Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

elbandgeek
Topic Author

UA Team USA Commercial

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:02 pm

http://youtu.be/Nsj3AN7VXJ4
Once again, UA is the official airline of the US Olympic team so as usual they've put out a new commercial to run during the games. I have to say I'm really fond of it, it's similar in style to the ones they ran for London but this time features the athletes all onboard one plane. I don't remember if the London one had actual athletes or just actors but this one has skater Gracie Gold, and luger Erin Hamlin among others.

Mir

RE: UA Team USA Commercial

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Quoting elbandgeek (Thread starter):
I don't remember if the London one had actual athletes or just actors but this one has skater Gracie Gold, and luger Erin Hamlin among others.

And Jim Harbaugh. Which I don't understand at all.

But it's a really good ad, which UA will put out from time to time. I just wish they put that much effort into actually running the airline.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Rdh3e

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 1):
And Jim Harbaugh. Which I don't understand at all.

Huh? Where did you see Harbaugh?

smi0006

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:32 pm

I like it, up until the point where the flight attendant walks down the aisle with her long hair out. Nasty, don't want her serving my food! I wouldn't want any food handler having their hair out like that! Surely UA also wants to portray a more professional image of it's staff too, with more professional grooming? If the hair isn't in the food, she at least would be touching her hair constantly to get it out of her face as she plates it in Business or First...

PEK777

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:54 pm

Quoting smi0006 (Reply 3):

I like it, up until the point where the flight attendant walks down the aisle with her long hair out. Nasty, don't want her serving my food! I wouldn't want any food handler having their hair out like that! Surely UA also wants to portray a more professional image of it's staff too, with more professional grooming? If the hair isn't in the food, she at least would be touching her hair constantly to get it out of her face as she plates it in Business or First...

Especially the dinosaur UA flight attendants who have all the gray hairs falling out at their age.   
SA7700, u mad bro?

[Edited 2014-02-07 15:56:22]

CALMSP

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:11 am

that wasnt Harbaugh, that was the pilot

shaq

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:00 am

Oh my, McGarryBowen is doing a really good job for United. I like the ad.
Studying hard, for flying right!

eastern747

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Really nice ad, and I can say I never get tired of the music. It would be nice if UA ran like the ad. Totally opposite, IMHO.

JAAlbert

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:53 pm

I love the hockey team rushing the gate - sorta like what happens at every gate flight minus the protective gear. And the ice skating flight attendant. Cute.

Does UA actually have any flights in to Sochi???

blueflyer

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Charter flights only.

n92r03

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:09 pm

Quoting PEK777 (Reply 4):
like it, up until the point where the flight attendant walks down the aisle with her long hair out. Nasty, don't want her serving my food! I wouldn't want any food handler having their hair out like that! Surely UA also wants to portray a more professional image of it's staff too, with more professional grooming? If the hair isn't in the food, she at least would be touching her hair constantly to get it out of her face as she plates it in Business or First...

It is a commercial and a good one. Last time I checked, no ski-jumpers were flying the baggage ramp either...

CALMSP

Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 pm

flight leaving sochi heading back to SFO tomorrow.

Coalways

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Quoting smi0006 (Reply 3):

I'm sure she serving up food and drinks during a filming of a commercial  

Great Commercial    to U N I T E D!

jumpjets

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Loved it - rivals the BA advert for the London 2012 games as one of my favourite airline ads.

I particularly like the ski-jumper being loaded into the hold - very clever.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos