Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyiguy
Topic Author

WN CEO Says NO To Inflight Calls!

Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Southwest Airlines CEO says if the FAA permits inflight calls that it will still not be allowed on SWA flights. Studies show that more than 60% would prefer not to allow passengers to have in flight calls, I totally agree.

Here's the link

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/1...wont-permit-in-flight-phone-calls/

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

srbmod

RE: WN CEO Says NO To Inflight Calls!

Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:59 pm

I know Delta has also said they would not allow them either and this likely may be the way most US carriers will go. It's not surprising either when you consider that the airlines with WiFi had VOIP and Skype blocked. Airlines aren't going to want to have to spend the money to install the necessary equipment to allow them (and get it certified for each different a/c type in their fleet), especially if it doesn't generate revenue for them.

OA412

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:28 pm

As a fairly frequent WN customer, I am glad to hear this. Never mind the expense of installing equipment, I'm really not interested in overhearing other people's obnoxious phone conversations during a flight.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

neutronstar73

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:29 pm

I agree with this! I really don't want to hear anyone yapping loudly on their phone about inane crap while I'm trying to escape for a little while. It's bad enough when, under the current rules, we have people on the phone while at the gate.

UA777lover

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Way to go Southwest! I love my phone, but for games and texting. Hope United does the right thing and follows suit.

PGNCS

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm no WN fan, but this is a great piece of news, and I am thrilled to hear their stance. Thanks WN!

hOMSaR

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:55 pm

And it didn't even take an act of congress to do.

Quoting srbmod (Reply 1):
It's not surprising either when you consider that the airlines with WiFi had VOIP and Skype blocked.

Is that due to "courtesy" reasons, or more because they don't want the limited bandwidth sucked up by a couple of users?
I was raised by a cup of coffee.

DfwRevolution

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Quoting flyiguy (Thread starter):
Southwest Airlines CEO says if the FAA permits inflight calls that it will still not be allowed on SWA flights. Studies show that more than 60% would prefer not to allow passengers to have in flight calls, I totally agree.

Disappointing. Obviously there are ample opportunities for cell phone chatters to disturb people around them. Yet somehow, we endure that every day at ground level. Enforcing basic manners and respect to fellow passengers should be left to the discretion of the flight attendants who can observe the situation.

A complete ban removes an opportunity for Southwest to cater to its strongest demographic: business travelers. My work requires I attend 2-3 teleconferences per day in which I am a listener 95% of the time. That would pose no unreasonable disturbance to anyone around me. Instead, it may be to my advantage to travel elsewhere.

[Edited 2013-12-14 13:05:42]
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

flyiguy
Topic Author

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Quoting DfwRevolution (Reply 7):

Disappointing. Obviously there are ample opportunities for cell phone chatters to disturb people around them. Yet somehow, we endure that every day at ground level. Enforcing basic manners and respect to fellow passengers should be left to the discretion of the flight attendants who can observe the situation.

A complete ban removes an opportunity for Southwest to cater to its strongest demographic: business travelers. My work requires I attend 2-3 teleconferences per day in which I am a listener 95% of the time. That would pose no unreasonable disturbance to anyone around me. Instead, it may be to my advantage to travel elsewhere.

Well with wifi and iMessage texting maybe your teleconferences will be able to accommodate you via TV wifi and messaging like a webinar?

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

LAXintl

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Surprising, as I would think SWA with its multiple short hop network serving many key business markets would be perfectly placed to offer and generate revenue from inflight calls.

But at the end of the day, the consumer will decide.

For example here in the California corridor, I would certainly opt to go with the carrier that allows me to stay connected and not be out of contact on my frequent journeys up and down the state. Hopefully someone like VX will have the foresight to embrace such technology ability imo.

On the macro scale, I see not offering such technology will put US carriers ever further behind the curve to the rest of the world. Many foreign carriers already today allow inflight phone use and I have yet to hear a single peep of negative comment about such offerings.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

einsteinboricua

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Quoting homsar (Reply 6):
Is that due to "courtesy" reasons, or more because they don't want the limited bandwidth sucked up by a couple of users?

I think the latter is more significant than the former. And I'm inclined to believe for security reasons as well.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

mercure1

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Why fight technology ?

Its been shown over and over to be a futile stance to take.

Consumer and enterprise technology along with needs are evolving.

Embrace change along with new capabilities, dont fight it.
mercure f-wtcc

AirCalSNA

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Another reason why Southwest is the best US domestic airline.

airliner371

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Very good news!

Instead, it may be to my advantage to travel elsewhere.

Now this is a guess on my part but my guess is all the major carriers are going to do the same. AA, UA, DL, WN, B6, AS are probably all going to ban inflight calls. Its the smaller carriers that may want to differentiate them selves where you may be allowed to, or, ULCCs that could find a way to charge for the service.

ltbewr

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:30 pm

One factor WN and other airlines may and should consider as to not allowing voice phone calls during flights is to prevent conflicts among pax which could mean more diversions, hassles and costs to airlines they can little afford.

Gr8Circle

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:38 pm

My work requires I attend 2-3 teleconferences per day in which I am a listener 95% of the time. That would pose no unreasonable disturbance to anyone around me. Instead, it may be to my advantage to travel elsewhere.

Unfortunately, a lot of people out there are not as thoughtful and sensitive as you are.....they will not show the same respect for people around them.....

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 9):
On the macro scale, I see not offering such technology will put US carriers ever further behind the curve to the rest of the world.

I see cell phone maniacs in the same light as smoking.....in a small, enclosed space like a plane cabin, where people cannot move away from the obnoxious generator of the smoke/noise, I think this is the right step......three cheers to WN!!

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 11):
Why fight technology ?

No one's fighting technology here.....majority of people would not want this nuisance while flying......

Tell that to the mindless morons who go on and on talking on their phones in public places with no respect towards others around them......if they collectively decide to keep their volumes down and recognise the rights of people around them to enjoy a quite and peaceful environment, we're absolutely okay with phones anywhere.....till then, this debate will go on.....

usflyguy

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Enforcing basic manners and respect to fellow passengers should be left to the discretion of the flight attendants who can observe the situation.

Yes, so you can come on here at a later date and bitch about how a flight attendant was so mean and on a "power grab" because she/he told you to quiet down or get off of the phone. I'm not sure if you have noticed or not, but passengers don't like to listen to flight attendants when it comes to things like seat belts and carry-on items, which have very specific rules that are not arbitrary like the volume of a phone call would be.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

ER757

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Quoting homsar (Reply 6):
And it didn't even take an act of congress to do.

Good point. This is how it should work - let the market decide, we don't need a law. Eventually it will become clear how the public feels by the load factors on call allowed vs. call not allowed airlines.

My work requires I attend 2-3 teleconferences per day in which I am a listener 95% of the time. That would pose no unreasonable disturbance to anyone around me.

You are in the small minority - most users wouldn't be listeners only

DeltaMD90

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Good. Carriers are free to allow them or not, and the reaction they get from passengers will dictate it. NOT Congress (hopefully the law they're trying to pass doesn't make it)

jetmatt777

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:30 pm

Just listen to the people talk on their phone in the boarding area and at the gate. If you enjoy listening to their voice, just wait until you are sitting next to them for 3 hours.

For some reason business travelers keep their volume up, if to make themselves seem important.

Also, you will have them talking much louder to compensate for the jet noise.

This is a no-win situation.

People on public transit share better manners, it's very rare on a bus or public train that people talk on their phone. If they do, it's usually rather quiet or they make it very quick.

Keep the phones off. I enjoy not being able to be in contact with people for a little while. It's excellent escape and excuse to not be communicating.

par13del

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:31 pm

A complete ban removes an opportunity for Southwest to cater to its strongest demographic: business travelers.

Watch it now, we all know that WN only caters to the lower income crowd.
Could not resist 
Enforcing basic manners and respect to fellow passengers should be left to the discretion of the flight attendants who can observe the situation.
Quoting ltbewr (Reply 14):
One factor WN and other airlines may and should consider as to not allowing voice phone calls during flights is to prevent conflicts among pax which could mean more diversions, hassles and costs to airlines they can little afford.

When you consider the amount of diversions for unruly pax - not a large number - but the high cost of a single diversion, imagine the increase in number when F/A's are unable to get pax to tone down their convo's or even terminate.

I don't think installation cost is much of a factor, just like Wi-Fi and IFE, those are almost basic on the majority of a/c.

longhauler

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Quoting AirCalSNA (Reply 12):
Another reason why Southwest is the best US domestic airline.

Hear hear!

It's funny that the airline that used to try to attract the lowest level of fare payer, is more and more setting the higher standard among US carriers!
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

eastern747

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Good for WN. It's bad enough we have to listen to the chatter in gate rooms. If it happens, I will be the first to play music out loud so the noisy person next to me can't hear anything. Their right....my right!!!! NOBODY is that important they need to talk 24/7.IMHO

LAXintl

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Why fight technology ?

Consumer and enterprise technology along with needs are evolving.

There were folks that opposed the light bulb, and those that opposed the car.

The time will come soon where we will all have our Google glasses on our faces, or maybe something even implanted in us, and ride to the airport in our self driving cars. Technology is happening so either get onboard, or get run over.

Travel today is dead time, and a loss of precious time. The opportunity to be fully connected allows people to win this time back. Whether its to catch up with the spouse, friends, make business calls, or participate in conference calls the impetus and value this creates is far greater than some concerns about noise or disturbance.

Just go look at how phones are used today on buses, trains, or actually how about all the foreign airlines that allow inflight phone use to see the great value in being able to better utilize this lost enroute dead time.
Remember time = $£¥€

usflyguy

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:51 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 23):
Whether its to catch up with the spouse, friends, make business calls, or participate in conference calls the impetus and value this creates is far greater than some concerns about noise or disturbance.

How enjoyable/productive will that "catch-up" conversation be when the person sitting right next to with their phone 6 inches from yours also having a "catch-up" conversation?

Don't kid yourself folks, even if the airlines do allow it, it will be over their systems and they will charge what they decide. If they decide to charge $6.99/minute, I would be all for it.... kind of like those old phones in the seat backs.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

par13del

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:52 pm

Many foreign carriers already today allow inflight phone use and I have yet to hear a single peep of negative comment about such offerings.

Well on a 9 hour flight across oceans - international travel - how many people are using the phone with the current charges?
Now imagine a transcon in the USA, flight can be just as long but it is domestic, folks especially the younger generation who at present are forced to play games on their phone or Ipad, I could see them on the phone for most of the flight.
There is a reason why every airport waiting area's are now filled with charging stations for phones and laptops, everyone wants to stay connected and if it can be done in the air, why would the useage be any different from on the ground?
Primary difference is that the airplane is much more congested with not much space to move around and avoid the conversations.

RayChuang

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:52 pm

I agree with this stance. Texting I'd allow, but real calls? No thank you!

silentbob

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:54 pm

A couple issues with that:
1. I don't have to sit 18 inches from someone (or two people if I am in a middle seat) making phone calls.
2. Flight attendants can't enforce basic manners and common courtesy now, why add in another new way for some people to create problems?
3. We constantly see flight attendants criticized in the media and on this site for enforcing their carrier rules or FAA regulations, I don't think many people would agree on what was acceptable in this case.

Quoting flyiguy (Thread starter):
Studies show that more than 60% would prefer not to allow passengers to have in flight calls, I totally agree.

With it being only 60-something percent, it will only be a matter of time before public opinion swings the other way. Especially, as was already noted, the people most likely to be in favor of it are the ones usually paying higher fares.

seabosdca

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:56 pm

For example here in the California corridor, I would certainly opt to go with the carrier that allows me to stay connected and not be out of contact on my frequent journeys up and down the state.

And I'll choose the carrier that doesn't force me to listen to people "staying connected" for the entire duration of my 5-hour transcon.

Why fight technology ?

To maintain our sanity.

the impetus and value this creates is far greater than some concerns about noise or disturbance.

On the contrary, your benefit is marginal -- particularly on a short intra-California trip -- but the disturbance you're creating affects 150 people.

Just go look at how phones are used today on buses, trains,

It's the worst thing about riding the bus or train. Thank goodness for the quiet car on Acela.

ssteve

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:09 am

Darn.

If I'm in zone C and get a middle seat, and those buggers on either side of me both steal an armrest, I'd hope to torture them with a nice loud phone call. Maybe discuss skin disease or gastrointestinal illness.

Kidding!

mercure1

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:11 am

Quoting par13del (Reply 25):
Well on a 9 hour flight across oceans - international travel - how many people are using the phone with the current charges?
Quoting usflyguy (Reply 24):
If they decide to charge $6.99/minute

Its actually can be quite cheap.

On Air France for instance which is available on some of the Airbus narrow body fleet and also on a pair of 777s so far, charges are billed as roaming feature to your regular bill, so its whatever your home mobile carrier charges, not the airline decide pricing. In Europe most roaming charges are very low, or capped by law so its not a big price at all.

There are several companies with inflight mobile technology and big name airline using them from Emirates, Singapore, Virgin Atlantic, Turkish, Qatar, Malaysia, etc. I read soon Lufthansa will also offer on 70 longhaul aircraft.

I think it be be shame if US airlines cannot match products of foreign competitors. World is trending to more travel connectivity, not living in metal cocoon for so many hours.
mercure f-wtcc

Braniff747SP

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:11 am

I still don't get the aversion to this.

This is no different than a call on a train or a bus. As long as someone isn't being overly loud, then I don't see a problem.

It'd be expensive enough to discourage long calls anyway.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

GentFromAlaska

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:30 am

Here's a revenue generation idea for WN or any other carrier. Why not reserve the last four our five rows on both sides of the aisle for those pax who know they'll want to talk in flight and corral them very much like they use to smoking seats back in the day. And sell those seats for $5.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

airliner371

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:34 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 32):
Why not reserve the last four our five rows on both sides of the aisle for those pax who know they'll want to talk in flight and corral them very much like they use to smoking seats back in the day. And sell those seats for $5.

Because even if its just 5 seats, a lot of people are gonna hear them even in the middle and front of the plane.

silentbob

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:36 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 32):

Here's a revenue generation idea for WN or any other carrier. Why not reserve the last four our five rows on both sides of the aisle for those pax who know they'll want to talk in flight and corral them very much like they use to smoking seats back in the day. And sell those seats for $5.

Can we also resurrect the Cone of Silence from the old "Get Smart" TV series and put that around those seats?

BD338

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:46 am

Excellent news.

The inane mindless chatter of some loudmouth discussing intimate personal details or family gossip is not my idea of a fun flight, and to all those that say it is a boon for business folks should bear in mind that smart business folks NEVER discuss detailed business, confidential or sensitive matters or clients in public so I could imagine they would not be making on board calls, (except the inane chatter version to 'look important') it's a great time for me to email, catch up on report reading/writing, spreadsheets etc. Most flights last no longer than many meetings and I hope people aren't making cellphone calls in meetings.

Now, I've had the (dis)pleasure of sitting near many un-smart business folks in the boarding area detailing all sorts of sensitive info, including one memorable moment where a guy turned around, after disclosing his entire price/negotiation strategy with a client (of which I was on the client team), to realize I was sat smiling right behind him. That was quite a sight.

seabosdca

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:54 am

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 30):
I think it be be shame if US airlines cannot match products of foreign competitors. World is trending to more travel connectivity, not living in metal cocoon for so many hours.

If the US airline has a nice quiet cabin, and the foreign airline has 200 people in the cabin yapping away on their phones, I'll pay quite a bit more to take the US airline.

"Travel connectivity" is easily achievable without causing insanity among fellow passengers through texts, email, chat, or whatever other sound-free medium you like.

[Edited 2013-12-14 16:55:41]

delta88

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 am

Trying not to deviate too much, why not have a "cell section", a seating section where people may pay a small fee, and just simply curtains or something of that sort to block it off, just like a Smoking Section. I dont know how easy this may be, but it is a simply idea. Have a section, say in the back or midsection, where people can talk all they want, in their own section. Just a suggestion, personally id rather have no cell talking at all, people forget that other people are around them, but to each his own.
B712,B738,B739,B752,B762ER,B763ER,B772ER,MD82,MD83,MD88,MD90,A320,CRJ9,CRJ2,EMJ145,ERJ175

GentFromAlaska

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:25 am

Quoting airliner371 (Reply 33):
Because even if its just 5 seats, a lot of people are gonna hear them even in the middle and front of the plane.

A sound proof bulkhead could easily be installed which would create a buffer of sorts. The revenue collected would pay for it .
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

LAXintl

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:30 am

Quoting seabosdca (Reply 36):
If the US airline has a nice quiet cabin, and the foreign airline has 200 people in the cabin yapping away on their phones,

Like 200 people are going to be on the phone at once.

You are more likely to have 200 people in conversation with each other onboard.

Just like WiFi take up rates which is in the single digits, the use of mobile phones would still be quite the rare event, and even then it likely would be rather brief time frame.

allegiantflyer

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:50 am

I wonder if Airlines should install a "Phone Section" similar to a smoking section but people in that section are allowed to talk on the phone without disturbing others.

BOOM

million dollar idea.

seabosdca

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:56 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 39):
Just like WiFi take up rates which is in the single digits, the use of mobile phones would still be quite the rare event, and even then it likely would be rather brief time frame.

If the service remains expensive, sure.

If it is available at ordinary roaming rates, then the scene on the plane will be just like the scene in the boarding area, where half the people are on their phones. Yes, the other half are talking to each other, but people in in-person conversations usually do a much better job of modulating their voices.

[Edited 2013-12-14 17:56:59]

TwoSixLeft

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 am

Why fight technology ?

You seem to suggest that technology evolves without us and that we have no choice on how/where it is used. I don't agree. Many technologies have made our lives immeasurably easier, more comfortable, and more interesting, but that doesn't mean that we should not have power over when and where they are best used. A crowded airplane cabin is not a place where cell phones should be used, in the interest of the comfort of most passengers.

Quoting silentbob (Reply 34):
Can we also resurrect the Cone of Silence from the old "Get Smart" TV series and put that around those seats?

And say no to shoe phones on commercial a/c!
NX37602. "Well, the airplane seems to be fairly successful."

ridgid727

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 am

Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 18):
Good. Carriers are free to allow them or not, and the reaction they get from passengers will dictate it. NOT Congress (hopefully the law they're trying to pass doesn't make it)

Hopefully they will have Cell Phone Talk Sections, and non cell phone talk sections kinda like they days of Smoking & non smoking. Then all those who find it necessary to talk on the phone while in flight, can be in their own dedicated areas. would be best to take the last four or five rows for dedicated cell phone talk, and assign seats in those areas to talkers.

bjorn14

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:51 am

This could even turn into a future flight attendant contract issue because they won't want to take the abuse of being enforcers. It's not only the talking but all the ringtones going off during the flight that will be annoying as hell because now everybody knows you can talk on the plane. I love to tell people I won't be available for a few hours and there is nothing they can do about it.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

StuckInCA

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:59 am

People on phones would be less annoying than cats and dogs. That's the one I can't understand.

Flighty

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:26 am

I see no problem with cell phones. As long as other passengers are given cattle prods to shock noisy people until quiet returns.

Max Q

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:08 am

I would rather sit next to someone smoking a cigarette than listen to their inane phone conversation
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

Indy

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:08 am

The problem with allowing cell phones in flight is that it takes just one rude person to start a chain reaction. You get someone talking loudly so the next person has to speak up. Now the noise level has picked up enough that more and more people are speaking up to be heard. It is how a quiet room becomes noisy. People unknowingly will talk over someone else in order to be heard. I think it is an unconscious response to a noise problem.

Ever been in a crowded and small Delta Sky Club? They can get pretty noisy. It is the same people that would be creating the noise in flight. And they would be doing it in a lot less space. Too bad there isn't a feature that could automatically disconnect a call if the person's volume reached a certain level.

I'm not sure why we are even debating this. Some people just want everyone around them to hear how important they are. We've all heard it waiting to board a flight or waiting for the cabin door to close. Some people just believe they are more important than they really are and they ruin it for everyone else. If human nature was for us to be considerate of others than I'd think differently. Unfortunately people are inherently selfish.
IND to RDU to OKC in 18 months. This is what my life has become.

birdbrainz

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:53 am

It seems to me that all of the posts deal with individuals who chatter like magpies.

I'm definitely not one of them, but I can think of two scenarios in which a considerate person might need to place or answer a short call:

1. Somebody phones them. Specifically, a colleague, loved one, my kid's school, or in my case, ex-wife needs to communicate/clarify something urgent. They have no idea you're on an airplane. All they know if your phone is ringing. A one-minute call is not in the same league as a chatterbox. Maybe it's my credit card's fraud detection department trying to help me figure out why my card stopped working.

2. Perhaps I need to quickly clarify or ask for something with a colleague and don't have their cell number (which I don't for most of my colleagues). I can't text them. Once again, it's a 30-sec call. It's funny in that we now allow those as long as the door is open. So how do we propose to handle that?

Isn't it a little extreme to ban these if you're going to allow the other phone functions?

Also, are we going to tell everyone to silence their ringers? Those can be just as annoying as the conversation.

If it were up to me, I'd personally just leave the ban in place. Get rid of the ban and you have all kinds of issues.
A good landing is one you can walk away from. A great landing is if the aircraft can be flown again.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos