Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Tomassjc
Topic Author

Stowaway In The Wheel Well Of HA45 SJC-OGG?

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:28 am

KTVU in the Bay Area is reporting a 16 year old boy was found wandering on the ramp at OGG today after claiming to have stowed away in the wheel well on a HA 763.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...s-away-san-jose-maui-flight/nfdrX/

It seems hard to believe that anyone could have survived such an ordeal.

Tomas SJC

[Edited 2014-04-20 22:29:33]
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward -Leonardo DaVinci

Max Q

RE: Stowaway In The Wheel Well Of HA45 SJC-OGG?

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:34 am

I can't understand how anyone has survived doing this.

First of all how do you get up into the wheel well, what do you sit on, hang on to, how do you breathe, why don't you die of exposure ????

I know it's been done I just can't understand how anyone does it, not to mention the danger of being crushed by the gear itself.

And who stows away from California to Maui ?!!!!

This has been done so many times now I think its time for someone to interview the survivors and write a book.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

khpn

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:37 am

WOW! With all the stories you hear about stowaways dying during flight, I'm shocked that this kid survived. Glad he did, but the is no doubt that this is a very rare occurrence.

haynflyer

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:39 am

From what I have read, it'd be a very short book. Maybe just a pamphlet. As of 2013, of the 99 know cases, 76 perished.*

I don't see how this is a survivable act given the altitude and temperatures involved. But the FBI says that security footage at San Jose shows the teen jumping the fence on Sunday, prior to the flight's departure.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...of_plane_to_Maui.html?id=255962811

If he was caught on security camera, it sounds like he should have been caught in SJO. I wonder how many other people have made it over the fence that we don't know about....

* source: http://www.nbcnews.com/business/trav...undiscovered-7-flights-f6C10287982

[Edited 2014-04-20 22:39:47]

[Edited 2014-04-20 23:01:06]

[Edited 2014-04-20 23:01:27]
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

laxboeingman

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:41 am

Here is an AP article via Yahoo.
http://news.yahoo.com/16-old-survive...el-well-maui-flight-041150318.html

It says he ran away because he had an argument with his parents. That to me, though, is still no excuse to stow away.

Quoting Max Q (Reply 1):
First of all how do you get up into the wheel well, what do you sit on, hang on to, how do you breathe, why don't you die of exposure ????

I have all of those questions as well. It is amazing he survived.

The article says he was not charged with a crime. How is stowing away not a crime?
The opinions I post are mine and not of any organization I am affiliated with.

Max Q

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:43 am

Quoting haynflyer (Reply 3):
From what I have read, it'd be a very short book. Maybe just a pamphlet. As of 2013, of the 99 know cases, 76 perished.*

Well no, that means 23 people survived so actually it would be very interesting I think and so would many others. How on earth did they survive ? would be quite fascinating.

Just because it wasn't your idea doesn't mean it's not a good one.

GGg

Max Q

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:45 am

Quoting laxboeingman (Reply 4):
How is stowing away not a crime?

Maybe it's like surviving being the death penalty..

GGg

mikesairways

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:28 am

Glad to hear his ok. I wonder where he jumped the fence, possibly by Fed EX? HA uses gate 3 which is at the north end of Terminal A (used to be A15 that AA used for SJC-NRT).

I"m a frequent spotter out there - I hope this does not have an impact on our spotting activities. The Airport Police are usually pretty cool out there - I've been "contacted" once after someone reported a "suspicious person" with a camera loitering near the runways. After checking my ID he told me to have a good day and enjoy my spotting.

Another concern a spotter friend of mine and I are having about what will happen to the former SJSU parking lot once the soccer stadium opens. This area has become quite a family place with people bring kids of all ages to watch planes. There is a nice grassy area which is nice to just sit and watch planes. We both would love to reach out and establish a positive relationship with the city and the airport.
The red zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only, there is no stopping in the white zone...(Ai

mikesairways

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 am

Sorry to go slighty off-topic and I hope this isn't too insensitive but...the ultimate stowaway goes to:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nYkHxhtRnWs/TVoT9mFr3EI/AAAAAAAACj4/7snoqKHPN20/s1600/ada+quonset.jpg
The red zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only, there is no stopping in the white zone...(Ai

707lvr

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:05 am

This was a hoax. All that's missing is the how and the who helped. Good one though. I just hope it doesn't inspire imitators because they will all die.

ltbewr

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 am

Airport perimeter security is very difficult to assure 100% and any breach must be taken seriously. I do have questions of how he survived in a wheelwell of an aircraft, I wonder if he got into a baggage compartment with some pressurization and heat which could have improved his survival instead of a wheel well.
I suspect that the Hawaii family services will be holding this kid until sent back to California and California state family services will investigate to find out if the child was being abused or was just being a idiot. I do hope the parents get at least part of the bill for the investigation and his return flight from his adventure. I also hope the investigators talk to this kid to find out what he did, how he got on the plane to make improvements in security. It is totally unacceptable for any stowaway to get on any plane for security as well as preventing their deaths.
I expect that HA has to pay for the kid's return as they have responsibility for somehow allowing a breach of security, including for an adult to accompany him to make sure he get home.

Quantos

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 am

With all the talks concerning the TSA and airport security, I find it amazing that this is possible in the first place. It's a bit ironic that the TSA spends so much effort to screen actual passengers considering that all of this could be trumped by a stowaway. Let's face it, if someone is able to get in there, a bomb can get in there as well.
Quantos,

I maintain the Airbus A220 (formerly Bombardier C Series) Aircraft Status sheet: https://goo.gl/HZshto
Feel free to comment on the sheet with any improvement suggestions and data update requests! Thanks to Paolo92 for his advice!

MadameConcorde

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:47 am

Quoting Max Q (Reply 1):

I just saw this through another source.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/wor...er-pacific-jet-wheel-well-20140421

My question is rather how did he survive the half-Transpac flight at such altitudes without any pressurization?

Did he have any idea of what he was getting himself into?
Did he not think that he would get caught on landing - alive or dead?

Lucky he did not get totally frozen with ensuing death.

Wow!      
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

skywaymanaz

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Quoting Quantos (Reply 11):
It's a bit ironic that the TSA spends so much effort to screen actual passengers considering that all of this could be trumped by a stowaway.

Two words:
Security . . . theater

homer787

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:29 pm

I find is amazing he wasn't crushed by the landing gear as well. The storage area can't be much bigger than the assembly.

MadameConcorde

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Quoting skywaymanaz (Reply 13):
Two words:
Security . . . theater

I have always thought the same.

There are so many ways... if one really thinks about it.

Wow!      
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

Tod

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 10):
I wonder if he got into a baggage compartment with some pressurization and heat which could have improved his survival instead of a wheel well.

The 767 cargo compartment is fully pressurized and heated, but access would be impossible without a ladder and time.
The electrical/electronic bay hatch would be easier, but that isn't going to happen while the aircraft is taxiing out either.

It smells like a hoax.

jayunited

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Quoting Quantos (Reply 11):
With all the talks concerning the TSA and airport security, I find it amazing that this is possible in the first place. It's a bit ironic that the TSA spends so much effort to screen actual passengers considering that all of this could be trumped by a stowaway. Let's face it, if someone is able to get in there, a bomb can get in there as well.

The TSA is only responsible for security checkpoints securing the perimeter of the airport falls to others. Here at ORD that responsibility falls to the Chicago Police and the DOA (Department of Aviation) Police.

What I would like to know is how much time lapsed between the time officials saw this teen on camera scaling the fence to the time HA 45 took off? And what were they doing to try to find this teen during that time. The footage on security cameras is being shown in real time and it is being recorded as well. So why wasn't someone dispatched immediately to find this teen when he showed up on the camera scaling the fence. ORD has cameras, motion sensors among other things the won't disclose for security reasons deployed around the perimeter, and I'm sure SJC has several layers of security as well so why no official at SJC caught this teenager before he was able to stowaway on this flight is really impressive and disappointing at the same time. There are even multiple cameras at the gates looking directly at the aircraft all of this footage is shown in real time and is being recorded and yet no body saw this boy until he was spotted wondering around the tarmac at OGG?
It really makes one question what are the people behind the scenes doing? Because its obvious that more than one person failed to catch this teenager at SJC.

But even more impressive is the fact that this teenager survived the flight when according to some reports the aircraft was cruising at 38,000 feet.

solarflyer22

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Quoting jayunited (Reply 17):
The TSA is only responsible for security checkpoints securing the perimeter of the airport falls to others. Here at ORD that responsibility falls to the Chicago Police and the DOA (Department of Aviation) Police.

Yeah, the problem is that perimeter should be totally locked down. If you can get a 130lb teenager into the wheel well you can get something more harmful in there as well.

They need to re-design these to make this stop. They should put in metal spikes or something like the do for pigeons on the side of buildings. Something that either makes the passenger uncomfortable or ensures certain death.

GentFromAlaska

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 12):
Lucky he did not get totally frozen with ensuing death.

Well he was traveling in a WSW direction where it only gets warmer. Possibly the Pacific thermals kept him from freezing at 38,000 feet. As far as oxygen deprivation I can only assume his unconscious state allowed him to take in shallow amounts of oxygen; enough to keep the body alive. And he is 16.

For the sake of discussion are airlines mandated to keep a oxygen mounted to a bulkhead in the wheel wheel. It's not to far fetched in the event the crew had to access that space in flight. I've seen oxygen staged in some weird places on ships including near the center-line near the keel of a vessel.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

DTWPurserBoy

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Quoting homer787 (Reply 14):
I find is amazing he wasn't crushed by the landing gear as well. The storage area can't be much bigger than the assembly

When the main gear bay doors open to raise or lower the gear I don't think there is anyplace safe to sit or stand. Realistically, I don't see how any human can survive at -40F temps with zero oxygen for a 5-6 hour flight. I agree with those that said he would have been crushed when the gear retracted. Those things are HUGE!

I think that they will determine that he jumped the fence, snuck up a jetway ladder and snuck on board and then reversed it in OGG.

I have not heard if he is hospitalized or anything. If he is not dead he should be suffering brain damage from hypoxia, not to mention hypotermia.

This sounds like high theater.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

NBGSkyGod

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 18):
Yeah, the problem is that perimeter should be totally locked down. If you can get a 130lb teenager into the wheel well you can get something more harmful in there as well.

They need to re-design these to make this stop. They should put in metal spikes or something like the do for pigeons on the side of buildings. Something that either makes the passenger uncomfortable or ensures certain death.

seriously!?

Why not make it a 500 yard kill zone around the perimeter of an airport with motion-sensing machine guns. If it moves within 500 yards of an airport then it will die. That will fix the ultra rare problem of perimeter fence security breaches.

On a more sane note, the airport LEOs usually do a good job of watching the airport, and the ground staff do as well.
Pilots are idiots, who at any given moment will attempt to kill themselves or others.

spacecadet

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Something that either makes the passenger uncomfortable or ensures certain death.

Really? The legal penalty for being a stowaway isn't death, nor should the airlines be actively trying to kill stowaways. They don't need to make it comfortable for them either, but humans aren't pigeons and you don't go around trying to kill them. This wouldn't even fix any of the security concerns. A bomb doesn't care if there are metal spikes up there - in fact that would only give a bomber something else to hang it from.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

DTWPurserBoy

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Quoting NBGSkyGod (Reply 21):
On a more sane note, the airport LEOs usually do a good job of watching the airport, and the ground staff do as well.

Very true. Every employee on the ramp has not only their airline ID readily visible but also a ramp access ID. It is something you just automatically scan for when someone walks by you--and a kid in jeans would stick out big time and would be challenged. The LEO's will eat an employee for lunch if they catch you below wing without visible ID.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

PHX787

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:11 pm

You guys are all crying hoax but from what the security footage reveals, one can see him crawling from the wheel well down to the tarmac.

Apparently doctors are also examining the boy for medical issues related to the altitude and lack of oxygen. Reportedly he had some serious breathing issues upon touchdown.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

KC135Hydraulics

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:24 pm

As I have only touched a 767 once or twice is there sufficient room in the main landing gear wheel well to accomodate him? Wouldn't you have to have some advanced knowledge of the retraction sequence to avoid being crushed by all the moving parts? I find it absolutely astonishing that this kid survived! The noise, the lack of oxygen, the cold... this is simply amazing... nevermind the security problem this poses!!
MSgt, USAF
KC-135R / C-17A Pneudraulic Systems Mechanic Supervisor

KC135Hydraulics

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:28 pm

Does anyone have a link to the security camera footage?
MSgt, USAF
KC-135R / C-17A Pneudraulic Systems Mechanic Supervisor

7673mech

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Quoting 707lvr (Reply 9):
This was a hoax. All that's missing is the how and the who helped. Good one though. I just hope it doesn't inspire imitators because they will all die

They have security footage in California and Hawaii - explain how it is a hoax?

Quoting Kc135hydraulics (Reply 25):
As I have only touched a 767 once or twice is there sufficient room in the main landing gear wheel well to accomodate him? Wouldn't you have to have some advanced knowledge of the retraction sequence to avoid being crushed by all the moving parts? I find it absolutely astonishing that this kid survived! The noise, the lack of oxygen, the cold... this is simply amazing... nevermind the security problem this poses!!

The 767 wheel well is quite spacious. The thing the surprises me is that he didn't fall out or get pinched during retraction and extension. Pretty amazing.

Tugger

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:50 pm

I am going out on an uneducated limb here but I will guess that the air supply in the wheel well was established at ground level and the oxygen became contained when the doors closed. Additionally some heat from the surrounding material he was wedged against (the avionics/EE bay?) provided enough heat to prevent freezing. And lastly the cold and unconsciousness reduced his bodies use of oxygen to a level where what existed in the bay was sufficient. Another big question is how/why he didn't just fall out to become shark chum when the doors opened and gear deployed.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

ssteve

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Quoting tugger (Reply 28):
Another big question is how/why he didn't just fall out to become shark chum when the doors opened and gear deployed.

May be the biggest. All the others are "well, guess there was heat" and "well, guess there was room" -- for this one it's "did he somehow become conscious enough on descent?" or whether he was *really* secure in there.

aerobalance

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Unfortunately this is a fluke (not a hoax), and will only give creedence for others to try this stunt.
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

highflier92660

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:38 pm

I suspect this potential future high school class valedictorian was more into rap music than Bill Nye, the science guy. That is the only explanation why he thought he could stowaway unscathed in a Boeing 767-300 landing gear.

Anybody with a rudimentary knowledge of dumbbell "Earth Science" (the class taught to most all-world football prospects to become academically qualified for college) would have been crouched in terror, silently calculating in the frozen darkness of that wheel well: "Let's see, if 1013.2 mb is standard sea level pressure, then at the standard adiabatic lapse rate..."

What a stunad!!!!

wn676

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Quoting Highflier92660 (Reply 31):

I suspect this potential future high school class valedictorian was more into rap music than Bill Nye, the science guy. That is the only explanation why he thought he could stowaway unscathed in a Boeing 767-300 landing gear.

Anybody with a rudimentary knowledge of dumbbell "Earth Science" (the class taught to most all-world football prospects to become academically qualified for college) would have been crouched in terror, silently calculating in the frozen darkness of that wheel well: "Let's see, if 1013.2 mb is standard sea level pressure, then at the standard adiabatic lapse rate..."

What a stunad!!!!

Or, you know, it could be that he was reacting to a situation at home in a way that some 16 year olds are known to do; irrationally. I can also tell you that a large percentage of college-educated individuals don't know which compartments are pressurized on an aircraft, so let's hold off with the judgments.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

mikesairways

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:11 pm

KTVU News reporting supposed area where he hopped the fence:

http://t.co/uRtuOOQ9Hg

KDTWflyer

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 19):

At the flight levels the temperatures are consistently far below zero independent of whether or not the area you are flying over is tropical or Arctic. It really is a testament to human physiology and our ability to adapt to adverse conditions. I think I remember reading about a stowaway flying from Cuba to Europe once and survived!

Viscount724

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Quoting Max Q (Reply 5):

Well no, that means 23 people survived so actually it would be very interesting I think and so would many others. How on earth did they survive ? would be quite fascinating.

But how many of the 23 surviving cases were on flights that long? I think quite a few were on shorter flights where survival is more likely.

Quoting laxboeingman (Reply 4):
The article says he was not charged with a crime. How is stowing away not a crime?

They should at least be able to charge him with theft of transportation services, or obtaining transportation under false pretences or similar.

[Edited 2014-04-21 10:30:52]

larshjort

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 19):
For the sake of discussion are airlines mandated to keep a oxygen mounted to a bulkhead in the wheel wheel. It's not to far fetched in the event the crew had to access that space in flight. I've seen oxygen staged in some weird places on ships including near the center-line near the keel of a vessel.

It is not possible to access the Wheel well in flight and there is no requirement to store oxygen there.

Are you talking about the Wheel well? If so, what about the mechanics WHO has to work there servicing the aircraft? WHO is going to pay for the extra fuel for the weight?

I am going out on an uneducated limb here but I will guess that the air supply in the wheel well was established at ground level and the oxygen became contained when the doors closed.

The area is not pressurized. You cannot trap pressure in the wheel well. At 35k feet the amount of oxygen per kg air is the same as at sea level. 1 kg air just takes up a lot more room at 35k feet thereby reducing the amount of oxygen per cubic meter.

/Lars
139, 306, 319, 320, 321, 332, 34A, AN2, AT4, AT5, AT7, 733, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 146, AR1, BH2, CN1, CR2, DH1, DH3, DH4,

RyanAirB737

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Quoting mikesairways (Reply 33):

Looks like by gate 1. That part of the airport is deserted when I travel. That gate is used by regional jets and seem to only operate at peak times. This gate (and maybe one other) faces north towards the airport loop, rather than south towards the runways. It makes sense that nobody saw him, but still unsettling.

[Edited 2014-04-21 10:38:36]

hivue

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Something that either makes the passenger uncomfortable or ensures certain death.

I suspect this kid was hardly comfortable, and if he obviously didn't face certain death he got about as close to it as you can get and still walk away.
"You're sitting. In a chair. In the SKY!!" ~ Louis C.K.

dtw2hyd

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Lets hope Ryanair is not getting any ideas from this episode.
All posts are just opinions.

homer787

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:59 pm

I wonder if the wheel well of a 763 is more comfortable than G4's 757 seats?

DTWPurserBoy

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:25 pm

While on flight status with the USAF I had to undergo a high altitude depressurization to test our "time of useful consciousness." They depressurized first at, IIRC, 24,000 feet and then gave us some simple math questions to answer and timed our degradation. As I recall it was about 1 minute--the last question I remember was "How many 3 cent stamps are there in a dozen?" I answered "4." Then the instructor slapped the O2 mask on me. Then they took us to 41,000 feet and did a rapid decompression. We had about 5-6 seconds of useful consciousness and I am VERY glad that they had an instructor on oxygen one-on-one with all of us.

I just don't realistically see how this kid could have survived based on my own experiences but I guess stranger things have happened. How he escaped being crushed by the retracting gear or not dropping out of the plane when the main wheel well doors opened is a mystery. It will be interesting to see what the medical reports say.

707lvr

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:45 pm

They have security footage in California and Hawaii - explain how it is a hoax?

What they don't have footage of is him (or someone who looks like him) boarding his actual flight which arrived in Hawaii in time for him to be recorded walking around aimlessly.

Dalmd88

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 pm

I love the story on CNN.com. Some 'expert' thinks there may be a way from the wheel well in to the cabin. Why do they use these idiots?

Tigerguy

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Quoting Dalmd88 (Reply 43):
I love the story on CNN.com. Some 'expert' thinks there may be a way from the wheel well in to the cabin. Why do they use these idiots?

Read the CNN article (found here, by the way: http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/21/us/haw...ane-stowaway/index.html?hpt=hp_t1) and saw the following:

Quote:
It's possible for a stowaway to enter other parts of the plane through a wheel well, though complicated, Guillen said. It would require know-how. "On a 767 and other wide bodies, there are small latched doors that a very small and fit person can (use to) access the wheel wells for maintenance. You could access the passenger cabin from the wheel wells, but again, some knowledge of the anatomy of the aircraft is required. I wouldn't know how to do it."

I confess to knowing zilch about the inner workings of a 767. However, if the above is true, what is so outlandish about that? Regardless of how unlikely the event is, it's apparently possible if that paragraph is accurate. I guess my next question is "Are there maintenance hatches that could lead from the wheel well to the cabin?" (Keep in mind that I'm not suggesting that he crawled in and took an empty seat and kicked back for the rest of the flight).

I know we like to roast the media for their reporting, but come on...we have better things to do than beat the bones of that long-dead horse.
Good night, and keep watching the skis. Uh, skies.

rwy04lga

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 pm

SJO

SJC

Quoting 7673mech (Reply 27):
The thing the surprises me is that he didn't fall out or get pinched during retraction and extension.

Or spun by the wheels after takeoff.

I am going out on an uneducated limb here but I will guess that the air supply in the wheel well was established at ground level and the oxygen became contained when the doors closed.

The wheel well is not pressurized and equalized with the outside ambient pressure and temperature during climb and descent.
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue

LV

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:54 pm

I wonder if this kid is a member on here? I admit when I was a teen I had daydreams of doing something like this but I was educated enough to know the risks were not worth the reward.

ozark1

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Quoting Dalmd88 (Reply 43):

Was it Mary Schiavo? SUCH an EXPERT!

SXDFC

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Does anyone know the tail number of the bird that operated this flight?

I myself, look forward to him posting a Trip Report on this site! Title should be called "Hanging Ten in a 767"..

777Jet

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:18 am

Quoting LV (Reply 46):
I wonder if this kid is a member on here? I admit when I was a teen I had daydreams of doing something like this but I was educated enough to know the risks were not worth the reward.

I wonder... But, I doubt it  

The kid should go and buy a lotto ticket now, and, write a book or make a movie about it!
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos