Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wxman11
Topic Author

DL SFO-NRT Route

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 am

Hi folks,

question. Since DL is no longer conducting their SFO-NRT flight, is there any word on the following:
1). does this opened up any slot at NRT?
2). is DL adding a new route in substitution of SFO-NRT flight?
3). is there any new airline starting or current airline adding another flight?

roseflyer

RE: DL SFO-NRT Route

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 am

With the additions of HND-SFO and NRT-SJC, I doubt there is any need for anyone to fill the void that the DL 767 left. Also I don't think DL is as desperate for NRT slots as they used to since they are now starting to move Asia connections from NRT to SEA nonstop transpacific flights.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

modesto2

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:22 pm

To answer your question 2, DL recently started SEASFO service to connect Asia-bound customers via the SEA "hub." For example, someone who would previously have flown SFO-NRT-HKG will now fly SFO-SEA-HKG. DL was most likely the smallest player in the NRTSFO market, and with UA's bid for HNDSFO, SFOTYO will still have plenty of service.

jetblue1965

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Quoting modesto2 (Reply 2):
To answer your question 2, DL recently started SEASFO service to connect Asia-bound customers via the SEA "hub." For example, someone who would previously have flown SFO-NRT-HKG will now fly SFO-SEA-HKG. DL was most likely the smallest player in the NRTSFO market, and with UA's bid for HNDSFO, SFOTYO will still have plenty of service.

I'm glad that DL and UA are calling a semi-truce here - DL exiting SFONRT and UA exiting SEANRT. Difference is of course DL SFO pax are now forced to go via SEA while UA SEA pax can still use JV-neutral flight on ANA.

IrishAyes

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 3):
I'm glad that DL and UA are calling a semi-truce here - DL exiting SFONRT and UA exiting SEANRT. Difference is of course DL SFO pax are now forced to go via SEA while UA SEA pax can still use JV-neutral flight on ANA.

I don't think this was coordinated jointly by either carrier, but rather a realization that neither market (DL SFO-NRT, UA SEA-NRT) were worth the investment of resources (a/c, crew, wide-body gate space) as spokes on the west coast.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos