Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

k83713

RE: MH370 Malaysia Airlines B772 Missing Enroute KUL-PEK Part 28

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 am

Quoting B2707SST (Reply 201):
This comment was also interesting and contradicts the FWF tweet

So now everyone is free again to choose his religion: whether it's Northern route or Southern route. Level of evidence for any of them is about the same...

Flying With Fish ‏@flyingwithfish
@MelissaAnnAdams @Donnajcherold No, the U.S. still gives the appearance of searching for #MH370. They don’t think it crashed.

Flying With Fish ‏@flyingwithfish
@ToTheWinslow All I know is that DHS told me a short while ago they don’t believe exploring the southern options worthwhile

[Edited 2014-03-15 23:30:47]

[Edited 2014-03-15 23:31:32]

chrisrad

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 am

async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">>
Welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines! Winner of Best Cabin Staff 2001,2002,2003,2004,2007,2009,2012

edmountain

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 am

Quoting koruman (Reply 196):
These arcs are not purported flight paths.

I never said they were.

Quoting koruman (Reply 196):
My understanding is simply that these arcs contain the location where the aircraft was at 0811 Kuala Lumpur time.

Yes, that's what I said they were. With the added benefit that if the plane was almost out of gas at 0811h then it must have come to rest nearby.

edmountain

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:32 am

Quoting chrisrad (Reply 203):
@Donnajcherold DHS has told me many times they have no evidence it crashed and a lot of evidence that it did not
— Flying With Fish (@flyingwithfish) March 16, 2014

Will be very interesting to see if this particular prediction pans out. However, as a long-time lurker of this forum I've always found it to have value in presenting corroborated evidence rather than rehashing random Twitter feeds. Time will tell.

[Edited 2014-03-15 23:35:37]

fooflyboy

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:34 am

Quoting 737tdi (Reply 159):
Did a unknown person access the cockpit. I don't think so. What I mean by that? The crew knew them, it was the crew, or they unlocked the door. It takes a actual physical/mental decision to unlock that door.

No question the door is secure. When it's closed and locked.

But what good is a locked door if it is opened for rest room breaks and meals? What is the protocol used for opening the door? Seems like plenty of opportunities there to gain access.

737tdi

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:39 am

Quoting 737tdi (Reply 159):
To respond to the idea of defeating the cockpit door. It would be very hard if a person were trying from the outside. I can not speak to the 777 but I can speak to Boeing and the 737. A buddy and myself installed the very first "bullet proof/anti-tamper door on a 737. I know every little thing about these cockpit doors. I am assuming the 777 has the same door, which I am 99.9% sure is the same door. I will not speak of the specifics but these doors are as secure as an aircraft door can be. The only way to defeat the door is from the cockpit side. Except, a person who knows these doors like I do could. There aren't many mechs. who know these intricacies but it can be found in the wiring diagrams. If you had an electrical savvy guy he could but he would also have to know where the wiring looms are. That is not impossible to find if you are a mech.. Only if you know where the wiring is. By the way the doors have dead bolts that can not be defeated, key or no key. If the Captain/FO sets the lock it can not be defeated. No codes/passwords, it is a mechanical lock and you will not get in to the cockpit. I have been locked out a couple of times and have used the emergency pull on the F.O.'s side to access the cockpit.

Did NO one see this post? Good grief! You can't fathom these remarks. It was a cockpit/brother hijack. Either the guy let him in or the guy was there already. No other suppositions. OOpps.

chrisrad

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:39 am

Quoting edmountain (Reply 205):
@Donnajcherold DHS has told me many times they have no evidence it crashed and a lot of evidence that it did not
— Flying With Fish (@flyingwithfish) March 16, 2014

Will be very interesting to see if this particular prediction pans out. However, as a long-time lurker of this forum I've always found it to have value in presenting corroborated evidence rather than rehashing random Twitter feeds. Time will tell.

It's not a random twitter feed, many of us on here are following his posts. As it has been pointed out many of his tweets have proved to be correct, even if at the time none of us believed them....
Welcome aboard Malaysia Airlines! Winner of Best Cabin Staff 2001,2002,2003,2004,2007,2009,2012

StaticShock

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:44 am

Quoting chrisrad (Reply 207):

With the greatest of respect, he believes that a 777 was hijacked, landed without anyone seeing it and destroyed just to access some cargo.
If someone has enough resources/planning/power to be able to do that surely just stealing the cargo from the airport in Malaysia is much easier than alerting the entire planet?

[Edited 2014-03-15 23:45:22]

11Bravo

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:45 am

....and a lot of evidence that it did not

Exactly how does that work? How can one have "a lot" of evidence, or any at all, of something that did not happen?
WhaleJets Rule!

CaliAtenza

It's not a random twitter feed, many of us on here are following his posts. As it has been pointed out many of his tweets have proved to be correct, even if at the time none of us believed them....

what scares me is that he keeps repeating that the passengers are dead; i mean would Iranians, if that who it turns out to be, murder that many people in cold blood? A significant amount of those on board were Chinese citizens; killing them would be an act of war...would Iran really risk that???

tomlee

Just because he has been correct doesn't mean his theory is correct. What timeframe does his previous tweets correlate with other news stories and "experts" leaking information if they are around the same time his predictions are not his own nor are they novel. I don't read his twitter and I find it dubious to throw so much weight without providing a clear source and official confirmation. Not to mention even if he does have a real source there is nothing preventing that real source from being wrong. Until there is independent and multiple confirmation of information his theory is nothing more than that.

As I stated before it is highly unlikely that a Freescale's China/Malaysia branch would be doing any work on US military secret projects when this is almost all done in the states with US citizen's with security clearance.

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 am

Quoting StaticShock (Reply 208):
With the greatest of respect, he believes that a 777 was hijacked, landed without anyone seeing it and destroyed just to access some cargo.
If someone has enough resources/planning/power to be able to do that surely just stealing the cargo from the airport in Malaysia is much easier than alerting the entire planet?

Stealing cargo is easy. People have even stolen secured cargo with a security detail. It is far easier to pull of on the ground then in the air. Even kidnapping people is far easier on the ground and has many ways of being covered up without attracting so much international attention or potential repercussions.

edmountain

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:48 am

The point is if I wanted to follow his Twitter feed I would do just that.

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:49 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 210):
what scares me is that he keeps repeating that the passengers are dead; i mean would Iranians, if that who it turns out to be, murder that many people in cold blood? A significant amount of those on board were Chinese citizens; killing them would be an act of war...would Iran really risk that???

See this is going too far there is speculation and then there is insane speculation and that theory is in the extreme end of insane speculation. It would be very intriguing if it turns out to be true but I don't think there is enough information to even consider that likely. Not to mention the twitter poster apparently thinks the satcom pings are irrelevant and invalid because they don't fit with his theory which is a telling sign.

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:50 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 212):
Stealing cargo is easy. People have even stolen secured cargo with a security detail. It is far easier to pull of on the ground then in the air. Even kidnapping people is far easier on the ground and has many ways of being covered up without attracting so much international attention or potential repercussions.

Right but lets say they stole it on the ground; how would they take it to their final destination if it wasn't Malaysia? How can you kidnap 20 people all at once on the ground, unless they were all traveling in a bus together or something?

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:54 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 215):
Right but lets say they stole it on the ground; how would they take it to their final destination if it wasn't Malaysia? How can you kidnap 20 people all at once on the ground, unless they were all traveling in a bus together or something?

By ship, by plane, by truck, by bus, ... There are many ways to ship people/boxes around human trafficking is basically the illegal movement of kidnapped or otherwise captured people and it is unfortunately not that uncommon in asia in general.

Even ignoring that the fact remains that China/Malaysia Freescale Semiconductors is highly unlikely to be even handling sensitive US military tech as that would require US citizenship as well as security clearance which none of the 20 would qualify for just based on their passports alone. They all likely work on cellphones, cars, tv, and general consumer electronics which is what that entire area's focus is.

StaticShock

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:55 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 212):

Exactly. So people who are framing this as some kind of elaborate heist are just not thinking clearly. There are too many "sources" now who are stating things definitively when the truth is that we know hardly anything new than we did since midweek. The summary from the admins is a good example of actually what is known and anyone deviating from this is just speculating for their own excitement.

edmountain

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:56 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 210):

The passengers are almost certainly dead, but at this point in time there's zero evidence that Iranians had anything to do with this. Twitter feeds, no matter how well informed, do not count as evidence.

11Bravo

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:57 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 214):
Not to mention the twitter poster apparently thinks the satcom pings are irrelevant and invalid because they don't fit with his theory which is a telling sign.

Indeed. I suspect Mr. Fish is having a grand old time playing with everyone to see how many eager conspiracy theorists will take in this nonsense hook, line, and sinker. It is classic Grassy Knoll stuff.
WhaleJets Rule!

Dalavia

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:57 am

The answer to that question is perhaps one of the few parts of this extreme hypothesis that actually does make sense in terms of a motive (i.e. why hijack a plane to get what you want?).

It is one thing to secure the "cargo" you want (whether that is the people, their brains as his recent tweet claimed, or whatever they - or someone else - was carrying), but if you get them on a plane you also have a way to get them/it/whatever to the destination you want.

chrisair

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:58 am

Quoting YVRLTN (Reply 25):
I saw in the tweets on the flyingwithfish guys feed
Quoting Dalavia (Reply 50):
Apparently he has a history of breaking news from high level confidential sources, and his computers were raided by government officials some years ago in an attempt to identify his sources.
Quoting edmountain (Reply 128):
Recognizing that @flyingwithfish has a proven track record

I feel it's necessary to point out Frischling has a very checkered past. Not to drive this thread off topic (this will likely get buried anyway), but everyone reading his twitter page needs to take what he says with a large, large, large grain of salt..

https://www.google.ca/#q=steven+frischling+compulsive+liar

Only time will tell if he's correct this time.

And I'd just like to say this thread has been fascinating to read. I've learned a TON from various posts. Good work y'all!

chrisrad

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:58 am

Quoting 11Bravo (Reply 209):
....and a lot of evidence that it did not

Exactly how does that work? How can one have "a lot" of evidence, or any at all, of something that did not happen?

According to what he wrote: There is NO evidence that it crashed, there a A LOT of evidence it landed.

Quoting tomlee (Reply 211):

Just because he has been correct doesn't mean his theory is correct. What timeframe does his previous tweets correlate with other news stories and "experts" leaking information if they are around the same time his predictions are not his own nor are they novel. I don't read his twitter and I find it dubious to throw so much weight without providing a clear source and official confirmation. Not to mention even if he does have a real source there is nothing preventing that real source from being wrong. Until there is independent and multiple confirmation of information his theory is nothing more than that.

As I stated before it is highly unlikely that a Freescale's China/Malaysia branch would be doing any work on US military secret projects when this is almost all done in the states with US citizen's with security clearance.

I'm not saying everything he is tweeting is factually correct, however based on his history he seems to have sources, which obviously he can not reveal. Is anybody else on this forum providing any more information? I think it's good to have some 'alternate' sources of information other than the main media outlets.

slinky09

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:59 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 216):
Even ignoring that the fact remains that China/Malaysia Freescale Semiconductors is highly unlikely to be even handling sensitive US military tech as that would require US citizenship as well as security clearance which none of the 20 would qualify for just based on their passports alone. They all likely work on cellphones, cars, tv, and general consumer electronics which is what that entire area's focus is.

There are other applications of their knowledge that might be valuable to someone ... there is a scary train of thought here.

CaliAtenza

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:00 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 214):

See this is going too far there is speculation and then there is insane speculation and that theory is in the extreme end of insane speculation. It would be very intriguing if it turns out to be true but I don't think there is enough information to even consider that likely. Not to mention the twitter poster apparently thinks the satcom pings are irrelevant and invalid because they don't fit with his theory which is a telling sign.

yeah i agree with you about his comment about the satcom pings; I'm hoping against hope that the plane is found somewhere, with the passengers alive...but as time goes on, that possibility goes down a lot as well.

StaticShock

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 am

I am sure you've read books/articles or watched documentaries on how easy and often cargo is stolen or "mispplaced" in shipping yards and airports around the world. Organised crime thrives and exists on such operations. I can't say I know much about Malaysia, but it would be naive in the extreme to think if someone wanted to steal something from an airport that badly that it would be out of reach. If this cargo was so sensitive then carrying it via commercial jet is not logical in the first place.

I cannot see the logic at all in trying to say that there was some cargo so precious it is worth stealing a 777 on the global stage to get hold of. I am not saying this is your theory btw, just addressing your post.

Dalavia

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 am

Flying with Fish has just tweeted:

" The location in Iran, as I mentioned, is based on specific mileage I was given by someone at US DHS on Thursday."

I guess we will know soon enough how reliable his DHS source is.

He certainly can't be blamed for being ambiguous or beating about the bush!

For clarity - it is the MILEAGE he has been given, not the fact that the destination is Iran.

[Edited 2014-03-16 00:08:26]

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:11 am

Quoting slinky09 (Reply 222):
There are other applications of their knowledge that might be valuable to someone ... there is a scary train of thought here.

Dual purpose technology intended for military use is covered under ITAR. Freescale wouldn't for a second design a consumer electronic device which could say also guide a missile. Do you know why motion controllers suck so bad. (Look at the MEMS gyro's drift spec its atrocious for a reason, cost is one and the other is if it was extremely precise it could be used as a INS, they are not even designed to try to reduce the spec so it isn't dual use tech)

For example in the case of an instaport HDMI switch IC what scary train of thought do you have on this obviously consumer product. (It is just a representative example of what a consumer ASIC would be like)

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:15 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 223):
yeah i agree with you about his comment about the satcom pings; I'm hoping against hope that the plane is found somewhere, with the passengers alive...but as time goes on, that possibility goes down a lot as well.

It is unfortunate but historically and statistically the chances of the passengers being alive is basically zero, even the chances of finding the plane are getting worse with time and I do hope they find it before it all gets washed/drifts away and the pinger stops.

Even that special twitter feed thinks they are all dead for reasons I don't think make any sense. You can take a number and connect it to whatever story you want but when the satcom pings show it in the general area that completely excludes his thats not looking good for the chances his "theory" holds any water.

slinky09

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:15 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 226):
Dual purpose technology intended for military use

I wasn't even thinking that ... there are common compounds in batteries and devices that the Iranians seem to want to make but lack the capability.

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:18 am

Quoting slinky09 (Reply 228):
I wasn't even thinking that ... there are common compounds in batteries and devices that the Iranians seem to want to make but lack the capability.

Ok consumer electronics and lithium battery chemistry isn't exactly rocket science you can find out that kind of stuff online even. Consumer electronics that is not covered under the sanctions is not something that is hard to obtain let alone find out information about it.

http://scholar.google.ca/scholar?hl=...dt=0,5&q=Lithium+battery+chemistry
http://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=HDMI&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:19 am

Quoting Dalavia (Reply 225):
He certainly can't be blamed for being ambiguous or beating about the bush!

For clarity - it is the MILEAGE he has been given, not the fact that the destination is Iran.

Problem is how old is that information and it still means he is just randomly guessing and making an entire story off one number.

Compared to piecing together network information from inmarsat his "flightpath" is completely arbitrary after it leaves the last known point.

[Edited 2014-03-16 00:20:12]

shortstack81

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:21 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 230):
Problem is how old is that information and it still means he is just randomly guessing and making an entire story off one number.

yes, much of the story he's reporting seem to be his thoughts. I suppose that they're a reasonable inference on the limited data even he's received, but I don't think that is what DHS is leaking to him. I read back through a day of his tweets and didn't get that sense.

slinky09

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:22 am

Quoting tomlee (Reply 229):
Ok consumer electronics and lithium battery chemistry isn't exactly rocket science you can find out that kind of stuff online even. Consumer electronics that is not covered under the sanctions is not something that is hard to obtain let alone find out information about it.

Well, as I said, it is conjecture. No one here has any idea where MH370 and its cargo (people and belly cargo) are, or in what state. Nearly 24 hrs has passed since the Malaysian PM's press conference, and it's all gone quiet again - there is another press conference scheduled today though.

KELPkid

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 am

Quoting fooflyboy (Reply 19):
So a crash on land is effectively ruled out then, correct? No way to disable the ELT, and we never heard it...

Traditionally, ELT's are notoriously unreliable...good idea in theory, but they don't always work in real life. I know of quite a few GA crashes where the ELT didn't activate for various reasons, or was unable to be picked up because, for example, the antenna broke during the crash.
Celebrating the birth of KELPkidJR on August 5, 2009 :-)

chaseus1

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:25 am

Quoting fooflyboy (Reply 206):
But what good is a locked door if it is opened for rest room breaks and meals? What is the protocol used for opening the door? Seems like plenty of opportunities there to gain access.

I imagine they have ways of doing this in some protected fashion. They probably don't want some things known though.

monjonman

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:25 am

Just a bit of information regarding the possible southern track taken of this flight.
We have here in the north west of Australia surveillance aircraft that fly multiple times a day using infrared and other sophisticated camera gear looking for any possible incursions into australian territory, all the way out to cocos island in the middle of the Indian Ocean .
These aircraft are specifically designed for locating any small vessels that are trying to make it to the mainland of Australia or to one of the islands so they can be intercepted by the customs vessels.
So I would say that any area that these guys fly in would have already been closely screened before and after the 8th of March.
There are also multiple gas platforms and tankers all through the Northwest shelf with platform tender vessels running through that region all the time. out to about 500klm offshore.
I am not saying to rule these areas out, but I would have thought that they would have picked up on something already had the aircraft met it's fate within these areas.

k83713

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:28 am

So if he leaks openly his sources information, why does he do it? Why don't his sources just stop feeding it to him if it contradicts real information or contradicts purpose to keep low profile now while investigation is still on?

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:28 am

Quoting slinky09 (Reply 232):
Well, as I said, it is conjecture. No one here has any idea where MH370 and its cargo (people and belly cargo) are, or in what state. Nearly 24 hrs has passed since the Malaysian PM's press conference, and it's all gone quiet again - there is another press conference scheduled today though.

You have to think within normal logic, statistical probability, and known facts. It is well known that the US military is paranoid about technology leaking out into China and letting Freescale China/Malaysia deal with US secrets without any security clearance and flying it on a passenger jet is bar none basically impossible.

There is conjecture and then there is 777 is a rocket plane conjecture.

We do have a rough idea of where the 777 is (the last sat ping is the likely last time the plane was intact) the plane is somewhere between those two points on the coverage map. The problem is finding where it was in between the two possible extremes before the ocean currents make it almost impossible to locate.

24 hours is not long enough to position ships, planes, and carry out a search of the magnitude required to cover than entire corridor (It is an unprecedented large area to search, it goes from Australia all the way into China and everything inbetween). The end points from my understanding are not the actual plane positions but the far extremes of where it might be. It is highly probable that the plane crashed somewhere in the waters between and I highly doubt 24 hours is enough time to find evidence.

Planesmart

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:32 am

After so many days, I would have thought that US forces have already identified the location of the aircraft and confirmed there are no survivors. And using FWF and others, perhaps even on Airliners, to see who refutes the supposedly inside info with accurate stuff, to identify others involved, if indeed there were any.

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:33 am

Quoting KELPkid (Reply 233):
Traditionally, ELT's are notoriously unreliable...good idea in theory, but they don't always work in real life. I know of quite a few GA crashes where the ELT didn't activate for various reasons, or was unable to be picked up because, for example, the antenna broke during the crash.

If it did crash on land and people survived then the portable ELT beacons could be used. But historically that isn't something that is likely to occur in a passenger jet crash. I carry my own PLB but there are a number of highly probable reasons why people wouldn't be able to activate them. If your alive and standing in open terrain ELT beacons are quite reliable if those conditions are met.

Mortyman

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 am

I'm sorry if this has been posted before:

Malaysia Airline MH370: 9/11-style terror allegations resurface in case of lost plane

Possible plot investigated after Al-Qaeda supergrass told court that four or five Malaysian men planned a passenger airliner hijack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...surface-in-case-of-lost-plane.html

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-...-911style-plot-20140316-hvjdm.html

also:

Flight Trained Chinese passenger under investigation

A 35-year-old Chinese passenger are being investigated in Connection with the disappearance of the aircraft from Malaysia Airlines.

The man belongs to the Uighur minority in China, and in 2006 he trained in a flight simulator in Sweden, writes The Sydney Morning Herald.

He is currently not suspected to have been behind the hijacking of the missing plane, but investigated as the other passengers on the plane, writes the newspaper.

Translation from Norwegian article:

http://www.nrk.no/verden/kinesisk-passasjer-etterforskes-1.11608842

[Edited 2014-03-16 00:41:20]

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:35 am

Quoting planesmart (Reply 238):
After so many days, I would have thought that US forces have already identified the location of the aircraft and confirmed there are no survivors. And using FWF and others, perhaps even on Airliners, to see who refutes the supposedly inside info with accurate stuff, to identify others involved, if indeed there were any.

US forces can't watch ever square meter (feet) of the world and even though they have surveillance sats (ones that can even detect explosions) if a plane crashes into the water it can be very hard to locate. The ocean is a big place and a 777 is tiny compared to it. (even the waters where the satcom pings place it is a very large area to cover)

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:37 am

Quoting Mortyman (Reply 240):
A 35-year-old Chinese passenger are being investigated in Connection with the disappearance of the aircraft from Malaysia Airlines.

The man belongs to the Uighur minority in China, and in 2006 he trained in a flight simulator in Sweden, writes The Sydney Morning Herald.

He is currently not suspected to have been behind the hijacking of the missing plane, but investigated as the other passengers on the plane, writes the newspaper.

I don't have the link still but in the previous threads it seems like the news agencies are not reading things right. He worked as a researcher into simulations (not even plane simulators) and is more into bio-tech than plane tech. Unless there was another passenger that isn't the same one.

AirlineCritic

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:38 am

I had a chilling thought. We do not not know what happened to the plane, or why. But lets assume, as the authorities seem to do, that the aircraft was hijacked by a person who was capable of controlling its systems and flight.

Perhaps the captain. And that captain is a well-known aviation enthusiast, spending a lot of his time in simulators even at home.

Lets further assume that the hijacking was not a suicide mission, and the plane actually landed somewhere and is now hidden.

If so, maybe the captain is back on the ground. Was he an a.nut? He could be reading this thread. Maybe even commenting.

(Captain: if you are reading this - please return the passengers asap!)

The other thought that I had was that if it was indeed the sim-captain, one plausible explanation for his actions might be that he wanted the ultimate simulator ride. Evade the radars, fly high, fly low, etc. Not the boring day-in-day-out uneventful routes. If that indeed would be his motivation, any guesses on what that ultimate ride might have been, and would it give us any clues as to where to search?

Owleye

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:38 am

Has possible hacking by plane sploit been discussed already?

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 am

Quoting Owleye (Reply 244):

Has possible hacking by plane sploit been discussed already?

Hacking the flight control system isn't likely to be possible from what I've read. (If they used a shared IP network then I would say it is guaranteed to be hacked but that doesn't appear to be the case)

http://www.davi.ws/avionics/TheAvionicsHandbook_Cap_11.pdf
http://www.citemaster.net/get/147283...b63-00163e009cc7/yeh98_777-fbw.pdf
http://www2.cs.uidaho.edu/~krings/CS449/Notes.F09/449-09-27.pdf

studedave

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:43 am

Quoting davidzill (Reply 158):
Where would they park in Diego Garcia? Next to the B-52, B-2, or the B-1? Highly unlikely it even got close to Diego Garcia, same goes for Guam.

There is a BUNCH of flight line on DG.
Hangars big enough to hide a 777~ not so much...

StudeDave
Classic planes, Classic trains, and Studebakers~~ what else is there???

Mortyman

Quoting tomlee (Reply 242):
I don't have the link still but in the previous threads it seems like the news agencies are not reading things right.

Here you go:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-...ghur-passenger-20140313-hvifh.html

JettTracer

***Opinion***
I still think there is something/ someone important in the plane that lead to this flight being diverted and landed.
It may be a covert operations thus we will not have the details.

Regarding the affiliation of the pilot to the Opposition, it is illogical to down a plane with 239 people on board just because the Court decision is not in favour. What purpose is the action? Will it change the Court's decision?

The pilot having FS, should not be a reason, for him to hijack the plane.
Unless there is someone on board, who is more "authorised", to fly the plane.
This is just my opinion, so to speak.

tomlee

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:45 am

Quoting Mortyman (Reply 247):

No there is another more detailed article which says they were using the CV of one of the passengers but it only lists electrical engineering and bio-tech stuff. His work in Sweden was not on a plane simulator.

Edit: someone even posted the CV link on here I think.

[Edited 2014-03-16 00:45:54]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos