selembo
Topic Author

BA Would Resume Flight To Dar Es Salaam?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:56 pm

"British Airways (BA) is likely to resume its operations in Tanzania, Deputy British High Commissioner to Tanzania, Julian Chandler has hinted." (Ippmedia 2013)

I feel view as that BA should offer flight to Tanzania via stop Nairobi, Kenya because that BA could be improve the profitabity.

What do you think?

yellowtail

RE: BA Would Resume Flight To Dar Es Salaam?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Quoting selembo (Thread starter):
I feel view as that BA should offer flight to Tanzania via stop Nairobi, Kenya because that BA could be improve the profitabity.

What do you think?

Why would they offer it via NBO when NBO does quite well on its own. Those flights go packed to the gills in all cabins.

Now maybe they could do a JRO-DAR combo….
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

Lofty

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 pm

From LGW can't see it from LHR.

HUYfan

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:53 pm

BA cannot currently open JRO as much as they would like to because the routing is not possile with Worldwide crew. It would be triangled with DAR.

The new fleet could operate it, but they are not trained on the 767/787.

Kind regards

HUYfan

AM777LR

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 am

Quoting Lofty (Reply 2):

LHR would offer much more connections. This flight would be mostly dependent on connections.

AIR MALTA

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:12 am

Quoting HUYfan (Reply 3):
The new fleet could operate it, but they are not trained on the 767/787.

They could operate it with a 777 with a tag on to JRO.

BA and IAG were saying that they would focus on Africa. What we have seen till now is BA axing KRT, ADD, DAR, TUN and LUN.

OneWorld and IAG are weak in Africa. They need to do something about it.
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

sk736

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38 am

Quoting AIR MALTA (Reply 5):
OneWorld and IAG are weak in Africa. They need to do something about it.

Clearly they don't, or they would already be doing it!

LX138

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 am

Quoting AM777LR (Reply 4):
LHR would offer much more connections. This flight would be mostly dependent on connections.

Really? I think rather the opposite otherwise they definitely wouldn't want to bring the route back.
StarWorld Team - The ultimate airline alliance

HUYfan

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 pm

There are no spare 3 class 772s in the fleet at the moment, and this is too much aircraft for the route anyway. Africa will be expanded in time, but not through dumping of capacity into markets that don't need it, leading to bad yields.

Kind regards

HUYfan

migair54

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:01 pm

They made a big mistake leaving DAR, the schedule was very bad for connectivity to Canada and USA but every time I fly KLM from DAR the plane is full and many of these travellers maybe up to 70% are on transit, Business is quite full, economy comfort and tourist, same with Qatar, Emirates, Swiss, They are doing very well. I´m not sure about TK and MS, but I flew a couple of times with MS and it was quite full also.

If they add JRO they can add the cargo to the equation, big market for flowers there, KLM always get flowers there.

The problem was that, leaving DAR at night is the solution, like KLM and Swiss. They can send a B787 or even the B767 again, why not... Maybe the B777 is too big, but during high season KLM sends the B77W and is normal to listen them asking for start up with up to 400 POB or more, low season is A333 same for Swiss (stops in NBO).

By the way I heard many rumours about VS starting DAR but I have never seen the confirmation or any publicity about the route.

yellowtail

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Quoting migair54 (Reply 9):
By the way I heard many rumours about VS starting DAR but I have never seen the confirmation or any publicity about the route.

With VS recently abandoning NBO, I see no way of them logically starting DAR. The market (pax and cargo) to NBO is so much bigger, so if they couldn't make it there, DAR would be a long shot.

Personally, I think you will see VS start to focus on latin and caribbean markets a bit more over the coming years as those require less feed which is something VS is weak on.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

Johnwaynebobbet

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Cannot see BA returning to DAR anytime soon. The 767 is slowly getting phased out and the new 787 has too many premium seats for the markets demand.

twolz2rn

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:37 pm

I was really sad to see this flight cancelled! Why wouldn't they just pair it with Lusaka (or some other city) on a triangle routing?

Thankfully I was able to get a TR in on the route a few weeks before it was cancelled!
BA 715/47 - ZRH-LHR-DAR In Y (pics) (by twolz2rn Mar 16 2013 in Trip Reports)

spud757

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Would it not make sense for BA to work with OW partner QR on East African destinations not suitable to be servced direct from LHR?

BA helped QR into OW so I would have thought BA-QR had visions of how they can work together in markets such as East Africa and India

migair54

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 10):
With VS recently abandoning NBO, I see no way of them logically starting DAR. The market (pax and cargo) to NBO is so much bigger, so if they couldn't make it there, DAR would be a long shot.
http://www.eturbonews.com/35490/virg...lights-between-london-and-dar-es-s

http://wolfganghthome.wordpress.com/...only-weeks-after-dropping-nairobi/

Quoting Johnwaynebobbet (Reply 11):
Cannot see BA returning to DAR anytime soon. The 767 is slowly getting phased out and the new 787 has too many premium seats for the markets demand.

When is the last B767 with international cabin going to leave? until then they can use, The difference is 10 seat in business, but also economy is bigger, In my opinion if they offer an arrival into LHR in a good time for USA and Canada it will work. Tanzania is booming, Dar es Salaam has grown a lot in the last 5 years, lot of projects in the whole country.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos