Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

yellowtail

RE: GreenHeart Soars..Jamaican Thread 47

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:25 am

Quoting airjamaica (Reply 198):
I recall back in the day AA 1504 used to depart KIN at 9:00 am for MIA as well after a RON. However they have since rescheduled this flight to depart much earlier now, and it has been like that for many years. Smart move I think as business people in particular would much prefer an early departure from Kingston to make the most out of the day. Same for those travellers going on short shopping trips etc. I also recall when JM was around, 021 was always scheduled to leave KIN by 7:00 am ( m

The RON AA aircraft actually switch crews now….the crew that bring in the last flight don't take out the first flight. Having multiple daily flights helps this ….it is actually flight number 3's crew that takes the 7am out the next day….and the last flights crew that takes flight number 3 out the following day.

Quoting airjamaica (Reply 198):
Agree about the cost effectiveness of using the same crew on the return journey after the RON and legal rest requirements which have to be adhared to. However, the flight could have been scheduled to depart ATL a little earlier, do the same 13 hours RON, and depart KIN for ATL earlier in the morning. This would probably also mean an adjustment on another sector as well, as the flight may be originating from another city, through ATL and then onto KIN. None the less I hope this service will '' stick around '' this time.

DL is trying to make sure they get the upstream YYZ traffic etc.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

GUYAIR707

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Quoting hummingbird (Reply 199):
Travelspan/Vision Air is now recruiting local GEO based FAs to crew an additional B767 that will be based in GEO..Travelspan is also looking to expand to regional routes from GEO..

Yeah seeing is believing. I still am skeptical about Travelspan. BW has the base to compete, but are they willing or decide it is really worth it? It seems Travelspan wants to be partially GEO based.

GUYAIR707

guyanam

Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 201):

GEO is BWs to lose. If they respect the market they will keep it, due to the long years of service. If they don't some will look elsewhere.

hummingbird
Topic Author

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Thomson Airways B788 Dreamliner, suffer a triple hydraulic failure on it's arrival in MBJ from EGKK yesterday..The aircraft is still in MBJ..

A Boeing 787 Dreamliner experienced a triple hydraulic failure this evening at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Smoke was visibly coming from the aircraft during taxi. The circumstances that led to the failure are unknown. There were no reports of innjuries.

http://www.og.nr/rbt/21417-smoke-seen-on-787-dreamliner-in-mobay.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canjet Airlines will increase scheduled flying into MBJ eff Mar1,2014...Routes are as followed:

MBJ-YUL-MBJ..FRI, SAT AND SUN

YQB-MBJ-YQB.. SAT

YOW-MBJ-YOW..FRI

YHZ-MBJ-YHZ..SAT

YHM-MBJ-YHM..SUN

YYZ-MBJ-YYZ..MON,WED,THUR AND FRI..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With news of Air Canada Rouge opening a base in YYC and YVR..I expect to see both cities with services to MBJ next winter..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BW's has been given approval to operate 9 weekly KIN-MBJ-KIN flights eff Feb 6,2014...BTW, when BW acquired JM, they were not allowed to sell cross island tickets..I believe, they were finally approved in 201/2012..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Air will operate tour inclusive charters from the following cities into MBJ:

BNA-MBJ-BNA..May 15-Aug 11..Mon and Thur.

MSY-MBJ-MSY.. May 17-Aug 11..Fri and Sat.

CVG-MBJ-CVG..May 18-Aug 11.. Sat and Sun.

ATL-MBJ-ATL..May 17-Aug 11..Sun and Mon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah seeing is believing. I still am skeptical about Travelspan. BW has the base to compete, but are they willing or decide it is really worth it? It seems Travelspan wants to be partially GEO based.
Quoting guyanam (Reply 202):
GEO is BWs to lose. If they respect the market they will keep it, due to the long years of service. If they don't some will look elsewhere.

I heard Travelspan will increase JFK-GEO to 4 weekly..Fares to GEO will be dirt cheap this summer, compared to last year..
The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

guyanam

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Quoting hummingbird (Reply 203):

Not surprised that Travelspan has expansion plans. Which is why I mentioned on the other thread that BW has to be careful about the GEO market, if they do decide to send back the 767s. Not convinced that a fully loaded (with bags) 738 can do JFK GEO nonstop under all conditions, without sometimes leaving bags behind. Travelspan is the wholesaler for a major chunk of this market, so have an ability to divert business away from the competition..

BW has this bad habit of taking that market for granted, because of its near monopoly position,, and then is forced to fight fires when problems develop, and receive bad publicity. 2014 will be a much harder year for them than 2013 was. More competition, lower yields and no fuel subsidy.

If JFK GEO gets too many seats that wil hurt OJ, as TS has the travel wholesaler business which will feed their flights. BW will keep most of the market simply because people are accustomed to them. That is unless they mess up and drop the nonstops, or leave bags behind on a routine basis. Whatever BW does decide to do it should be to ensure that GEO bound passengers receive the level of service that they will expect from a premium carrier, because BW isn't cheap.

airjamaica

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Travelspan/Vision Air is now recruiting local GEO based FAs to crew an additional B767 that will be based in GEO..Travelspan is also looking to expand to regional routes from GEO..
It seems Travelspan wants to be partially GEO based.
I heard Travelspan will increase JFK-GEO to 4 weekly..Fares to GEO will be dirt cheap this summer, compared to last year..
Quoting guyanam (Reply 204):
If JFK GEO gets too many seats that wil hurt OJ,

A blood bath seem to be on the horizon where the GEO-JFK sector is concerned. Will be interesting to see how it all play out. Too many seats on that route definately doesn't bode well for OJ indeed as it pertains to yields.

An increase in frequency will increase their market-share..But, I guess that depends on aircraft #2..

OJ has been very silent on the second aircraft acquisition subject of late. Hopefully it will materialize sooner than later. Especially if they intend to increase frequency on existing routes, or start FLL.

Thomson Airways B788 Dreamliner, suffer a triple hydraulic failure on it's arrival in MBJ from EGKK yesterday..The aircraft is still in MBJ..

Good that the aircraft landed safely and all passengers are OK. Though these problems are not unique to any particular aircraft type, the B788 Dreamliner will again be under the spotlight I suppose.

Canjet Airlines will increase scheduled flying into MBJ eff Mar1,2014...Routes are as followed:

Not a bad beef up of service from Canada by C6 into MBJ. Hopefully the trend will continue if demand requires it.

With news of Air Canada Rouge opening a base in YYC and YVR..I expect to see both cities with services to MBJ next winter..

More than likely.

Miami Air will operate tour inclusive charters from the following cities into MBJ:

On behalf of which tour company will LL be operating these flights for ? Impressive line up. Good to see service from MSY and CVG into MBJ. ATL is a bit of a surprise to me though as both DL and FL/SW are entrenched on it. But additional service is always welcome.

I'm wondering, did AA ever operate seasonal BNA-MBJ service when they had a hub there ?
airjamaica

A388

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Quoting airjamaica (Reply 205):
Not a bad beef up of service from Canada by C6 into MBJ. Hopefully the trend will continue if demand requires it.

I keep being imrpessed by all the flights to/from MBJ, that is just fantastic to see. I think MBJ is one of the largest and most important tourist destinations in the Caribbean along the same line as PUJ, CUN (and AUA to a lesser extend). Just great.

I really wish to go spotting in MBJ some day on the weekends during peak holiday season so I get most of the traffic on camera 

A388

yankeejuliet

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Quoting airjamaica (Reply 205):
OJ has been very silent on the second aircraft acquisition subject of late. Hopefully it will materialize sooner than later. Especially if they intend to increase frequency on existing routes, or start FLL.

Close to 300 seater is being considered to facilitate combined loads to JFK via KIN. Could this be an A330-300? Connections from North America and elsewhere has enhanced load factors on KIN - GEO route

A388

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Quoting yankeejuliet (Reply 207):
Close to 300 seater is being considered to facilitate combined loads to JFK via KIN. Could this be an A330-300?

The 767-300 was mentioned a while ago by one of the members here.

A388

yellowtail

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Quoting hummingbird (Reply 192):
OJ now has a huge sale to YYZ..

a recipe for huge profits.

Quoting A388 (Reply 208):

OJ need to stick to the 752 and work on yields. It is OK to have rejected bookings….than means you can start to charge more for the seats.

YOu don't get a plane for one route. that is a recipe for disaster….right CAL [email protected] LGW and SQ 345 EWR/LAX?
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

airjamaica

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:19 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 206):
I keep being imrpessed by all the flights to/from MBJ, that is just fantastic to see. I think MBJ is one of the largest and most important tourist destinations in the Caribbean along the same line as PUJ, CUN (and AUA to a lesser extend). Just great.

The Dominican Republic and Cancun in Mexico have higher visitor arrivals than Jamaica, but the island is indeed one of the largest and most important tourist destinations in the Caribbean no doubt. I think MBJ holds the title as the busiest international airport in the English speaking Caribbean, and about 4th or 5th overall in the region, behind CUN, SJU and PUJ if I am not mistaken. The airline connection there is very impressive, especially during the peak winter season.

Quoting A388 (Reply 206):
I really wish to go spotting in MBJ some day on the weekends during peak holiday season so I get most of the traffic on camera

Hopefully you will get the chance to do that in the near future. Looking forward to view the photos.

Quoting yankeejuliet (Reply 207):
Close to 300 seater is being considered to facilitate combined loads to JFK via KIN. Could this be an A330-300?
Quoting A388 (Reply 208):

Last time I heard that they were eyeing the B763. So is it that they are also looking at an Airbus fleet instead of Boeing ?
airjamaica

guyanam

Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Quoting airjamaica (Reply 210):

why will a tiny airline have different types of planes?

airjamaica

Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:52 am

Quoting guyanam (Reply 211):
why will a tiny airline have different types of planes?

When they initially mentioned adding aircraft to the fleet I read where the plan was to acquire another B752. However subsequent to that report I also heard that the B763 was being considered. Not certain if it was just rumours/speculations, but myself would have expected them to target the B752 for aircraft # 2. We will have to wait and see.
airjamaica

hummingbird
Topic Author

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:08 pm

New thread up..

Palisadoes Rd...Jamaican Thread 48 (by hummingbird Jan 27 2014 in Civil Aviation)
The sky is the limit, but never stop grasping until you get the glory cloud..

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos