Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Kiwirob

RE: CPH To Expand Capacity To 40 Million Pax

Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:23 am

Quoting EBGflyer (Thread starter):
Station for high-speed trains A station for high-speed trains that bring travellers from both Oslo and Hamburg to Copenhagen Airport will play an important role in paving the way for growing towards 40 million passengers.

I can't see anyone wnating to spend several hours on a high-speed train rather than the relatively short time it takes to fly from OSL to CPH. Whoever came up with this idea is also forgetting Norway doesn't have high-speed rail going South nor is it even planned.

Thunderboltdrgn

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 am

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 50):
I can't see anyone wnating to spend several hours on a high-speed train rather than the relatively short time it takes to fly from OSL to CPH. Whoever came up with this idea is also forgetting Norway doesn't have high-speed rail going South nor is it even planned.

Tell that to the Norwegians who wants a high speed train link via Malmö-Skåne (probably Trelleborg area)
-Stralsund to Berlin and who seemingly are willing to finance a large part of it.

[Edited 2014-02-03 02:51:20]
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Kiwirob

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Quoting thunderboltdrgn (Reply 51):
Tell that to the Norwegians who wants a high speed train link via Malmö-Skåne (probably Trelleborg area)
-Stralsund to Berlin and who seemingly are willing to finance a large part of it.

Which Norwegians would that be, because I'm sure it's not the government.

AirPacific747

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Quoting thunderboltdrgn (Reply 51):

I want to see it happening before I believe it.

arn777

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 50):
Whoever came up with this idea is also forgetting Norway doesn't have high-speed rail going South nor is it even planned.

That is not true. Jernbaneverket in Norway have been planning high speed train for the inter city triangle including the line to the Swedish boarder in the South for a while now.

Kiwirob

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Quoting arn777 (Reply 54):

That is not true. Jernbaneverket in Norway have been planning high speed train for the inter city triangle including the line to the Swedish boarder in the South for a while now.

If you call 200kph high speed, which it really isn't, the previous govt pretty much canned high speed rail and and current govt aren't super interested. I just can't see high speed rail making any headway in Norway, especially with the stupid single track plans they had.

Thunderboltdrgn

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 55):
and and current govt aren't super interested.

Actually they are but to avoid going more off topic further discussion can be held in the following thread: High Speed Railway Link Oslo-Sweden-Berlin (by thunderboltdrgn Feb 3 2014 in Non Aviation)

[Edited 2014-02-03 14:52:59]
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Navigator

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 am

Quoting B747forever (Reply 45):
SAS is also to small to divide their LH operations into 3 hubs. It would also under their current economical performance, not be profitable.

This can however be disputed since SAS has major bases in OSL, ARN and CPH. They also have pilots, CA:s and Line maintenance in all three bases. They also operate longhaul from all three places.
747-400/747-200/L1011/DC-10/DC-9/DC-8/MD-80/MD90/A340/A330/A300/A310/A321/A320/A319/767/757/737/727/HS-121/CV990/CV440/S

arn777

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:58 am

Quoting thunderboltdrgn (Reply 56):
Actually they are but to avoid going more off topic further discussion can be held in the following thread:
High Speed Railway Link Oslo-Sweden-Berlin (by thunderboltdrgn Feb 3 2014 in Non Aviation)

Thank you for the documentation.

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 55):
If you call 200kph high speed, which it really isn't, the previous govt pretty much canned high speed rail and and current govt aren't super interested. I just can't see high speed rail making any headway in Norway, especially with the stupid single track plans they had.

Again, KiwiRov, check you facts before posting left, right and center. And what is it with your constant complaints and bitching about Norway..

Kiwirob

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 am

Quoting arn777 (Reply 58):
Again, KiwiRov, check you facts before posting left, right and center. And what is it with your constant complaints and bitching about Norway..

What bitching, all high speed rail in Norway is a fantasy and not needed, the air network is more than good enough, it's cheap, super efficient and doesn't require massive subsidies like any high speed rail network would. The other other point ius Norway has a small population spread out across a largish country, air is the best solution, rail is not. The very idea of a single track highspeed rail network which will also be shared with freight (apart from French Post TGV's is there any other highspeed freight trains operating anywhere?) it's madness, no country has built single track high speed rail, Norway is looking at this because they know the traffic isn't there to support the capacity double track would give them.

Read the Jernbaneverket report http://www.jernbaneverket.no/PageFil...35/Phase_1_chapter_4-_1620902a.pdf the opening paragraph talks about the lack of demand, the conclusion also backs this up.

And the environmental report, which can be found here, http://www.misa.no/uk/news/the_high_speed_rail_study_is_released_/ read page 64, 60 plus years payback time for most lines, and that assumption is based on people transferring from air to rail, the lines they want to build will miss so many population centres that most people will still fly. The town I live in had 10 return flights per day to OSL, it's 1.5 hours drive from the nearest railway station, that station isn't anywhere near any planned high speed rail corridor.

I'm not knocking Norway at all here, I think the people controlling the purse strings realise high speed rail here is going to cost a lot with very little benefit or return.

milan320

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Nice to hear, I use CPH often and it's definitely one of my favourite airports.
I accept bribes ... :-)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos