25-18:20

PHL looks like it is remaining 332 next summer, which is good

I've had a look at the schedules to see what sort of connections work, and from the looks of things this flight is definitely aimed at the South/Florida, although there are some connections to SFO etc available as well. This isn't an exhaustive list, but taking August 5 as I test date I got:

US886 CLT-MCO 20:07-21:37
US1871 CLT-TPA 20:04-21:39
US2087 CLT-FLL 20:20-22:15
US4523 CLT-DAB 20:03-21:26
US1921 CLT-JAX 20:07-21:21
US643 CLT-LAS 20:15-21:45
US463 CLT-SFO 20:15-22:35
US487 CLT-DFW 20:05-21:39
US1857 CLT-IAH 20:10-21:41
US2873 CLT-AUS 20:54-22:28
US4503 CLT-XNA 20:41-21:46
US2797 CLT-SDF 20:35-21:56
US2779 CLT-MYR 20:33-21:22
US4189 CLT-HHH 20:37-21:48
US3857 CLT-CAE 20:25-21:08
US827 CLT-RDU 20:00-20:52
US2870 CLT-GSO 20:25-21:09
US3752 CLT-AVL 21:20-21:57
US4260 CLT-EWN 20:30-21:35
US2737 CLT-ILM 20:20-21:13
US1822 CLT-RIC 20:10-21:15
Worked Hard, Flew Right

David_itl
Topic Author

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Analysis of MAN, and how it's future challenges that stretches out over 2 articles.

Article 1 does include this "There has never been a direct air service connecting MAN with the West Coast of the US." which is obviously wrong as there's been links to LAX via GK Skytrain, KT's charter and BA's 17 months of 5 weekly operation between 1993 and 1994.

Article 2 includes this:
"British Airways is clearly not going to help, at least under the present management. Over the course of the last two decades, what was a fit-for-purpose BA Regional operation at both Manchester and Birmingham airports was whittled down and replaced (in the case of Manchester) by a half-hearted low-cost subsidiary, BA Connect".

MAN has got to the only airport that generates 20 million passengers a year with no based airline, instead having a number of LCCs and European legacy airlines that (for the most part!) seem to co-exist. You do have to wonder if there was a based airline what the outcome would have been.

More intriguingly, we are in the midst of a mini-resurgence of long-haul with the pseudo-scheduled offerings from Thomas Cook to the "bucket and spade" destination stating this winter that will see thier long-haul flights being co-ordinated with BE, SV confirmation news in a Sheffield newspaper, the new US + Rouge flights and prospects for a China service slightly more enhanced, after a number of years seeing most development in this sector being down to QR, EK and EY. Is this down to more disposable income for the population up here generating demand or the introduction of "fuel efficient" aircraft making known potential markets more viable? As none of these services are on the new generation aircraft, you can assume that it's the former.

[Edited 2013-10-20 08:45:44]

gilesdavies

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Quoting cipango (Reply 76):
A little surprised at the long turnaround time though. This might limit a few connection opportunities from CLT and flying on to the West-Coast would have a late arrival time for example.

This is very typical of US Airways scheduling...

Typically where the airline flies to Charlotte and Philly from a European airport they try to seperate the departure times of both flights by a couple of hours.

As you can connect to virtually all the same major destinations from both US Hubs, the airline seperates the departure times, by a couple of hours to give the European traveller a choice of times...

But I do agree this a late time to depart, and would have though they might have moved the Philly departure to around 11am and then the Charlotte departure to around 1pm.

David_itl
Topic Author

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:57 pm

This what the MAN timetable is throwing up for Condor for next year.

06:40 xx:xx DE1710 05/05/14 - 13/10/14 Palma
xx:xx 09:35 DE1711 05/05/14 - 13/10/14 Palma

06:40 xx:xx DE2710 06/05/14 - 14/10/14 Palma
xx:xx 09:35 DE2711 06/05/14 - 14/10/14 Palma

06:40 xx:xx DE3710 21/05/14 - 01/10/14 Palma
xx:xx 12:50 DE3711 21/05/14 - 01/10/14 Palma
13:50 xx:xx DE3482 07/05/14 - 15/10/14 Fuerteventura
xx:xx 23:25 DE3483 07/05/14 - 15/10/14 Fuerteventura

06:40 xx:xx DE4710 01/05/14 - 16/10/14 Palma
xx:xx 09:35 DE4711 01/05/14 - 16/10/14 Palma

06:40 xx:xx DE5710 02/05/14 - 17/10/14 Palma
xx:xx 22:00 DE5711 02/05/14 - 17/10/14 Palma

04:25 xx:xx DE6532 03/05/14 - 11/10/14 Ibiza
xx:xx 10:45 DE6533 03/05/14 - 11/10/14 Ibiza
15:15 xx:xx DE6482 03/05/14 - 11/10/14 Fuerteventura
xx:xx 00:50 DE6483 03/05/14 - 11/10/14 Fuerteventura

05:30 xx:xx DE7668 04/05/14 - 28/09/14 Zakynthos
xx:xx 14:00 DE7669 04/05/14 - 28/09/14 Zakynthos
15:00 xx:xx DE7724 04/05/14 - 28/09/14 Kos
xx:xx 00:30 DE7725 04/05/14 - 28/09/14 Kos

Monday's flights are at the top with Sundays at the bottom.
Column 1 = depart MAN
Column 2 = arrive MAN
Column 3 = flight number
Column 4 = dates of operation
Column 5 = route

Seems there's an aircraft swap on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

817Dreamliiner

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Anyone knows why there was a LH A330-300 at MAN on the 15th?:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Stewart Andrew

Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

rutankrd

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 82):
Anyone knows why there was a LH A330-300 at MAN on the 15th?:

In for a spit and polish (Repainting)

Others due over the coming months.

817Dreamliiner

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Quoting rutankrd (Reply 83):
In for a spit and polish (Repainting)

Others due over the coming months.

Thanks for the info.
Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

David_itl
Topic Author

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 pm

4 aircraft diverted into MAN due to the high winds - from boring to most interesting, they were:

G-LCYF operating CJ8450 AMS-LCY
C-GHLM operating AC856 YYZ-LHR
9V-SKN operating SQ322 SIN-LHR
HS-TGF operating TG910 BKK-LHR

How often can you say an 1st time visiting A380 that's not EK is not the most interesting aircraft? Not very! Except this is the 1st visit of TG to MAN since 13th November 1989 and I fear this will satisfy them in having operated a BKK-MAN service after more than 20 years of rumours which could well mean that MAN will no longer feature in the "prospective" list of destinations for them to serve...

Liverpoola380

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:20 am

Do you think we will see Qatar move from T2 across to T3 now they have joined OneWorld, I think the BA lounge is far superior to the lounges available in T2

Mattuk

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:42 am

BMI Regional have announced the closure of their base at MAN and the axing of its routes to EDI & ANR.

The announcement also sees the closure of bases at EDI & BHX, plus the axing of EDI-CPH, EDI-BRU, BHX-BLL.

Cipango

Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Quoting Mattuk (Reply 87):
BMI Regional have announced the closure of their base at MAN

I read in another thread that they have 18 aircraft and 8 bases. This is ludicrous and I found hard to believe they had lasted so long under this business plan.

Where will their main hubs be now?
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

David_itl
Topic Author

Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:15 pm

NCL, BRS and ABZ. They are also doing some Norwegian domestic flying as well I believe.

behramjee

Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:58 pm

so whats the update with SV starting new MAN flights ?

If it does launch, I feel the earliest would be FEB 2014 as thats when Umrah season restarts.

rutankrd

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Quoting behramjee (Reply 90):

so whats the update with SV starting new MAN flights ?

If it does launch, I feel the earliest would be FEB 2014 as thats when Umrah season restarts.

An official statement/confirmation of resumption is still awaited.

All we have currently are a string of press interviews/reports pointing their intentions along with some preliminary slot holdings for a three weekly service with a 77L (Thats their code for three class model HZ-AKA - HZ-AKK excluding AKF which is for charters only) and re commencing in April 2014 to Jeddah.

lisbonbearuk

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:42 pm

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on EZY future expansion from MAN. Have they reached their limit?

sk736

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Quoting rutankrd (Reply 91):
All we have currently are a string of press interviews/reports pointing their intentions along with some preliminary slot holdings for a three weekly service with a 77L (Thats their code for three class model HZ-AKA - HZ-AKK excluding AKF which is for charters only) and re commencing in April 2014 to Jeddah.

Is it likely to be non-stop or via GVA as in the past?

David_itl
Topic Author

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Quoting lisbonbearuk (Reply 92):
It seems to have gone a bit quiet on EZY future expansion from MAN. Have they reached their limit?

Buying all the slots at LGW from BE as put any expansion for MAN on hold. I've not looked into the new routes other British airports have had but i'd imagine it down to them fine tuning operations there. There's plenty of room for U2 to expand routes at MAN but think we're getting slightly ahead of ourselves to expect a new aircraft to be based each ywrs when they've signed 3 or 4 long-term agreements with various airports.

In other news, passenger numbers up in October by just under 7%. it's definitely been a bounce-back year and all the more impressive when you factor in the loss of the LGW link

GT4EZY

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:49 pm

2013 so far...

2 extra based aircraft and new routes
DME
VCE
JTR
JMK
PRG
KEF
LYS
SKG

Hardly quiet.

Recruitment for cabin crew has recently been open for next year but who knows. As is the case these days, however, there is tough competition between bases to secure based aircraft in a period where deliveries aren't as thick and fast as they once were.
Proud to fly from Manchester!

Mattuk

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:27 pm

A new route from MAN-TAB has been announced. The flight is to be operated by TCX and probably links in with their new MAN hub with regional connections flown on its behalf by BE.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articl...anchester-to-tobago-announced.html

Mattuk

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:48 pm

And just as you say that another new route is launched. MAN-CTA will operate twice weekly.

http://www.e-tid.com/easyjet-boosts-catania-flights/89229/

oly720man

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Etihad going to a 77W on one of their daily flights for December.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/abu-d...ty-by-28--524842.html#.Unv0j_m-2So
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articl...ester-capacity-over-christmas.html

EY haven't updated their site yet to say which of EY15 or EY21 will get the upgrade.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

MAN2SIN2BKK

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:15 am

Quoting oly720man (Reply 98):
Etihad going to a 77W on one of their daily flights for December.

Flew with EY on 77Ws in economy BKK-AUH-FRA return last month............. the seat width and pitch really hurt!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos