Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

boysteve
Topic Author

DUS - MAN Additional Security

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 pm

I have flown DUS -MAN on LH three times this year, the flight (bus) always goes from the far none-Schengen end of the A-pier. However, after the official passport control you have to go through an additional check where you are given a tiny bit of paper not to loose. You then surrender it when boarding the bus to the remote stand. I asked what this check was for and the member of staff told me that 'it was because I am leaving the Schengen Zone'. This, IMHO is a total lie, when you fly to MAN from FRA, MUC, BRU, CDG etc you are not subjected to an additional security check after passport control. What happens at DUS is something peculiar to DUS - UK flights only. There was an Air China flight departing from DUS last Friday evening and the pax for that got to bypass the additional document check. So can someone please explain what the hell is going on?

Viscount724

RE: DUS - MAN Additional Security

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:02 pm

It's probably because the flight involved a bus to a remote stand. In that case there's a greater chance that a passenger could wander away or board the wrong bus and perhaps wind up on the wrong aircraft. Were the other flights you refer to departing from gates with bridges or did they also involve buses? There's much less chance of a passenger getting lost after their boarding pass is scanned at the gate when the flight is using a bridge/jetway.

mats

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:56 pm

For a while, there was always an additional security check for all flights from Germany to the UK. I think that British Airways might also still have an additional security check of its own at some European airports.

smbukas

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:50 am

Quoting boysteve (Thread starter):
What happens at DUS is something peculiar to DUS - UK flights only.

I am not a aware of DUS terminal well, but might it be just a lack of infrastructure? I know a few airports in Europe where you need to go through security re-check even from EU arrival and you are in transfer. This is not policy, just lack of appropriate infrastructure.

JimJupiter

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:01 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 1):
It's probably because the flight involved a bus to a remote stand.

But there's no such procedure when you take the bus at FRA, MUC, TXL etc. Seems to be a DUS specific thing.
One is born, one runs up bills, one dies.

flyingthe757

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:31 am

So why would that happen at DUS at not elsewhere? I can't think of any airport where I have been bussed, or had to walk from terminal to plane where, I have had to go through extra security.

DUSint

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 am

Quoting JimJupiter (Reply 4):
It's probably because the flight involved a bus to a remote stand.

But there's no such procedure when you take the bus at FRA, MUC, TXL etc. Seems to be a DUS specific thing.

But then again, I did a DUS-BHX flight on FlyBe last month. We used a remote stand, too. However, there was no such thing you described: No bit of paper and no additional security check.

So I rather go with mats - but I have no clue why they do this only in DUS:

Quoting mats (Reply 2):
I think that British Airways might also still have an additional security check of its own at some European airports.

BreninTW

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 am

Quoting DUSint (Reply 6):
So I rather go with mats - but I have no clue why they do this only in DUS:

Quoting mats (Reply 2):
I think that British Airways might also still have an additional security check of its own at some European airports.

Except the OP says:

DUS -MAN on LH

Emphasis mine.

DUSint

Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:03 am

Quoting BreninTW (Reply 7):
Except the OP says:

DUS -MAN on LH

Emphasis mine.

You are right - my fault.
But this still doesn't change my point htat they don't do this procedure on UK-flights in general.

PanHAM

Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:15 am

but there was at least. Also at FRA where you had to pass the egular security check, for instance on LH it was mostly the B finger, then there was departure Immigration passport control,
after that a second security check where they usually handled all UK flights and a passport check making sure that you are either EU citizen or have a UK visa.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos