Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAXintl
Topic Author

SWA To Reveal Destinations From Dallas Love

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:20 pm

After decades of waiting, the federal legal curtain restricting flights at Dallas Love lifts in October.

Well on Monday February 3rd, Southwest Airlines has scheduled a news conference at the airport to reveal its intended initial network.

Story:
So, you want to know where Southwest Airlines will fly when the Wright amendment goes away?
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...e-wright-amendment-goes-away.html/

=

My guesses - mostly link with larger SWA cities - LAS, PHX, LAX, OAK, MDW, BWI, MCO, DEN, etc. and maybe a couple important business spoke markets like LGA
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

barney captain

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:28 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Thread starter):
After decades of waiting, the federal legal curtain restricting flights at Dallas Love lifts in October.

Well, it mostly goes away......  
Southeast Of Disorder

adamh8297

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:42 pm

My guesses - mostly link with larger SWA cities - LAS, PHX, LAX, OAK, MDW, BWI, MCO, DEN, etc. and maybe a couple important business spoke markets like LGA

BOS - read on some site that there's a 90% chance BOS-DAL will be started

SEA - similar to BOS in many ways.

SLC?? DL doesn't have plans for SLC-DAL right now.

Would they do weekend leisure routes: TPA or FLL?

Also - choose SFO over OAK?
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:43 pm

I would think the large southwest stations are almost all a lock. MDW, LAS, LAX, OAK, BWI, MCO, DEN, PHX Maybe FLL, SNA, SAN, TPA, BNA

LGA and DCA sound like perfect places to use newly acquired slots and a great value to their Frequent Flyers

ANA787

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:50 pm

I can see PDX and SEA added

phllax

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:02 pm

I would venture to guess that PHL may be on the list now since the AA-US merger. LGA and DCA for sure.

SANFan

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:15 pm

I will be very surprised if SAN is not on the list on Monday.

bb

justplanenutz

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Quoting barney captain (Reply 1):
Well, it mostly goes away......  

I know you included a wink with that, but the Wright Amendment (a federal law) does go entirely away. In its place we have the 5 Party Agreement which, while having some teeth (20 gate limit, no FIS, etc.) is not federal law. It could be overturned by the courts should someone sue, and seems vulnerable on anti-trust grounds.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Something else curious for me will be to see the draw down of other markets from DAL.

Currently many markets (ie ABQ) serve as the beyond gateway for DAL flights. In ABQ case for example with ability to serve markets like PHX/LAS and West Coast directly, the volume of ABQ stop becomes reduced to a large degree.

joeljack

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:28 pm

I really think that OMA will be part of the announcement because without the Nebraska senator (wish I remember which one) at the time, this would not be happening! He was instrumental in getting it approved and his goal was to get OMA-DAL service.

SurfandSnow

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:29 pm

Without a doubt they will offer nonstops to ATL, DEN, LAS, MDW, and PHX for network connectivity purposes (as well as excellent O&D). I'd say BNA, BWI, LAX, MCO, and SAN are all but certain as well - for similar reasons of connectivity and O&D demand.

IIRC WN has publicly stated that they will offer nonstop service between LGA and DAL (I have long believed LGA-CAK is a placeholder for LGA-DAL service), and after the windfall of DCA slots I'm sure we can expect DAL-DCA too. Along similar lines we can probably expect DAL-SFO, DAL-SEA, DAL-BOS, and DAL-FLL so that WN can offer nonstop service to all of the nation's primary markets from Dallas.

After that is anyone's guess. Will they link DAL to strategic business markets like MKE, PDX, PHL, SJC, and SNA? Will they directly challenge DL's nonstop DAL-DTW/MSP services? Will they link DAL to lower-yielding, higher volume stations like OAK and TPA? Will they give thriving mid-size markets where WN is relatively weak - like IND or SLC - a nonstop link to DAL? Will they give weaker markets like MEM, SDF, or TUS a link to DAL for network connectivity purposes? Will be very interesting to see what happens.

Ultimately I think we'll see high frequency services to ATL, DEN, LAS, LAX, MCO, MDW, and PHX for connectivity, and lower frequency services to BNA, BOS, BWI, DCA, FLL, LGA, MEM, MKE, MSP, OAK, PDX, PHL, SAN, SEA, SFO, SJC, SNA, TPA, and TUS for O&D pax.
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

f18raider

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:33 pm

I wonder if they will announce cuts in the smaller Texas cities too.

deltacto

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:44 pm

Quoting Joeljack (Reply 9):
without the Nebraska senator (wish I remember which one) at the time, this would not be happening! He was instrumental in getting it approved and his goal was to get OMA-DAL service.

This thread from 2006 says the senator was Charles Timothy "Chuck" Hagel

Hutchinson's Push For Compromise On The WA (by Cjpark Mar 2 2006 in Civil Aviation)

milemaster

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:48 pm

Quoting f18raider (Reply 11):

I wonder if they will announce cuts in the smaller Texas cities too.

Yes, although I would expect it to just to be a reduction of frequency. ELP and LBB, and AMA seem to be likely.

justplanenutz

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:48 pm

I really think that OMA will be part of the announcement because without the Nebraska senator (wish I remember which one) at the time, this would not be happening! He was instrumental in getting it approved and his goal was to get OMA-DAL service.
Quoting deltacto (Reply 12):
This thread from 2006 says the senator was Charles Timothy "Chuck" Hagel

I wouldn't put too much weight into that--Sen. Trent Lott was also instrumental and that didn't save JAN.

jetblastdubai

RE: SWA To Reveal Destinations From Dallas Love

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:53 pm

I really think that OMA will be part of the announcement because without the Nebraska senator (wish I remember which one) at the time, this would not be happening!

That would be the EX-Senator Ben Nelson (D). He was also the 60th vote for ObamaCare and since then he has been nearly exiled from the state. He won't be invited to any innagural festivities in Nebraska ever again.
It sounds like thunder but the way this year is going, it could be Godzilla!

joeljack

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:55 pm

Quoting justplanenutz (Reply 14):
I wouldn't put too much weight into that--Sen. Trent Lott was also instrumental and that didn't save JAN.

Yeah, very good point. The difference is OMA is a fairly strong market for WN and also OMA is geographically located so that they currently don't have a very good way to connect and get to places like AND CURRENT: Austin - Bergstrom International (AFB) (AUS / KAUS), USA - Texas">AUS, SAT, MSY AND HOU. DAL would fix this. In my mind, the only other cities that don't have easy access to all the Texas cities are MSP and DSM, strictly from a schedule and geography standpoint. I think MSP is a slam dunk but it wouldn't surprise me to see DSM on the list as well as OMA.

jetblastdubai

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:06 pm

Quoting Joeljack (Reply 16):
don't have a very good way to connect and get to places like AND CURRENT: Austin - Bergstrom International (AFB) (AUS / KAUS), USA - Texas">AUS, SAT, MSY AND HOU.

UA has 5-6, weekday non-stops from OMA-IAH and 2 of them have a premium cabin. That's not bad for a smaller spoke city to any hub. IAH-AUS has over 10 per day so connections should be pretty good actually.
It sounds like thunder but the way this year is going, it could be Godzilla!

airliner371

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:35 pm

I think the big question is how will they implement the changes? Are they gonna make the change over night or are they going to start with, lets say, 10 cities and slowly increase that number? To me that is the question because, the cities are rather easy to predict.

joeljack

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Quoting jetblastdubai (Reply 17):
UA has 5-6, weekday non-stops from OMA-IAH and 2 of them have a premium cabin. That's not bad for a smaller spoke city to any hub. IAH-AUS has over 10 per day so connections should be pretty good actually.

Sorry I was referring to Southwest only.

psa1011

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:44 pm

Does anyone think WN will reduce frequencies between DAL-STL/BHM/MCI, etc. to make room for new cities?

airliner371

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Quoting psa1011 (Reply 20):
Does anyone think WN will reduce frequencies between DAL-STL/BHM/MCI, etc. to make room for new cities?

With MCI at 9 and STL at 8, yes, it will go down to at least 5. Most of the flights are used for one stop service so no doubt, those will loose some flights. BHM has 3 right now, probably gonna go to 2.

kcrwflyer

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:58 pm

CAK has been making a big deal about some announcement Monday....so....

airliner371

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Quoting kcrwflyer (Reply 22):

CAK has been making a big deal about some announcement Monday....so....

I'm not saying it won't happen or that you are wrong but CAK is talking about a new local campaign to advertise Southwest in CAK. http://www.luvcak.com

[Edited 2014-01-31 12:03:47]

flyiguy

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:25 pm

Quoting milemaster (Reply 13):
Quoting psa1011 (Reply 20):

I see moderate reductions in STL, MCI & HOU ( From every 30 mins - 1hr to maybe every 1.5 to 2 hours )
and to a lesser extent maybe ELP, ABQ, MSY and other intra Texas cities.

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

Western727

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:16 pm

Quoting flyiguy (Reply 24):
I see moderate reductions in STL, MCI & HOU ( From every 30 mins - 1hr to maybe every 1.5 to 2 hours )
and to a lesser extent maybe ELP, ABQ, MSY and other intra Texas cities.

Concur. I see my city of AUS taking some limited impact, indeed. One station not yet mentioned here is OKC; I wonder if it will see a small reduction in service as well.

Separately, I'm sure AA management will be watching closely.  
Jack @ AUS

KarlB737

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Two Questions that come to mind:

1. Refresh all of our memories. When does the Wrong Amendment actually expire?

2. Will WN be able to reshuffle routes to have enough aircraft for the additional flights that have been suggested?

I ask these questions realizing they may also be asked and answered at the upcoming news conference.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Wright Amendment expires on October 13th.

jporterfi

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm

Quoting surfandsnow (Reply 10):
Ultimately I think we'll see high frequency services to ATL

Does anyone think that WN may use FL 717s for some of the shorter high-freqency routes like ATL-DAL while they are still in the fleet? Or is WN somehow prohibited from using FL metal to DFW? Also, if WN starts ATL from DAL, will that come with a corresponding reduction in DAL-BHM service? I can't imagine BHM is a very big station for WN.
PPC (ASEL) | Aircraft Flown: PA28, C172, DA20

zippyjet

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:01 pm

I wouldn't be surprised down the road for us to have an International flight or two out of DAL.

I do hope that at least for connecting flights many would shift away from MDW especially during the winter months and go out of DAL.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve this message!

sunking737

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:01 pm

Quoting jporterfi (Reply 28):
Does anyone think that WN may use FL 717s for some of the shorter high-freqency routes like ATL-DAL while they are still in the fleet?

Southwest is parking all remaining FL 717 by 12/31/14. I don't think the unions will let them fly WN routes??
"Don't believe it unless its parked on the ramp, or printed in the schedule...SUBJECT TO CHANGE"
Retired MSP Ramper

ScottB

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 pm

My guesses - mostly link with larger SWA cities - LAS, PHX, LAX, OAK, MDW, BWI, MCO, AND CURRENT: Denver - International (DEN / KDEN), USA - Colorado">DEN, etc. and maybe a couple important business spoke markets like LGA

My thinking is that we'll see the beyond-perimeter markets in the top 20 to 30 markets from DAL+DFW:

As of 2013Q2:
(1) LAX area (probably just LAX)
(2) NYC (LGA & EWR)
(3) MDW
(5) DCA & BWI
(6) SFO/SJC/OAK (in decreasing order of likelihood)
(7) ATL
(8) LAS
(9) AND CURRENT: Denver - International (DEN / KDEN), USA - Colorado">DEN
(10) BOS
(11) MCO
(12) FLL
(14) PHL
(15) PHX
(16) SEA
(17) MSP
(19) SAN
(21) DTW
(24) TPA
(25) CLT
(26) BNA
(28) SLC
(29) PDX

I'd add MEM as a dark horse since it's a market in which O&D traffic has historically been suppressed by very high fares in spite of "competition." And I'd say pretty much anything in the top 10 is a lock.

Quoting jporterfi (Reply 28):
Does anyone think that WN may use FL 717s for some of the shorter high-freqency routes like ATL-DAL while they are still in the fleet?

The 717's will all exit the fleet by year-end, so probably not.

Quoting zippyjet (Reply 29):
I wouldn't be surprised down the road for us to have an International flight or two out of DAL.

Not without another Act of Congress. The Wright Amendment Reform Act of 2006 includes the following language:

Quote:
SEC. 3. TREATMENT OF INTERNATIONAL NONSTOP FLIGHTS TO AND FROM LOVE FIELD, TEXAS.

No person shall provide, or offer to provide, air transportation of passengers for compensation or hire between Love Field, Texas, and any point or points outside the 50 States or the District of Columbia on a nonstop basis, and no official or employee of the Federal Government may take any action to make or designate Love Field as an initial point of entry into the United States or a last point of departure from the United States.
Quoting justplanenutz (Reply 7):
I know you included a wink with that, but the Wright Amendment (a federal law) does go entirely away. In its place we have the 5 Party Agreement which, while having some teeth (20 gate limit, no FIS, etc.) is not federal law. It could be overturned by the courts should someone sue, and seems vulnerable on anti-trust grounds.

Actually, the Five Party Agreement is referenced in the Wright Amendment Reform Act of 2006, and as such likely would not be vulnerable on antitrust grounds. The City of Dallas is only required to honor the scarce resource provisions of the existing leases.

psa1011

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:45 pm

Quoting ScottB (Reply 31):
(6) SFO/SJC/OAK (in decreasing order of likelihood)

Is there a reason why OAK is the least likely? Currently OAK is the only Bay Area airport that WN has connected to HOU. I wonder if they would take a different approach with DAL.

srbmod

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:59 pm

Considering that FL had to quit serving DFW once they were in the WN family due to the Wright Amendment, WN service between DAL and ATL is a given. You know they want to defend their home base as best as they could and since DL via Delta Connection currently offers DAL-ATL service, it could be even more competitive as who knows if DL will put the 717 on the route since the seat restrictions will be going away.

ScottB

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Quoting psa1011 (Reply 32):
Is there a reason why OAK is the least likely? Currently OAK is the only Bay Area airport that WN has connected to HOU. I wonder if they would take a different approach with DAL.

OAK seems to be in the doghouse for WN since they returned to SFO. Plus I'd expect them to try to put pressure on VX by offering SFO-DAL.

cschleic

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:08 pm

I'm not familiar enough with Love Field to know this....what kind of capacity limitations are there in terms of gates, etc? Would WN have to drop some flights to add others to new cities?

In terms of specific cities, seems logical that it would start with their large ones first, to the degree they're able to.... LAS, MDW, DEN, PHX, MCO, etc.

MIflyer12

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Quoting srbmod (Reply 33):
You know they want to defend their home base as best as they could and since DL via Delta Connection currently offers DAL-ATL service, it could be even more competitive as who knows if DL will put the 717 on the route since the seat restrictions will be going away.

Delta already has 717s in the schedule DAL-ATL for October '14.

point2point

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 pm

Quoting surfandsnow (Reply 10):
Without a doubt they will offer nonstops to ATL, DEN, LAS, MDW, and PHX

Now that Wright is expanded, WN will definitely have the most sway about what service (stations) is offered there. However, we have to remember that DL and UA have gates there as well - and doesn't AA have a something there as well? With that, would UA maybe have flights to DEN, ORD, LAX, SFO, IAH and EWR? And DL to ATL, DTW, MSP, SLC, LGA, JFK, and maybe SEA? AA..... the only thing about the cornerstone hubs is that there won't be a nonstop to DFW, eh?

I would imagine that as WN announces stations and frequencies, there are considerations there of the other carriers. Maybe instead of announcing 4X to DEN, they might only announce 2X in the they figure UA is going to be adding flights, or instead of 5X ATL, maybe 2X because DL will be adding 3X dailies on that route? If this were the case, maybe some hubs may not get as much service as we would expect, and this would leave some other stations prime for service to/from DAL, because then WN would find a monopoly (well, not completely because of DFW, but at least from DAL) and be able to get its premium.

Also, since WN has announce that it will focus on O&D from ATL (and cut a lot of FL routes) I would assume that this is doubly so from DAL, where gate space is much more valuable.

Just my thoughts here, because not only does WN get to expand from DAL, but the other carriers with gate space there also get to to the same.

srbmod

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:21 pm

Quoting MIflyer12 (Reply 36):
Delta already has 717s in the schedule DAL-ATL for October '14.

Considering that is still over 7 months away, that is subject to change. Delta will have a few systemwide schedule changes and tweaks in the interim and those could affect the DAL flights.

airliner371

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:30 pm

Just to clarify a few things on this thread. As of right now, WN has 16 gates, UA has 2 and DL and AA have none right now. Wright Amendment ends October 13, 2014 and flights must be strictly in the US, no international. The 717's are out of FL's fleet by the end of the year and will not be any part of WN's fleet so no, the 717 will not be a part of WN's DAL plans. That is just to clarify a few points on this thread.

psa1011

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:50 pm

Quoting ScottB (Reply 34):
OAK seems to be in the doghouse for WN since they returned to SFO. Plus I'd expect them to try to put pressure on VX by offering SFO-DAL.

I suppose, although WN still doesn't offer SFO-SEA/PDX/HOU/BUR/ONT/BWI, etc. It seems like they should make a decision.

f18raider

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 am

Quoting milemaster (Reply 13):

I would think MAF, LBB, and AMA would lose the their LAS flights.

SANFan

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:35 am

Quoting psa1011 (Reply 32):
Quoting ScottB (Reply 31):
My thinking is that we'll see the beyond-perimeter markets in the top 20 to 30 markets from DAL+DFW:

My thinking on the Bay Area service possible from DAL is that although OAK is a Top-10 Station for WN (I think they still are) and certainly has more service on WN (to more destinations) than any of the other Bay Area airports, and is a fairly large connecting hub (for WN), I think the DAL service will be offered, in the beginning anyway, to the largest local traffic cities in the country. (See Scott's helpful list in post #31.)

HOU will remain the large connecting point in Texas (especially considering they will have int'l capabilities in the future) as WN is limited in what it can do at Love Field. Why waste the limited capacity they will have at DAL on connections when they can still be handled nicely through HOU (and DEN, LAS, etc.)? Oakland-Hobby, definitely.

I assume the largest local (O&D) market from the Bay Area to the Dallas region is SFO so they will probably see service right away while the uses of OAK for WN will remain as they are and not really need nonstop capacity to DAL; the local traffic between OAK and DAL is presumably much smaller than either of the other 2 Bay Area airports.

I will check (Table 1A) when I can, but I would also expect that SJC as an individual airport is probably pretty far down on WN's list for DAL; it will be interesting to see how OAK and SJC compare.

bb

bjorn14

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:39 am

Does this finally frree FTW too.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:40 am

Quoting ScottB (Reply 34):

OAK is a pretty major station for WN and takes alot of connections. I could definitely see OAK getting some LUV. SFO might also, it really depends on what markets Southwest strategy is here.

Flytravel

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:54 am

Quoting psa1011 (Reply 40):
I suppose, although WN still doesn't offer SFO-SEA/PDX/HOU/BUR/BWI, etc. It seems like they should make a decision.

I think WN has been setting OAK's role as more intra-west hub essentially permitting one stops between So. California and SLC to PDX/SEA in Pacific Northwest, while orienting SFO as a gateway into the Bay Area market from markets east of the mountain time zone.

BWI-OAK is an exception. It's just a seasonal/summer only flight appealing to families on vacation. It doesn't run in the Fall. UA captures the business traffic on BWI-SFO with it's year round flight.

WN has a niche that it still carries a lot of flow from OAK to the eastern part of the county via MDW DEN, and HOU, but I'm not sure if it'd need anymore eastern links. I'd say DAL-SFO is more likely than DAL-OAK.

[Edited 2014-01-31 17:58:03]

kcrwflyer

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 am

Quoting airliner371 (Reply 23):
'm not saying it won't happen or that you are wrong but CAK is talking about a new local campaign to advertise Southwest in CAK. http://www.luvcak.com

Check out their social media. Much ado about something Monday.

SANFan

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:15 am

Quoting kcrwflyer (Reply 46):
Check out their social media. Much ado about something Monday.

I must be missing something here. All I see at that link is that starting Monday, there's a 3 month period to sign up for Rapid Rewards and be eligible for some free tickets. I see nothing at all about any new service coming...

bb

MIflyer12

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:38 am

Quoting srbmod (Reply 38):
Considering that is still over 7 months away, that is subject to change. Delta will have a few systemwide schedule changes and tweaks in the interim and those could affect the DAL flights.

Sure. Any airline can change its schedule at any time. It doesn't change the verifiable fact that DL has presently scheduled 717 service from DAL.

ScottB

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:06 am

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 44):
OAK is a pretty major station for WN and takes alot of connections. I could definitely see OAK getting some LUV. SFO might also, it really depends on what markets Southwest strategy is here.

OAK doesn't really offer any connections from DAL which aren't served more directly over DEN or potentially non-stop from DAL anyway (basically just PDX/SEA/GEG).

Quoting point2point (Reply 37):
we have to remember that DL and UA have gates there as well - and doesn't AA have a something there as well? With that, would UA maybe have flights to DEN, ORD, LAX, SFO, IAH and EWR? And DL to ATL, DTW, MSP, SLC, LGA, JFK, and maybe SEA?

DL is currently selling DAL-ATL/LGA/DTW/MSP/LAX for travel beginning in October, but there's a big catch: they don't necessarily have the gates to operate the service. Right now, they use one of AA's gates for ATL-DAL, but AA agreed to give up its two gates as part of its settlement to make the merger happen -- and there's no guarantee that DL will get those gates. It may well happen that VX, B6, NK, G4, SY, or some other carrier (or combination thereof) might end up with AA's gates. WN wants those gates as well, but I doubt they'll get them.

UA keeps two gates at DAL as part of the Five Party Agreement; that's simply not enough to offer a competitive schedule to all the hubs you list when you consider that IAH would have to remain at least 5-6x daily or risk being uncompetitive.

Quoting point2point (Reply 37):
I would imagine that as WN announces stations and frequencies, there are considerations there of the other carriers. Maybe instead of announcing 4X to DEN, they might only announce 2X in the they figure UA is going to be adding flights, or instead of 5X ATL, maybe 2X because DL will be adding 3X dailies on that route?

Why exactly do you think WN will just hand business to their competitors on their own home turf? DAL & WN are essentially synonymous to most people in the Metroplex.

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 43):
Does this finally frree FTW too.

FTW was never limited apart from a general lack of demand. The only indirect limits now on FTW are covenants in the Five Party Agreement requiring the signatory carriers to cede gates at DAL upon starting service at a new airport within a certain radius of DAL or DFW (75 miles IIRC).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos