LAXintl
Topic Author

Turkish Aviation January 2014

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:48 am

Happy 2014 to everyone !      

While I could spend much time looking back at 2013 and events in Turkish aviation, I think two things standout for me.

2013 was both a record year in tourism arrivals to Turkey along with record setting passenger traffic at multiple airports across the country. It was the year all the talk of a new Istanbul airport developed into firm plans with awarding of a contract.

We should start to hear about the passenger counts in next month or two, and hopefully we should see ground broking at the much needed new airport during the first quarter of 2014.

Anyhow, lets move on with a few bits of news to get January started.

TK the last few days of 2013 had several stock market announcements:
o Exercised option of 7 A321NEO aircraft for 2018 delivery. These were part of its March 2013 Airbus order
o Announced that Varna Bulgaria and Cotonou in Benin will join the network
o 2014 budget approved; expects fleet size to grow to 267, 259 destinations to be served, and targeting 59.5mil enplanements.

In other Turkish aviation news:
o Malaysia Airports purchased additional 20% stake in Sabiha Gokcen airport for €225 million. They now hold 60% of the airport. Turkish firm Limak, owns remaining 40%
o Rumored that the VIP A330-200 named "Fatih" will join in February.
o Turkey-Israel managed to clear up their "security" concerns which will allow Israeli carriers back to Turkey for the first time since 2009.
o Pegasus is moving its Brussels operation from Zaventem to Charleroi effective March 30, 2014. (interesting - reverse of what Ryanair is doing, by moving from CRL to BRU).
o Sun Express will commence from Hannover, Leipzig and Stuttgart to Malta starting June. It was previously mentioned Sun Express would seek to grow by connecting Germany to markets other than Turkey.

I wish 2014 provides everyone with good health, happiness and lots of success in your individual endeavours.

Now lets get started   
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

tozbek

RE: Turkish Aviation January 2014

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:14 am

By the way, we are still waiting THY'se engine choice for A320ceo/A320neo mix order. Pegasus signed with CFMI so what will be the next? Also some information about THY's 2014 plan: http://kokpit.aero/turkish-airlines-lot-787-2014-plans

gokmengs

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 am

Happy new year to all.
Great news for TK with excersizing options. Need planes for this kind of growth. I became elite plus just few days ago, didn't really see what the difference from regular elite is, anyone have any experience with this membership level?

Quoting LAXintl (Thread starter):

Do you have any new info/links as to developments for the new govt jet. Anything would help.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

ist2014

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:05 am

Hello all,
I was following this page for the past 6 years, finally I decided to be a member.
I would like to open bellow issue @ TK 2014 Budget :

It says 54 wide body fleet (54 is available at Q3 presentation as well), so lets go to details:

340 = 7
332 = 18 (8 current+2 GF to be delivered+ 8 new lease announced)
333 = 17 (12 current + 5 to be delivered)
777 = 16 (12 current+ 4 to be delivered, exc 9W)
Total = 58 (exc 9 W)
so what does it mean ? earlier 340 phase-out or over acheivement of budget (332 lease was snot included at budget)
any information ?
and one more question, what is the future of 9W 777 (77A)

PS: TK 878, you are missed    

teahan

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:19 am

o Announced that Varna Bulgaria and Cotonou in Benin will join the network

Good news for Varna. Is there any further information on this?
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

TK105

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:19 am

Happy new year.

Thanks for the new thread.

Quoting gokmengs (Reply 2):
I became elite plus just few days ago, didn't really see what the difference from regular elite is, anyone have any experience with this membership level?

3 important privileges (4 for ESB travelers):

- TK always guarantees you a seat on any flight you want (price is another matter of course). Particularly important for business travelers.

- TK provides you 2 free upgrades each year (regardless of the sector you fly, be it IST-EZE or any other).

- TK provides you more baggage allowance

- TK welcomes you to Business Class Domestic Lounge at IST (important for me as I always connect to ESB). For Elite and Classic Plus, you have another Domestic Lounge at IST.

By the way, I see some slow down on decisions and actions of DHMI lately, which used to be very impulsive. Both 2nd Run Way Prj at SAW and Tarmac Enlargement at IST is going very slow or no action at all. I find it very strange!
The future is in the skies.

OA260

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:50 am

Happy New Year everyone. I look forward to following TK's progress this year with interest as I have been for the last 15 or so years   From end of March we get 12 weekly out of DUB and expecting more.

I became elite plus just few days ago, didn't really see what the difference from regular elite is, anyone have any experience with this membership level?

You also get access to the pleasant arrivals lounge which I have to say is nice. Hopefully they will extend the opening hours to maybe 14:00.

emrecan

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:00 am

Happy New Year Dear Netters 
Had a great flight to DEL last month on a TK 777 Comfort Class which I had a chance to use wi-fi during my flight. It was really great to send inflight pictures to friends  

pilotaydin

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:24 am

Hello there and happy new year! 2013 was a good year for TK and myself also. I had the chance to upgrade as a commander onto the A320 series, I am very pleased with the aircraft. After having flown the A330 and A340 for many years the smaller bus is just as great. I have many great routes this month, tonight is Ashgabat hopefully I will try to get some pics uploaded with some trip reports from the cockpit...

This year TK will be seeing many great achievements hopefully our EFB will kick off on most aircraft towards the end of the year. We have many great new routes. It is amazing to see how far TK have come in the last few years, specifically with use of marketing and the internet to reach out to customers.

Yesterday I flew to Misrata it was a nice visual approach, I enjoy flying to small airports as such rather than frankfurt london paris because I get the chance to meet new people in different parts of the world and fly visually too.

I believe this year will be profitable for Turkish Aviation, I do wish that the quality of the flight schools would be monitored and increased because some people graduating from there are SERIOUSLY under par....

IYI SENELER!
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

ist2014

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Is there any information about inside (C,Y) of ex-Gulf A332 and new 8 A332s to be leased ? I wonder whether they are better than A340 or not ? From range perspective, I think A332 can fly all destination of A 343 except for GRU (perhaps we will see 777 again)

I saw lot 787 wet lease news at different international sources  

LAXintl
Topic Author

Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Quoting tozbek (Reply 1):
we are still waiting THY'se engine choice for A320ceo/A320neo mix order.

I wonder if the P&W - Turkish Technic MRO venture formed in 2013 will maybe push them to the GTF? Suppose Technic can become a regional service center for the GTF.

Otherwise, TK already overhauls the CFM so that would be a low risk choice as well.

I became elite plus just few days ago

Congrats !

You certainly have been busy flying since moving your longhaul business over from DL.

At some point I'd be curious to see your opinions about TK product and service after so many years of being elite with someone else.

Quoting IST2014 (Reply 3):
I was following this page for the past 6 years, finally I decided to be a member.

Welcome. We are always glad to have additional participants.

Quoting IST2014 (Reply 3):
I would like to open bellow issue @ TK 2014 Budget :

Some more info from the budget.

TK expects its system wide ASKs to grow 21% over 2013 levels.

Growth in following markets:
Domestic: 33%
Latin Am: 29%
Africa: 25%
Far East: 22%
North Am: 20%
Europe: 16%
Mid East: 13%

Much of this growth is due to arrival of many widebodies, and arrival of larger narrowbodies like the A321.

Also TK agreed with its main union Hava-Is on base wage terms through end of 2015. Employees will gain two 3% cost of living raises. In addition a one time bonus payment of 5,500.-TL will be made.

Quoting teahan (Reply 4):
Good news for Varna. Is there any further information on this?

It was only announced end of last week in a regulatory filing. I suspect we will see it formally published schedule in the coming month or two.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 6):
From end of March we get 12 weekly out of DUB and expecting more.

Virtually double daily in nice. Make it easier for you on your frequent trips.

Quoting pilotaydin (Reply 8):
I had the chance to upgrade as a commander onto the A320 series,

Congratulations again.

Rapid expansion at TK provides growth opportunities for employees like yourself, and also an ever more diverse network to visit.

Quoting IST2014 (Reply 9):
I saw lot 787 wet lease news at different international sources

Seems they are still only "talking". Have not seen anything formal from TK about having agreed to the wet lease.

Quoting IST2014 (Reply 9):
Is there any information about inside (C,Y) of ex-Gulf A332 and new 8 A332s to be leased ?

The GF birds seat capacity will be 272 (24C248Y) a bit more than then the regular TK A332s.
Also from a technical specification the max weights on the aircraft are also slightly lower than the TK 332s so I dont think they will be pushed as far in the longhaul network.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

HB-IWC

Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:40 pm

TK060/061 IST KUL IST will gradually be increased in frequency, from the current 4 weekly, first to 6 weekly by the end of March and then to daily at the end of April.

SKY1

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:44 am

Quoting emrecan (Reply 7):
Had a great flight to DEL last month on a TK 777 Comfort Class which I had a chance to use wi-fi during my flight

Since you raise the subject, is it already known when --sadly-- TK is going to retrofit the first 77W removing the Comfort Class ...I'd like to fly IST-HKG before Comfort Class go away
Time flies! Enjoy life!

ist2014

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:08 am

Dear Laxint,
Thank u very much for answer, do you have any info about inside of GF332 as well, flat bed @ C , entertainment etc ?
I remember that you have posted top routes, LF%; feeding cities, etc, It will be very useful if you share updated numbers
Thank u

Steelyman

Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:26 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 12):
Since you raise the subject, is it already known when --sadly-- TK is going to retrofit the first 77W removing the Comfort Class ...I'd like to fly IST-HKG before Comfort Class go away

No, it is known that new 77W ones which will arrive as of this year will not have Comfort, but no info regarding retrofitting actual 77C ones.
BRGDS, Mike

Turkish777X

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:15 am

Quoting IST2014 (Reply 13):
Dear Laxint,
Thank u very much for answer, do you have any info about inside of GF332 as well, flat bed @ C , entertainment etc ?
I remember that you have posted top routes, LF%; feeding cities, etc, It will be very useful if you share updated numbers
Thank u

I know that 2 of TKs coming A332 birds will be equipped with Lumexis IFE according to officials from Lumexis, who I contacted earlier this year.

The first GF332 does not feature flat bad seats, also the IFE is rather old. Think the other will be better, since they have been delayed for so long now.

Turkish777X

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Does anybody know why their Kathmandu flight always is delayed about 2,5h each time? Is it related to runway issues in Kathmandu?

ist2014

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 pm

any news on Manila & SFO

bahadir

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:48 pm

I believe this year will be profitable for Turkish Aviation, I do wish that the quality of the flight schools would be monitored and increased because some people graduating from there are SERIOUSLY under par....

I have no idea what you are talking about. All of those kids pass their EASA/JAA exams with flying colors and they are so good on their DLR exams  

/sarcasm
Earthbound misfit I

SKY1

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:57 am

Quoting Steelyman (Reply 14):
it is known that new 77W ones which will arrive as of this year will not have Comfort, but no info regarding retrofitting actual 77C ones

TK will remove all the Confort Class,

Quoting businesstraveller.com:
New planes delivered from Boeing will be configured for business and economy only (Turkish does not offer first class) while existing B777-300ERs will be retrofitted
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-to-remove-premium-economy-seating

So, I assume it will be done on the scheduled maintenance work for the TK's existing 777 fleet
Time flies! Enjoy life!

timpdx

Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:35 am

too bad about econ comfort. I fly IST-LAX in a few hours and may buy the upgrade, the product is realllly nice.

Why didn't TK market the product better? There is no option to upgrade to EC on the website, you have to do it at the counter.
Flown 2018: LAX, ARN, DXB, ALA, TAS, UCG, ASB, MYP, GYD, TBS, KUT, BER, TLS, SVO, CCF, DUB, LGW, MEX, BUR, PDX, ORD, SLC, SNA
Upcoming 2018: STL, MIA, BZE, IAH, BHM, LHR, DFW, PHX

SKY1

Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:44 am

Quoting timpdx (Reply 20):
There is no option to upgrade to EC on the website, you have to do it at the counter.

How much does TK charge at the counter?
Time flies! Enjoy life!

timpdx

Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 am

coming here it Istanbul they were asking US$330. I hope its cheaper at the airport here going back to the States in Turkish Lira.
Flown 2018: LAX, ARN, DXB, ALA, TAS, UCG, ASB, MYP, GYD, TBS, KUT, BER, TLS, SVO, CCF, DUB, LGW, MEX, BUR, PDX, ORD, SLC, SNA

SKY1

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:02 am

$330? umm ... thanks for the input. It is only a bit less than make a booking on the own Turkish Airlines web-site.

I hope this Confort Class keep a few years more before the last 777 can be retrofited only with more Standard Economy and Business Class seats.
Time flies! Enjoy life!

timpdx

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:04 am

From old Flyertalk threads, I gathered they wanted about $200 in the past...a decent deal on a 13+ hr segment. But $330 is kinda the pain point for me paying on my own dime. 9Y on the 777 is not that bad at all in regular Y.

gokmengs

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:17 am

Quoting TK105 (Reply 5):
Quoting OA260 (Reply 6):

Thanks for the replies guys. 2 free upgrades are for sure great.

Quoting laxintl (Reply 10):
At some point I'd be curious to see your opinions about TK product and service after so many years of being elite with someone else.

Thanks. Yes big change for me switching to TK from DL for my US-IST flying. Actully used * Alliance (mostly LH) for my US EU flying as well. After almost 2 years of flying I have a lot of opinions about TK and now that I woke up unexplainably early I will give it a shot 
I am very happy I switched to TK for my US IST flying, almost regret that I made the switch so late. After DL going seasonal on the route it made my choice so easy and am I glad I made the switch
Pros:
1) 80 to 90 percent of my flying was in J and rest on Comfort class, and I think the product on TK777's can't be compared with DL, the seat the service years ahead (this is before DL installed flat beds on 767's)
2) Food on TK is great especially flying out of IST. The wifi is a huge plus for me. Being online for the length of the flight is priceless.
3)IST Lounge is amazing, makes you want to be at at the airport early.
4) J seat is excellent, for the few times I flew comfort I found that seat to be very comfy as well.
5) Being in * Alliance is great, for my few trips out of NYC to EU I used LH and although I like TK product much better having tons of options within the alliance is great.
Cons:
I feel TK lacks improvement in areas that doesn't require a ton of work, but makes a world of a difference to fliers.
1) Website is not near DL Levels, kind of antiquated, this goes for the whole IT dept. A better website and a better app is needed pronto.
2)Training of the staff from FA's to ground staff is lacking. Where you end up with very inconsistent service on different flights and different days at the airport.
3) Related to point 2, the ground staff is very bad in using the proper techniques and requirements to board aircraft on many occasions. Everyone boards at the same time and J pax and Elite customers are very often frustrated with this.
4)Last but not least, I've been going back and forth with this with TK a lot. Cabin Temp! I mean I know I like a cooler temp than most others but most flights the A/C is warmed up like a hamam   I emailed or tweeted TK so many times or gotten into heated discussions with FA's on flights about this. TK claims their ac is set to be at 23 degrees, yet I photographed on settings panel of the 777 a temperature setting of 26 on some flights and reported this to TK and I got bonus miles as an apology. I don't want the miles I just want a comfortable temp where you are not boiling during flights.

Long story short I am generally very satisfied with my switch to TK. Just got back to IST from PRG and flight was great, food is in excess. I sometimes wonder what a normal US legacy flying FF would think of it when they fly TK on a short intra EU flight. Seriously I find it almost incredible. Don't have much experience flying the likes of LH, BA, AF intra EU so I don't know how the food compares with them.

Hi Aydin congrats on the new type!
This is the kind of statement that scares me and with massive growth I always question the quality of the talent up front and this matters to me and TK a lot. TK especially and the rest of the Turkish Aviation industry cannot take this issue lightly. No one should feels safer flying a US airline or LH for example compared to flying TK. I don't want to open up a can of worms but TK should never ever have an incident like they had in AMS.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but don't get a chance/time to write here much and I truly want to contribute more.
Best of luck to all.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

ist2014

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:08 am

considering wb metal shortage and LF:

add MNL to HKG considering groud time or
add MNL to BKK and combine Saygon and KUL route

I 've always considered it but i do not know why not

ist2014

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:13 am

B788 would be a great machine for TK for thin LH routes or add frequency (2nd daily to ORD, LAX) or far east, but as far as I know not considered because of size, strange for me  

bahadir

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:55 am

Quoting gokmengs (Reply 25):
Hi Aydin congrats on the new type!
This is the kind of statement that scares me and with massive growth I always question the quality of the talent up front and this matters to me and TK a lot. TK especially and the rest of the Turkish Aviation industry cannot take this issue lightly. No one should feels safer flying a US airline or LH for example compared to flying TK. I don't want to open up a can of worms but TK should never ever have an incident like they had in AMS.

This has got not much to do with the massive growth, compared to the Turkish way of doing things. The problem starts from the grassroots of aviation. I can write a book about what is wrong with the Turkish aviation education system. One has to understand that aviation didn't advance in last 10-15 years in Turkey; airlines did..without a solid foundation..
Earthbound misfit I

Turkish777X

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:59 am

Just got back to IST from PRG and flight was great, food is in excess. I sometimes wonder what a normal US legacy flying FF would think of it when they fly TK on a short intra EU flight. Seriously I find it almost incredible. Don't have much experience flying the likes of LH, BA, AF intra EU so I don't know how the food compares with them.

Flew FRA to NCE and later also CDG, both on LH and AF you only get a chocolate or small bread with a small drink in a plastic cup - that's all

Not to be compared with my ESB to IST sectors I flew last year.

HB-IWC

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:43 am

Quoting ist2014 (Reply 26):
add MNL to HKG considering groud time or
add MNL to BKK and combine Saygon and KUL route

The HKG route is doing fine just stand alone, so why add cost for no additional revenue by tagging MNL? I could see a tag to the KUL flight, for sure now that that one is about to go daily.

ist2014

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:26 pm

i think we will see 787,350,77x in future (2020 ) ibut 380 or other vla does not seem necessary for me (except some routes due to limited bilaterals)
name of the game should be frequency for TK at major routes,rather than capacity

Turkish777X

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Quoting ist2014 (Reply 31):
ibut 380 or other vla does not seem necessary for me (except some routes due to limited bilaterals)

I can see quite some routes like: JFK, YYZ, YUL, HKG, PVG, PEK, DEL, MUM where they could deploy their A388 in the future. It is just a time of question in my opinion.

timpdx

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:18 pm

No chance to get Y+ as we are oversold. But there is (slow as heck) free wifi. So about to head out over the Baltic on TK 009 and posting this from 9750m up in the sky. Did I mention before that 9 across in Y onthe 77W is decent, but cannot imagine EK at 10Y. Yikes

[Edited 2014-01-04 05:21:05]

TK105

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Don't have much experience flying the likes of LH, BA, AF intra EU so I don't know how the food compares with them.
Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 29):
Flew FRA to NCE and later also CDG, both on LH and AF you only get a chocolate or small bread with a small drink in a plastic cup - that's all

Not to be compared with my ESB to IST sectors I flew last year.

I did fly on LH, KL, LO lately both on C & Y. TK's European and even domestic flights are years ahead with AVOD, Flying Chef, etc on 321s and 739s. I think we will continue seeing TK as Best Airline in Europe on Skytrax for more years.

Concerning inconsistent FA service, I observe that flying chefs improved the situation.

The only lacking issue is the ground experience, especially before and during boarding. I think TK can improve the experience with new ideas such as having some snacks and drinks at the boarding waiting area for long distance flights originating from IST. For example I had such an opportunity at inaugural TK33 flight which let's you aboard with a smile.

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p682/UmutAydinOrtana/TK33Gate_zpsea8231f5.jpg
The future is in the skies.

timpdx

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:41 pm

IST was a mess. What a major cluster f. THY great airline, awful, just awful, airport. I had stand and eat my food this morning, people were sitting all over the place on the dirty floor. Turkey cannot wait 1 second to start replacing IST. Worst airport I have experienced in a long time. Even Yangon domestic had services at the gate. Tons of duplicate useless security and checks. Its like they are making an employment program out of checking in. Aargh.

ist2014

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:48 pm

There were roumors about 77F for the past 2 years but never materialized
Does it justify to have 310F with 2 examples left only (crew, maintanance etc)

pilotaydin

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 16):

The Kathmandu flight is always delayed because the time that was allocated is basically the time of day where there is the highest chance of fog. There is a fix planned for this situation, it should be implemented already.
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

ist2014

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:34 pm

One qfuestion to u pilot aydin
Do u fly on all 319-321 or only one of series, how it is at TK
Same question for 330-340
Thank u

ist2014

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:26 am

can 788 do IST-SYD non stop with some reasonable penalty.
if yes, LOT 788 wet lease could be deployed

TK773ER

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 am

Happy New Year to everyone here at Turkish Aviation Thread, Here is a photo of a 787 in TK colours just scroll down http://trfleetnews.blogspot.com.au/s...0%3A00%2B02%3A00&max-results=4 I'm starting to think this lease looks like it's going to happen but one frame only if I'm not mistaken ?

ist2014

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:48 am

as per CH aviation, it will be for one fame which will be delivered in Mar-April 2014.
1frame does not make sesnse for me, unless to start SYD route (3 weekly) or testing machine

TK773ER

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:24 am

[q1frame does not make sesnse for me, unless to start SYD route (3 weekly) or testing machine

Same here i don't know where TK would use this one frame ? I would cross out SYD or MEL 787 won't have the legs to make it here non stop, But is TK testing a 250 to 280 seat market which has a 14,000 to 15,000 range to newer markets like MEX CCS BOG HAV ? But even that with one frame they won't be testing new markets rather testing the 787 just my 2 cents

[Edited 2014-01-05 03:34:15]

ist2014

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:35 am

can 332 or 333 do CCS or Havana

TK773ER

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:45 am

Quoting ist2014 (Reply 43):

I think the 332 can but the 333 would be pushing it the distance is about 9740
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...stanceresult.html?p1=107&p2=58 cheers ....

ist2014

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:48 am

how is interior of JNA-JNE, is there plans for refurbishing within next 2 years, there will be around 10 years within the 2 years.
Time is flying!
I remember signing ceromony in Istanbul @ Nato summit in 2004

ist2014

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:43 pm

what is range of TK's 320 & 321 s. i remember 3350 KM at web page and skylife but later they decided do not share range data. 320s are flying to KBL and 321 s to some CIS cities (Bishkek, Tashkent and Dushanbe)
is it possible with 3350 KM.

ist2014

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:59 pm

it seems that 343 will still be needed for central and Sout america operation due to range issue of 333 and to some extent 332s. a pitty
77w will be too big for these new routes

Turkish777X

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Unbelievable, TK swapping the 777W on their Beijing red eye flight for A333 due to prime ministers visit to Japan leading to many people being downgraded from CC to Y on both ends of the journey.

Quiet unbelievable, hope they get the VIP A330 as soon as possible so that TK does not have to provide aircraft each time.

[Edited 2014-01-05 11:55:24]

[Edited 2014-01-05 11:56:50]

ist2014

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:49 am

accoring to Ugur Cebeci column at Hurriyet:
there will be 2 787 from LOT and will be deployed at SFO. It makes sence, also Dubai,Del or Bombay can be added as well (stretch but possible). 20 hours utilization per day (27+13=40/2) but as far as i know, wet lease is not allowed by US.
any comment

accoring to tolga ozberk: 3 a340 would be retired and rest will be single class 360 seats for hadj charter and short routes.
details @ www.kokpit.aero

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos