BestWestern

RE: Irish 12/13: High On Jet Fuel ...

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Some very interesting comments from Cristoph Muller at the UK aviation club. This should breath some life into this thread for a while.

https://twitter.com/PEdmondAero - All comments below are from the above source

Patrick is Director of Group Strategy for Shannon Airport, & Managing Director of the International Aviation Services Centre there.

85% of EI tickets overall, and 90% of connecting tickets, are sold online.

We are a hub carrier. Irish efforts to conquer the world over centuries have resulted in an Irish diaspora of 70m, our home market.

Müller: what went wrong with previous incarnation of @aerlingus? We had adopted a me-too strategy.

Müller: to be honest, we never became a low-cost carrier. Our employees remained friendly despite efforts to demotivate them.

Müller: the Irish passenger market is 70% of what it was at the peak. We celebrate every percentage point that comes back.

Müller: we saw Ryanair's success was based on a one-off cheap aircraft deal, & on state aids which would ultimately be challenged.

Müller: 50% of pax at Zurich are time-sensitive. 15% of @aerlingus pax are time-sensitive. We have to serve very diverse markets.

Müller: we now have wifi on long-haul aircraft, free for C class, and will introduce lie-flat seats in 2015.

Müller: we have to break the view that ancillary revenues as "hidden charges" - should be food/relaxation/less stress. We sell components.

Müller: that's what a value carrier is. We sell components [of the journey] to be assembled by our customers.

Müller: challenges ahead: costs can never be too low. My biggest enemy is now complacency. Now looking at very revolutionary IT solutions.

Müller: customers want to have the choice between Volkswagen, Audi and Seat... and we don't want to be Seat!

Müller: the third runway of @HeathrowAirport does exist ...and it's in Dublin!

Müller: home market growth too sluggish, so we had to invent new products, eg Little Red and Novair.

Müller: Washington-Madrid was very profitable for us, but it had labour issues.

Müller: our partners all belong to different alliances. Is it a problem? No.

Müller: the high time of the alliances is over, & will be replaced with JVs. We have decided not to join an alliance, & are happy with this.

Müller: European markets have matured. Despite 20-30% discounting by LCCs, market is not responding with volume growth.

Müller: if you have visited your mother in law 3 times in the last quarter, even a low fare will not induce you to visit her again!

Müller: diversification of LCCs into prime airports is because they can no longer place 159 new aircraft in secondary-secondary markets.

Müller: I'm concerned re training, but for me the light at the end of the tunnel is the new back-to-basics A350 pilot training regime.

Müller: we've augmented our booking system with software from @datalex to create a "super-PNR" & allow us add other elements to the booking.

Müller: we have 9 firm A350 orders, but aircraft is a bit overspecced for us. We were tempted to retain A330HGW instead, but: 1/2

Müller: since A350-900 REGIONAL became available, these fit us - we felt much more comfortable, so we will take 9 of these and go all-A350.

and my fav..

Müller: in a few months time we will celebrate 100 years of commercial aviation, 100 years of destroying value!  

[Edited 2013-12-04 07:39:33]

[Edited 2013-12-04 07:42:29]
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

BestWestern

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Theres another interesting comment from Muller further down the twitter page...

Müller: we basically have only 2 uncompeted routes from DUB: Amsterdam & Orlando, & Orlando doesn't contribute to our success.

https://twitter.com/PEdmondAero

OA260

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 150):

Nothing really earth shattering there . Very true about the Alliance comment though. Certainly for EI it pays to link with everyone.

shamrock350

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Müller is becoming known for his own one liners these days!

Müller: we have 9 firm A350 orders, but aircraft is a bit overspecced for us. We were tempted to retain A330HGW instead, but: 1/2

Müller: since A350-900 REGIONAL became available, these fit us - we felt much more comfortable, so we will take 9 of these and go all-A350.

Well that was close! I think we all knew the A350 order was in some doubt, CM said quite early on that the A350 was too much airplane so it's nice to see the 'Regional' offering seems to have secured this order.

EIBoston

Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Müller: if you have visited your mother in law 3 times in the last quarter, even a low fare will not induce you to visit her again!

I love this one but why on earth would you fly 3 times in one quarter to see you mother in law in the first place 

Toulouse

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 144):
This really has been an unbelievable first year for the new Shannon Airport Authority

Not sure if this route operated before, but I just noticed Helvetic Airways will be operating a weekly ZRH-SNN flight from May to end of August

http://www.helvetic.com/hdc/destination/snn/flightplan
Long live Aer Lingus!

tonystan

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Müller: to be honest, we never became a low-cost carrier. Our employees remained friendly despite efforts to demotivate them.
Müller: Washington-Madrid was very profitable for us, but it had labour issues.

Very interesting. Maybe management are learning not to mess about with a loyal and long standing workforce whom understand the brand and customer perhaps more so than the ever changing leadership teams.
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

Eagleboy

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Quoting tonystan (Reply 156):
Very interesting. Maybe management are learning not to mess about with a loyal and long standing workforce whom understand the brand and customer perhaps more so than the ever changing leadership teams.

Seems that not enough has changed.
Aer Lingus didn't release their cabin roster for Xmas and New Year until yesterday. Probable the most awaited shift pattern all year was 5 days late.

Müeller: since A350-900 REGIONAL became available, these fit us - we felt much more comfortable, so we will take 9 of these and go all-A350.

Thats a pretty definite statement. any ahve any ideas on how this will affect deliery schedule. EI already have the 1st deliveries pushed back to H1 2016.

Müeller: the third runway of @HeathrowAirport does exist ...and it's in Dublin!

I do like that soundbite...bet Willie Walsh wouldn't.

JAmie2k9

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Quoting Eagleboy (Reply 157):
Thats a pretty definite statement. any ahve any ideas on how this will affect deliery schedule. EI already have the 1st deliveries pushed back to H1 2016.

Don't think its all on EI's part, delay form Airbus more so.

by738

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 144):

This really has been an unbelievable first year for the new Shannon Airport Authority. To recap:

- 31 January: BE announces 3x weekly year-round SNN-GLA

Scrapped, along with EDI-NOC for next year.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Does this mean all the A330s will eventually be replaced by A350s?

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 151):
Orlando doesn't contribute to our success.

What does he mean by this I wonder...is MCO not profitable? Why are they continuing to operate it then?

Quoting Toulouse (Reply 155):
Not sure if this route operated before, but I just noticed Helvetic Airways will be operating a weekly ZRH-SNN flight from May to end of August

It's been running the last few years (by Swiss European ZRH-NOC-SNN-ZRH for a year or two as well) but it looks like next year will be the first time the flights are bookable on the website and not limited to tour operators...

BE will close the GLA-SNN and EDI-NOC routes in January:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-25221318

[Edited 2013-12-04 13:40:58]

tonystan

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Quoting Eagleboy (Reply 157):
Seems that not enough has changed.
Aer Lingus didn't release their cabin roster for Xmas and New Year until yesterday. Probable the most awaited shift pattern all year was 5 days late.

LOL Yeah heard that (my lodger is crew for them). Heard it was something to do with arranging training for the SNN crew. Not sure how that effects DUB or ORK based crew but there you have it.

kaitak
Topic Author

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 160):
Does this mean all the A330s will eventually be replaced by A350s?

Looks like it. I am still looking fwd to seeing what kind of configuration they will offer. I strongly believe that they will go for nine abreast. The A350 is 1' wider than the A330, and 10' 6" longer.

Using the current EI config (assuming they will stick to 24J), that means about 37 extra Y seats over the equivalent length of the 333, plus another four rows of Y seats, or 36Y; in tital, it sould be around 371 in Economy, for a total of 395. I'm assuming 10 cabin crew.

Of course, maybe EI might introduce a Premium Economy cabin, but they haven't shown much inclination so far.

Quoting Jamie2k9 (Reply 158):
Quoting Jamie2k9 (Reply 158):

I thought it was only 3-6 months so far; of course, they probably want to get the aircraft in time for the peak season anyway, so any delay would bring it back to the winter season. I think QR will be first to introduce the acft around this time next year.

Dropping a hint here?

shamrock604

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Quoting kaitak (Reply 162):

Dropping a hint here?

Might just be a case of lost in translation - If that were said in German, it would read differently, ie "a 3 weekly service hardly makes or breaks us".

EI320

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 160):

With just 2-3 flights per week, the performance of DUB-MCO is unlikely to have a material impact on the company's financial position. AMS, on the other hand, accounts for over 3.5% of EI's total ASKs. The statement doesn't necessarily imply that MCO is a poor performer, as such. I'm sure it does perfectly fine, otherwise it wouldn't be operating.

OA260

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Quoting by738 (Reply 159):

Yes sadly two BE Irish routes axed. More to do with the mess that BE is at the moment than the routes themselves but a blow for SNN and NOC all the same.

JAmie2k9

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:56 pm

I think the comments about MCO are being taken out of context, if it wasn't profitable it would be dropped and last summer it was upgraded from an A332 to A333. So that speaks for itself. What I think they were getting at its quiet dependent on leisure so there is only a certain amount of potential as its low freq and little connections. Compare to BOS, JFK or ORD where they are major business hubs in the US, excellent connections from DUB and US side, much more business class demand and so on.

OA260

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 am

Aer Lingus drop in passenger numbers :

05 December 2013

AER Lingus passenger numbers fell last month compared with November of last year.

Including Aer Lingus Regional operations, numbers decreased by 5pc to 728,000 in November compared with the same month in 2012.

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...ers-down-in-november-29812273.html

shamrock604

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 167):
Aer Lingus drop in passenger numbers :

05 December 2013

AER Lingus passenger numbers fell last month compared with November of last year.

Including Aer Lingus Regional operations, numbers decreased by 5pc to 728,000 in November compared with the same month in 2012.

http://www.independent.ie/business/i....html

They had expected a weak november, as noted in previous management statements, but it's bizarre considering traffic at Dublin grew by 7% in November. Clearly, such growth must be coming at least in part from the other dominant carrier, Ryanair!

DUB should now comfortably exceed 20 million passengers for the year, which is indeed a sound recovery from the low of 17 million, and almost half way towards achieving peak year traffic of 23.5 million again.

shamrock350

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Here's a photo of EI-LAX landing in DUB yesterday, seems it suffered hydraulic problems on its flight back from the Caribbean and diverted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sabre68/11222322286/

Bad luck on its first day operating for Novair!

Eirules

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:02 am

Just back from a trip to New York and while the overall experience was very good, our arrival into DUB was less than positive. Our flight was due in at 7am but tailwinds would have gotten us in an hour early so the airline (UA) delayed the flight by 45mins and told passengers it was because if we arrived in DUB before our due time, there would be no stand available. In the end we landed at 6.55am but had to hold on a taxiway for 45mins as there was still no stand available. The majority of the Americans on the flight were understandably annoyed, not a great first impression of Ireland. And it was not just us in that situation. Our captain told us the DL flight from ATL which arrived 30 mins early had to wait 70mins for a stand!!

With increased transatlantic traffic next year and the DAA promoting DUB as a hub for connections to USA, this really needs to be addressed otherwise carriers will think twice about adding capacity or routes ex DUB
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

shamrock604

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:41 am

Quoting Eirules (Reply 170):
Just back from a trip to New York and while the overall experience was very good, our arrival into DUB was less than positive. Our flight was due in at 7am but tailwinds would have gotten us in an hour early so the airline (UA) delayed the flight by 45mins and told passengers it was because if we arrived in DUB before our due time, there would be no stand available. In the end we landed at 6.55am but had to hold on a taxiway for 45mins as there was still no stand available. The majority of the Americans on the flight were understandably annoyed, not a great first impression of Ireland. And it was not just us in that situation. Our captain told us the DL flight from ATL which arrived 30 mins early had to wait 70mins for a stand!!

With increased transatlantic traffic next year and the DAA promoting DUB as a hub for connections to USA, this really needs to be addressed otherwise carriers will think twice about adding capacity or routes ex DUB

This is the problem with T2 and with Aerlingus operating from it - if the early morning EI wave doesnt get away on time, then the stands are blocked. There is really no way around it apart from EI not using contact stands at T2 during the morning rush, and you can be pretty sure that isnt going to happen!

I recently arrived from Abu Dhabi 50 minutes early, and we also had to wait for 35 minutes on a taxiway until gate 410 came free. Given Pier B is also full at that hour, I dont see what solution there is.

Pier B does have a few stands out of service at present due to pavement works in front of it, so perhaps this is adding to the situation as less gates are available.

JAmie2k9

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 am

Put it this way would aircraft be allowed to land at LHR 45 minutes early and get a stand, I think not. Even with the arrivals 45 and 70 minutes are not acceptable and I struggle to see why this has happened. EI flights start from 06.00 and by 06.55 there should be a good number of stands available even if some of the delays happened. Are EI using the USPC gates for the earliest flights out and if they are not they should be.

As for Americans being annoyed, honestly anyone would think there is no delays at US airports!

shamrock604

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:11 am

Quoting Jamie2k9 (Reply 172):
Put it this way would aircraft be allowed to land at LHR 45 minutes early and get a stand, I think not. Even with the arrivals 45 and 70 minutes are not acceptable and I struggle to see why this has happened. EI flights start from 06.00 and by 06.55 there should be a good number of stands available even if some of the delays happened. Are EI using the USPC gates for the earliest flights out and if they are not they should be.

As for Americans being annoyed, honestly anyone would think there is no delays at US airports!

It's a fair point - try landing at JFK in late afternoon and see how long you have to wait. That's life at a busy airport.

OA260

Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 am

One hour and ten minutes to wait for a stand is unacceptable and people trying to justify it by saying "oh it happens else where" is one reason why DUB will never be a serious hub! Its only got so much capacity and is still a small mini hub. Sadly that attitude is rife in the minds of people that work at DUB and in the people that run it.

Jambost

Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:39 am

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25278163

Some heavy delays relating to an atc glitch.. not a great start to the weekend!
Issue could be resolved by 1400.
1APR14 Ireland Direct, A380,Equiped Irish Bar & Casino. All Y+ seating. Serving DUB-PER-SYD/MEL

AmricanShamrok

Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:44 am

Could the flights arriving early and waiting for gates not park remotely, disembark passengers and bus them to T2? It's not ideal but could be most cost effective and efficient for dealing with this problem - for now at least. Most US airlines have about two-hour turnarounds and really don't need to be parked up at the contact stand until ~60 minutes before departure. Could this be possible?

OA260

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:10 am

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 176):

Certainly more ideal after a TATL when you just want to get off and home/hotel. Id prefer remote stand than being stuck on the tarmac waiting.

Eirules

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm with OA260 here. It's not good enough to have an attitude that because poor practices happen elsewhere that DUB should just accept it as the norm. If they have serious ambitions of becoming a transatlantic hub then it needs to be addressed. Could they talk to the US carriers and push back the arrival times by an hour? Surely this would help. The early EI departures from T2 would be gone by then. The first EI transatlantic departure is currently JFK at 10.30, could UA to EWR, AA to JFK and DL to ATL not be an hour later???

Eirules

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm with OA260 here. It's not good enough to have an attitude that because poor practices happen elsewhere that DUB should just accept it as the norm. If they have serious ambitions of becoming a transatlantic hub then it needs to be addressed. Could they talk to the US carriers and push back the arrival times by an hour? Surely this would help. The early EI departures from T2 would be gone by then. The first EI transatlantic departure is currently JFK at 10.30, could UA to EWR, AA to JFK and DL to ATL not be an hour later???

JAmie2k9

Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 174):

Late last night this mornings arrival with DL was scheduled at 06.50 and was due at 06.05, not there is no stands more less at all available at that time for any carrier. Airlines are given slots for there flights and a flight arriving 45 ahead of schedule is not the airport operator's fault, now if it was 45 minutes this morning so the recent 70 minute wait is acceptable weather we like it or not. Delta could of delayed the departure from the US but they didn't because they have slots for the departure. With the weather conditions they would of known that the arrival would of being earlier. Now I don't know the exact arrival time it landed from ATL at this morning.

As I already said would this be accepted at LHR and plenty of other European airports so why is DUB being treated differently?

[Edited 2013-12-07 10:26:41]

OA260

Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Quoting Eirules (Reply 179):

Indeed . People should constantly strive for better not accepting second best. Innovation and thinking outside of the box is whats needed at DUB. A lot more could be achieved that way. If you go abroad selling a product you had better deliver. People arriving into DUB and waiting 60-70 mins will remember it as much as the rest of the trip to Ireland. Same thing that people commented on when the lines for immigration were long!

EI320

Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 181):
Indeed . People should constantly strive for better not accepting second best. Innovation and thinking outside of the box is whats needed at DUB. A lot more could be achieved that way. If you go abroad selling a product you had better deliver. People arriving into DUB and waiting 60-70 mins will remember it as much as the rest of the trip to Ireland. Same thing that people commented on when the lines for immigration were long!

Innovation and foresight will be imperative if DUB is to maximise its potential in the years ahead, both operationally and commercially. Unfortunately, it has been the distinct absence of these core values from previous planning processes that has resulted in many of today's issues at DUB - issues that will become increasingly prominent in the years ahead as traffic levels continue their upward trajectory.

This particular issue regarding aircraft landing early is a challenging one though. Both stand and resource planning are, of course, schedule-driven. When aircraft land up to 60 minutes early during periods when the facility is at capacity, it would be a little unreasonable for them to expect to be accommodated immediately.

DUB must aim to maximise utilisation of the facility, they cannot afford to build slack into a system at times when demand is at its highest.

The remote parking of aircraft is less than ideal, from both a cost and a logistical perspective. Aircraft parked remotely still require servicing - ground handlers may require additional staff and equipment to service an aircraft at a time it had not been scheduled for. The towing of an aircraft to a contact stand requires the time and resources of ground handling staff, airport staff and ATC. Furthermore, you also risk delaying the westbound leg if the towing of the aircraft back to stand is delayed due to ramp congestion. Remote parking should be avoided if possible, particularly for wide body aircraft.

Ultimately, its simply not realistic for airports to plan for aircraft arriving so far in advance of their STA. During periods when the North Atlantic Jetstream is particularly strong, airlines should either try to delay departure from the US (and prevent fuel being wasted upon arrival in DUB), or adjust their flight schedules.

If either of the above are not possible, a tarmac delay upon arrival in DUB is, unfortunately, inevitable.

JAmie2k9

Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:21 am

OA260 while you do have some points, I think EI320 has hit the nail on the head with Jetstream which lets be honest only lasts for a short period of time. Probaly 98% of lights get stands very quick after touch down but you could never always have it.

Overall the planners at DUB do a good job at T2 to keep everything moving and it works, flights are well timed but flights arriving 45 minutes ahead just isn't workable for planners, it only works for the early arrivals with EI where stands are empty. Waiting for stands just isn't a issue very often.

AmricanShamrok

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:27 pm

The design of Pier 4 (E) isn't exactly ideal for these delays either. The pier can accommodate a maximum of eight widebody aircraft (with 0 narrowbody aircraft if this were to happen as the widebodies block the adjacent stands).

With this in mind, the early-morning EY flight is on-stand at Gate 410 each day between 06:50 and 08:20. If this flight were moved over to Pier 3 (B), that would free up two gates (408 and 410) during that time for EI's narrowbody operations (in turn opening up a preclearance gate further down). Owing to the location of its lounge though, EY would likely not be happy about this. Was it a mistake to allow EY and EK use T2? Maybe that's a discussion for another day...

Should the DAA start looking into conducting studies on developing another pier at T2?

BestWestern

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 184):
Should the DAA start looking into conducting studies on developing another pier at T2?

Page 26 of the attached link below shows whats next

http://emergingairports.com/presenta...d%20British%20Aviation%20Group.pdf

shamrock321

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Flew into DUB today on EI-CVA, in good condition for the oldest A320 in the fleet, rather disinterested crew and a little disappointed there was no "Cheesy Mister" left.

One question tough, the Aer Lingus baggage desk now has a massive Etihad logo on it, do they now do the ground handling or is it still Servisair?

Aer Lingus

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:21 pm

CVA just had a C check in BOD I believe and is only back about two weeks so perhaps got a good going over on the inside too.

Yes EY now handled by EI since November I believe.

Eirules

Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:04 pm

I noticed AA are flying DUB-ORD into November of 2014, not sure how far beyond this but am I not right in saying that since the route went seasonal, it always ended by Oct

AmricanShamrok

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:06 pm

I see on another thread DL are to decrease frequency on JFK-DUB to 7x weekly next summer and both ATL and JFK services will be operated with the 767-300ER.

JAmie2k9

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 189):

Not correct, they never change aircraft/freq until Feb or March at the earliest. A332 to ATL only operates for peak season anyway and B767 is always on JFK and the extra flights only peak. Yes they had the A332 planned for ATL for the whole summer but it has being removed however I expect it will be back for peak season as usual so no reduction as such at the minute.

SURFER

Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Don't know if anyone has seen the offer from Shannon airport on their Facebook page today,operation Santa clause which is free flights this coming weekend for familys to fly in the SNN area to see st. Nick prepare for the big day.Ryanair are providing the aircraft 6 flights each day.The phone lines have been jammed all evening according to comments on Facebook.Fantastic marketing idea by the airport and Ryanair.

tonystan

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Has anyone heard if there will be a shake up of US Airways operations at DUB as a result of the AA merger????

aidansnn

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Quoting SURFER (Reply 191):
Don't know if anyone has seen the offer from Shannon airport on their Facebook page today

I spotted it earlier today - applied via the email address, but have yet to hear back. A bit of a random one, as far as marketing is concerned! It can't be cheap to stage that many flights, but nice to see some festive cheer being spread in the Shannon region!

OA260

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Quoting tonystan (Reply 192):

Maybe staff in Ireland effected and one route to go I heard. Not more than usual talk going around so I gues we will see soon enough.

Eirules

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Quoting tonystan (Reply 192):

I'd be surprised if CLT stays to be honest but I've equally heard JFK is struggling which wouldn't be a shock considering the competition on the route and AA's poor hard product

tonystan

Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:51 am

Cheers for that.

Quoting Eirules (Reply 195):

Indeed it will be interesting on that note. US for all their failings have a slightly better product compared to AAs 767 and 757s.

OA260

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Aer Lingus amending their baggage policy allowing pre booked bags on a sliding price scale 15KG to 40KG.

New prices on Aerlingus.com

ei 168

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Nice update to the Dublin Airport app on iOS devices.

A much better improvement on the last version.

shamrock604

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Quoting Eirules (Reply 195):
I'd be surprised if CLT stays to be honest but I've equally heard JFK is struggling which wouldn't be a shock considering the competition on the route and AA's poor hard product

Nothing wrong with CLT's performance - it apparently had a very strong year this year. I'd heard JFK was doing rather well too, at least during it's first summer.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos