Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

longhaul67
Topic Author

BA 772 In Heavy Turbulence (video)

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Happy Easter, folks!

Video of BA 244 EZE-LHR (B-772) in what can only be described as turbulence in the severe category.
It is clearly not CAT, they seem to be in some sort of weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UO-wYpNN0s

Cheers..

AV8AJET

RE: BA 772 In Heavy Turbulence (video)

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Wow that's a wild ride! Guessing that aircraft required an inspection on arrival into London.
"To fly or not to fly there is no question!"

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Happy easter to you as well!

Awesome video!
I always get a thrill during those minutes of turbulence as it gets me adrenalin that such a big plane is able to handle it with 'care' for itself and its passengers without any damage.

Is there a maximum of what a plane can handle?
Is the experience of turbulence in a plane everywhere the same?

by738

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Think its a number of years old, and so Im guessing everyone was ok !

flymia

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 pm

I think I got a bigger headache watching the video than I would if I was on the plane. It is always a little difficult to tell how bad turbulence is on camera but the noises made it clear that was pretty bad. I've experienced moments like that for 20-30 seconds on ocean crossing with jetstreams but never that consitant over a span of 5 minutes or so. Two months ago from LAX-HKG we had a few bumps like that where plates fell in the galley, FAs had to be seated etc. But did not seem as bad as that.

Quoting 456 (Reply 2):
Is the experience of turbulence in a plane everywhere the same?

I think it depends. I know the middle of the plane will handle it a bit smoother while if you are near the back near the tail if there is rudder/yaw input you would feel the swaying more.

Quoting 456 (Reply 2):

A lot. And a lot more than that. The maximums these airliners planes are tested for are almost impossible if not impossible to find turbulence on earth that strong.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

DocLightning

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Quoting flymia (Reply 4):
A lot. And a lot more than that. The maximums these airliners planes are tested for are almost impossible if not impossible to find turbulence on earth that strong.

Everyone aboard would be dead of internal injuries before the wings broke off.

It's hard to call this "Severe." Some pax had their traytables down and I didn't see cups or service items thrown around the cabin. "Moderate" would probably be more accurate.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

KarelXWB

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 5):
It's hard to call this "Severe." Some pax had their traytables down and I didn't see cups or service items thrown around the cabin. "Moderate" would probably be more accurate.

I think it looks worse because the camera was very shaky.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

fanoftristars

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm

These are some ok bumps, but hardly severe. This appears worse because of how much the camera is moving.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

longhaul67
Topic Author

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:41 pm

According to the pilot at least it was the worst he had experienced in his 30 years career. So it must have been pretty rough.

stealth777

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Since he was seated near the wing and he had a window seat, he should have been filming the wing. That could have given us a better grasp on how bad it was based on how much the wing was flexing. I wonder how bad was it really or did he just move the camera more to make it seem worse than it was. Although from the brief moments he did point the camera out the window it looked like they were just above the clouds before climbing to smoother air.

-Stealth

longhaul67
Topic Author

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:59 pm

I didn't see cups or service items thrown around the cabin.

Or in the cockpit like on this A300.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB71t0-xAFY

[Edited 2014-04-18 11:09:10]

DocLightning

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:13 pm

From Skybrary:
http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Turbulence

Quote:

*Light turbulence is the least severe, with slight, erratic changes in attitude and/or altitude.
*Moderate turbulence is similar to light turbulence, but of greater intensity - variations in speed as well as altitude and attitude may occur but the aircraft remains in control all the time.
*Severe turbulence is characterised by large, abrupt changes in attitude and altitude with large variations in airspeed. There may be brief periods where effective control of the aircraft is impossible. Loose objects may move around the cabin and damage to aircraft structures may occur.
*Extreme turbulence is capable of causing structural damage and resulting directly in prolonged, possibly terminal, loss of control of the aircraft.

In this case, this seems to be moderate. The aircraft seemed to be in control at all times. A F/A was seen walking up the aisle and service items were staying put on tray tables. Moderate turbulence can be very distressing for passengers, even though it isn't dangerous. Severe tends to cause injuries either from people who are out of their seats (F/As, people going to the lav, etc.) being thrown into the ceiling/bulkheads or service items flying around the cabin.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

777STL

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah, I'd call that moderate, not severe. Severe is F/As and anything else unsecured in the cabin hitting the ceiling.

I went through something similar a few years ago in a QF 744 flying SYD-LAX. I was more amused than anything watching the wings absorbing the turbulence. That is, until I spilt my beer all over me.   It lasted about twenty minutes.
PHX based

OA260

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Quoting 777stl (Reply 12):
Yeah, I'd call that moderate, not severe. Severe is F/As and anything else unsecured in the cabin hitting the ceiling.

Yes totally agree. Ive been on worse many years ago on a Sabena flight from ATH-BRU We hit bad turbulence and the drinks and trays did go everywhere. Some people were in tears.

Utah744

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 6):

With an arm extended holding a phone or camera the video turbulence would be magnified because o0f the lever arm. Wish he had just rested it on the seat back in front of him.
You are never too old to learn something stupid

tonyban

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:15 pm

I've seen this before. It looks like part of the 'shaking' is deliberate !

flymia

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:37 pm

Quoting longhaul67 (Reply 8):
According to the pilot at least it was the worst he had experienced in his 30 years career. So it must have been pretty rough.

I could not make out what the pilot said. I thought he said it was not the worst they have seen and that they are trained for it. Anyone else try to hear what the captain said?

There seemed to be minimal yelling. If most of the passengers are not to scared then it is moderate. If you notice around the 5min mark even with what are some of the loudest jolts a drink stays on the tray table of the lady in the aisle seat in the aisle to the left and it stays put the whole entire time. The shaking camera certainly makes it look worse than it seems.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

danman132x

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:34 pm

This is awesome! Nothing is more fun than some turbulence in flight. Adds some fun to an otherwise long, boring flight. Had some pretty bad turbulence last year myself on a flight from MUC-CLT on an A343 that had my stomach drop a few times. I was full smiles the whole time while everyone else had these worried expressions on their faces.

The video does look slightly exaggerated though.

777Jet

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Quoting by738 (Reply 3):
It is always a little difficult to tell how bad turbulence is on camera but the noises made it clear that was pretty bad.

Agreed!

Good to see a turbulence video with screams and other cabin noises to back it up! Much better than the vids in which people just sit there shaking the video camera  
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

Aesma

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Seemed like fun but nothing too violent, very long though (10 minutes from the comment).

As a teen I flew NCE-ORY, it was one of my first flights, maybe 7th or thereabout, all short-haul, with no significant turbulence up to then. The weather in Nice was clouds and light rain, not a storm or anything like that. As the A320 (Air France shuttle) was climbing, we hit something akin to severe turbulence, with no injuries though, probably because everyone was seated at that point. Things flew into the air, stuff fell from the bins (fortunately this was 15 years ago when nobody had suitcases there), negative G were experienced several times, people were screaming...

I must say I enjoyed it a lot !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

KarelXWB

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Quoting danman132x (Reply 17):
This is awesome! Nothing is more fun than some turbulence in flight. Adds some fun to an otherwise long, boring flight. Had some pretty bad turbulence last year myself on a flight from MUC-CLT on an A343 that had my stomach drop a few times. I was full smiles the whole time while everyone else had these worried expressions on their faces.

It's all overrated   Reminds me of this George Carlin clip about airport security:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQdC-e82gmk
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

CaptCosslett

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:25 pm

In my experience of severe turbulence has been when the flight deck tells the cabin crew to take their seats, you then know you are for in a rough ride!!!.

[Edited 2014-04-18 15:26:51]

777fan

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Here we go with everyone's fave turbulence videos - one of mine is linked below. Granted, it's on a smaller E-190, but note the combination of chop, lateral, (and some) vertical movement. The crew also had set the throttles down to idle for the descent and still had to deal with a sucky ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1lwciuKnI

I'd seen the OP's video and it's not quite as bad as the worst I've encountered (ref AC32 SYD-HNL on a 763 circa 2006; seven of the nine hours were spent in the ITGZ and/or riding the jet stream). The OP's video however, depicted a pretty long time to spend in those conditions.

777fan
DC-8 61/63/71 DC-9-30/50 MD-80/82/83 DC-10-10/30 MD-11 717 721/2 732/3/4/5/G/8/9 741/2/4 752 762/3 777 A306/319/20/33 AT

garpd

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:46 pm

It's a fake people.

Look carefully and you will see drinks on trays not budging an inch.
There was a little bit of a shake, to account for the noise. But nothing even approaching what the video is trying to depict.

I think the guy was called on it on radio by another passenger on the same flight.

[Edited 2014-04-18 16:48:01]
arpdesign.wordpress.com

spacecadet

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:24 am

I've seen this video before. You know, I've searched high and low for videos of *real* severe turbulence and I don't think I've found any that I'd really term that (or almost certainly that the flight crew would term that). In severe turbulence, a flight attendant is not going to be walking around as in this video, that's for sure. Objects will be being tossed around the cabin. The wing flex you'd see out the window would scare the bejesus out of many passengers.

I'd call this turbulence light to moderate with a lot of camera shaking going on.

The reason I've actually looked for severe turbulence videos is because of an experience I had about 15 years ago on a Northwest 747-400 flying over Alaska, which was just unlike anything I've ever seen on YouTube. The pilot actually called that "severe" turbulence over the PA afterward, and it's the only time I've gone through that kind of turbulence in about 35 years of flying at least 15-20 flight segments per year. Stuff was falling out of the overhead bins, drinks were all over the floor, people were crying. You could *hear* it - severe turbulence makes a particular gut-wrenching sound as the plane twists, stuff gets slammed against the overhead bins and the interior panels themselves smack against each other. And that plane was rocking and rolling. Even as an experienced flyer, looking out the window I had serious doubts we were going to be in possession of all four engines by the end of it. I had no idea engine pylons were capable of that much twisting flex.

I have never found a video online that shows anything similar. I know it happens because we occasionally see photos of the aftermath. But there just don't seem to be any videos of it during the turbulence itself on YouTube. I don't think severe turbulence is nearly as common as the *titles* people give their YouTube videos would make it seem.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

trent1000

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:39 am

This video was posted here on ANet and discussed some months ago. That is when I first saw it.

jetmech

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 am

Quoting 456 (Reply 2):

IIRC, most commercial types are stressed to -1.5g to +3g. I suspect extreme turbulence may exceed these limits, but for very short durations only.

Quoting spacecadet (Reply 24):
I had no idea engine pylons were capable of that much twisting flex.

Paradoxically, it's the flexibility of the wings and pylons that allow the structure to withstand turbulence.The outboard engine pylons of the 747 are configured with spring beams to allow for extra flexibility. The inboards are long enough that the natural strain of the structure provides the required movement.

Regards, JetMech
JetMech split the back of his pants. He can feel the wind in his hair :shock: .

muzyck

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 am

Quoting AV8AJET (Reply 1):
Wow that's a wild ride! Guessing that aircraft required an inspection on arrival into London.

Perhaps the seats may have been soiled and new "air - sickness bags" I would guess. I don't see why it should require anything more than that.

[Edited 2014-04-18 18:49:20]

NickLAX

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:52 am

This looks about the same I had 7 years ago LHR-LAX on UA as we crossed over Greenland while they were experiencing a storm system. Convective effects as we crossed the front (we were WELL above the visible weather). Same feel in the cabin as this video. HARDLY severe, more moderate turbulence. In our incident the Crew warned us 20 mins before and asked crew to take seats and clear cabin service items. Purser said it was worst she say in 20 years... but hardly Severe turbulence

factsonly

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:27 am

You know, I've searched high and low for videos of *real* severe turbulence and I don't think I've found any
I have never found a video online that shows anything similar.

The answer is simple.

True SEVERE turbulence has a magnitude that makes filming totally impossible. A camera / phone would be thrown out of your hands, and you would be hanging on for dear life. It is 10x worse than the best roller-coaster ride.

Having experienced SEVERE turbulence myself, I can tell you there is absolute fear of death and utter panic in the cabin. The collective screaming, the calling out for God or Allah make SEVERE turbulence stand-out. The event will be for ever imprinted on your mind. You know, when you hit true SEVERE turbulence.

When heavy drink carts (100kg) can hit the ceiling and land back on passengers breaking arms and legs, when babies are flying through the cabin like baseballs, and seats are wet with urine, you know you have hit SEVERE turbulence.

This BA video is just mild shaking, a common occurrence.

timpdx

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:27 am

would love to see a video out the window of the flex on a 787 wing in true severe turbulence. I woul imagine, however, that the huge flex in a cf wing would actually dampen the turbulence and stress on the airframe.
Flown 2018: LAX, ARN, DXB, ALA, TAS, UCG, ASB, MYP, GYD, TBS, KUT, BER, TLS, SVO, CCF, DUB, LGW, MEX, BUR, PDX, ORD, SLC, SNA
Upcoming 2018: STL, MIA, BZE, IAH, BHM, LHR, DFW, PHX

RussianJet

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 am

Quoting 456 (Reply 2):

I loved this question.  

I mean, we should all probably know that planes aren't indestructible. So yes - of course there's going to me a maximum stress the frame can handle.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

flymia

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:57 am

Quoting garpd (Reply 23):

I would not call it fake. I do think he made it look worse than it was but the captain did make an announcement apologizing for the turbulence. So it was more than typical chop. I agree its no where near severe that is obvious. It is barely moderate if that by the aviation definition. But for a typical passenger perspective I would call that moderate to more than usual.

We on Anet are not typical passengers, we either fly a ton, work for the airlines, are pilots, or just know how much these airliners can really take. Most people have no clue what to call a few big bumps on a flight. My girlfriend would think the plane is going to crash while I would be enjoying the wing flex and watching my IFE movie. It's all the perspective of the passenger.

AR385

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 am

That´s rather typical weather for Europe bound flights out of EZE during late Autumn/early Winter.

Quoting danman132x (Reply 17):
This is awesome! Nothing is more fun than some turbulence in flight.

I used to think like you, until I got an awful ride on an AR 732 MDZ-AEP. The thing was moving up and down, yawing and rolling at the same time. Half the people on the plane threw up. Was that moderate? Severe? I don´t know. I haven´t experienced something like that since nor want to.

The captain did advise that FAs would remain seated until further notice.

The smell of vomit was terrible. Winter, of course.

AirPacific747

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:43 am

I flew on a UA 744 AKL-LAX back in 2001 and in the middle of the flight we encountered some pretty strong turbulence. I remember it felt like the plane dropped quite a bit at one point.

garpd

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am

Quoting flymia (Reply 32):
I would not call it fake

It is fake. I'm certain I heard the poster admit it on the radio.

As for calling it real because the captain apologised, I guess to me that's just not enough.
Captain's will often apologise even for minor turbulence, especially if it lasts a while. Which is what the poster of the video said was the case.
I myself have experience a very little chop, with the captain coming on and apologising. I did not feel it was anything noteworthy, certainly not to apologise over.
arpdesign.wordpress.com

beechnut

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:30 am

Quoting longhaul67 (Thread starter):
Happy Easter, folks!

Video of BA 244 EZE-LHR (B-772) in what can only be described as turbulence in the severe category.
It is clearly not CAT, they seem to be in some sort of weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UO-wYpNN0s

Cheers..

In "severe" turbulence, flight attendants don't walk around, stuff is flying around, and the aircraft is difficult to control:

"Aircraft reaction: Turbulence that causes large, abrupt
changes in altitude and/or attitude. It usually causes large variations in indicated airspeed. Aircraft may be
momentarily out of control. Report as Severe Turbulence.
Inside aircraft: Occupants are forced violently against seat belts or shoulder straps.
Unsecured objects are tossed about. Food Service and walking are impossible."

Beech

majush

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Just a mild turbulence covered by a blair witch project camera man. I see the tray tables with orange juice not moving.

flymia

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Quoting garpd (Reply 35):

Fake means adding in the sounds, adding in the captain PA. To me fake meas. there was almost no turbulence and the video was edited to add in more. Assuming it was not edited I would call this mistitled or exaggerated.

And given that it looks that way I highly doubt this is the worst turbulence that captain has ever experienced.

SEA

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Quoting garpd (Reply 35):
It is fake. I'm certain I heard the poster admit it on the radio.

I don't know, several times you can hear folks in the cabin gasp or seem surprised by the level of chop. That's not something you can fake. No, I would never call this severe, but for a plane full of average people (like most planes are), turbulence of that duration is more than they are used to.

DocLightning

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:40 pm

I have been in moderate-to-severe (not truly "severe") turbulence on a BAe-146 from DEN to ASE one night. The worst part about it was that it was dark and cloudy and you couldn't see the ground, so in my mind I saw us slamming downwards into mountain tops.

At times, the G-force was negative. At times it was strongly positive. It would rapidly shift between the two and every time we dropped, it felt like were were falling and we were going to die. There was no attempt made at a cabin service (usually they'd do a round of juice/water on that short flight). During a brief calm, a man actually stood up and tried to use the lav. He came off the floor, possibly impacted the ceiling (wasn't clear to me whether he actually touched it or just got close), and landed painfully back on the floor again. He wasn't seriously injured (other than his pride, I'd guess), but he crawled back to his seat. People were screaming with some of the jolts. I remember on one downdraft, I reflexively grabbed my armrests and of course one of them folded up, which was a bit of a freak-out moment.

The biggest relief was when there was a break in the clouds and I could see lights below, which reassured me that, although it felt like were gaining and losing thousands of feet in altitude, we really weren't. But the engines were definitely dancing around on their pylons. It amazes me that even with all that motion and gusting I never heard them change their pitch.

I don't get motion sick. I get motion terror. If I'm on a rocking ship, I don't feel sick, I just panic that we're going to capsize, even though I intellectually know that it's ridiculous. Well, the absolute worst feeling for me is falling. My heart was in my throat for most of that flight.

The captain never came on and talked about it. I don't know if he was continuously in control of the aircraft or if there were brief moments of uncontrollability. I can't definitively call it "severe." I can just call it "pretty darned bad."
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

Type-Rated

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Quoting CaptCosslett (Reply 21):
In my experience of severe turbulence has been when the flight deck tells the cabin crew to take their seats, you then know you are for in a rough ride!!!.

If the flight deck crew tells the F/A's to take passenger seats you know it could get really rough!
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

rwy04lga

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Quoting fanoftristars (Reply 7):
These are some ok bumps, but hardly severe. This appears worse because of how much the camera is moving.

His director said to 'shake it to add drama'.

Quoting stealth777 (Reply 9):
Since he was seated near the wing and he had a window seat, he should have been filming the wing. That could have given us a better grasp on how bad it was based on how much the wing was flexing.

Or NOT flexing!

Quoting tonyban (Reply 15):
It looks like part of the 'shaking' is deliberate !

Looks that way to me as well.

Quoting garpd (Reply 23):
It's a fake people.

Look carefully and you will see drinks on trays not budging an inch.
There was a little bit of a shake, to account for the noise. But nothing even approaching what the video is trying to depict.

Maybe not a fake, per se, but certainly not as dramatic as advertised.

You want turbulence? Fly over the Amazon, then make comparisons to this one.
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue

spacecadet

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:51 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 40):
During a brief calm, a man actually stood up and tried to use the lav. He came off the floor, possibly impacted the ceiling (wasn't clear to me whether he actually touched it or just got close), and landed painfully back on the floor again.
But the engines were definitely dancing around on their pylons. It amazes me that even with all that motion and gusting I never heard them change their pitch.
I can't definitively call it "severe."

That all sounds like my experience described earlier in the thread and the captain on my flight specifically called it "severe" in his announcement afterwards. And it was definitely the worst turbulence I have ever experienced, by a large amount. I didn't used to get scared of turbulence (and in fact I don't even *remember* it from flights I had when I was younger) but these days, whenever I see the seat belt sign come on and feel those first few bumps, I always think "jeeze, is this going to get as bad as that ride 15 years ago?" I've become one of those people who clutch their arm rests reflexively. That's what severe turbulence can do to you. It's actually a traumatic experience.

The ironic part is I should probably be even *less* scared of turbulence now after going through that and experiencing firsthand the kind of punishment planes can take without breaking. But I think the flipside to that is seeing what nature is really capable of, and knowing the limits you thought existed before really don't. The forces of nature can be much more powerful than you ever expect.

Quoting factsonly (Reply 29):
True SEVERE turbulence has a magnitude that makes filming totally impossible. A camera / phone would be thrown out of your hands, and you would be hanging on for dear life.

That's probably partly true - I think definitely an unstabilized camera being held by an average person would either fly out of their hands or just be bouncing around so much that the footage would be totally unusable. There probably actually are videos taken during severe turbulence but the people who took them never posted them because they're just a big blur.

I keep thinking back to that flight 15 years ago, though, and wishing I had a camera with me in my seat. I'm a trained camera operator (and I always use a strap), but just didn't have a decent video-capable camera with me that day (digicams and phones didn't shoot video back then). I'd think *someone* else with some camera training and a decent stabilized camera would have gone through severe turbulence and filmed it, though. It still seems weird to me that in this day and age when absolutely everything is filmed that it's so hard to find videos of true severe turbulence.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos