"WestJet and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (Canada) today pulled back the curtain on their most exciting adventure yet -- a custom-painted Boeing Next-Generation 737-800 series aircraft featuring Mickey Mouse in his most famous role, Sorcerer Mickey."
Image copyright(c) WestJet
Fun facts about the Magic Plane:
- The two sides of the aircraft are mirror images of each other in all aspects but one. We'll leave it to our guests to decide what that is!
- There are a total of 36 different paint colours on the aircraft.
- It took a team of 26 people 24 days working around the clock to paint the Magic Plane.
- The painting crew consumed more than 150 doughnuts over the 24 days.
- The painting crew consisted of people from four countries, five states, two provinces and 12 cities.
- The cookies that will be served on board are a special treat in the shape of Disney characters.
- Over the next five years, the Magic Plane will fly more than 400,000 guests a total of nearly eight million kilometres.
[Edited 2013-12-02 11:40:07]