Dalavia

RE: MH370 Malaysia Airlines B772 Missing Enroute KUL-PEK Part 28

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:10 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 89):
This is why he says IFN (Isfahan)

Flying With Fish ‏@flyingwithfish 2m
@mindoca @jn_moore @polaris01usa My determination for IFN is known distance, runway, infrastructure to support aircraft arrival, etc

I just had a look at Esfahan Airport on Google Maps (satellite view).

It certainly has some decent runways.

Interestingly, right next door is 8th Shekari Air Base.

There certainly seem to be some large buildings around the place that could accommodate a 777..

None of this is in ANY way conclusive of course, but neither does any of it contradict the hypothesis in any way.

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:10 am

Quoting YVRLTN (Reply 96):
It does - the only thing that would make it work - and I dont agree that it does FWIW - is if the pilots were NOT in on the game and this was done by pax who entered the cockpit and made the crew do things or else. IF - and again I dont believe it did - it did go to Iran, then there are two obvious suspects, the Iranians on board with false passports.

Funny how we haven't heard about those 2 chaps after the initial investigation dismissed them as mere asylum seekers headed towards Europe. Also that photo that came out that showed the 2 men, clearly was photoshopped. Who is to say those 2 weren't Iranian Inteligence agents planning this operation?; and that the passport stealing was part of the plan? And what of that Mr. Ali?...that lead has gone cold as well.

SuseJ772

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:11 am

Quoting edmountain (Reply 94):
Not sure I understand the value of this. Has the idea of it being somewhere along one of the arcs at 0811h has been abandoned?

Flying with Fish was reporting that US Intelligence said the plane flew 3,675 miles - which is a pretty specific number. It of course isn't official, but Flying with Fish has been pretty spot on early release of information so far. So I drew a map to show where 3,675 miles - assuming the IGREX route - would put you.
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:12 am

Quoting undertheradar (Reply 101):
wow...just wow!!! ..just gives me more cause to debunk FWF ... (i'm reading between the lines...psychologically)

why would you debunk him? Clearly he has sources inside the TSA/DHS and the TSA wasn't happy about it. They wouldn't go after him if he didn't have sources and was just making stuff up.

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:17 am

Well there may be an answer to the phone question, however scary it might be:

Flying With Fish ‏@flyingwithfish 50s
@PCarSBA Maybe if you wanted everyone’s phone you take an infant on board and use it incentive for all phones to be turned over

i'm guessing that's just him spitballing.

TheWipp

Story about pilots wife can be found here via google:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2507796/pg1

Seems like it's eben some Chinese news. There's a link to The story in The Mirror Uk. I dont buy it though, Sounds like they just have 2 houses.

mandala499

Quoting nupogodi (Reply 67):
You've basically just admitted to hijacking this aircraft, you terrorist...

I forgot to mention that I am also a Muslim... I enjoy smoking in aircraft cockpits when they allow me, and yes, I love chatting women up in the cockpit too (but usually the FAs). I wonder if that makes people conclude more that I did it...

Quoting B2707SST (Reply 70):
Thus, the aircraft landing in Iran is not possible unless the SATCOM pings were either shut down while the aircraft was still flying (e.g. the infamous E/E bay breaker theory)

The SatCom control boxes are not in the E/E bay where the transponder and ACARS control boxes are.

The sad thing now is that, the airplane can also be anywhere as the SatCom can be deactivated as soon as they reached the ground...

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 77):
have took it down, then yes, your Flight Simulator becomes relevant.

So my FS experience becomes more relevant than my maintenance manuals that enabled the heist to be so mysterious?
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

undertheradar

Quoting Starlionblue (Reply 98):

LOL... you believe a 'profile' on the www.

ranold76

Quoting nupogodi (Reply 54):
Yup, that's what I said. It's not a path, it's more like a ... region of probability? For any one ping that they receive, they can calculate an approximate circle of unknown-to-us width on the surface of the earth.

I know it's not a path, it's within the range of the arc to the geosat position location. That is why I mentioned deviation from that arc, as it likely isn't bang on. That is why I was curious about an hour earlier and two hours earlier etc. If it was 30 degress, then 40 degrees...then it's hitting/heading somewhat eastward, regardless of it being north or south etc.
To me, the aircraft is on land...and that is northward. Of the countries on/near that arc...draw your own conclusions logically.

[Edited 2014-03-15 21:20:21]

max999

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:18 am

The New York Times has a damning report that says the Malaysian military missed an opportunity to intercept the plane as it was flying west across the country even though it passed over 3 radar stations. And the report also says the government directed search efforts to the east even as they were aware of the radar data was pointing west; they knew about this data the same day the plane disappeared.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/wo...task-of-finding-flight-370.html?hp

I personally think the government and military are incompetent and totally disorganized...and they've been trying to cover their butts ever since this started a week ago.
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

davidzill

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:18 am

I doubt the aircraft could enter Iranian airspace without government cooperation. With the threat of Israeli strikes against Iran nuclear facilities and U.S. drones, you can bet that an unidentified blip on their radar would be dealt with immediately. Iran has been very quiet lately, and international events taking the spotlight off of them, this would be the best time for them to pull off an operation to commandeer and aircraft. Why and for what means? That is up for the CIA to find out and I'm sure they are quietly all over this one at this point.

B2707SST

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:22 am

I see a few major problems with both the "guided missile" and Uighur hostage situation theories:

Guided Missile

If I'm a terrorist planning to use an aircraft as a guided missile, my best option is to hijack it a la 9/11 and use it immediately. This maximizes the element of surprise and takes advantage of natural confusion about what's going on; by the time the enemy responds, you've already done what you're looking to do.

My next-best option is to source a plane as quietly and discreetly as I can. A worn-out DC-10 from Biman (or an abandoned African 727, for that matter) bought for a few million dollars through a front company would be perfect. Call it whatever you want, a future executive jet, flying hospital, A&P trainer aircraft. As long as your cash is good, no one's going to pay much attention if you fly it off to a third-tier airport in SE Asia.

The absolute worst option would be this scenario: hijack a modern, impeccably-safe airliner full of passengers, sit on it for over a week, and in the process create one of the biggest stories of the last decade. The search for this aircraft has become probably the largest S&R operation in modern history. Every government in the region (and many well outside it) has been alerted and is looking for you. We now have thousands of internet volunteers combing through satellite footage trying to find 9M-MRO. If radar operators weren't as curious as they should have been about unidentified primary returns a few weeks ago, you can bet they're paying attention now.

Terrorists maximize their impact by taking advantage of unprepared, complacent targets, not by alerting them to their own vulnerability. If you're trying to create a spectacular mass casualty event, an airplane is a force multiplier - a means to an end, not an end in itself. Hijacking one and then just making it disappear is completely nonsensical.

Uighur Hostage Situation

The Uighur hostage theory makes a bit more sense, but still has some big problems. First, do the flight crew have any known connection to Uighurs? It doesn't seem like it, and if a flight-trained passenger was responsible for this, why not maximize your impact by hijacking a Chinese-flagged aircraft? Malaysia seems like a rather odd target, since it's a country that has done a pretty good job of staying out of the major geopolitical fights recently.

Also, if you're the Chinese government and learn about the hijacking while the plane's still in the air, wouldn't you immediately blare the news to the high heavens? This gives China exactly what it wants most: moral authority to come down even harder on separatists and dissidents. Once you have every news outlet in the world running endless stories about Muslim extremists hijacking a plane full of peaceful calligraphers, you've won the argument whatever the outcome of this particular incident.

China has consistently tried to make its internal problems with the Uighurs part of the "global war on terror", just as the Russians have with the Chechens - and every time a Russian airliner gets bombed or a theater taken captive, Putin makes sure we know who's responsible right away. China would do no less.

-B2707SST
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

edmountain

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:22 am

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 104):
Flying with Fish was reporting that US Intelligence said the plane flew 3,675 miles - which is a pretty specific number. It of course isn't official, but Flying with Fish has been pretty spot on early release of information so far. So I drew a map to show where 3,675 miles - assuming the IGREX route - would put you.

Thanks. Seems to me that unless we are to completely throw out the arcs (and I see no reason to do so) then the highest probability locations would be those points on the arcs that can be reached by a 3675nm flight path.

Alas, because the route is not constrained this still leaves a lot of uncertainty. Also the arcs are, I'm sure, not as clearly demarcated in reality as they are represented as being. We don't know how thick they are, for example.

shortstack81

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:23 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 105):
why would you debunk him? Clearly he has sources inside the TSA/DHS and the TSA wasn't happy about it. They wouldn't go after him if he didn't have sources and was just making stuff up.

Even though his data are consistent, and bits of it are confirmed within 24 hours, they only seem to be leaking to him. If they're leaking to other journalists, they're not saying anything.

[Edited 2014-03-15 21:24:33]

capri

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:25 am

so why still China quiet about those 20 engineers????

SuseJ772

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:25 am

Quoting mandala499 (Reply 108):
So my FS experience becomes more relevant than my maintenance manuals that enabled the heist to be so mysterious?

I didn't say more relevant. Those would be pretty relevant too. Especially if you highlighted something   

Using FWF mileage, this is about the closest I can get from IGREX to an airport in Iran while avoiding Sri Lanka and India's airspace (I think). http://skyvector.com/?ll=25.24999561...AL:F.VO.IGREX:G.40.488966,93.50004

Dalavia

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:26 am

Quoting shortstack81 (Reply 115):
Even though his data are consistent, and bits of it are confirmed within 24 hours, they only seem to be leaking to him. If they're leaking to other journalists, they're not saying anything.

I am not sure about that.

Weren't the WSJ articles based on high level leaks, perhaps from similar sources?

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:26 am

Quoting davidzill (Reply 112):

I doubt the aircraft could enter Iranian airspace without government cooperation. With the threat of Israeli strikes against Iran nuclear facilities and U.S. drones, you can bet that an unidentified blip on their radar would be dealt with immediately. Iran has been very quiet lately, and international events taking the spotlight off of them, this would be the best time for them to pull off an operation to commandeer and aircraft. Why and for what means? That is up for the CIA to find out and I'm sure they are quietly all over this one at this point.

Rahani would invite a possible regime change by the major powers of the world. You can bet the US and China would team up to do it too, since the plane was full of Chinese citizens. What i think is that its a faction within the Iranian regime, a faction that is powerful and obviously has the support of the mullahs and Iranian military, that did this. Obviously nothing is confirmed but i'm going to go with this theory. Rahani would never do something like this because he knows he would be finished...immediately.

virgin744

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 am

Something odd about the Texas Instruments twitter post..Why would they offer condolences to the family of the employees on the plane if it hasn't technically been confirmed as crashed yet, and no-one has been officially confirmed as died in said crash.....?

Unless they know something more than whats reported surely its very premature to suggest or state a person has died before any evidence to support it. Obviously this sort of incident usually ends up as only 1 bad outcome but its a very strange situation that's evolving and until they find any plane wreckage its surprising to already pass judgment I would say.

AR385

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:28 am

I would think that if Iran is in on this at any level. Let me rephrase this, if the government of Iran, is in on this at any level, they´ve just turned themselves into a complete pariah of the international community for the next 50 years.

The resultant destruction of their economy and demise of said government is not what the regime, crazy as it has behaved, would be looking for.

I seriously doubt any Iranian connection.

tapir

Quoting capri (Reply 116):

Politically, China and Malaysia cooperate in many issues. Maybe, they too not telling the whole truth and waiting for Malaysia to come clean. I am speculating, of course.

CaliAtenza

they are leaking to the WSJ as well; even if its a little later. The WSJ broke the story about the pings. Their reporter was on NPR and gave an interview in which he actually said the plane probably landed somewhere.

SuseJ772

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:29 am

Quoting edmountain (Reply 114):
Thanks. Seems to me that unless we are to completely throw out the arcs (and I see no reason to do so) then the highest probability locations would be those points on the arcs that can be reached by a 3675nm flight path.

The arcs didn't quite make sense to me. Are we suppose to believe he flew the arc percisely, or are these just points that he hit, but could have continued to move from there? I seriously doubt he knew the satellite arc to follow, but maybe I am missing something in what the arc data means.

Probably because other journalists are worried about fact checking and an editorial board where as FWF probably isn't.

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:29 am

Quoting nupogodi (Reply 97):
Talking to too many towers at once does actually pose a problem, but assuming you had good signal strength and the network was robust enough to switch you from tower to tower gracefully, speed still causes a very practical problem: the multiplexing. GSM works reliably only up to speeds of about 200m/h, because of time-division multiplexing. Past that speed, by the time you get your cue to go and respond, you've already missed your time slot! Now, of course, this changes when you're high in the air, since straight-line distance between you and the tower isn't changing at Mach 0.84 even though your horizontal distance is, but it is a contributing factor.

High speeds + low signal = good luck making a successful handshake, let alone transmission.

I've never seen any kind of usable signal above ~6000ft even above dense areas with robust networks :/ I don't know.

GSM doesn't even support soft-handoffs and the phone picks the tower to talk to. Not to mention GSM has a max range of 114829 feet if your talking about TDMA limitations which would take you at least 2 minutes to travel through. All you need is to get registered with one tower for one moment for the cell provider to have a rough location fix on your phone and for a text to go through it doesn't need to be reliable or constant. The maximum speed is not a constant figure and depends on the network and cell site arrangement.

Edit: the 250km/hr is the design figure for the specification to be within normal parameters not the ultimate limits at which things could still partially work. (getting texts only through randomly doesn't count as "working" according to the spec which doesn't even consider a text only network as that was added later piggy backing off control message note text fields)

[Edited 2014-03-15 21:48:01]

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:30 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 121):
I would think that if Iran is in on this at any level. Let me rephrase this, if the government of Iran, is in on this at any level, they´ve just turned themselves into a complete pariah of the international community for the next 50 years.

The resultant destruction of their economy and demise of said government is not what the regime, crazy as it has behaved, would be looking for.

I seriously doubt any Iranian connection.

what if its not the entire government, but just a faction? Clearly we know Rohani doesn't really run all the show in Iran; the Mullahs and Military are behind the curtain pulling the rest of the strings.

B2707SST

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:32 am

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 124):
The arcs didn't quite make sense to me. Are we suppose to believe he flew the arc percisely, or are these just points that he hit, but could have continued to move from there? I seriously doubt he knew the satellite arc to follow, but maybe I am missing something in what the arc data means.

Please read my post 70 above. The airplane was somewhere ON, or very near, those arcs when it sent its final SATCOM ping. This means it was nowhere near an Indian Ocean route to Iran.
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

edmountain

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:32 am

Quoting Dalavia (Reply 102):
I just had a look at Esfahan Airport on Google Maps (satellite view).

It certainly has some decent runways.

Interestingly, right next door is 8th Shekari Air Base.

There certainly seem to be some large buildings around the place that could accommodate a 777..

None of this is in ANY way conclusive of course, but neither does any of it contradict the hypothesis in any way.

Recognizing that @flyingwithfish has a proven track record, I remain highly skeptical of the "safe on the ground in enemy hands" theories.

I still don't see how any terrorist group--be they Iranian or otherwise--would remain silent in such a scenario. Surely, recognizing they have just scored a significant victory by virtue of capturing (intact) an airliner and 200+ hostages, they would be doing everything in their power to make it known to the world. They would see that this was their 15 minutes and they would be doing their best to be remembered for it.

Yet here we are, more than a week out, and I've heard no claims of responsibility let alone Youtube videos etc.

777Jet

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:33 am

Quoting phantomx18 (Reply 90):
Has anyone postulated that maybe the pilot was gay

That was a theory on the Ethiopian 767 incident a few weeks ago. Nonetheless, the Ethiopian incident illustrates just how easy it is for one pilot to hi-jack / take over their own aircraft. Maybe the Ethopian incident helped this event become reality for somebody...
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

nupogodi

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:34 am

The arcs didn't quite make sense to me. Are we suppose to believe he flew the arc percisely

Gods no. Please read the thread.
A man must know how to look before he can hope to see.

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:42 am

Quoting edmountain (Reply 128):
Recognizing that @flyingwithfish has a proven track record, I remain highly skeptical of the "safe on the ground in enemy hands" theories.

I still don't see how any terrorist group--be they Iranian or otherwise--would remain silent in such a scenario. Surely, recognizing they have just scored a significant victory by virtue of capturing (intact) an airliner and 200+ hostages, they would be doing everything in their power to make it known to the world. They would see that this was their 15 minutes and they would be doing their best to be remembered for it.

Yet here we are, more than a week out, and I've heard no claims of responsibility let alone Youtube videos etc.

according to him, its not about the other hostages or the plane; its specifically either about the cargo in the hold or those 20 employees from Freescale. Its not "terrorism" per se; more like a hijack to get those specific people.

shortstack81

The arcs are not the path of the aircraft. They're related to where the aircraft possibly was based on the pings to the satellite, which is in a geosynchronous orbit.

IADLHR

Quoting capri (Reply 76):
how about US knew in advance what wld happen and were already on board and rescued it and took it to Guam????? doeas Guam falls in 7.5 hrs flight?

The problem is that there is no place to hide the plane in Guam. By this time someone would have seen it and workd would have leaked out.

TheWipp

Quoting edmountain (Reply 128):

That flying fish guy is not talking about terrorism in a 'classical' way. He's talking about landing the plane, taking "cargo" (probably the Freescale workers) off, and eliminating everything else.
That's probably also the reason he writes things like "value is not always $$$" and stuff like that.

Not sure if I'm buying his tweets, just trying to explain them.

11Bravo

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:43 am

I seriously doubt he knew the satellite arc to follow, but maybe I am missing something in what the arc data means.

I think you do misunderstand. The northern and southern arcs are an intersection point not a flight path. The aircraft's last position was somewhere on one of these arcs. It wasn't flying a course along the arc, it was crossing the arc. It was at a point somewhere on one of the two arcs flying in an unknown direction.
WhaleJets Rule!

SuseJ772

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:44 am

Quoting B2707SST (Reply 127):
Please read my post 70 above. The airplane was somewhere ON, or very near, those arcs when it sent its final SATCOM ping. This means it was nowhere near an Indian Ocean route to Iran.

Fair enough. I definitely concede that I don't know enough about SATCOM and the calculations that go into it.

The only place where the SATCOM and the new FWF mileage intersect is West of Southern Australia or Middle of Kazakhstan

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=3000nm%...C=red&DU=mi&SU=kts&RS=best&RC=navy

flyenthu

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:44 am

I was thinking of all that has taken place since MH 370 went missing. A lot of it is complex with many angles and twists and turns. So, I was trying to break this event down and trying to make it relatable and came up with this: someone unlocking my parked car in a shopping mall in front of the public with a stolen key and driving away without a trace, just vanished.

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:45 am

Quoting 11Bravo (Reply 135):
I think you do misunderstand. The northern and southern arcs are an intersection point not a flight path. The aircraft's last position was somewhere on one of these arcs. It wasn't flying a course along the arc, it was crossing the arc. It was at a point somewhere on one of the two arcs flying in an unknown direction.

That and the sat arc's estimate endpoint doesn't mean the flight was there it just means that is the limits of where they think it could be according to the sat estimate. It could very well be in the middle of the arc or doing erratic circles around the arc for all we know. It is more like a giant search zone with limits set at the south/north extremes.

koruman

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:46 am

Quoting IADLHR (Reply 133):
The problem is that there is no place to hide the plane in Guam. By this time someone would have seen it and workd would have leaked out.

Guam and the rest of Micronesia is just like the central Indian Ocean around Diego Garcia: it's an American lake, and a highly defended one with the most advanced surveillance equipment imaginable.

edmountain

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:47 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 131):
according to him, its not about the other hostages or the plane; its specifically either about the cargo in the hold or those 20 employees from Freescale. Its not "terrorism" per se; more like a hijack to get those specific people.

How bizarre.

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:48 am

Quoting edmountain (Reply 140):
How bizarre.

Why don't we just search up their linkedin profiles.

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:49 am

Quoting edmountain (Reply 140):
How bizarre.

Yeah i thought so too, but then again the Iranians, if who it turns out to be who did this, are desparate to get that nuke all setup and ready to go...so that they can have an insurance policy i guess.

Also he said DHS isn't looking to the south anymore:

Flying With Fish ‏@flyingwithfish 9m
@TomHomes I think it went north and DHS source just told me they are not looking south

flyenthu

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:50 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 141):

I am sure they are searching all of their social media records.

tapir

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:50 am

Quoting max999 (Reply 111):
I personally think the government and military are incompetent and totally disorganized...and they've been trying to cover their butts ever since this started a week ago.

A bit of DCA head's background here.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/m...r-attack-from-hong-kong-based-dail

edmountain

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:51 am

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 136):
Fair enough. I definitely concede that I don't know enough about SATCOM and the calculations that go into it.

The only place where the SATCOM and the new FWF mileage intersect is West of Southern Australia or Middle of Kazakhstan

Assuming a direct route. If the flight path is not direct then all sorts of other solutions are possible.

travelhound

Quoting Dalavia (Reply 50):
Apparently he has a history of breaking news from high level confidential sources, and his computers were raided by government officials some years ago in an attempt to identify his sources.

That suggests his connections are sound.

His connection in that case was an anonymous Google email account.

In this case (MH370) he might simply just be a means of delivering information by others, than an informed blogger with connections.

Quoting koruman (Reply 59):
In one theory, the Chinese simply decided to shoot the aircraft down, and direct the Search and Rescue attempt thousands of kilometers away to the Gulf of Thailand.

I'd suggest if the plane had been shot down in the Gulf of Bengal, Burma or even southern China we would have known about it by now.

SuseJ772

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 136):

Which routed from IGREX look something like this: http://skyvector.com/?ll=25.24999561...AL:F.VO.IGREX:G.40.488966,93.50004

It puts them right through Indian airspace which is hard to imagine that would go unnoticed.

TheWipp

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 am

Whatever happened, I just can't believe nobody knows what happened! All the technical stuff, pings, etc asside, I bet some government or agency or whoever knows exactly what happened.

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:53 am

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 147):
Which routed from IGREX look something like this: http://skyvector.com/?ll=25.24999561...AL:F.VO.IGREX:G.40.488966,93.50004

It puts them right through Indian airspace which is hard to imagine that would go unnoticed.

FWF said that its possible to get through Indian airspace...

flyenthu

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:53 am

Quoting suseJ772 (Reply 147):

Per CNN, apparently INdian military radar is not activated unless there is a threat. So, theoretically they could have gone unnoticed.

SuseJ772

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:56 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 149):
FWF said that its possible to get through Indian airspace...
Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 149):
Per CNN, apparently INdian military radar is not activated unless there is a threat. So, theoretically they could have gone unnoticed.

VERY interesting.

The nearest airport I could find near the SATCOM and FWF Mileage intersection is Arkalyk Airport with an 8,200 ft runway.

The routing would look like this: http://skyvector.com/?ll=25.24999561...AL:F.VO.IGREX:G.40.488966,93.50004

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos