Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

iowaman
Topic Author

IFP Continuing To Pursue Scheduled Service

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:21 am

IFP (Bullhead City, AZ/Laughin, NV) has until December 31st to use a $500,000 SCASD grant. I'm sure it's tough to get any scheduled service airline willing to fly to a low yield market with a limited passenger base.

Quote:
Earlier this year, airport officials thought they were on the verge of inking a deal with Frontier Airlines for flights to its Denver hub, but that evaporated in late July when the airline went up for sale. The immediate prospects do not look encouraging.

“We are continuing to turn over all the rocks we can and contact as many airlines as possible through our consultant to garner some interest,” said airport Director David Gaines. “We are talking to a carrier and hopefully we will have something by the end of the year.”

Charter flights have also stalled, with the 225,000 passengers passing in and out of the airport last year marking an 8.5 percent decline from the 2008 peak.

Full article available here: http://www.reviewjournal.com/busines...-pursue-resumption-regular-flights

Any guesses on what carrier they are in talks with?

[Edited 2013-09-20 18:27:17]

LV

RE: IFP Continuing To Pursue Scheduled Service

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:28 am

Quoting iowaman (Thread starter):
Any guesses on what carrier they are in talks with?

My guesses are either G4 or the king of grant chasing, F9.

srbmod

Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:20 am

Quoting LV (Reply 1):
My guesses are either G4 or the king of grant chasing, F9.

I don't see G4 launching scheduled service to IFP. LAS is their bread and butter station and they'd probably prefer flying folks into LAS and selling them shuttle bus service to Laughlin. G4 did serve it back when they had the Caesars Entertainment charter contract.

I'd go with NK or F9 before G4. I think that someone like SkyWest operating under the Delta Connection or United Express banner would be more likely.

sunking737

Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Don't rule out SY. They have been flying out of IFP since 2002. They may be doing charters, but they are growing. They have several new planes coming in the next few months. These are not the HV winter jets. They are SY branded a/c.
"Don't believe it unless its parked on the ramp, or printed in the schedule...SUBJECT TO CHANGE"
Retired MSP Ramper

CGKings317

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:34 am

Quoting srbmod (Reply 2):
I don't see G4 launching scheduled service to IFP. LAS is their bread and butter station and they'd probably prefer flying folks into LAS and selling them shuttle bus service to Laughlin. G4 did serve it back when they had the Caesars Entertainment charter contract.

I agree. According to Google Earth's directions function, it takes only 90 minutes to travel between the airports of LAS and IFP. Certainly a do-able drive in terms of time for those who want to spend one or two nights as part of a larger vacation to the region. If IFP gets commercial air service, it would likely be on a different carrier as part of a broader vacation package targeted to those who want to stay in and around IFP without making LAS a part of their vacay. Even then, the situation with air travel to IFP appears dicey

I do recall SY serving PDX-IFP in the past as part of a public charter, as a separate matter.

~CGKings317  
I love ✈ & volcanoes but the 2 of them dont get along, just ask KLM867 & PH-BFC

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos