Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dfwjim1
Topic Author

Where Do Flight Crews In OGG Stay?

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:33 pm

I was in Maui a few years ago and I noticed that there were no hotels around PHOG and Kahului. When flight crews from the
airlines and private jets have to overnight in Maui do they stay in the many beachfront hotels in Maui or do the airlines/private
jet companies rent homes in Maui for their crews to stay in? I am not looking for the names/locations of the hotels/residences
but rather I am just curious as to what kind of living arrangements are made for the crews.

Thanks for your responses.

aloha73g

RE: Where Do Flight Crews In OGG Stay?

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:42 pm

There are a few non-resort mid-range hotels in Kahului and Wailuku that cater mostly to local people. I would assume anyone on a short layover might stay there.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

AADC10

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Airline's crew hotel deals usually include transportation so the hotel would arrange a shuttle. UA rarely schedules layovers at OGG but there are situations were it happens at almost any station.

LAXintl

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:47 pm

One major US carrier that I know stays Kihei while another in Wailea.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

777klm

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Three years ago I met some US Airways crew staying in a resort in Lahaina.
Home airport: AMS
Next flight: CNX - BKK

tb727

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Hana of course! Man that would be a drive to get to work.

I wondered that myself, I just went there for my honeymoon and stayed at the Hyatt Regency, it was a bit of a haul from OGG but not too bad considering they were most likely going to fly 1 leg that day.
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!

chrisair

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Quoting dfwjim1 (Thread starter):
I was in Maui a few years ago and I noticed that there were no hotels around PHOG and Kahului.

There's a Courtyard by Marriott right by the Costco at the exit of the airport. Cheapest gas on the island is at the Costco.

Quoting c172akula (Reply 4):
I've heard of AC and WS using the Grand Wailea.

I stayed there last year and there were a few crews there. It's a nice property.

tb727

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Quoting chrisair (Reply 7):
Cheapest gas on the island is at the Costco.

Cheapest place to eat too!!

airportugal310

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Quoting tb727 (Reply 8):
Cheapest place to eat too!!

Ya but not that good. Go to Da Kitchen (Cafe) which is not far from the airport/Courtyard and has a very local menu of yummyness
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

tb727

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Quoting airportugal310 (Reply 9):
Ya but not that good. Go to Da Kitchen (Cafe) which is not far from the airport/Courtyard and has a very local menu of yummyness

We ended up at Oyako Tei really close to there, hole in the wall but great food and prices, will try Da Kitchen next time. In Lahaina, best place was Star Noodle, good prices and great food. Pilots always find good, cheap eats, even on their honeymoon!

HAL

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Quite a few crews stay on Maui every day. When I was SEA based for HA we originally stayed at the Maui Prince hotel (now the Makena Beach Resort). That changed several years ago, and until the closure of the SEA base we stayed in Kihei.

There are crews from other airlines now staying in Kihei, Wailea, and Kaanapali. It's a great layover - I wish I could still do them.

I think the rates at the Courtyard next to the airport are actually higher than many of the mid-range hotels in the resort areas. Airlines can often get reduced rates for the bulk purchases of rooms for the layover crews, even in resort areas.

HAL
One smooth landing is skill. Two in a row is luck. Three in a row and someone is lying.

dfwjim1
Topic Author

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Is the Courtyard near Costco a relatively new property?

cageyjames

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:41 pm

I was at the Hyatt Regency Maui in Kaanapali earlier this month and noticed DL flight crews.

georgiaame

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:47 pm

It's ancient history at this point, but more than 10 years ago, my son and I stayed at the Maui Beach Hotel just outside Kahului, after one very long schlepp from Atlanta. There were several flight crews staying there. Just looked the place up on a popular booking site, seems it's currently a 2* hotel, so perhaps standards have dropped. As for these days, can't help you.
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero

jayunited

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Quoting AADC10 (Reply 2):
Airline's crew hotel deals usually include transportation so the hotel would arrange a shuttle. UA rarely schedules layovers at OGG but there are situations were it happens at almost any station.

Are you sure UA rarely has crew layovers? Doesn't UA fly DEN-OGG are those crews that work the route flying the route round trip in one day? If so that would make for a really long day if you take into account the ground time in OGG. Perhaps the crews who are flying LAX-OGG and SFO-OGG make the round trip in one day but I'm not sure about the crews working DEN-OGG.

airportugal310

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Quoting tb727 (Reply 10):
Pilots always find good, cheap eats, even on their honeymoon!

Somehow I am not shocked  
Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 12):
Is the Courtyard near Costco a relatively new property?

Couldn't say, but on a slight tangent, there was a story in the paper the other day saying a Courtyard may be going up soon by HNL.
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

RWA380

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:18 pm

It is good form to not discuss what exact properties airline crews stay with. Thank you to those who refrained from doing so
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

hiflyeras

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 17):
It is good form to not discuss what exact properties airline crews stay with. Thank you to those who refrained from doing so

Yes, thanks. Flight crews know better than to broadcast where they lay over....it's company policy not to discuss it.

chrisair

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Quoting tb727 (Reply 10):
Pilots always find good, cheap eats, even on their honeymoon!

That's because y'all don't get paid much.  
Quoting HiFlyerAS (Reply 18):
Flight crews know better than to broadcast where they lay over....it's company policy not to discuss it.

Your airline's FAs always seem to ask for food suggestions near their hotel or "what the hell should I do on a 20 hour layover in PHX in July" when I mention I live in Phoenix.

jfklganyc

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Usually they put crews in a resort area in this situation.

Very rarely do you find crews flying long-haul or even medium-haul to an island and staying at the airport Courtyard.

These are long layover situations. The courtyard would be more of a short-stay hotel.

brucek

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Quite a few crews stay on Maui every day. When I was SEA based for HA we originally stayed at the Maui Prince hotel (now the Makena Beach Resort). That changed several years ago, and until the closure of the SEA base we stayed in Kihei

Does HA still have any US mainland crew bases?

as739x

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:49 pm

United: stay in Lahaina
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

KLAXAirport

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Quoting brucek (Reply 21):
Does HA still have any US mainland crew bases?

FA base in LA.

Cheers,

KLAXAirport   

777STL

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Yeah, because serving Cokes is serious business.  
PHX based

ikramerica

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:20 pm

If I were crew I would prefer Lahaina or mid-kihea. Kaanapali is too far and wailea is more isolated. I assume crew doesn't have cars so you need walking distance to food and drink.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

thegoldenargosy

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:10 am

Quoting 777stl (Reply 24):

What a mature statement. It's a crew safety and security issue. Several FA's have been murdered in hotel rooms.

777STL

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:35 am

Quoting thegoldenargosy (Reply 26):

What a mature statement. It's a crew safety and security issue. Several FA's have been murdered in hotel rooms.

Why, thank you.

I think telling people to stop discussing the topic is a bit.....overdramatic.
PHX based

26point2

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:35 am

Yes, PHOG Courtyard opened about 2 years ago.

Bizjet pilots often head for the nearest Marriott. Marriott Wailea is a good one.

calpilot

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:40 am

That's strange, I layover almost every time I fly into OGG as pilots. Perhaps your speaking about the flight attendants?

ZBBYLW

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:15 am

Quoting c172akula (Reply 4):
I've heard of AC and WS using the Grand Wailea.

You should take that information down from a public website. Airline crews can be a target for various reasons and it's not fair to publicly state where they stay.
Keep the shinny side up!

pwm2txlhopper

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:25 am

It's the internet. Where people exchange information about anything. Anything you want to know can be found online, even things illicit, illegal, or considered confidential information. Inlcuding where flight crews stay. Like it or not, that's reality. You can't stop people from communicating.

Also, anybody who wanted to do harm to a specific airlines flight crew, if truly intent or deranged, all they've got to do is go to the airport and wait curbside to see which hotel shuttle bus picks up their crew.

thegoldenargosy

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:43 am

Quoting 777stl (Reply 27):

I'm not telling you stop. There's not a problem discussing in general where they stay. Specific properties is were it gets touchy among crews.

Max Q

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:05 am

Absolutely correct.

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 30):
You should take that information down from a public website. Airline crews can be a target for various reasons and it's not fair to publicly state where they stay.

I could not agree more. This is a basic security precaution.

Quoting pwm2txlhopper (Reply 31):
It's the internet. Where people exchange information about anything. Anything you want to know can be found online, even things illicit, illegal, or considered confidential information. Inlcuding where flight crews stay. Like it or not, that's reality. You can't stop people from communicating.

Also, anybody who wanted to do harm to a specific airlines flight crew, if truly intent or deranged, all they've got to do is go to the airport and wait curbside to see which hotel shuttle bus picks up their crew.

Just because something can be done easily doesn't mean it's a good idea or should be encouraged.

Quoting thegoldenargosy (Reply 32):

I'm not telling you stop. There's not a problem discussing in general where they stay. Specific properties is were it gets touchy among crews.

Well said and in case you didn't notice, 9-11 was pretty dramatic.

No matter what your views are on the subject please refrain from listing the specific properties where flight crews stay.
For their safety and yours, thank you.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

SuseJ772

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:33 am

Quoting thegoldenargosy (Reply 26):
Several FA's have been murdered in hotel rooms.

I'd be curious to know the statistics behind how many FAs have been murdered in hotels in comparison to the general population. Something tells me it is either equal or less.

Quoting Max Q (Reply 33):
No matter what your views are on the subject please refrain from listing the specific properties where flight crews stay.

Company policy is dictated by insurance companies, not by a genuine known threat. I have never heard of a case of flight crew being targeted in their hotel in the States. If they were serious about crew hotels not being known then airlines would force crew to change into street clothes before getting into shuttles as they could easily be tracked that way.

I am certainly not advocating for crew to break company policy, and if you don't want to post, you should not feel obliged to post. But the dramatics and self-importance on here sometimes is a bit much.
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

chrisair

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:18 am

Quoting thegoldenargosy (Reply 32):
There's not a problem discussing in general where they stay. Specific properties is were it gets touchy among crews.
You should take that information down from a public website.

Seriously? You guys ever read trip advisor or yelp? Y'all act like it's a big secret. It's not like people are saying flight crews stay in room 3250 at the Wailea. That hotel has something like 700+ rooms. Even if someone with ill intentions follows the unmarked van to the hotel, good luck finding them once inside.

Here are a couple TA reviews for you:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...Narita_Chiba_Prefecture_Kanto.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ar_Parque_Central-Havana_Cuba.html

SVA402

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:24 am

I believe UAL flight attendants do turns sometimes from the west coast to OGG but pilots can't do it with rest and duty time requirements so we almost always stay in Kihei or Lahaina areas. Layovers are long enough that the bus ride isn't a big deal. HNL is always downtown/Waikiki. Hotels change from time to time and I don't want to post specifics for security reasons.

Max Q

Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 am

Thanks to those of you that have shown discretion in not revealing specific properties where crews stay.
While this information can sometimes be found elsewhere there's no reason to make it easier for those
people who are a security threat to flight crews.

GGg

Elevated

Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:11 am

Why, thank you.

I think if it was your wife, mother, sister, daughter or girlfriend, you might think otherwise. Have heart and some compassion. This isn't all about you. Your cookie comment explains exactly the type of passenger you are. I pity any Crew who has your poor soul on their plane with an attitude like that.

For the people who says this topic is perfectly okay, think again. A female Flight Attendant at my airline was having a normal conversation in the galley with a fellow guest and a guy overheard where we stayed at in XYZ city. This same guy who overheard, followed the Crew to the hotel and was lurking in the lobby waiting for her. This is a pubic forum and while your intent may be harmless, others want this information and can/will use it in a negative manner.

Why does this topic come up once or twice a year? This is a security concern and is highly discouraged to repeat where Crews stay and is Corporate Security 101 in any industry. Lets not get complacent.

Should I make a post asking where all IBM, Google and Apple employees stay overnight in hotels while on company business trips? Why is it acceptable to ask where Crew stay? That's our 'home' on the road and private. Do you think everyone on our entire Crew wants you to know exactly where we stay? I can assure you not. You're not in the 'need to know' basis if you're the flying public. It's that simple. It's another story if you're in the lobby and you see a Crew from XYZ airline. That's reality and not top secret. We are humans also outside of work-life and socialize around hotels and will talk shop more times than I ever wish, and people will over hear. I get that.

Can I have your home address to the people who say this okay and to give out for anyone on the Internet to view? Lets reverse this question for a moment.

[Edited 2014-04-03 00:15:16]

RWA380

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:10 am

No, but crew security is .... It is bad form to discuss anyones travel details in a public forum.

For you maybe, for the persons privacy you are invading, not so much.

Agreed, this is not information anyone needs but the crews, their families, and the company they work for. Any crew member when travelling, is entitled to the same privacy that any individual that travels receives.

Quoting Elevated (Reply 38):
This is a security concern and is highly discouraged to repeat where Crews stay and is Corporate Security 101 in any industry. Lets not get complacent

Thank you for explaining in a concise way, why this is really kapu to discuss. If one can not understand after what you posted, then I doubt they ever will.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

Max Q

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:54 am

I think if it was your wife, mother, sister, daughter or girlfriend, you might think otherwise. Have heart and some compassion. This isn't all about you. Your cookie comment explains exactly the type of passenger you are. I pity any Crew who has your poor soul on their plane with an attitude like that.

For the people who says this topic is perfectly okay, think again. A female Flight Attendant at my airline was having a normal conversation in the galley with a fellow guest and a guy overheard where we stayed at in XYZ city. This same guy who overheard, followed the Crew to the hotel and was lurking in the lobby waiting for her. This is a pubic forum and while your intent may be harmless, others want this information and can/will use it in a negative manner.

Why does this topic come up once or twice a year? This is a security concern and is highly discouraged to repeat where Crews stay and is Corporate Security 101 in any industry. Lets not get complacent.

Should I make a post asking where all IBM, Google and Apple employees stay overnight in hotels while on company business trips? Why is it acceptable to ask where Crew stay? That's our 'home' on the road and private. Do you think everyone on our entire Crew wants you to know exactly where we stay? I can assure you not. You're not in the 'need to know' basis if you're the flying public. It's that simple. It's another story if you're in the lobby and you see a Crew from XYZ airline. That's reality and not top secret. We are humans also outside of work-life and socialize around hotels and will talk shop more times than I ever wish, and people will over hear. I get that.

Can I have your home address to the people who say this okay and to give out for anyone on the Internet to view? Lets reverse this question for a moment.

Very well said Elevated, I could not agree more.

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 39):

No, but crew security is .... It is bad form to discuss anyones travel details in a public forum.

For you maybe, for the persons privacy you are invading, not so much.

Agreed, this is not information anyone needs but the crews, their families, and the company they work for. Any crew member when travelling, is entitled to the same privacy that any individual that travels receives.

This is a security concern and is highly discouraged to repeat where Crews stay and is Corporate Security 101 in any industry. Lets not get complacent

Thank you for explaining in a concise way, why this is really kapu to discuss. If one can not understand after what you posted, then I doubt they ever will.

Well said again and thanks for your post RWA380.

GGg

ZBBYLW

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:27 pm

I hear everyone saying it should not be such a big deal knowing where crew stays and on the outside looking in it may seem not such a big deal. However consider that with all the crews staying around the world the policy of don't tell makes more sense. In a place like OGG the risks are probably more of the stalker type. However when you look at other hotbeds of activities (places like TLV, BEY etc..) if someone wanted to hit the news targeting crew could be an effective way of doing that.

This is why we are protective over the location of where we stay. For those of you saying you can find the information if you look hard enough, frankly you are probably right, however a forum such as a.net or pprune would be an obvious place for some to look for information, we don't need to make it any easier now do we..
Keep the shinny side up!

milesrich

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:39 pm

If they don't schedule layovers at OGG, what do they do, schedule the crews on turns to and from OGG on flights from LAX and SFO?

brilondon

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Quoting pwm2txlhopper (Reply 30):

Quoting Max Q (Reply 32):
For their safety and yours, thank you
Quoting Elevated (Reply 37):

Why, thank you.

This is on the internet and where the crews stay needs to be safeguarded I agree but unfortunately this is the internet and if you really wanted to harm a specific crew member or make a splash, you don't need to know where they are staying. You just have to see where they go and who they are going with and plan a little bit. Yes, I have shared a ride with the crew from my flight, wayyyyyy before 9/11 mind you but as we all know there are no secrets that can't be uncovered.
Rush forever Closer To My Heart

trex8

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Except for the stalking BF/GF etc (who probably know exactly where they stay anyway) how often are crews harassed/attacked at their layover hotel? Is this an ongoing problem today or was a problem in the past?And if its AQ and the likes we are worried about this type of opsec will not deter them. I'm not saying there should be billboards set up advertising the fact but is this such a problem it shouldn't be discussed here? I know better than to put on Facebook where my son was deployed or more importantly his ship was suddenly redeployed ( hey all FB friends my big boy the surface warfare nuclear officer on you know which ship hes on sent a selfie with Istanbuls skyline -I think - in the background . Wonder where they are headed now . But that's a whole different ball game from what were discussing here.

cageyjames

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Look, I get the concern but if it really was that critical you wouldn't show up at the front of the hotel wearing your uniform and tell me that DL stays at the hotel all the time. Sorry, I'm just not buying this security issue when staff seems to care not. Rolling in and being loud in the lobby with your DL hat on draws attention. I could list hundreds of hotels around the world where I know pilots and flight crew stay. I'm not going to self sensor myself but at the same time I'm not taking photos and documenting their travels. If I saw some DL employee a month ago in a hotel (or share a bus with them) and someone asks where flight crews stay, I'll be happy to impart my knowledge.

I'm happy to say I usually stay at the Ritz Carton Kapalua in Maui. Feel free to say hello in the bar and I'll gladly buy you a drink.

stlgph

Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 pm

You know folks, if you want to find out where a crew stays, not that hard to figure it out when most of them are standing out front of an airport getting into a hotel livery van.

just sayin.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

HAL

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:37 pm

Quoting cageyjames (Reply 45):
I get the concern but if it really was that critical you wouldn't show up at the front of the hotel wearing your uniform and tell me that DL stays at the hotel all the time. Sorry, I'm just not buying this security issue when staff seems to care not. Rolling in and being loud in the lobby with your DL hat on draws attention. I could list hundreds of hotels around the world where I know pilots and flight crew stay. I'm not going to self sensor myself but at the same time I'm not taking photos and documenting their travels. If I saw some DL employee a month ago in a hotel (or share a bus with them) and someone asks where flight crews stay, I'll be happy to impart my knowledge.

I'm happy to say I usually stay at the Ritz Carton Kapalua in Maui. Feel free to say hello in the bar and I'll gladly buy you a drink.
Quoting stlgph (Reply 46):
You know folks, if you want to find out where a crew stays, not that hard to figure it out when most of them are standing out front of an airport getting into a hotel livery van.

just sayin.

You guys really don't get it. There are rules the airline employees have to follow, and one of them is to not broadcast where we are staying on layovers. You are thinking too much black & white, when security comes in all shades of gray.

Sure, a good detective could find out where we are staying in just a few seconds. That's not the point. We're trying to avoid the wholesale broadcast of our location on an unregulated internet where any person could just read about it. We're trying to keep a level of discretion going here to avoid the type of incidents mentioned above where some passenger found out where that cute FA is staying and in a drunken stupor crawls over there trying to find her. It's not about high-level 'top secret' security, but an everyday common-sense approach to safety.

As an example, do you post your social security number online? Do you post your phone number, address, and e-mail where anyone can find them? No. But I'm sure a security specialist could find out that information too within a couple of seconds, so who bother? The answer is again - common-sense security. So please, we know someone in the hotel lobby could look around and see a bunch of crewmembers, but I'd rather have those dozen people know where I'm at than a couple billion people on the internet knowing where I'm at.

HAL
One smooth landing is skill. Two in a row is luck. Three in a row and someone is lying.

cageyjames

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:03 am

Quoting HAL (Reply 47):
You guys really don't get it. There are rules the airline employees have to follow, and one of them is to not broadcast where we are staying on layovers. You are thinking too much black & white, when security comes in all shades of gray.

Look I do get your point. There are probably rules out there. But they don't apply to me. I can't be expected to adhere to airline rules when I'm not an airline employee. Common sense would be not to say "I've got 10 hot flight attendants in a hot tub at the Westin, come on over". But to expect people not to say, "Yes I did notice a DL employee at my hotel I stay at months ago", that's unrealistic. I mean heck you said:

Quoting HAL (Reply 10):
Quite a few crews stay on Maui every day. When I was SEA based for HA we originally stayed at the Maui Prince hotel (now the Makena Beach Resort). That changed several years ago, and until the closure of the SEA base we stayed in Kihei.

There are crews from other airlines now staying in Kihei, Wailea, and Kaanapali. It's a great layover - I wish I could still do them.

How is that any different than what I said?

tb727

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:14 am

Well at my airline, we stay next to some of the finest hotels in the world.  shhh 

[Edited 2014-04-03 17:16:36]

chrisair

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:07 am

Quoting HAL (Reply 47):
Do you post your phone number, address, and e-mail where anyone can find them? No.

Many people do on Facebook or unknowingly on Instagram, Twitter etc (I don't and turn location services off if you don't want people to find your GPS location in photos).

Quoting HAL (Reply 47):
We're trying to avoid the wholesale broadcast of our location on an unregulated internet where any person could just read about it

Fair enough, but go do a google search for "Tripadvisor airline crew hotels." It's a lot easier to find information there than this site.

Quoting tb727 (Reply 49):
Well at my airline, we stay next to some of the finest hotels in the world.

Do you guys use the pools over there too?  

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos