Markam
Topic Author

Iberia Roll Out New Corporate Image

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Although Iberia revealed their new corporate image last month, it was not until yesterday that they rolled it out. Their new logo can now be seen on their website, and they have also rolled it out on frequent flyer cards.

http://www.iberia.com

http://www.iberia.com/iberiaplus/advantages/

I think that it looks good, although I would have chosen white for the font color on the Silver/Gold/Platinum frequent flyer cards instead of red, which does not combine very well with dark colors.

Does anyone know when IB will get the first aircraft painted in the new livery? As mentioned in the previous thread (now archived:https://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5901025/) I think that although they could definitely have done better the livery is not so terrible, and that it could actually become quite nice if IB put their logo next to the main titles and on the wingtip. In any case, I think that it should definitely look better on the actual aircraft than on paper.

PS A nice gallery of past IB logos is also now available at their website: http://www.iberia.com/web/obsmenu.do?menuId=IBRAND_HIST

[Edited 2013-11-19 08:07:49]

hotplane

RE: Iberia Roll Out New Corporate Image

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:25 pm

The first aircraft in new 'livery', an A330, has been delivered from Toulouse.
?

spantax

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:31 pm

A300, 310, 319, 320, 321, 330, 340, 380, AN-2, AN-26, ATR42, AVR85, 100, B717, 727, 737, 747, 757, 777, Q400, B1900D, C130, C212,
CH47, CRJ200, 700, 900, DC-3, DC-9, DHC4, ERJ 145, 190, F50, 70, 100, HS146, IL114, MD83, 87, 88.

777klm

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Maybe it's my browser, but I think the IBERIA logo looks placed wrongly on the IB website. There is no space left of the logo.   Perhaps it's something they have to fine-tune. Overall I thinks the new corporate image looks good and clean!

Edit: it is my browser. Looks perfect in other browsers.

[Edited 2013-11-19 08:36:41]
Home airport: AMS
Next flight: CNX - BKK

Markam
Topic Author

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Quoting hotplane (Reply 1):
The first aircraft in new 'livery', an A330, has been delivered from Toulouse.
Quoting hotplane (Reply 1):
A couple of pics here:

http://www.aviaciondigitalglobal.com...nId=4

I missed that, thank you! The livery does look better on the actual aircraft, but, again, I think that they should really put the logo by the main titles and on the wingtips... that would make a huge difference, imho.

Quoting spantax (Reply 2):
Maybe it's my browser, but I think the IBERIA logo looks placed wrongly on the IB website. There is no space left of the logo. Perhaps it's something they have to fine-tune. Overall I thinks the new corporate image looks good and clean!

Maybe it is indeed the browser? Perhaps the resolution? On Firefox on a 23'' screen it shows fine - it is indeed aligned with the left of the flight booking box, but that is in the middle, with a huge space to the left.

[Edited 2013-11-19 08:40:26]

ldvaviation

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Quoting Markam (Reply 4):
I missed that, thank you! The livery does look better on the actual aircraft, but, again, I think that they should really put the logo by the main titles and on the wingtips... that would make a huge difference, imho.

Agreed.

Would you go with the logo on the tail?

Or, would you come up with a symbol like BA or AA.

Markam
Topic Author

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Quoting LDVAviation (Reply 5):
Agreed.

Would you go with the logo on the tail?

Or, would you come up with a symbol like BA or AA.

Maybe in the long run they could come up with a symbol, but for now I would just go with the logo in the tail, as they did for the engines, since they have chosen it as their logo for all their corporate image. That way it would only involve a slight change in the paint job, or just stickers, and it would not affect the other aspects of their image change. I think that the logo in itself is nice, even if it does look a bit "vanilla".

a380787

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:41 pm

it just looks like any other uncreative blobs (avianca i'm looking at you) coming out of interns ... this logo just says "LCC" to me ... unless that's exactly what IB wants to portray (Vueling-dba-Iberia)

call me nostalgic but I prefer those unique logos I can immediately associate with a carrier - TG, AC, BA, LH, QF ....

Boeing778X

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:37 pm

The new image was received by me the same way I received the new Avianca/TACA livery; with absolute, horrified shock......well, maybe not that...but I was disappointed nevertheless.

The new livery lacks any professionalism, appeal, and color. Eurowhites rarely ever look good...a livery to match the service...bland...
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

QANTASvJet

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:15 pm

So a month after launching the new branding, they have got round to putting it on their website
hmmm
Notice though that it's not on the IAG website which continues to use the old branding
mind you, on the IAG website under 'our brands' it mentions IB and BA but not Vueling.
Willie - please please please sack your marketing supremo....

polaris

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:12 am

The aircraft looks dreadful. Why do countries with colourful images resort to such bland aircraft schemes? As mentioned above, Avianca comes to mind. Asiana also comes to mind.

This is what happens when you represent corporate culture rather than national culture. Bland corporatism. Spain, what have you done?

airjamaica

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:16 am

Quoting a380787 (Reply 7):
it just looks like any other uncreative blobs (avianca i'm looking at you) coming out of interns ... this logo just says "LCC" to me ... unless that's exactly what IB wants to portray (Vueling-dba-Iberia)
Quoting Boeing778X (Reply 8):
The new image was received by me the same way I received the new Avianca/TACA livery; with absolute, horrified shock......well, maybe not that...but I was disappointed nevertheless.

The new livery lacks any professionalism, appeal, and color.
Quoting Polaris (Reply 10):
The aircraft looks dreadful.

I have to agree 112%. Another big disappointment. The lack of creativity with all these so called '' new '' liveries is bewildering. Never imagine so many of them would follow the same boring pattern.

Quoting a380787 (Reply 7):
call me nostalgic but I prefer those unique logos I can immediately associate with a carrier - TG, AC, BA, LH, QF ....

Agree here again. The thing is these former logos/liveries were far more creative and iconic, unlike what we are seeing nowadays, so despite being around for years they still stand out. I am not opposed to change, but it should be for the better. Probably it would have been better if they just '' tweaked '' a bit.

Quoting Boeing778X (Reply 8):
Eurowhites rarely ever look good

I could tolerate when there were a few of them around. But when all the other carriers started the trend, it become an eyesore.

Why do countries with colourful images resort to such bland aircraft schemes?

One word. Cost. Which is understandable. But I still think they could be much more creative none the less. Such a shame though. Gone are the days when one would look forward to see the variety. Now they are pretty much almost the same. Eurowhite, billboard titles, save for a few.

This is what happens when you represent corporate culture rather than national culture.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
airjamaica

Capt.Fantastic

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:23 am

The worst of Eurowhite. In comparison, AF's 'Eurowhite' livery has some style- i.e. the segmented flag and the red wedge abutting the unified AIRFRANCE titles.

IMO, bold, blllboard titles would have made Iberia's new livery look somewhat better. Also, I think the colors should've been richer, a bit darker or more vibrant. Looking at the airplane, it seems faded.

[Edited 2013-11-19 21:24:49]

Capt.Fantastic

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:33 am

Can anyone surmise why the logo on the engine is positioned low (as opposed to centered)? Given the placement of titles on the fuselage, this puts the livery a bit off balance.

[Edited 2013-11-19 21:37:57]

seahawk

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:05 am

If you cosnider that their fachebook page used the 60ies logo for the last weeks, it is surely a step back. But it is also modern and sleek. The new livery looks better than the old though.

AM777LR

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:20 am

I find the new look nice and refreshing. I can't wait to see the A346's in the new livery! I hope we can get a thread going like the one for AA's newly painted planes!

rakoon

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:00 am

The new IB logo is mutating, while in the airplanes from the bottom is red, white and yellow in the new corporative image is yellow, red and white, so which are the real logo's colours?

Maybe I don't understand too much about design, but I think that the logo it would be the same always. I don't see a Ferrari's logo in red because the car is yellow... In spanish we have a word to the things bad done, "chapuza" (botched job, according to wordreference) and that is the new Iberia's logo.

B707MT

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 am

Quoting spantax (Reply 2):
A couple of pics here:

http://www.aviaciondigitalglobal.com...icia.asp?NotId=22307&NotDesignId=4

Yawn. The fin has unrealised potential, but the titles are underwhelming.

hotplane

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:45 am

I dread to think what the A340-600 will look like with it's half a mile of white fuselage
?

gdg9

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Sigh. Another bland, uninsinspired Eurowhite...
@dfwtower

Braybuddy

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:18 pm

While the most positive comments about this livery seem to be "fresh" and "modern", this can apply to almost any new livery when it is introduced, it doen´t necessarily mean that it is good. As other people have said, over and over again, it is very, very bland. The logo itself represents nothing about Spanish aviation. While it is obviously based on the national colours, it seems to be nothing more than a vague representation of an aircraft tail. Hello? Give an eight year old a box of crayons and ask him to design a logo for an airline and he'll probably come up with that. To me it looks like a leaf, and would probably be more suited to a packet of cigarettes.

I reckon this livery, in it's present form, will not be with us for very long. Why do I have the feeling that in a couple of years it will be tweaked, or have something added.

Watch this space . . .

PHX787

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:12 pm

It looks very professional.    Good choice. Hope it works for them.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

Luftymatt

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Looking at the first aircraft painted up I the new 'livery', it just leaves me feeling all cold inside. What happened to brand recognition being important?
chase the sun

bluesky73

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm

We've already discussed this a month ago and a majority said pretty much same thing, unimaginitive, cheap looking and basic poor branding. Still looks as bland today as then.

smi0006

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 am

What are the chances we could see a new uniform for the team at IB? The current one is shockingly boring, it looks drab. Time for something fresh, I know it sounds silly, but I always feel a new uni from improves morale. It shows an investment in people. Perhaps once all the labour restructures is complete.

Asturias

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:15 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 20):
While the most positive comments about this livery seem to be "fresh" and "modern", this can apply to almost any new livery when it is introduced, it doen´t necessarily mean that it is good. As other people have said, over and over again, it is very, very bland. The logo itself represents nothing about Spanish aviation. While it is obviously based on the national colours, it seems to be nothing more than a vague representation of an aircraft tail. Hello? Give an eight year old a box of crayons and ask him to design a logo for an airline and he'll probably come up with that. To me it looks like a leaf, and would probably be more suited to a packet of cigarettes.

I reckon this livery, in it's present form, will not be with us for very long. Why do I have the feeling that in a couple of years it will be tweaked, or have something added.

We can only hope, IB deserves better - heck anyone deserves better - certainly people have mentioned that they find it bland and uninspiring which I would concur with, but worse yet it is not memorable. Something I find a worse attribute to a logo/livery than were it ugly, bland or silly all rolled in one.
Tonight we fly

seahawk

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:09 am

I think the livery is ok, the new logo however is a disgrace. If you want to remove the previous IB, you could always go back to a modernized version of the 60ies globe.

And if you consider that the IB is with us as long as the current LH logo, AF logo, Singapore Airlines, Thai....

r2rho

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Quoting seahawk (Reply 26):
If you want to remove the previous IB, you could always go back to a modernized version of the 60ies globe.
And if you consider that the IB is with us as long as the current LH logo, AF logo, Singapore Airlines, Thai....

Agree that the problem is not so much on the new livery (which you may like or not like - I personally don't), but the removal of a classic timeless logo by which IB was recognized everywhere. If you want, you can still change the livery while keeping or slightly modernizing the logo. But don't remove a symbol by which everybody can identify you, and substitute it by a bland swoosh with no personality or means of identification with IB, and that could in fact belong to any LCC charter startup.

seahawk

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:00 pm

I came up with this

Iberia livery idea 2013

hotplane

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Please, send this to IB's HQ. Email it, post it, whatever!
?

BlueShamu330s

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Quoting r2rho (Reply 27):
Agree that the problem is not so much on the new livery (which you may like or not like - I personally don't), but the removal of a classic timeless logo by which IB was recognized everywhere. If you want, you can still change the livery while keeping or slightly modernizing the logo. But don't remove a symbol by which everybody can identify you

Not if distancing and disassociating yourself from the old brand is the primary objective.

On that basis, the new branding succeeds totally.

Rgds
Flying around India

mfc

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Iberia Express' new brand has been released recently:

http://economia.elpais.com/economia/.../actualidad/1384881744_232911.html

In my opinion it looks better with the red engines and large titles.

Regards,

Martín
So, we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past

filLPA

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:58 am

Quoting mfc (Reply 31):

Yes, I thought the same when I saw it!! I hope IBERIA will update the new livery and make it look more like the IBERIA Express one!!

Lets see how the new IBERIA Regional livery will end up  

seahawk

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:26 am

Nice, the LoCo part looks less LoCo than mainline.

r2rho

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Quoting mfc (Reply 31):

Wow, I never thought I'd see a day when the IB Express livery looks actually better than the mainline! Now put back an IB logo on the tail, and I could live with that!

seahawk

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:29 pm

I would go with this

Markam
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Quoting mfc (Reply 31):

http://economia.elpais.com/economia/.../actualidad/1384881744_232911.html

Regards,

Martín

Indeed, the Iberia Express livery looks much nicer than the mainline one, with the logo on the main titles and the red engines, and if they get any aircraft with sharklets, I hope that they paint them in red or put the IB logo on them, too.   

Since the IB Express livery was released later and seems to be newer, could this be a sign of things to come on IB mainline, i.e. that IB will revisit their livery and add these touchs there as well?   

[Edited 2013-11-22 15:02:21]

jmw99ttu

Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:13 am

Their website is advertising round trips for a bargain of $1 billion. Someone in the IT dept needs to double check their work.

DocLightning

Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:46 am

Quoting blueshamu330s (Reply 30):
On that basis, the new branding succeeds totally.

Iblandia.   

The problem is that the new brand is an insipid brand that does not replace the iconic former brand. It's like trying to paint white over a red wall. You need to use something bolder than this insipid nonsense to actually erase the past.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

QANTASvJet

Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:09 am

Quoting QANTASvJet (Reply 9):
it's not on the IAG website which continues to use the old branding
mind you, on the IAG website under 'our brands' it mentions IB and BA but not Vueling.
Willie - please please please sack your marketing supremo....

I see that a few days after my post, IAG finally updated their website. Coincidence or the power of airliners.net? If it's the latter, hopefully they will be giving thought to the rest of the comments too.

Lofty

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:24 am

When the new painted aircraft was at LHR yesterday I could see it together with an old livery and I must admit the new one does look modern rather than something out of the 60’s.
I did check and the new one does have a Spanish flag and the crown near the reg at the back.

jfklganyc

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:57 am

Quoting Lofty (Reply 40):
When the new painted aircraft was at LHR yesterday I could see it together with an old livery and I must admit the new one does look modern rather than something out of the 60’s.
I did check and the new one does have a Spanish flag and the crown near the reg at the back.

The new one is more modern, but I have to wonder what's wrong with the classic 60s livery. Same thing with the AA Livery that is going away. I know airlines go through rough periods, but this has to be the only industry where you completely reinvent a corporate brand on a regular basis. I couldn't imagine Nike without the swoosh, Macy*s without the star, Coke without the red and white lines, Pepsi without the red and blue circle...IBERIA without the yellow and orange colors!! I would have preferred less of a redo

KarelXWB

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Following the A330s, the first Iberia Express A320 with similar livery has been spotted:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Daniel Guerra

What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos