rwy04lga

RE: Celebrities Unhappy With AA?

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Quoting WA707atMSP (Reply 49):
I think anyone in a customer service job - at the airport, Starbucks, anywhere - should be allowed to say to a verbally abusive customer "I hope someone treats your daughter the way you are treating me" without being fired, or even reprimanded.

I think a better thing to say is..."I hope NOBODY treats your daughter the way you are treating me". They can't complain about that!
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue

DTWPurserBoy

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:42 am

Now this is where I stand up when I am not in uniform and I tell off the abusive customer, calling them a coward because they know the agent will not answer back. That is called bullying. So I take it upon MYSELF to tell them to "F*** Off."
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

RyanairGuru

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:59 am

Quoting DTWPurserBoy (Reply 51):
So I take it upon MYSELF to tell them to "F*** Off."

Good for you.

I work in retail and my store manager once told someone to "get the f*** out of my store". I'm not sure that I have the balls to do it, not least because protocol says I should be disciplined, but I do tell people to get out, without added profanities. It's good that people such as yourself have the spine to tell people exactly what they are.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

777STL

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:28 am

Quoting IADLHR (Reply 43):
She is, in my opinion, lacking in talent but makes up for it by being one of the more infamous divas of our time. She started out in some musicals on Broadway , had a few tv pilots that, excuse the pun, did not take off and she went back to NYC. She was in "Promises Promises on Broadway " with Sean Hayes and was upstaged by him and others.

http://officialkristinchenoweth.com/

That's funny, she's dating Dana Brunetti who I follow on Twitter. He just posted a picture taken on an AA flight with her to Cabo this morning.
PHX based

ckfred

Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:47 am

Quoting n92r03 (Reply 42):
One question; Who is Kristen Chenowith? Yes I know about Google, but seriously, I would not know her if she walked into my house.

Her main claim to fame is being Glinda in the original Broadway production of "Wicked". She was nominated for best actress in a musical, but lost to co-star Idina Menzel (who was the voice of the Ice Queen in Disney's "Frozen". Chenoweth has also been the advertising face for Royal Caribbean's next ship, Quantum of the Seas.

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 47):
Tweeting is a way to contact customer service. I often recommend it as the best option to my passengers, because they get an almost immediate response. Also, the 140 character limit encourages passengers to keep their complaints short and to the point instead of rambling on irately

I was taught not to air diry laundry in public. Griping about something on Twitter is like dressing down a subordinate in a hallway, where every other employee can hear the conversation. You do that in an office or conference room, with the door shut.

And blame it on my being a lawyer, but I can't make a complaint in 140 characters. Just getting the day, date, flight number, origin and destination probably gets me to 140 characters. I like to think that an appropriate response may take more than a few minutes to put together, especially if I'm wanting some sort of compensation, like vouchers or AAdvantage miles.

RayChuang

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:01 am

If you're a really A-list celebrity, you're usually not flying commercial--not with fractional ownership of private jets available. In fact, a number of celebrities now own private jets, the best-known of which is John Travolta with his well-known Boeing 707-138B.

Is someone like George Clooney going to fly commercial? I think not.

RWA380

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 am

Quoting KBJCpilot (Reply 35):
Comfort animals nothing more than a "first world problem". Can you imagine an adult 30+ years ago needing a comfort animal? The wussification of America continues.

All I am going to say is, I know a 50+ y/o woman who has a dog that can sense her oncoming seizures, giving her advance notice of the event, thus allowing her to get herself situated before the event occurs. The dog also remains at her side until the event is over. What a comfort that must be knowing that animal is there for her while she goes through this.

All I have read is unintentionally offensive remarks about this subject. There will always be those who, with either money or connections, will obtain something they otherwise could not get.

But to diminish the program, also diminishes those it truly helps. I'm encouraging us as a community to take a more sympathetic view of those things we do not fully understand.

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 47):
Anyone remember the therapy pig on US about a decade ago?

Yes, this was a US flight to PDX from CLT, IIRC. Tha pig really left a hell of a mess to clean up, in more than one way ...
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

IADLHR

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:11 pm

Quoting RayChuang (Reply 55):

Is someone like George Clooney going to fly commercial? I think not.

George Clooney does at least sometimes sometimes fly commercial. . One time my wife and I were on UA FCO-IAD and sitting in the gate area. There was a man with glasses and a cap sitting and working the crossword puzzle. When they announced first class boarding he got up, took off his glasses and boarded. Only than did we realize who it was.

Upon arrival at IAD he waited in the line at customs just like everyone else.My wife and I left customs just s few feet behind him. He was well dressed, very humble demeanor and a total class act.

His parents live in DC and he has a house in Italy. Later in the paper it was reported that he came to DC for his fathers birthday. Since that time I have heard FAs and others say that he does fly commercial quite often.

[Edited 2014-03-05 05:12:28]

BA0197

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:28 pm

I worked as a Gate agent for AA for 1.5 years. We did have a son of a frequent CK holder that thought it was in his rights to take a dog for free onboard and apparently got away with it in other cities and indeed I'm sure at my airport flying AA several times.

On boarding a flight we saw him with a dog, yet with no pet PNR in the record. We asked him to pay the service charge for an inflight cabin dog and went on and on how he never had to before and that he was the son of a CK.....

Next week he came back, with an emotional support statement for his dog. We naturally had to let him on and not charge him a fee due to the dog being "essential for his well being".

I have never been so ashamed to be a member of the human race. A blatant lie and taking advantage of people that actually need one just because he thinks he should be above the rules.

777STL

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Quoting RayChuang (Reply 55):
If you're a really A-list celebrity, you're usually not flying commercial--not with fractional ownership of private jets available. In fact, a number of celebrities now own private jets, the best-known of which is John Travolta with his well-known Boeing 707-138B.

I think you’d be surprised. The paparazzo camp out LAX, JFK and the like. Just pick up one of the gossip ‘rags and look at the front section where they publish those pictures and you’ll see they fly commercial quite often, even the upper eschelon A-listers. For example, Brad and Angelina are seen all the time in the commercial terminals at LAX. They just came back from Australia where he was shooting a movie and then left for Europe a few days later – both on commercial scheduled airlines.

From personal experience, I’ve seen plenty of A-listers in AA’s clubs at LAX and a whole slew of B, C, and D listers. They’re practically around every corner.
PHX based

DTWPurserBoy

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:10 pm

I had Elizabeth Taylor on my flight from DFW to IAD on my birthday in May of 1975. As we were taxiing out for takeoff and I was standing in front of the cabin to do my demo, the lead f/a told everyone that it was my birthday. The whole 727 sang "Happy Birthday" to me--I would have crawled under the carpet but I know what is down there. When we landed at IAD (they were still using the people movers back then) I was standing at the forward entry door getting ready to open it. The cockpit door was open because all the pilots wanted to see Elizabeth Taylor who was standing right next to me. She looked up at me and asked "Is today really your birthday?" I said "Yes, ma'am, it is." She crooked her finger and I leaned down and she kissed me on the cheek and said "Happy Birthday." I thought the captain was going to stroke out. A once in a lifetime experience.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

bohica

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:38 pm

I understand AA is negotiating with Airbus to purchase a fleet of A380's and base them in LAX. This is so AA can fly the celebrities egos.

slvrblt

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 52):
Quoting RWA380 (Reply 56):
All I am going to say is, I know a 50+ y/o woman who has a dog that can sense her oncoming seizures, giving her advance notice of the event, thus allowing her to get herself situated before the event occurs. The dog also remains at her side until the event is over. What a comfort that must be knowing that animal is there for her while she goes through this.

All I have read is unintentionally offensive remarks about this subject. There will always be those who, with either money or connections, will obtain something they otherwise could not get.

But to diminish the program, also diminishes those it truly helps. I'm encouraging us as a community to take a more sympathetic view of those things we do not fully understand.

I totally agree with that but you are confusing an emotional support animal ( mostly baloney, sorry) with a trained service animal (highly specialized, elite creatures). Some examples of the latter are seeing-eye dogs, seizure detectors as you described above, and hearing impaired. These animals have received particular, specific training to fulfill a particular need.
..everything works out in the end.

ckfred

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 am

Quoting 777stl (Reply 59):
I think you’d be surprised. The paparazzo camp out LAX, JFK and the like. Just pick up one of the gossip ‘rags and look at the front section where they publish those pictures and you’ll see they fly commercial quite often, even the upper eschelon A-listers. For example, Brad and Angelina are seen all the time in the commercial terminals at LAX. They just came back from Australia where he was shooting a movie and then left for Europe a few days later – both on commercial scheduled airlines.

From personal experience, I’ve seen plenty of A-listers in AA’s clubs at LAX and a whole slew of B, C, and D listers. They’re practically around every corner.

A friend of mine is an AA pilot who flies in and out of LAX a lot. He has seen everyone, from movies to television to TV news to sports.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos