ferpe
Topic Author

SSJ100 Called The Tank

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:46 pm

There is continuing good news coming out of Interjet, here statements from their an interview done by Bloomberg re their plans for an IPO next year (the previous thread was locked):

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...olaris-sale-on-air-traffic-1-.html

"Russian Plane

Interjet has been pleasantly surprised by the reliability of the Superjet 100 regional plane, a Russian-built aircraft made by United Aircraft Corp.’s Sukhoi unit and Italy’s Finmeccanica SpA, Aleman Magnani said.
The Mexican airline’s three Superjets have flown about 750 commercial flights so far and are being utilized about 11 hours a day, meeting Interjet’s plan, Chief Executive Officer Jose Luis Garza said. It’s relying on the plane to connect Mexico City with nine mid-density destinations while using its fleet of Airbus SAS A320 single-aisle jets on busier routes.

The Superjet’s technical dispatch reliability is 99 percent, he said.

“Normally you go through a learning curve. We are already there,” he said. “The pilots already put a nickname on the aircraft, they call it the little tank.”

Quite a change of fortunes when the aircraft gets a good outfitting and support it seems, a solid aircraft that needed a bit of setting in perhaps.
Non French in France

panais

RE: SSJ100 Called The Tank

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks for the post. It will be interesting to find out how is the fuel consumption on the SSJ100/95.

Maybe instead of a shorter version the SSJ100/75 we see a longer version that can seat 100 passengers in two class config.

ferpe
Topic Author

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Quoting panais (Reply 1):
Thanks for the post. It will be interesting to find out how is the fuel consumption on the SSJ100/95.

it was discussed in the previous thread (don't know why it was locked?), it seems the fuel consumption is on par with the best flying today ie the BBD CRJ900 and EMB 170, ie on par with GE CF34 equipped aicraft, it will not match things like Cseries. But then on very short hops reliability and low cycle costs can be equally important.
Non French in France

sirtoby

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Quoting ferpe (Reply 2):
it was discussed in the previous thread (don't know why it was locked?), it seems the fuel consumption is on par with the best flying today ie the BBD CRJ900 and EMB 170, ie on par with GE CF34 equipped aicraft, it will not match things like Cseries.

The SaM146 is aimed to be 2% better in SFC than the CF34-10, so it fuel burn should be similar or somewhat lower compared to the E190.

DexSwart

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:10 am

I'm actually surprised it didn't sell in Africa. It seems tough enough to survive most of what Africa can throw at it, Mexico is quite hot an high, so can it work for, say, a startup in JNB or something?
Durban. Melbourne. Denver. Hong Kong.

PlymSpotter

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:30 pm

It is great to see the SSJ performing well. I wonder if it could be upgraded with next gen engine technology at some point.

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

AM777LR

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Great to hear the SSJ is working for 4O! I have yet to try 4O's SSJ product.

masseybrown

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Is the purchase price competitive? I've been hoping one of the Russian or Chinese aircraft would shake up the cozy world of a/c manufacturing.

MEA-707

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:57 pm

I won't deny that the SSJ is an attractive aircraft and I had a good flight on them (CPH-SVO) last august, but press statements like these should be taken with a bit of salt.
After the bad press of the crash in Indonesia, and also Aeroflot and Armavia whining about their SSJ100s, some positive news from a new, western operator was crucial for this program's survival. You can imagine that the Russians told Interjet 'We will give you a further 10% discount under sole condition that you are positive about our airplane in the press" I don't claim but things like this happen all the time. Just as often the opposite; CEO's complaining about aircraft they like, just to get a discount or better slots or any other kickback.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

TheRedBaron

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Quoting MEA-707 (Reply 8):
I won't deny that the SSJ is an attractive aircraft and I had a good flight on them (CPH-SVO) last august, but press statements like these should be taken with a bit of salt.
After the bad press of the crash in Indonesia, and also Aeroflot and Armavia whining about their SSJ100s, some positive news from a new, western operator was crucial for this program's survival. You can imagine that the Russians told Interjet 'We will give you a further 10% discount under sole condition that you are positive about our airplane in the press" I don't claim but things like this happen all the time. Just as often the opposite; CEO's complaining about aircraft they like, just to get a discount or better slots or any other kickback.

While I agree that it might be possible such scenario, I have hear from friends that he official name is "el tanquecito" so the exact translation is the " little tank " , in Mexico such nicknames are used for example for the Volkswagen Jetta IV, which is still being produced and sold (its always in the top 5 cars sold), its a very reliable car that is not ugly and behaves like an old tank. Hence the name. 6 weeks ago I book da MEX-ZAC flight but unfortunately work prevented me from using a full day to make a TR on the SSJ.

The real proof will be when 4O receives the full fleet and orders more, if they do it, I am convinced a lot of other carriers will notice, the thing the SSJ needs most is sustained production and quality control. I really hope they succeed.

And since MEX as alms always hot and high I guess they are putting the SSJ into the fire, when AM uses the old Embraers they get weight restricted a lot due to temps and elevation.

TRB
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

Polot

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Quoting TheRedBaron (Reply 9):
The real proof will be when 4O receives the full fleet and orders more, if they do it, I am convinced a lot of other carriers will notice, the thing the SSJ needs most is sustained production and quality control. I really hope they succeed.

That is the biggest problem. It is great that the SSJ is doing well for Interjet but it is not going to be a successful jet and break Bombardier/Embraer's market if Sukhoi continues to build them at a snail's pace.

lightsaber

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:40 am

First, I'm pleasantly surprised again and again how well the SSJ is doing at Interjet. It looks like enough bugs are out, new models are robust, and the supply chain is keeping the parts flowing.

But this takes 'economy of scale' or as noted:

Quoting Polot (Reply 10):
That is the biggest problem. It is great that the SSJ is doing well for Interjet but it is not going to be a successful jet and break Bombardier/Embraer's market if Sukhoi continues to build them at a snail's pace.

Now the SSJ needs economy of scale. For financing... for parts and support. For sales price.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

mrocktor

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Note that 99% dispatch reliability is really quite bad for a mature airplane (the good old CRJ classics and EMB-145 operate in the 99.7-99.9 range, which means almost 10 times more reliable).

It is not bad at all for entry into service numbers, though.

ap305

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Quoting ferpe (Reply 2):
it was discussed in the previous thread (don't know why it was locked?), it seems the fuel consumption is on par with the best flying today ie the BBD CRJ900 and EMB 170, ie on par with GE CF34 equipped aicraft, it will not match things like Cseries. But then on very short hops reliability and low cycle costs can be equally important.

I am not sure if this article was linked in the previous thread

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...raise-superjet-performance-393229/

1800-1900 kg per hour seems very comparable to the publicly available figures for the e jet?... And this is done with a wider fuselage. The ssj seems a very credible alternative in the 100 seat market.

[Edited 2013-12-03 10:09:03]
Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all my life. And it stands up before anything else- Ayrton Senna

PW100

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Quoting mrocktor (Reply 12):
Note that 99% dispatch reliability is really quite bad for a mature airplane (the good old CRJ classics and EMB-145 operate in the 99.7-99.9 range, which means almost 10 times more reliable).

It is not bad at all for entry into service numbers, though

In many of the 787 threads we have been told, for the better part of three years, that anything between 95 and 98% is not that bad for a brand new developed airplane . . .   

Off course these are very different planes, and a long haul, state of the electric plane can not be compared to a short haul high-cycle machine. But then again, I also can assure you that an EMB190 of a certain blue chip European airline, 5 years after EIS, is nowhere near 99.9% . . .

PW100
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"

dtw2hyd

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 pm

the good old CRJ classics and EMB-145 operate in the 99.7-99.9 range, which means almost 10 times more reliable

If CRJs/E-Jets have ~100% TDR, why regional carriers operating CRJ/E-Jets have their OTP stuck at ~65% throughout the year.

KarelXWB

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:07 pm

It is not bad at all for entry into service numbers, though.

Not bad at all knowing that Aeroflot returned their first 10 SSJ100 aircraft to Sukhoi because they were reported as "not reliable". It seems Sukhoi has addressed the issues very quickly.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

mandala499

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 am

Quoting ap305 (Reply 13):
1800-1900 kg per hour seems very comparable to the publicly available figures for the e jet?

It is good but in my opinion it is 'not good enough' for it to cover a broad segment of the market.
If I spend 1800-1900kg for 100 seats on an SSJ, I can go to 2200-2400kg for 180 seats on a 320... So SSJ wins on trip cost but definitely loses out on per seat kilometer costs.

But yes, currently it's probably the 'best' one out there in terms of fuelburn per ton of payload (not seats) for its class.
All Sukhoi needs to do is to get more orders and ramp up production.

Many are awaiting the decision on what engines the SSJ130 will have to power it before making any consideration on the SSJ 'family'.

Quoting MEA-707 (Reply 8):
but press statements like these should be taken with a bit of salt.

I didn't believe it was a good plane until I talked to its crew and saw the performance numbers. It's a crude mini Airbus, and the crew seems to like it. Even Sukhoi was surprised at it's dispatch reliability, although some spares logistics are still an issue.
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

ferpe
Topic Author

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Quoting mandala499 (Reply 17):
I didn't believe it was a good plane until I talked to its crew and saw the performance numbers.

Talked to what crew?
Non French in France

mrocktor

Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Quoting DTW2HYD (Reply 15):
If CRJs/E-Jets have ~100% TDR, why regional carriers operating CRJ/E-Jets have their OTP stuck at ~65% throughout the year.

Non-airframe related issues, obviously. Crews, servicing, etc.

Quoting PW100 (Reply 14):
PW100

Agreed.

Rdh3e

Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:57 pm

which means almost 10 times more reliable

No. That would be 10x fewer dispatch problems, not "10 times more reliable" as it is less than a 1% difference.

Also, asserting it's higher than around 99.5% for those fleet types is pushing it in my opinion.

Wayfarer515

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 16):
Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 16):
Not bad at all knowing that Aeroflot returned their first 10 SSJ100 aircraft to Sukhoi because they were reported as "not reliable". It seems Sukhoi has addressed the issues very quickly.

I see some of you are quite misinformed on the status and performance of the SSJ.

For example the quote above, AFL did not return the planes because of any glitches or problems with its 10 original airframes, as a matter of fact so far only 2 have been substituted with the full-spec variant.

The first 10 airframes did not meet the weight criteria for AFL, so they had to make the interior without a 3rd lavatory and other goodies.

SCAC agreed to deliver these 10 airframes and buy them back from AFL once the full-specification was ready. Starting from RA-89014 all the airframes received by AFL contain the 3rd lavatory and some other improvements the initial versions did not have. BTW the airframes returned by AFL are being sold to other operators such as Moskovia or the Interior Ministry of Russia, so no, there are no problems with these airframes at all.

I've seen the SSJ performance figures of Yakutia which have long haul flights from Yakutsk to Novossibirsk with average fuel burns around 1500-1600 kg/h. So yes, this is a very competitive airplane IMHO, especially for thin medium-haul routes.

Sky Aviation and Laos Central Airlines use the SSJ for 1 hour blocks on average which is just overkill, you've got to be an idiot not to use turbobrops for island hopping in Indonesia or flights from Vientianne to Bankgok.

For those who like to perform comparisons, the E190 average fuel burns in hot and high airports such as MMMX or MHTG is around 2100 and 2400 kg/h for 1 block-hr and around 1800-1900 for trips exceeding 2 hours.
In MHTG its performance is really appalling and most of the time it must take off without any baggage at all. So considering the fuel burn mentioned by Interjet and its ability to take off fro MMMX speaks highly of this Russian beauty.

BTW, I use ICAO codes and metric system, sorry I am an international standards guy.

KarelXWB

Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks for the update Wayfarer515. I read somewhere that the first models were not reliable but that was obviously wrong.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

lollomz

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:02 am

Just to report about the first 10 SSJ delivered to Aeroflot and the difference of full specs:

On May 31, 2013, the first Sukhoi Superjet 100 in full specification was delivered to Aeroflot.

In 2005, JSC “Aeroflot” and JSC “Sukhoi Civil Aircraft” (SCAC) signed a contract for delivery of 30 Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft in standard specification – single class arrangement for 98 passenger seats. Later, the airline decided to improve the aircraft specifications including the arrangement, passenger cabin equipment, and avionics.

Some changes requested by Aeroflot required further aircraft modifications. In order to avoid delivery delays, the parties agreed that the first 10 SSJ100 would be delivered to Aeroflot in “light” specification and later replaced by aircraft in “full” contract specification (“full”).

The delivery of the first ten SJ100 aircraft is financed by VEB-leasing JSC as part of the financial lease agreement concluded with Aeroflot in 2009. The first Sukhoi Superjet 100 was delivered to Aeroflot by the Ulyanovsk branch of VEB-leasing JSC.

Full and light specifications differ in several respects. The full specification aircraft includes an upgraded Flight Management System (FMS) and a weather radar equipped with a wind direction detection function. Further, the full specification features additional video control cameras, separate lighting controls for both economy and business class and an additional working position for a flight attendant at the wall of option galley at the back of the aircraft. Individual gaspers over each passenger seat were also installed, thus improving passenger comfort. The full aircraft is equipped with three lavatories with diaper boards, and each three-seat-block in the cabin has an additional oxygen mask. Instead of three galleys, the aircraft contains four, one of which is equipped with two ovens. There is additional space to fit a flight baby cot.

There are several foreign and Russian airlines interested in buying Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft in light specification. Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company (SCAC) is planning to conclude, in the near future, contracts for delivery of this aircraft to new customers.

Sukhoi Superjet 100 with manufacture serial number 95025, delivered to Aeroflot, now has tail number RA-89014. Following a long-standing Aeroflot tradition, the aircraft was given a name – “Valery Sysovsky”. Sysovsky Valery Borisovich was part of the flight crew that operated the first IL-96 passenger flight–SU31– from Moscow to New York. He was a flight engineer, head of the flight standards department at Aeroflot-Russian Airlines, and was honored by the Russian Federation for his work in the transportation sector.
[url="http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collection/Lollomz"]Image[/url]

mandala499

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:38 am

Quoting ferpe (Reply 18):
Talked to what crew?

The SSJ crew.

Quoting Wayfarer515 (Reply 21):
Sky Aviation and Laos Central Airlines use the SSJ for 1 hour blocks on average which is just overkill, you've got to be an idiot not to use turbobrops for island hopping in Indonesia or flights from Vientianne to Bankgok.

Actually, for Sky, the average SSJ block is 1H15. The killer in Sky Aviation's SSJ use is actually the lack of RVSM capability of the company (not the crew, not the aircraft). They're wasting an extra $500 an hour in fuel burn alone because of it, despite the shorter sectors (based on FCOM numbers).
The SSJ based in BTH by Sky does fly a remote route which needs a jet (and part of the agreement with the local government). The competition with props pulled out.
You may call it "idiot", but here you got mainline jets flying the short routes too...

The only problem I have with the SSJ is the runway required for landing at MLW... 1600m in SL/30C/Dry... better than its competitors, but... still can't beat the mainliners on the runway performance.  

Wayfarer515

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:31 am

Hi mandala499, sorry for the "idiot" part of my comment regarding jet operations in Southeast Asia, I guess its just like in Latin America where for the flying public turboprops=old and jets=new.

Regarding the flight operations of Sky, why does it lack a license to fly on RVSM airspace? Since you are in the region I'd also like to know why they have not taken PK-ECN yet. AFAIK its been ready to go for quite some time in Zhukovsky, but apparently Sky has been the one not to take the delivery.

For Laos Central I know for certain they will not take the 2 other jets, as these are being now offered for Grozny Avia.

For the MLW distance, I do have access to the Airplane Operator's Manual of the SSJ, but my Russian is a bit rusty so I haven't been able to find more information about it, if I remember correctly it should be around 4900ft which is a bit shy of 1500m.

mandala499

Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:43 am

Quoting Wayfarer515 (Reply 25):

Hi mandala499, sorry for the "idiot" part of my comment regarding jet operations in Southeast Asia, I guess its just like in Latin America where for the flying public turboprops=old and jets=new.

No problems... it happens. Props used to try to go head to head with 40mins jet sectors here... even when it's a 737-200 vs ATR... the 737-200 wins in market choice...

Quoting Wayfarer515 (Reply 25):
Regarding the flight operations of Sky, why does it lack a license to fly on RVSM airspace? Since you are in the region I'd also like to know why they have not taken PK-ECN yet. AFAIK its been ready to go for quite some time in Zhukovsky, but apparently Sky has been the one not to take the delivery.

It's a company issue, they changed their Ops Spec from Part 135 (with large aircraft scheduled ops waiver for their F50s) based AOC to Part 121 based AOC when the SSJs arrived... then someone realized... "oops"... The focused on getting the full 121 AOC first prior to getting the RVSM in their ops spec.
As to the PK-ECN "lack of delivery", I cannot divulge much about it at the moment other than "it's a money issue".
And the landing distance at MLW is 1500m for 15C, 1600m for 33C temperature.
I guess you and me are probably the only 2 people with those manuals in this place!   

lollomz

Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Quote:
For Laos Central I know for certain they will not take the 2 other jets, as these are being now offered for Grozny Avia.

Hi, can you please tell me something more about this? My infos are that the second SSJ for Laos Central has been delivered the 28 August 2013.

Thank you.

Wayfarer515

Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi, RDPL-34195 (SN 95026) is the one currently flying the routes to and from Vientanne, Bangkok, and Lua Prabang
apparentlky was officially handed over to Laos Central Airlines at MAKS 2013.

RDPL-34196 (SN 95030) was officially handed over to Laos Central Airlines at MAKS 2013.However, the aircraft remains until today at Ulyanovsk, this aircraft has been since then on storage. This one has the full livery for Laos Central

RDPL-34197 (SN 95037) has already been completed including the Laos Central seating arrangement, however the livery was never completed in Laos Central colors and remains in a full white, this one is being offered to Grozny Avia.

Wayfarer515

Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi, RDPL-34195 (SN 95026) is the one currently flying the routes to and from Vientanne, Bangkok, and Lua Prabang
apparentlky was officially handed over to Laos Central Airlines at MAKS 2013.

RDPL-34196 (SN 95030) was officially handed over to Laos Central Airlines at MAKS 2013.However, the aircraft remains until today at Ulyanovsk, this aircraft has been since then on storage. This one has the full livery for Laos Central

RDPL-34197 (SN 95037) has already been completed including the Laos Central seating arrangement, however the livery was never completed in Laos Central colors and remains in a full white, this one is being offered to Grozny Avia.

Aviaponcho

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 am

Taken from a russian forum a while (at least 2 yars ago) I Had

(altitude not known, but probably optimum, neither temp)
44 t : SSJ 1810 kg/h, vs 1944 kg/h for E190
36 t : SSJ 1510 kg/h vs 1678 kg/h

So that's at the same weight +7 to +11 % percent for E-190

Factoring that the SSJ is lighter than E-190 (BOW Yakutia birds 8+85 = 27200 kg; BOw virgin australia E190 2008, 12+92 = 28070 kg)

Of course, the E-190 is bigger

tommy1808

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:27 am

Quoting aviaponcho (Reply 30):
Of course, the E-190 is bigger

both have room for 98 Y seats at 32" Pitch, so the difference might be small.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

ferpe
Topic Author

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 pm

These are pictures from the Superjet international site so should be taken with a grain of salt:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/ferpe_bucket/SSJcabin_zps0f9b5bb6.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/ferpe_bucket/SSJcabin2_zpsf9fbfeff.jpg

What it shows in that the SSJ is a comfortable 5 abrest (which also the trip report says) at it's 3.27m cabin width (Cseries 3.28m). As it is 6 m shorter then the 98 seat 4 abrest E-190 (2.74m wide cabin) it's lower weight should make sense. At E-190 the Embraer is well past the optimum finesse ratio (fuselage width to length around 10) at 11.4 , the SSJ is at 9 which is a tad stubby, this is good for weight but generates a bit more form drag then optimal. Good fuselage for stretch and passenger comfort.

[Edited 2013-12-09 12:09:02]
Non French in France

Wayfarer515

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Today SN 95038 destined for 4O was transferred to LIPZ for interior installation.

There are already 2 more airframes being personalized(95034 and 95036). That means its very likely 4O will get three more airframes before the end of year, I am sure they will get at least two of them ready before year's end.

Kudos to SCAC since they seem to begin to ramp up production. This will ensure the long term success of this project.
I also read in a Russian news site the government will buy at least 40 and up to 80 airframes for its internal transport services in the upcoming years.

ferpe
Topic Author

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:17 pm

It can be interesting to know that the 5 abrest DC-9/MD80-90 had a cabin width of 3.14m, it the SSJ and Cseries is 0.13m wider.
Non French in France

Wayfarer515

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:10 am

Hi, did mandala499 did Sky Aviation finally get permission to fly on RVSM airspace? I saw PK-ECM today @FL320, I think its the first time I've seen it on RVSM airspace.

BR.

mandala499

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Quoting Wayfarer515 (Reply 35):
Hi, did mandala499 did Sky Aviation finally get permission to fly on RVSM airspace? I saw PK-ECM today @FL320, I think its the first time I've seen it on RVSM airspace.

They've started RVSM trials, pending final approval for permanent RVSM capability... should be done by end of this month or middle of next month.

Wayfarer515

Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:15 am

Ok, its official, Lao Central Airlines will not get airframe SN 95037 which was previously registered as RDPL-34197. Now this airframe will go to Grozny Avia instead.

It is unknown at this time what will happen to airframe SN 95030, which until today still has registration RDPL-34196, from my sources this will probably be one of 2 airframes that will be handed over to Kyrgyzstan Air Company which today announced a contract for a total of 2 airframes. No official word on SCAC's website though, but the deal seems to all but closed.

I could only find a Russian (actually a Kyrgyzs one) site

http://www.vb.kg/doc/255484_aviakomp...pit_dva_samoleta_superjet_100.html

I feel sorry for Lao Central Airlines, but TBH with their current usage of RDPL-34195 it doesn't surprise me at all they haven't been able to make their LCC model to work. The plane barely flies 2 daily frequencies at most and not on a day to day basis.

Congrats to Kyrgyzstan Air Company who will be finally able to renew their fleet with a nice and cost efficient jet.

Wayfarer515

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Right now PK-ECN (SN 95031) is on its way to Indonesia, congrats to Sky Aviation.

This is the third SSJ in their fleet. Hope the best to their operation.

BR.

DDR

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:46 pm

This is a sexy looking aircraft. I hope that many airlines will order this jet.

RussianJet

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Here's hoping for a late blooming of the SSJ. It may not exactly be cutting-edge tech already, but if this reliability proves to be consistent in the long-tern then she could be a great little workhorse for some airlines.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

Wayfarer515

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:03 am

It does have some cutting edge technology only currently seen on the 787 or A380, and I know its wing design is comparable in complexity to the 787 wing, IIRC they even share similar aspect ratios.

lollomz

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Wayfarer, do you have a link to the Grozny Avia news? Thanks.

mandala499

Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Quoting Wayfarer515 (Reply 38):
Right now PK-ECN (SN 95031) is on its way to Indonesia, congrats to Sky Aviation.

About bloody time!!!!
Next question is... will they solve their crewing issues...   

Wayfarer515

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi llolomz, there are some links about this, but nothing official from SCAC as of yet, although this is a done deal and the first airplane will be transferred as early as January 2014 (apparently). SN 95037 which was previously registered as RDPL-34197 is already undergoing trial flights as we speak, SN 95030 yesterday flew to Smolensk, although the nature of this flight is unknown.

http://rupaper.com/post/1287

http://ch-aviation.ch/portal/news/23...livery-of-first-ssj100-by-year-end

In other news, it seems Moskovia's R-89021 has been wet-leased to RAM of Morocco for the rest of the Russian winter. Today it flew to Casablanca to start operations with RAM.

Wayfarer515

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:29 am

Ok, things are getting interesting here, apparently the lease of Moskovia's SSJ100 to Royal Air Maroc is part of a trial in order to make a tender for a number of aircraft in the 100 passenger range, apparently they are already trying 2 E190's and are now going to trial the SSJ100.

I only found a July 2013 link related to this, but after I made some inquiries it seems SCAC may negotiate a direct purchase order with RAM if the results of the trials are successful.

Here's the link I found in which they mention the tender and SSJ100 as one of the possible options:

http://www.theafricanaviationtribune...-royal-air-maroc-names-sukhoi.html

If anyone inside Morocco can provide more insight in the actual situation it will be very much appreciated.

mandala499

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Wayfarer,
PK-ECN landed at HLP this afternoon, delivered via CNX.
I'll see if I can get permission to put the photos here.

Wayfarer515

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:10 pm

That'd be great mandala499, thank you very much.

BTW, XA-ABM is now on its way to Mexico via Bangor, so there's a lot of movement in this part of year for the SSJ100.

lollomz

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:03 pm

I can't wait to see a SSJ with the RAM livery..... thanks for the infos.

Paolo92

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Today's flight CMN-TRN-CMN was scheduled as SU9 (SSJ100-95) but was cancelled for "operational" reasons.
Did RAM receive that Superjet already?
Each evening, stars come out their daylight hiding places... But one of those, will be my wingtip, passing over...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos