Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mach92

RE: SWA To Reveal Destinations From Dallas Love

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:09 pm

SWA can add all the non-stops they want. I live 5 minutes from DAL but will bypass for DFW/ AA unless they charge significantly less. SWA for a business traveler is still not good. The planes have no power, business select fares get you A 1-10 but the plane probably started 3 cities ago so the exit row is already full with thru passengers. Not to mention SWA has huge labor issues that need to be settled soon. They are riding dead last in DOT rankings for on-time. My last 9 SWA flights have all left late in the past month. Delta will get the gates they need. The City of Dallas want's Delta and UA to expand at DAL.

dlflynhayn

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Quoting ScottB (Reply 49):

Why exactly do you think WN will just hand business to their competitors on their own home turf? DAL & WN are essentially synonymous to most people in the Metroplex

I'd be surprised if WN had more flights to ATL from DAL after October IMO..Would love a DAL-LAX/SEA flt on DL also...

Quoting mach92 (Reply 50):
SWA has huge labor issues that need to be settled soon. They are riding dead last in DOT rankings for on-time. My last 9 SWA flights have all left late in the past month. Delta will get the gates they need. The City of Dallas want's Delta and UA to expand at DAL

I hope your right and DL gets atleast two gates...WN seems to have labor issues coming up and maybe that will distract them a little from a major expansion from DAL.

airliner371

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Quoting dlflynhayn (Reply 51):
labor issues coming up and maybe that will distract them a little from a major expansion from DAL.

I can promise you they are not being distracted one bit from DAL or anything else going on. They have people specifically on the labor scene and people specifically in route planning etc.. for a reason.

STT757

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:46 pm

I'm hoping VX gets the two gates at DAL, that would give them the perfect point to connect the West Coast with their new LGA slots.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

AWACSooner

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:48 pm

The City of Dallas want's Delta and UA to expand at DAL.

Pray, do tell who your source is...since Dallas was solidly in WN's corner on the repeal since day 1...

srbmod

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:06 pm

FTW was never limited apart from a general lack of demand. The only indirect limits now on FTW are covenants in the Five Party Agreement requiring the signatory carriers to cede gates at DAL upon starting service at a new airport within a certain radius of DAL or DFW (75 miles IIRC).

Mesa had a small operation there for a brief time in the late 90s (97-98) with two CRJs based there and offering service to COS, SAT, HOU, and AUS. CO was going to offer FTW-IAH service via Continental Express, but canceled those plans in the wake the travel downturn post-9/11. Skybus supposedly had interest in serving FTW, but the airline folded, plus the restrictions placed on service out of FTW by the Wright Amendment (restrictions that also applied to AFW and ADS) which would have limited the number of cities they would have served (although perhaps they would have served certain markets exclusively from there).

Perhaps with the restrictions lifted, FTW may finally become a viable alternative airport. Perhaps someone like Allegiant would consider starting service there.

SWADawg

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Whoever bids the most for the 2 DAL gates will get them, period. Expect WN to bid BIG money on these 2 gates.
My posts are my opinion only and do not reflect the views of Southwest Airlines

DXBDFWHGA

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Quoting SWADawg (Reply 56):
Whoever bids the most for the 2 DAL gates will get them, period. Expect WN to bid BIG money on these 2 gates.

I hope WN gets them. I've been waiting for this announcement since October, 2006.

DXBDFWHGA

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:25 pm

I hope by the end of this decade the 20 gate cap limit can be repealed. DAL should have 32 gates. 20 gates for WN, 3 gates for UA and 3 gates for DL and the remaining six gates should be divided by B6, VX and AS.

n471wn

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Quoting DXBDFWHGA (Reply 58):
I hope by the end of this decade the 20 gate cap limit can be repealed. DAL should have 32 gates. 20 gates for WN, 3 gates for UA and 3 gates for DL and the remaining six gates should be divided by B6, VX and AS.

You are absolutely right and it is a travesty that the fastest growing area in the country limits its airport options---not only should Love grown but another airport west and north of DFW is needed

delta747tlv

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:36 pm

and they can outbid Delta?

srbmod

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:49 pm

To be honest, Southwest shouldn't be allowed to bid on them, as they already have the majority of the gate space there and allowing them to control additional gates will raise concerns of them trying to stifle/block competition at DAL. Those two gates ought to be common use gates, controlled by the airport and not an airline.

Quoting DXBDFWHGA (Reply 58):

The required demolition of the former Legend Executive Terminal as part of the agreement that set the current plans in motion is something that in hindsight will be seen as a mistake. There was a six gate terminal that would have been ideal for another airline to operate from (Although the gates were designed for DC-9s and parking anything like a 737 (Classic or NG), an MD-80 family a/c or an A320 family a/c would have required a neighboring gate to be closed. The jetways they had were not movable.).

avi8

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:57 pm

How many additional planes will SWA need for all of this? They are adding 20 something flights from DCA, some from LGA, and then this massive expansion from DAL. I know they will decrease flights from certain cities already flown from DAL but they will need additional planes as the flights are longer than the short hops around DAL. I did hear they acquired a few used planes and such but can someone please explain how they are going to handle all of this?

Happy pre Super Bowl Sunday folks!
avi8

n471wn

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Quoting srbmod (Reply 61):
The required demolition of the former Legend Executive Terminal as part of the agreement that set the current plans in motion is something that in hindsight will be seen as a mistake

This is a wasteful travesty and agree that 10 years from now it will be seen as a colosal blunder

DeltaXNA

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:30 pm

How many flight do you think they will cut back to on the DAL-HOU route?

bjorn14

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:42 pm

IIRC, the 5-party agreement ends in 2025 so they could build another terminal after that and fly internationally. Can FTW have international flights now.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

Cubsrule

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:59 pm

To be honest, Southwest shouldn't be allowed to bid on them, as they already have the majority of the gate space there and allowing them to control additional gates will raise concerns of them trying to stifle/block competition at DAL.

To be honest, AA shouldn't have to give them up, for exactly the reason you mentioned. But for whatever reason, the government has opted to treat the Metroplex as a single market, and under that construction, WN has as much of a right to them as anyone.

The planes have no power

Power isn't really needed domestically except on transcons. Charge everything up and take an extra laptop battery if you'll be on the laptop rather than a tablet. I haven't drained a battery on a domestic flight in years.

business select fares get you A 1-10 but the plane probably started 3 cities ago so the exit row is already full with thru passengers.

With business select, I'm in an exit row about 75 or 80 percent of the time that I want it. Frankly, I do better on WN than on some legacies because I often buy last minute.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

mach92

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:42 am

I'm batting 40% exit row on business select fares.

On AA booking last minute LTPT I am 90% exit row or isle seat.

Anyway I predict BOS, LGA, DCA, MDW, LAX, SFO, LAS, MCO, BWI

knope2001

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43 am

Quoting DeltaXNA (Reply 64):
How many flight do you think they will cut back to on the DAL-HOU route?

I took Q2 2013 stats for the largest 15 WN+FL local markets and compared them to the number of flights flown that quarter. Below are the results: total number of *local* passengers flown (both ways), then the number of local passengers, non-local passengers, and empty seats on each flight. Also I calculated the average daily number of one-way flights flown between the airports in that quarter, and also calculated the average number of one-way flights scheduled each day in the 3rd week of 2014.

pax/day … local/fl .. conf/fl .. empty/fl .. 2013 ow flts/day .. 2014 ow flts/day
2,055 …….. 47 …….. 51 …….. 34 …………….. 22 …………….. 23 ……………… DAL ….. HOU
1,980 …….. 80 …….. 16 …….. 48 …………….. 13 …………….. 11 ……………… BUR ….. OAK
1,818 …….. 86 …….. 27 …….. 19 …………….. 11 …………….. 10 ……………… BWI ….. FLL
1,806 …….. 79 …….. 31 …….. 25 …………….. 11 …………….. 10 ……………… BWI ….. MCO
1,759 …….. 99 …….. 24 …….. 19 ……………… 9 ………………. 9 ……………… MDWMCO
1,640 …….. 89 …….. 19 …….. 33 ……………… 9 ………………. 9 ……………… SJC ….. SAN
1,620 …….. 73 …….. 29 …….. 38 …………….. 11 …………….. 11 ……………… SAN ….. OAK
1,527 …….. 87 …….. 53 …….. 14 ……………… 9 ………………. 9 ……………… LAS ….. MDW
1,478 …….. 93 …….. 11 …….. 38 ……………… 8 ………………. 9 ……………… SJC ….. SNA
1,469 …….. 66 …….. 28 …….. 47 …………….. 11 …………….. 11 ……………… LAX ….. OAK
1,423 …….. 64 …….. 37 …….. 45 …………….. 11 …………….. 10 ……………… LAS ….. LAX
1,357 …….. 60 …….. 45 …….. 29 …………….. 11 …………….. 10 ……………… BWI ….. BOS
1,341 …….. 73 …….. 26 …….. 42 ……………… 9 ………………. 9 ……………… SJC ….. LAX
1,330 …….. 64 …….. 35 …….. 44 …………….. 10 …………….. 10 ……………… LAS ….. BUR
1,320 …….. 69 …….. 27 …….. 45 …………….. 10 ………………. 9 ……………… LAX ….. SFO

While many of these markets had local passenger counts in the 80's and 90's, the average DAL-HOU flight had a local count of 47 passengers. And some of the markets with relatively low numbers are showing one less frequency in 2014. DAL-HOU is not being reduced...it actually shows increasing from 22 to 23, but that could be because I used actual 2013 flights and perhaps cancelations made the average round down to 22/day. It's 25x on weekends with weekend reductions.

Looking back 5 years to Q2 of 2008 Southwest carried 2875 daily passengers between the cities (both ways). So last year's 2055/day is a drop of close to 29% in just 5 years -- especially notable considering both metro areas are growing at feverish rates. The two cities are only about 3-3.5 hours apart depending on exact origin and destination and it seems clear more people are choosing road over sky. Southwest could pull 10 weekday round trips and still have hourly service. Not sure they'll cut that far anytime soon, but it seems an obvious place to pull some flights when DAL is shaken up.

GSPSPOT

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:07 am

To be honest, Southwest shouldn't be allowed to bid on them, as they already have the majority of the gate space there and allowing them to control additional gates will raise concerns of them trying to stifle/block competition at DAL.

Agreed. WN getting the gates would also make a mockery of the DOJ's stipulations that are supposed to PROMOTE competition. How would the already-dominant carrier at DAL getting even more gates promote competition??
Great Lakes, great life.

n471wn

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:59 am

Quoting GSPSPOT (Reply 69):
Agreed. WN getting the gates would also make a mockery of the DOJ's stipulations that are supposed to PROMOTE competition. How would the already-dominant carrier at DAL getting even more gates promote competition??

Oh please.....AA controls the mighty DFW and you worry about SWA controlling the small DAL......Best to remember who the 500 pound gorilla is in the Dallas-Fort Worth area

capejet

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:22 am

Quoting n471wn (Reply 70):

There is lots of space at DFW. Dallas Love only has 4 gates that carriers besides WN can use, and 2 of them are controlled by UA.

I think opening up Love Field is a big mistake for the Dallas metropolitan area. The best move would have been to keep Love as a regional airport with flights restricted to the center of the country. That would really jump start the building of a new airport north of Plano where one is needed. Having DFW and Love both operating less than 10 miles apart does not make sense.

iowaman

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:37 am

Quoting capejet (Reply 71):
Having DFW and Love both operating less than 10 miles apart does not make sense.
That would really jump start the building of a new airport north of Plano where one is needed.

So you think it makes more sense to spend billions on a new airport north of Plano rather than use existing infrastructure at DAL? Also how does it make sense to have DFW, DAL, and a new airport near Plano all operating close together but you think DAL and DFW are too close?

capejet

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:46 am

For a metropolitan area as big as the DFW metroplex it makes no sense to have the 2 airports less than 10 miles apart. Yes, they are too close.

reality

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:53 am

Having DFW and Love both operating less than 10 miles apart does not make sense.

Actually 18.5 miles apart according to Google: (by car)

18.5 mi, 24 mins In current traffic: 25 mins
W State Hwy 114 W

capejet

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:09 am

Quoting reality (Reply 74):

You are looking at driving distance between the 2 airports. The airports are actually around 10 miles apart. I think Houston and Chicago have their 2 airports better situated for their metropolitan layout. Dallas, not as well.

airliner371

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:26 am

This isn't a thread to discuss whether you agree with the Wright Amendment appeal or who should get gates, this thread is about SWA revealing its first destinations post wright amendment. Please stick to the topic. There have been plenty of threads in this sites history on opinions of the repeal, this is not one of them.

737tdi

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:20 am

SWA can add all the non-stops they want. I live 5 minutes from DAL but will bypass for DFW/ AA unless they charge significantly less. SWA for a business traveler is still not good. The planes have no power, business select fares get you A 1-10 but the plane probably started 3 cities ago so the exit row is already full with thru passengers. Not to mention SWA has huge labor issues that need to be settled soon. They are riding dead last in DOT rankings for on-time. My last 9 SWA flights have all left late in the past month. Delta will get the gates they need. The City of Dallas want's Delta and UA to expand at DAL.

I have to say that some all encompassing statements are made here. If your last 9 flights left late you were very unfortunate. DAL has very high on time departures. Now if you are looking at your watch and saying to yourself, we were supposed to push pack at "****" tune then yes you might be right. That is not the standard. Did you get to your destination within 15 minutes of scheduled arrival time? I am sure you will say no because it seems you like DFW more then DAL. Rid yourself of the bias of the two airports and truly look at travel times and convenience. If you really live that close to LUV then you would know it takes an hour more to get to DFW and get through their pain in the butt security. If you don't want to fly WN then don't. It is very simple, if you do I guarantee you will have great customer service and policies. Go to DFW on a bad day and pay the fees to change your ticket??? Maybe it will never happen but When it does you will "sigh" and pay through the nose to reroute. JMO.

PW100

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Quoting ScottB (Reply 31):
Quote:SEC. 3. TREATMENT OF INTERNATIONAL NONSTOP FLIGHTS TO AND FROM LOVE FIELD, TEXAS.

No person shall provide, or offer to provide, air transportation of passengers for compensation or hire between Love Field, Texas, and any point or points outside the 50 States or the District of Columbia on a nonstop basis, and no official or employee of the Federal Government may take any action to make or designate Love Field as an initial point of entry into the United States or a last point of departure from the United States.

So this would allow DL to sell tickets like DAL-ATL-Europe for instance? Those international pax from Dallas transferring through ATL need not necessarily be funneled through DFW?

Thanks,
PW100
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"

OzarkD9S

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Quoting PW100 (Reply 78):

So this would allow DL to sell tickets like DAL-ATL-Europe for instance? Those international pax from Dallas transferring through ATL need not necessarily be funneled through DFW?

Thanks,

UA already offers DAL-IAH-International so yes.
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer Night's Dream

dadoftyler

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:20 pm

I think opening up Love Field is a big mistake for the Dallas metropolitan area.

Ummmm....sorry, but that ship has sailed. No more calls, we have a winner. As of 10/13/14 Love Field is open for domestic business, and there's no putting that genie back in the botte. However--you do raise a more interesting, and debatable, question. What about a 3rd, northern Metroplex airport to serve regional markets? McKinney has a nice field with decent-sized runways, although no commercial infrastructure--and McKinney/Frisco/Allen/north Plano is certainly the epicenter of high-end suburban growth in this area. Wonder if that could make a nice 3rd airport option for the area? Hmmmm........

SFOA380

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 8):
Currently many markets (ie ABQ) serve as the beyond gateway for DAL flights. In ABQ case for example with ability to serve markets like PHX/LAS and West Coast directly, the volume of ABQ stop becomes reduced to a large degree.

There must be several markets like this. I was on an LAX-ELP-DAL flight once and I think maybe 5 pax got off... Will be interesting to see how this develops.

GSPSPOT

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:33 pm

I think opening up Love Field is a big mistake for the Dallas metropolitan area. The best move would have been to keep Love as a regional airport with flights restricted to the center of the country. That would really jump start the building of a new airport north of Plano where one is needed. Having DFW and Love both operating less than 10 miles apart does not make sense.

I love it. Helps ensure that Dallas remains the center of the ever-growing Metroplex. Plus, the two airports' proximity to each other minimizes the differences in transit time from most areas, which keeps comparisons between flights/airports honest IMO.

Now... back to the subject at hand. I can't wait to see the actual list of markets added.

[Edited 2014-02-02 09:35:58]

[Edited 2014-02-02 09:41:57]
Great Lakes, great life.

cessna2

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:50 pm

So it makes no sense for airlines to use MDW and ORD? MIA and FLL? JFK, LGA, and EWR? LAX, SNA, LGB, and BUR? IAH and HOU? DAL and DFW serve two distinctive purposes for the airlines who have "bases" there. Let me tell you what doesn't make sense...your comment above.

Sooner787

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Quoting n471wn (Reply 59):
You are absolutely right and it is a travesty that the fastest growing area in the country limits its airport options---not only should Love grown but another airport west and north of DFW is needed

As a lifelong Metroplex resident, I'm waiting for someone to jump into the Collin County Arpt
up in McKinney. The way that area is booming, it would be a perfect place to start
regional flights from. Heck, that airport is an hour's drive NE of DFW   

milemaster

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Quoting dadoftyler (Reply 80):
McKinney/Frisco/Allen/north Plano is certainly the epicenter of high-end suburban growth in this area. Wonder if that could make a nice 3rd airport option for the area? Hmmmm........

Maybe some cheap flights to Orlando so the flimsy McMansion owning parents can take little Madison, Aiden, Jayden, Brayden, Haiden, Caden, Raiden, or Preston to Disney world.

(Anything to reduce the once a year flyer stroller brigade from clogging up the security lines at DFW)

[Edited 2014-02-02 10:28:51]

dadoftyler

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:46 pm

Quoting milemaster (Reply 85):
Maybe some cheap flights to Orlando so the flimsy McMansion owning parents can take little Madison, Aiden, Jayden, Brayden, Haiden, Caden, Raiden, or Preston to Disney world.

Okay, Milemaster, you just made me snort iced tea through my nose. NAILED IT bud. My two stepdaughters live in McKinney and you just called roll for both of their Girl Scout Troops. (Any one need cookies, BTW???) But while I don't want to derail this thread and take it off-topic, I think a discussion of how new air service option to serve the exploding DFW Metroplex might be interesting. (Perhaps another thread--Mods please let me know!) Like many areas DFW--both sides of the "barbell"--are growing primarily North, with the Dallas side nearly up to Grayson County (Sherman--Oklahoma border) now. When will it be optimal to open a 3rd airport, and where should it be?

Old-fart sidebar....I remember when Plano was a gas-station stop on a 2-lane (each way) US75, and Frisco was literally a flashing yellow light on Preston Road with its biggest calling card being a feed store. WOW have things changed....

Bill

justplanenutz

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Quoting dadoftyler (Reply 86):
Frisco was literally a flashing yellow light on Preston Road with its biggest calling card being a feed store

Yeah, but that store on the corner had a pickup truck selling hot tamales on weekends, so it was a big deal.

point2point

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Why exactly do you think WN will just hand business to their competitors on their own home turf? DAL & WN are essentially synonymous to most people in the Metroplex.

I don't think that I wanted to imply that WN is simply going to hand over these markets to competitors, but if there is going to be competition on some routes, maybe it's better for WN to look for lower hanging fruit. WN can offer a 2-3X dailies to DEN or ATL (or any others), rather than 4-5X dailies, if UA or DL (or other carriers) are going to be flying the routes as well. Wouldn't it be better for WN to adjust down to a few of these markets, and add a few where there will be no competition? That's just my thoughts.

At least with UA and their couple of gates, even if they have 6-7X dailies to IAH, UA would still have a dozen extra flights to/from DAL to their hubs.

wwtraveler99

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Quoting mach92 (Reply 67):
'm batting 40% exit row on business select fares.

On AA booking last minute LTPT I am 90% exit row or isle seat.

Maybe you should compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.

If you are going to include "or isle seat" then you would be at 100% with WN.

Also please get your facts correct when trying to bad-mouth an airline. Business select is A1-15 no A1-10 as you originally posted.

If you don't like a particular carrier that choice is yours. But not need to be negitive. Just don;t fly with them. I use many carriers UA AA B6 WN AS. Each has things I don't like but taken as a whole each is a good carrier.

WW

744lover

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi,

SWA just announced the destinations:

Beginning Oct. 13, 2014, Southwest Airlines will launch nonstop service from Dallas Love Field to:

Baltimore/Washington (BWI)
Denver
Las Vegas
Orlando
Chicago Midway
Beginning Nov. 2, 2014, Southwest Airlines will launch nonstop service from Dallas Love Field to:

Atlanta
Nashville
Washington, D.C. (Reagan National)
Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood
Los Angeles (LAX)
New York (LaGuardia)
Phoenix
San Diego
Orange County/Santa Ana
Tampa

Source: http://www.swamedia.com/releases/big...announces-new-nonstop-destinations

Br,
744lover

airliner371

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:22 pm

There is now a thread on the official announcement, please begin posting in the [Southwest: Dallas To Add 15 Destinations] thread.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Cool - 15 new nonstop destinations.

Waiting to see what the frequencies are going to be.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

mercure1

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:01 pm

I am surprised such significant regulations baring domestic flight activity was allowed in the US.

But now good for people of Dallas and Southwest.

Sounds like there will be some client diversion from DFW (and maybe loss for AA).
mercure f-wtcc

LAXintl
Topic Author

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:30 pm

From SWA corporate email.

=
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

airliner371

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:38 pm

mercure1

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:49 pm

That Dallas route map looks very much like Braniff II as I recall. Funny
mercure f-wtcc

iowaman

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:54 pm

As others have said previously there is another thread going with the revealed destinations. It makes sense to archive this one and keep that one going as members don't have to read through this long thread to find out the destinations. It is available here: Southwest: Dallas To Add 15 Destinations (by stlgph Feb 3 2014 in Civil Aviation)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos