Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAXintl
Topic Author

LAN Pilot Arrested With Cocaine At LAX

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:39 am

A LAN pilot arriving from Lima was arrested on Friday for bringing drugs – believed to be powder cocaine at LAX.

LAX police arrest LAN Airlines pilot for possible cocaine possession
http://www.insidesocal.com/aviation/...t-for-possible-cocaine-possession/

=

Unfortunately incidents like this bring extra attention on airline employees who certainly have enjoy privileges in coming and going easier.

[Edited 2014-02-07 01:22:13 by moderators]
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

JAGflyer

RE: LAN Pilot Arrested With Cocaine At LAX

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:56 am

They had to send it to a lab to test it? I thought most major airports have on-site drug detection machines or tests that can be used to tell within seconds what a suspicious substance is...
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:09 am

Yes CBP and even field police officers have small pocket liquid test kits, but from a legal point of view detained materials must be properly analyzed by a lab for it to hold up in court.

Like drunk driving. A field sobriety test is enough to detain, a follow up test (breath/blood/urine) once at the station becomes the legal confirmation.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ETinCaribe

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:58 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 2):
Like drunk driving. A field sobriety test is enough to detain, a follow up test (breath/blood/urine) once at the station becomes the legal confirmation.

Or they could have just as easily have asked a Hollywood celebrity to test the material   

brunomelo

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Really, really hope he goes away for a VERY long time.
Bruno.

s.p.a.s.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:43 pm

And this is the second case in a while. A couple of weeks ago another LAN pilot (actually a LAN Colombia Cargo pilot) was caught with drugs upon arriving in Miami.

Nice way to throw away a nice carreer and, more importantly, their own lifes. Morons.
"ad astra per aspera"

varigb707

Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Quoting brunomelo (Reply 6):

Bruno.

Say, what ever happened to that brazilian helicopter pilot, caught with a couple of Kilos of drugs while transporting a major brazilian politician, a few months ago? Just wondering... cheers.
First, I said 'hey' and then I said 'now'. "Hey Now!" - Hank K.

DDR

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Would be a shame to find out that this pilot was forced to carry the drugs. Maybe his family was threatened by the drug cartel. Whatever his reason, we should not judge him too quickly. Pilots are intelligent men and women. Lets wait until we know the facts before we condemn him.

ROSWELL41

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:37 pm

Doesn't matter the reason, smuggling is a serious crime. If he's found guilty in US Federal Court, he'll be put away for a very long time.

Type-Rated

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:41 pm

I remember back in the late 70's a DL pilot was arrested for concealing pot in the cockpit of a DC8 and was carted off from the airport in handcuffs. Whatever happened to him was never revealed. It happened in ATL.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

atcsundevil

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:19 am

Quoting DDR (Reply 9):
Would be a shame to find out that this pilot was forced to carry the drugs. Maybe his family was threatened by the drug cartel. Whatever his reason, we should not judge him too quickly. Pilots are intelligent men and women. Lets wait until we know the facts before we condemn him.
Quoting roswell41 (Reply 10):
Doesn't matter the reason, smuggling is a serious crime. If he's found guilty in US Federal Court, he'll be put away for a very long time.

It appears that he was charged with possession of a controlled substance. That would indicate that it was a small amount for personal use. If it had been in a large quantity (smuggling), he would have been charged with trafficking a controlled substance. My guess is that he had some in one of his bags and forgot that he had it with him, as that happens quite often in customs and security checkpoints. He likely won't see much jail time if that's the case.

[Edited 2014-01-25 16:21:49]

andrefranca

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:33 am

Quoting brunomelo (Reply 6):

It's the USA, there law is law and even if you're rich you'll stay in jail.

Quoting varigb707 (Reply 8):
Say, what ever happened to that brazilian helicopter pilot, caught with a couple of Kilos of drugs while transporting a major brazilian politician, a few months ago? Just wondering... cheers.

Hammm probably got a good lawyer and spent maximum 3 nights in jail. If someone have different news, please do let me know.

Quoting type-rated (Reply 11):
I remember back in the late 70's a DL pilot was arrested for concealing pot in the cockpit of a DC8 and was carted off from the airport in handcuffs. Whatever happened to him was never revealed. It happened in ATL.

Former "Mr. Panama" which was FA for Copa airlines was arrested with a "fellow" FA in MIA with a few KG of cocaine, I imagine he still has a few years there.

bgm

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:14 am

Quoting andrefranca (Reply 13):

Hmmm, not true:

Affluenza Defense: Rich Texas Teen Gets Probation For Killing 4 Pedestrians While Driving Drunk
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...tion-for-deadly-dwi_n_4430807.html

brunomelo

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:27 am

Quoting varigb707 (Reply 8):

If it was me to decide, all involved would face a very long jail time. I am a lawyer and practice law for living, but as i understand, the politicion who owns the helicopter, if involved with drug related crimes, should face an even longer time in jail.
Be safe.
Bruno.

andrefranca

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:42 am

Quoting bgm (Reply 14):

But I believe the families are appealing aren't they? on the other hand we saw the celebrities cases and they were punished (at least most of them), maybe it's because this teen's case didn't feel the media/society pressure. I don't know.

DocLightning

Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:16 am

Quoting andrefranca (Reply 16):
But I believe the families are appealing aren't they? on the other hand we saw the celebrities cases and they were punished (at least most of them), maybe it's because this teen's case didn't feel the media/society pressure. I don't know.

In the USA you can't appeal an acquittal. Once you're "not guilty," you are not guilty.

What you can do is civilly sue someone for a crime of which they were acquitted because the standard of proof is different. It requires a "preponderance of the evidence" and not "beyond a reasonable doubt." And that may be what the families are doing. Frankly, that's a real case of "not my problem; don't care."
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

shaq

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:55 am

Former "Mr. Panama" which was FA for Copa airlines was arrested

Yes. His name was Harry Duncan. I has met him personally and never thought he was a smuggler. How is life huh?
Studying hard, for flying right!

ual747den

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:47 pm

It sounds like it was a small amount for personal use, pilots are busy guys you really think they never do a little coke to get thru that last leg? No different really from taking an Adderall? I just don't see the big deal, the CBP officer should have thrown it in the trash and moved on.

You know what's interesting is of all the different groups of friends I have the ones who seem to use coke the most often are those who are in the medical profession and surgeons in puticular.

Anything overused and abused is going to cause problems, doing a little coke every once in a while isn't going to hurt anyone.
Frontier Airlines - Low Fares Done Right

26point2

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Quoting ual747den (Reply 21):
Anything overused and abused is going to cause problems, doing a little coke every once in a while isn't going to hurt anyone.

Seriously? I am assuming this is sarcasm? You should know that coke is one of the 5 substances tested during mandated pilot drug testing. Always a bust if a positive test shows any cocaine...and pilots know this.

ROSWELL41

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:37 pm

It sounds like it was a small amount for personal use, pilots are busy guys you really think they never do a little coke to get thru that last leg? No different really from taking an Adderall? I just don't see the big deal, the CBP officer should have thrown it in the trash and moved on.

You know what's interesting is of all the different groups of friends I have the ones who seem to use coke the most often are those who are in the medical profession and surgeons in puticular.

One of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. Unfortunately, I doubt Mr. Rodriguez is laughing much these days.

AR385

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:53 am

I´m sorry but that is just not true.

The profession with more substance abuse is medicine. Wether it´s cocaine I´m sure.

I hope you are joking and I did not catch the humor. I have not seen a single individual which in the end has not lost control of the cocaine habit. Now, if they migrate to crack, in my experience, it becomes pretty much hopeless.

In my opinion certain professionals should be punished hard if they use substances that alter their behavior when they are engaged in their job. This pilot may have forgotten it and not be using, but I really find it very hard to believe that if he didn´t get caught and found it in the hotel room he wouldn´t do a line.

What a stupid way to ruin your reputation, your career, your livelihood and your life.

atcsundevil

Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:54 am

Quoting ual747den (Reply 19):
I just don't see the big deal, the CBP officer should have thrown it in the trash and moved on.

Because that's the exact opposite of what a law enforcement officer is employed to do..?

Quoting ual747den (Reply 19):

That's why cocaine is considered a rich people's drug. At about $90-120/gram (at least in most US cities), it isn't something just anyone can afford.

It's most often abused by doctors, lawyers, and yes, even those in the aviation field...one of which I have seen go from a high-paid salary to living out of his dad's basement. The worst part was that he even got a second chance! It's more common than people realize.

Just because some people CAN handle it without it affecting their professional lives doesn't make it alright when other people's lives depend on their competence. Would you want to be a passenger on an aircraft being piloted by an impaired pilot? Or being worked by an impaired controller? Most likely no. If he were a doctor or lawyer, the gravity of their drug use has far less direct impact on others than if it were a pilot. Which is all the more reason not to just "throw it in the trash and move on".

Not everyone who takes drugs needs help, but it is never acceptable to allow drug use when lives are in that person's hands. I had assumed most people were in agreement on this  

opethfan

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:03 am

I'm a firm believer that any and all drug prohibition is a far greater injustice than possession or trafficking ever is, but someone busted in possession of an intoxicating substance while being trusted with the lives of hundreds of people is never acceptable. Add in the fact that it's very illegal in the US and it shows the kind of poor judgement I'd rather not see from someone in that profession.

Quoting 26point2 (Reply 20):
You should know that coke is one of the 5 substances tested during mandated pilot drug testing.

What are the other 4? I'd assume opium is one, and knowing how silly the world is, marijuana to be another?

Since others have already chimed in here I don't have much else to say, but I'll say it as eloquently as I can: "top lel."

atcsundevil

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:53 am

Quoting Opethfan (Reply 24):
What are the other 4? I'd assume opium is one, and knowing how silly the world is, marijuana to be another?

Cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, cannaboids, and phencyclidine (PCP) are generally the five tested substances, along with a breathalyzer for alcohol. The DOT was discussing adding MDMA to the list, but I have no idea if they've implemented it already.

Marijuana is still an intoxicant like alcohol, which cannot be consumed on-duty (obviously). In time, I think that it is possible that the rules for marijuana could also become similar to the current rules for alcohol consumption while off-duty, but they would need more research and conclusive tests to differentiate previous use vs. current impairment. Right now, the current tests generally only give a positive or negative result, and since THC can remain in the system for up to 10-14 days even though impairment is less than 13 hours, it doesn't exactly give an accurate representation of impairment.

ual747den

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:04 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 22):
I hope you are joking and I did not catch the humor. I have not seen a single individual which in the end has not lost control of the cocaine habit. Now, if they migrate to crack, in my experience, it becomes pretty much hopeless.

I have met lots of people that can do coke a few times a year or even a few times a month and they are just fine and don't "crave" it at all. Crack is another thing and I have never even seen that so I wouldn't know anything about crack.

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 23):
Just because some people CAN handle it without it affecting their professional lives doesn't make it alright when other people's lives depend on their competence. Would you want to be a passenger on an aircraft being piloted by an impaired pilot? Or being worked by an impaired controller? Most likely no. If he were a doctor or lawyer, the gravity of their drug use has far less direct impact on others than if it were a pilot. Which is all the more reason not to just "throw it in the trash and move on".

Ideally I would agree that it's best if no one have any substance on board when they are doing anything that effects someone else's life in any way however we don't live in an ideal world and if I have to pick between the pilot who is tired and will have to take a nap during the flight and one who is going to do a line in the lav half way thru the flight so he is alert and able to concentrate I will pick the guy doing the coke.

I know my good friend has a surgery first thing in the morning about 150 miles away and it's snowing out, he is proably waking up about now before I'm even going to sleep to head out. If I was his patient I would offer him some coke before he went into the OR just to be sure. Now he is very used to this lifestyle so his patient will be just fine in the morning and he will also be able to handle the patients when he gets called in tomorrow after being awake for close to 24 hours because again that's what he does but as I said before I would be happy to give him a line or 2 before surgery if I'm the patient!

I'll again try to get the point across that doing something in moderation is okay, being addicted is not. We all think it's okay to drink alcohol right? Well I can assure you that without a doubt 100% I have NEVER seen someone act on coke the way they can after drinking alcohol. I have also never had a hangover from coke and just Saturday had a nasty hangover after 2 drinks and a shot of Vodka.

I guess the only point I'm trying to prove is you can't judge someone by one mistake. We actually don't even know if he even had anything in his system at all.
Frontier Airlines - Low Fares Done Right

atcsundevil

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:17 am

Quoting ual747den (Reply 26):
Ideally I would agree that it's best if no one have any substance on board when they are doing anything that effects someone else's life in any way however we don't live in an ideal world and if I have to pick between the pilot who is tired and will have to take a nap during the flight and one who is going to do a line in the lav half way thru the flight so he is alert and able to concentrate I will pick the guy doing the coke.

I know my good friend has a surgery first thing in the morning about 150 miles away and it's snowing out, he is proably waking up about now before I'm even going to sleep to head out. If I was his patient I would offer him some coke before he went into the OR just to be sure. Now he is very used to this lifestyle so his patient will be just fine in the morning and he will also be able to handle the patients when he gets called in tomorrow after being awake for close to 24 hours because again that's what he does but as I said before I would be happy to give him a line or 2 before surgery if I'm the patient!

I'll again try to get the point across that doing something in moderation is okay, being addicted is not. We all think it's okay to drink alcohol right? Well I can assure you that without a doubt 100% I have NEVER seen someone act on coke the way they can after drinking alcohol. I have also never had a hangover from coke and just Saturday had a nasty hangover after 2 drinks and a shot of Vodka.

I have no idea how to respond to this. It is incredulous to me that this is the opinion of a seemingly intelligent person either working in or having an interest in an industry with the core foundation of safety first. What about impairment don't you understand? I have never known a pilot anywhere who would ever indicate that it would be safe and acceptable for them to use any substance altering their state of mind and decision-making abilities while working. Outside of work is a separate issue, but doing "lines of coke in the lav" is not a preference for which I, nor most right-minded people, would stake my life and well-being. How about coffee?!? Pilots all over the world manage just fine without having to use cocaine!

What if your good friend does cocaine before surgery and nicks a patient's artery and they bleed out? Do you think he'd get a second chance at saving his medical license after he said he's really, really sorry? No. He'd go to jail for manslaughter. That is no different than a pilot using cocaine before taking flight, because he poses an equal risk to passengers, with the only difference being that instead of killing one patient, he could kill an aircraft full of innocent people.

I honestly cannot believe this is even a discussion.

Quoting ual747den (Reply 26):
I guess the only point I'm trying to prove is you can't judge someone by one mistake. We actually don't even know if he even had anything in his system at all.

It doesn't matter whether it's in his system! It was in his possession, and in the eyes of the law and his employer, that's all that matters. If you ever get arrested for possession, I strongly advise you NOT to use that as a defense, because you will lose. And the judge will laugh at you.

People make stupid mistakes, and I am all for giving people second chances provided they earn it. But whether or not it was in his system is of no consequence. It was in his possession, and its use served a sole purpose whether or not it had been consumed in any amount. You don't have cocaine and not know what it's for. It doesn't matter if he was addicted or not or even using or not -- he had something he was not supposed to have. It is a black and white issue, not grey.

Koosi

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:42 am

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 27):
I have never known a pilot anywhere who would ever indicate that it would be safe and acceptable for them to use any substance altering their state of mind and decision-making abilities while working.

Oh really?

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 27):
How about coffee?!?

atcsundevil

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Quoting Koosi (Reply 28):

Ok, illegal substance. You know what meant!

a380787

Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Where's the official LAN spokesperson when we need him to comment on this ?

AR385

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 23):
THC can remain in the system for up to 10-14 days even though impairment is less than 13 hours, it doesn't exactly give an accurate representation of impairment.

It remains in the system for up to a month. And it can be detected though a basic urine test for up to a month.

Quoting ual747den (Reply 24):
I have met lots of people that can do coke a few times a year or even a few times a month and they are just fine and don't "crave" it at all.

The fact that they are actually using it, is an indicative that they are craving it and that at some point they will become routine users.

if I have to pick between the pilot who is tired and will have to take a nap during the flight and one who is going to do a line in the lav half way thru the flight so he is alert and able to concentrate I will pick the guy doing the coke.

You really need to understand how cocaine works. A pilot who is tired may it at least recognize it and do something about it. A pilot who does coke in the lav will have among other things, very impaired judgement. Besides the fact that with cocaine being a black market substance he may never come out of the lav. And then it will become a real emergency.

If I was his patient I would offer him some coke before he went into the OR just to be sure. Now he is very used to this lifestyle so his patient will be just fine in the morning and he will also be able to handle the patients when he gets called in tomorrow after being awake for close to 24 hours because again that's what he does but as I said before I would be happy to give him a line or 2 before surgery if I'm the patient!

The above is just ludicrous and no offense, but it shows you have no knowledge of the immediate effects of using coke. I would never let a surgeon touch me if I knew he has just ingested coke.

Well I can assure you that without a doubt 100% I have NEVER seen someone act on coke the way they can after drinking alcohol. I have also never had a hangover from coke and just Saturday had a nasty hangover after 2 drinks and a shot of Vodka.

You have never seen a lot of them, obviously, and believe me, coke does give you terrible hangovers.

DTWPurserBoy

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Great. So now the TSA will have yet another excuse to harass crew members. Like they needed one. Things were just starting to improve, too. My guess is that they were tipped off and were gunning for him.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

atcsundevil

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:24 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 29):
It remains in the system for up to a month. And it can be detected though a basic urine test for up to a month.

According to a urine drug test manufacturer:

Quote:
Detection times for marijuana usage vary depending on the drug potency, tolerance, and health condition, fluid intake at time of test, method and frequency of marijuana use. It is usually not more than 15-20 days for chronic users and 3-5 days for occasional smokers. People who are overweight keep THC traces longer, as marijuana metabolites are fat soluble.

It is possible to be detectable in a urine sample for up to a month after use, but it would have required chronic usage and the person would likely have to be overweight or at least have a high Body Mass Index. Even then, it would only likely show with a very faint line on the test strip, which wouldn't necessarily yield a conclusive positive result. I had an internship several years back (not of my choosing) where I had to conduct drug tests on probationees, so these are the standards as I learned them. It sucked.

tyler81190

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:38 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 20):
What a stupid way to ruin your reputation, your career, your livelihood and your life.

Umm, Have they fired him yet?? I will be shocked if they don't but I wouldn't count chickens before they hatch.

Wow, I would rather not fly if those are my choices...

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 25):
It doesn't matter whether it's in his system! It was in his possession, and in the eyes of the law and his employer, that's all that matters. If you ever get arrested for possession, I strongly advise you NOT to use that as a defense, because you will lose. And the judge will laugh at you.

Well, it will be harder for him to be fired if it wasn't in his system. Also, he can use the old "someone must have put that in my bag" excuse, which in all actuality, coming from South America could have happened.

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 31):
It is possible to be detectable in a urine sample for up to a month after use, but it would have required chronic usage and the person would likely have to be overweight or at least have a high Body Mass Index. Even then, it would only likely show with a very faint line on the test strip, which wouldn't necessarily yield a conclusive positive result. I had an internship several years back (not of my choosing) where I had to conduct drug tests on probationees, so these are the standards as I learned them. It sucked.

So, basically the average American person for the weight, and a habitual smoker... Still, with the nature of the airline job, it is rare that pilots have an entire week off between flights or duty time. So technically, if it comes up on the test, likely they were working at some point while "intoxicated"

RWA380

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:57 am

Quoting DDR (Reply 7):

It doesn't make it right, but it would help explain things, he may even get off if his family was in jeopardy for real.

Quoting roswell41 (Reply 8):

And you are able to say, that if a cartel member was going to slit your spouses throat, only after all his buddies rape her, and maybe the same fate awaits maybe your mother, or daughter, you wouldn't do ANYTHING they wanted to keep it from happening? No it's not right, but you'd have to be made of stone not to save someone you really love. And yes, it IS like that in places.

Quoting type-rated (Reply 9):

Didn't something similar happen to a NW VP or something, in Boise back in the late 90s or early 00s? I think they found like 2 joints in his briefcase, don't know what happened to him either, I had heard that he was fired, not sure if it's true.

I'm very glad the times are changing, and instead of making 1000s of people sit in jail for marijuana related crimes, are slowly being let go, and cases are being dropped. With it legal in two states, and another 12 that allow medical use, it's just a matter of time before it becomes, law of the land.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

AR385

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:29 pm

According to a urine drug test manufacturer:
It is possible to be detectable in a urine sample for up to a month after use, but it would have required chronic usage

My experience has been different. A teenagar who uses pot one time, sure, it will probably be difficult for it to appear in the urine test after a month. So the definition of chronic user is very important. What I saw after years of doing these things is that "chronic" (in terms of results) lasting in the urine would be something like someone who uses 2 to 3 times a week. Body mass index had no bearing on the result. We did not use a drug test manufacturer or a kit. The urine was sent directly to a specialist lab.

Quoting tyler81190 (Reply 32):
Umm, Have they fired him yet?? I will be shocked if they don't but I wouldn't count chickens before they hatch.

No. But I believe it very hard to believe that LA is going to hang on to him. Specially if it is LAN Colombia or LAN Peru.

Western727

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 34):
My experience has been different. A teenagar who uses pot one time, sure, it will probably be difficult for it to appear in the urine test after a month. So the definition of chronic user is very important. What I saw after years of doing these things is that "chronic" (in terms of results) lasting in the urine would be something like someone who uses 2 to 3 times a week. Body mass index had no bearing on the result. We did not use a drug test manufacturer or a kit. The urine was sent directly to a specialist lab.

I recall my concern after a former employer announced random tests. A clan and I did a test: we had fun on Friday night, and peed on Monday morning into our own kits from a drug store - none of us tested positive so we limited ourselves to Friday evenings. Ahhh, youth.  

Anyway, I wonder if we would've gotten detected if the urine got sent to a specialist lab. The employer ended up not testing anyone that we knew of - seems like it was a scare tactic. And none of us operated any kind of machinery; we were office workers.

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 33):
it's just a matter of time before it becomes, law of the land.

Concur. Obama just said alcohol is a greater drug...and anyone who's had real experience with both will agree. If/when it becomes legal and the stigma diminished, I won't mind partaking again; I rarely drink because the hangovers (which I automatically get after just 3-4 drinks, lucky me) just aren't worth it.

Quoting AR385 (Reply 34):
But I believe it very hard to believe that LA is going to hang on to him.

I certainly hope you're right. I've never done coke so I can't relate, but have a trusted friend who did it for several years while working as a bartender years ago. Her stories were...interesting.
Jack @ AUS

babybus

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:42 pm

We all get carried away talking about drugs. It's 2014 now and most people have a drug of choice. Most kids seem to be on drugs these days, even company CEOs

Alcohol is by far the most dangerous drug as it is still socially acceptable and readily available. We push booze on people the way some people push drugs.

The law shouldn't focus on carrying drugs but attempting to carry out duties under the influence. I don't want to use the services of someone who is not mentally fit for duty. I don't care what he carries in his bag for his personal consumption.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

brunomelo

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:39 pm

Quoting tyler81190 (Reply 32):
Well, it will be harder for him to be fired if it wasn't in his system. Also, he can use the old "someone must have put that in my bag" excuse, which in all actuality, coming from South America could have happened.

Are drug dealers from north america more ethical? How different are they from the rest of the world? Will drug dealers from other continents ask passangers, politely, to carry their cocaine (heroine or any other drug) and deliver it to someone else upon arrival?
Be safe,
Bruno.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos